Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Robbaz has a second part to his "let's play" (but, with Robbaz, it's more "let's gently caress this up together according to some internal narrative")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjeT6XaKPA4
Many a true nerds play is hilarious because he has gently caress all knowledge of cars. He took the short block and dropped it in an empty engine bay ffs. Also he couldn't even figure out the van.

The mans a genius at fallout... this, not so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I love how you can save up a bunch of fatigue to sleep until the next morning and then it wakes you up at 2am for the loving drunk guy. Now I have no fatigue so I can't sleep and nothing to do.

Also I'm pretty sure the extra gauges break the windscreen.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Cojawfee posted:

I love how you can save up a bunch of fatigue to sleep until the next morning and then it wakes you up at 2am for the loving drunk guy. Now I have no fatigue so I can't sleep and nothing to do.

Also I'm pretty sure the extra gauges break the windscreen.

Always unplug the phone at night. gently caress that guy. One spring of cocks to him.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

spring of the butterpussies

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

El Perkele posted:

from a shark a pussy

Took a while to figure it out. Is this actually in the game?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
How do you guys build your engines? I've just been putting the block on the bench and rotating it around as I look for bolts, but it seems like this guy should have an engine stand somewhere. Does he have one?

Oh while we're at it, how the gently caress do you move the floor jack? When I left click the handle it raises and says "jack has to be all the way down to move" when I right click it lowers what looks like all the way and gives the same message. Entering tool mode does nothing, pressing F does nothing.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
You have to crouch really low and than grab the jack. I couldn't figure it out either.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

MustardFacial posted:

How do you guys build your engines? I've just been putting the block on the bench and rotating it around as I look for bolts, but it seems like this guy should have an engine stand somewhere. Does he have one?

Oh while we're at it, how the gently caress do you move the floor jack? When I left click the handle it raises and says "jack has to be all the way down to move" when I right click it lowers what looks like all the way and gives the same message. Entering tool mode does nothing, pressing F does nothing.

For the first one there's that big blue thing inside the garage which you can mount the engine on. I don't know if he fixed it but if you lower it all the way to the ground and then put the engine underneath the bracket thing and tighten the bolts on the bracket then save and reload, you'll come back to the engine attached to it and you can lift it back up.

For the second one, you need to get all the way to the ground and aim at the actual jack part and not the lever.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
e: f;b

Click the very bottom of the jack, the "platform" if you will.

No stand, just build it on the bench and then move it to the hoist. I get the feeling it lets you build it bigger and heavier than you could actually move. I haven't actually tried but I wonder if it'd let you pick up the fully built engine.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

MustardFacial posted:

If you just go crankshaft, bearings, pistons, gasket, head, carb? and header you'll have enough to dangle it off the hoist to do the rest.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

e: f;b

Click the very bottom of the jack, the "platform" if you will.

No stand, just build it on the bench and then move it to the hoist. I get the feeling it lets you build it bigger and heavier than you could actually move. I haven't actually tried but I wonder if it'd let you pick up the fully built engine.

You can totally pick up the fully built engine, but I don't think it'll attach to the car without being on the hoist first.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

StarkRavingMad posted:

[*]If you want to see under the car (useful for hooking up all those lines), and you really trust the physics in this game -- and why wouldn't you? -- you CAN put the car up on a lift:

That is genius and makes me super nervous to contemplate even as a video game screenshot.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's not bad and you can easily push the car if it slides on the lift.

The septic truck is truly the best vehicle. You can't die in it. It's just like Finland in dirt rally. Put the front wheel into the ditch on the side of the road and it digs in and carries you around the corner.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 28, 2016

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Cojawfee posted:

It's not bad and you can easily push the car if it slides on the lift.

The septic truck is truly the best vehicle. You can't die in it. It's just like Finland in dirt rally. Put the front wheel into the ditch on the side of the road and it digs in and carries you around the corner.

I did manage to get the septic truck stuck in a ditch once (it was like, balanced on its front fender and the rear support with only one wheel touching anything), but the muscle car was close by and able to tow it out.

I'm blowing coolant out the hood and I'm not sure why. Are you supposed to tighten the radiator hoses somewhere? I can't find anything else that's loose.

(edit): oh Satan, it's not coolant, I'm an idiot. I forgot to attach the exhaust pipe

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 28, 2016

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

Pingiivi posted:

Took a while to figure it out. Is this actually in the game?

sadly no

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
The septic truck is great, and after a few crashes I've figured out how to get it back on it's wheels.. well more or less. It seems the tires are the best place to push, as I keep clipping through stuff elsewhere on the truck. Also there's a spot between the cabin and the tank where carried items (case of beer etc.) won't clip through, and I've used that to basically lift the truck out of a ditch. Expect physics glitches though.

Falken posted:

Many a true nerds play is hilarious because he has gently caress all knowledge of cars. He took the short block and dropped it in an empty engine bay ffs. Also he couldn't even figure out the van.

The mans a genius at fallout... this, not so.

