Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
End credits spoilers below:

Apparently when the helmet is flashing, its spelling out binary, which converts to "Jack?". BT LIVES ON BROTHERS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

squidgee posted:

New thread title.

Titan.Fall.2.Double.Robot.Titty.Drop.

.gif

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Mordja posted:

gently caress it, I think I'm in. Now that the game is out, is GMG getting keys to people properly? They still do vouchers on checkout?
Yea keys are available- they moved from vouchers to being able to see the discounted price when logged in.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

A game where I don't have to pony up for maps makes me almost suspect that the game is bad

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

But the game owns.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

hosed up if true

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I don't really care about multiplayer, but I like big stompy robits. Is the SP good?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skippy McPants posted:

I don't really care about multiplayer, but I like big stompy robits. Is the SP good?

yes but its like 4 hours long

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Skippy McPants posted:

SP is supposed to be real good, but also real short, 5-7 hours.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Holy poo poo, a recently released game that doesn't have a 10GB+ day one patch before it doesn't run like poo poo. Or run at all. :monocle:

I'm honestly rooting for Respawn at this point. I'll admit I won't be too surprised if they end up charging for DLC, but I'd probably still buy it.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Crash Site gave us awful spawn points, backed into a corner and surrounded by Titans who could snipe you.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
So this is a bit off topic but i couldn't find an Origin thread on the game board. I'm definitely wanting to get Titan Fall 2, it looks pretty sweet and some of my friends are getting it. But I've never used Origins because of the whole rootkit and spying from way back. Is Origin still scanning your computer? Is there a way around that?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Investors are currently betting against Titanfall 2 right now, so here's hoping the high critic marks turn the tables on this poo poo.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/28/electronic-arts-downgraded-by-cowen-on-substantially-disappointing-titanfall-2-sales.html

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

A game where I don't have to pony up for maps makes me almost suspect that the game is bad

yeah, like overwatch

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Pre-ordered a digital copy on xbox, didn't seem to unlock the Scorch pre-order bonuses. This happen to anybody else?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Carecat posted:

Crash Site gave us awful spawn points, backed into a corner and surrounded by Titans who could snipe you.

lmao yeah, there's a side path but it's not the obvious exit and if you don't take it you get loving murdered by the dudes on the high ground.

We got low ground every time we played on that map, I have no idea what they were thinking

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Is there something up w servers rn or is it me? Haven't been able to connect to even enter multiplayer on PC.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Quornes posted:

So this is a bit off topic but i couldn't find an Origin thread on the game board. I'm definitely wanting to get Titan Fall 2, it looks pretty sweet and some of my friends are getting it. But I've never used Origins because of the whole rootkit and spying from way back. Is Origin still scanning your computer? Is there a way around that?

Origin doesn't do anything like that. Where did you hear that nonsense? The most invasive thing it ever did was scan your installed programs looking for EA games but it hasn't done that since 2013.

black.lion posted:

Is there something up w servers rn or is it me? Haven't been able to connect to even enter multiplayer on PC.

Disable all your unused network adapters. Known issue.

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 28, 2016

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Origin doesn't do anything like that. Where did you hear that nonsense? The most invasive thing it ever did was scan your installed programs looking for EA games but it hasn't done that since 2013.

Basically I heard the bit about scanning for EA games way back, like when it first came out. If it doesn't do it anymore than thats great.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

e:

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Disable all your unused network adapters. Known issue.

Okay it's still not working, and I tried a reboot :saddowns:

black.lion fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 28, 2016

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

MinibarMatchman posted:

Investors are currently betting against Titanfall 2 right now, so here's hoping the high critic marks turn the tables on this poo poo.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/28/electronic-arts-downgraded-by-cowen-on-substantially-disappointing-titanfall-2-sales.html

I hope EA doesn't blame this on Respawn, releasing Titanfall 2 right between Battlefield 1 and Infinite Warfare was pretty dumb

omgwtfmate
Sep 8, 2016
How is the multiplayer? I'm specifically curious about the maps, I was turned off by during by the beta because the maps were way too open and you couldn't do the ridiculously fun parkouring of Titanfall 1.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

omgwtfmate posted:

How is the multiplayer? I'm specifically curious about the maps, I was turned off by during by the beta because the maps were way too open and you couldn't do the ridiculously fun parkouring of Titanfall 1.