I watched his videos, and christ, all he has managed to do in two videos is to walk to bumfucknowhere and is now basically lost. I hope he'll at least look up how to start the loving cars..

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
https://a.pomf.cat/skguwm.mp4 :v:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

That's awesome

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

this is art

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
PROTIP: having your exhaust pipe installed actually make a big difference in how the car runs and whether it will overheat! Who would have thought?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Someone mentioned putting away the hose on the sewage truck, how do you do that?

Ive tried right click, use button and dragging it to no avail. I just drive with it dragging behind the truck for now and it hasnt caused any problems, but with these physics you never know.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Pick up the very end of the hose, drag it over to the tray on the right side. When it says "put away hose" left click. Don't drive really fast with the hose dragging. I did that and it caught on some random polygon and sent my truck flying. I was perfectly fine of course because you can't die in that beast of a machine. God drat I love that truck. I'm still waiting on a new windscreen on my Satsuma and I'm worried I won't like driving it as much as the septic truck.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

new game #8

i made it to the store!

died on the way back

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

HATECUBE posted:

new game #8

i made it to the store!

died on the way back
Makes you wonder what a Fallout game would be like situated in Finland.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
indistinguishable from the modern day

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

So where do I empty all this shite from my truck?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Falken posted:

Anywhere, I usually do it on some villager.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Cojawfee posted:

Pick up the very end of the hose, drag it over to the tray on the right side. When it says "put away hose" left click. Don't drive really fast with the hose dragging. I did that and it caught on some random polygon and sent my truck flying. I was perfectly fine of course because you can't die in that beast of a machine. God drat I love that truck. I'm still waiting on a new windscreen on my Satsuma and I'm worried I won't like driving it as much as the septic truck.

The only problems with the truck is that it eats a lot of gas and is real expensive to fill up. And it has a weird tendency to slide if you park it on any non-road with the slightest incline. I've gone back to using the van when I'm shopping or whatever. Like you I'm waiting on my car to get out of the shop. I also have homeboy's muscle car but that thing really likes to spin out.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Falken posted:

The gas station entrance

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I just fell in a septic tank :saddowns:

e: It decided to put permadeath back on for some reason too, hooray... :(

Falken fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 28, 2016

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Had my diesel can clip through the ground at the gas station. Is there anywhere else on the map to get one or am I stuck driving the tractor to the store every time I need to fill it up?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Quite A Tool posted:

Had my diesel can clip through the ground at the gas station. Is there anywhere else on the map to get one or am I stuck driving the tractor to the store every time I need to fill it up?

I read on the Steam forums that items that clip out of the world reappear at the airfield. I have no idea where the airfield might be or if it even actually exists.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

I read on the Steam forums that items that clip out of the world reappear at the airfield. I have no idea where the airfield might be or if it even actually exists.

You drive by it every time you go to the store. Its the long straight paved strip south of the rally track. I think its used for drag racing.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The drag strip. Check your map.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Okay, maybe check there for the missing diesel can. I haven't really noticed that spot before since I usually just circle right close to the lake to go to the store.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

The only problems with the truck is that it eats a lot of gas and is real expensive to fill up. And it has a weird tendency to slide if you park it on any non-road with the slightest incline. I've gone back to using the van when I'm shopping or whatever. Like you I'm waiting on my car to get out of the shop. I also have homeboy's muscle car but that thing really likes to spin out.

The problem with the van is it's a deathtrap.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

You get 1200 for every septic job. Thats enough to fill the truck up twice I think. Plus you can do about 3 septic jobs a day if you wait for the calls to come in.

The sliding thing has got me stuck a time or two. You can use the hose and drag it under the wheels to move the truck around if you get stuck.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 29, 2016

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Awesome update today!

quote:

-Possible fix for phantom hit-and-run death 
-Towing rope cannot be attached to same car 
-Dead player spawns now back at home 
-Added 'Mortal' text to player HUD to indicate whether permadeath is ON (to debug if there is issue in the main menu selection) 
-Removed underlying save encryption to possibly help save/load issues (I suggest to backup saves just in case) 
-Added running, default button is 'Left Shift' 
-Truck crap hose will detach itself if too much force is applied, should help truck NOT to launch into stratosphere 
-Changed Repair Shop order duration to time instead of date to avoid bug that caused way too long delivery times 
-Fixed issue with front wheel brake nuts not saving their state correctly 
-Fixed issue with clutch assembly where 'clutch cover plate' became stuck on to 'flywheel' 
-Fixed spark plug assembly issue, check your spark plugs just in case 
-Made truck stop moving when player moves in the cockpit 
-Dart gets now removed from the map after job is done 
-Another fix for pouring fluids, should work correctly now 
-Increased efficiency of mosquito spray

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Harminoff posted:

Awesome update today!

Wow 2 updates this week! I love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Finally got everything going together properly, and one of my spark plugs decided it would rather be glued to the driveway instead of screwed into the head. great.

• Locked thread