There's pretty much only one really open map. It's alright up until the point where the enemy has titans and you don't and it just turns into a camp fest. All the other maps I've found to be really loving good for doing awesome parkour poo poo. The slide really brings it all together amazingly.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

omgwtfmate posted:

All of the maps are really good with tons of parkour routes IMO. Honestly they feel and play great.

Also yeah this game's release date is mind boggling but hopefully its good enough to survive.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

The maps feel a lot smaller to me though.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

omgwtfmate posted:

Some maps are better than others but I've been having a blast just practicing routes for CTF. The trick is using the slide to get an initial speed boost then doing short wall runs, slide/bhop, then double jump. There's a short cooldown on the slide speed boost so you use the double jump to keep yourself in the air until it's ready again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olu7ra1Ada0&hd=1

Just practice it a bit and you'll get the hang of the timing. It's honestly easier than the old bhop timing since you don't lose all your speed if you are too slow on the space bar.

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 28, 2016

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Is anyone else getting consistent crashing? I've had three crashes in three matches, usually as soon as my titan blows up.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

omgwtfmate posted:

Game is good, you should get game.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

OctaMurk posted:

I hope EA doesn't blame this on Respawn, releasing Titanfall 2 right between Battlefield 1 and Infinite Warfare was pretty dumb

And with no trial or access discount too

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I like how I can just flail around with the grappling hook + auto shotgun and have a good time with cool moments

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

squidgee posted:

Is there a goon network for the Xbox One yet?

I made a BOYS clan, search for the name Boy Team Super Xtreme, or just look up my GT: Wazzit

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

The titties are falling onto my computer.

ETA: 5 hours until I can hopefully shootmans in the future.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
So far the multiplayer seems like a step back from the first game in every way, which sucks, because I loved TF1 enough to get gen 10 :( It's slower, clunkier, and the audio work doesn't seem nearly as good.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I'm not sure I'm totally sold on the new uncustomizable titan loadouts or the maps yet.

I feel like they realized a lot of people just used a particular setup with each chasis, so they went "okay, lets remove customizability all together!". Giving everyone electric smoke, however, is a very nice change.

The maps don't feel...I dunno...epic? Every map in TF1 felt like a battlefield, with constant swarms of grunts dropping in and the such. The new maps, combined with the changes to Attrition, make them feel really small. Also, depending on where the battle is happening, there'll be parts of the map that are just EMPTY. That never happened in Titanfall 1.

What's the deal with sponsers? Is it just picking who yells at you over voice coms? It's nice to have Blisk back (I'm switching to that faction as soon as I can) but I miss Bish and Spyglass. :(

Trisk
Feb 12, 2005

General Battuta posted:

So far the multiplayer seems like a step back from the first game in every way, which sucks, because I loved TF1 enough to get gen 10 :( It's slower, clunkier, and the audio work doesn't seem nearly as good.

It's slower? My initial two hours last night makes me think it's way faster? When you pop stim it's like a rocket ship.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

widespread posted:

The titties are falling onto my computer.

ETA: 5 hours until I can hopefully shootmans in the future.

choose girltitan for
titty drop, smooth flying curves,
missiles up yer bum

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Trisk posted:

It's slower? My initial two hours last night makes me think it's way faster? When you pop stim it's like a rocket ship.

It feels slower until you get the hang of the new wall running/sliding mechanic, so a lot of new people will probably feel that way. I know I did until I learned how to stim slide

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I got this on GMG. Then I realized I probably should have got the game on console because it may have a better chance of keeping a bigger community.

Welp, I already have a key so I can't do a refund. Aw well.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unlucky7 posted:

I got this on GMG. Then I realized I probably should have got the game on console because it may have a better chance of keeping a bigger community.

Welp, I already have a key so I can't do a refund. Aw well.

I wish I got it on console because im terrible at it and im sure theres easy pickings on PS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This is the first shooter I've played since Vanquish where the mechanics are so good it makes me giddy.