Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Speaking of elections:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDW1UWkgk4Y

The RNC was under a court under since the 1980s not to gently caress around with the polls after they tried enacting "poll watchers" to intimidate Democrat voters in the 1981 New Jersey governor's race. And now Trump is putting them in violation of that court order and further screwing over his party by telling all his supporters to go and rig the polls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I can't really condone this. Mostly because there is nothing funnier than the day after an election when all of these signs are completely gone. While Trump rightfully inspires a lot of hate, it's something else when you go to work early in the morning and see these redfaced assholes fuming with defeat slink out to grab the sign and take them inside. I remember it fondly in 2012 when some guy with a big Romney sign (that was put out after the first debate) had to schlep that back in with all the grace of a man defeated on some deep, basic level. And I've seen Trump supporters with much, much bigger signs.

So don't let your hate get to you. You want revenge? Grab your phone and go outside and wait to see how many signs are still out right after midnight. That's when you can hear the swearing of the impotent loser as they try to salvage their dignity by pretending the sign was never there at all. It's beautiful to behold.

I live in the comparably liberal part of North Dakota, and the only houses putting up trump signs are the ones that look like they should have been condemned years ago. There's a shack south of I-94 that's so run-down it looks like a rhombus with the roof only attached to two of the walls, and it's currently got "TRUMP" written on it in black impact font like something out of They Live.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

This is legitimately hilarious

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
If there's some schadenfreude silver lining to the Y'all Qaeda guys being found not guilty, it's this guy who already pleaded guilty and had to eat a felony and prison term, and will never be allowed to own guns again.
He's definitely the biggest idiot of the bunch, so it's double funny
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/08/oregon_standoff_defendant_jon_1.html

quote:

Before the Burns standoff, Ritzheimer was most widely known for anti-Islam protests he organized last year in Phoenix. They drew hundreds of people and caught the attention of the FBI. He also sold anti-Islam T-shirts through his apparel company, Rogue Infidel. The website now asks for donations to help Ritzheimer and his family.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

Assuming Trump does lose(please God), its going to be some grade-A prime schadenfreude when we get to see all of that footage from his headquarters event where all the supporters are there crying their eyes out. It was great with Romney but it'll be ten times better this time.

Oh, it wasn't crying at first. It was dull-faced shock, like their entire world had been pulled out from under them. On top of the whole 'unskewing' thing, it was just brilliant to see such sad superiority just collapse upon itself. Then you have Karl Rove looking like his world had just ended with 'TURN THE MACHINES BACK ON' and 'OHIO HASN'T FALLEN, OHIO HASN'T FALLEN' and then the coup de grace of everybody waiting on Romney to throw together some speech, cancel the cards of his staff so they couldn't get home, and the firework boat that nobody knew about that was going to go off when Romney had 'won.' There was nothing not funny about Mitt Romney's downfall in the slightest, especially since the GOP had made it a priority for years only to get hosed by their own media at the very end when Mitt was going to lose.

With Trump losing, I'm torn between people rioting or just screaming at Trump before walking out and refusing to admit they voted for him.

Kurieg posted:

I live in the comparably liberal part of North Dakota, and the only houses putting up trump signs are the ones that look like they should have been condemned years ago. There's a shack south of I-94 that's so run-down it looks like a rhombus with the roof only attached to two of the walls, and it's currently got "TRUMP" written on it in black impact font like something out of They Live.

The only people I see with TRUMP signs are people out in the middle of nowhere. It's mostly lovely houses built on too much land and the signs are either small and bought or large and handmade. All of them will vanish the day after if not a few minutes after it's called. It's going to be quite amazing.

canyoneer posted:

If there's some schadenfreude silver lining to the Y'all Qaeda guys being found not guilty, it's this guy who already pleaded guilty and had to eat a felony and prison term, and will never be allowed to own guns again.
He's definitely the biggest idiot of the bunch, so it's double funny
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/08/oregon_standoff_defendant_jon_1.html

No, the real schadenfreude is when one of those hicks puts two and two together and starts wondering if the Bundys are really government moles. Think about it: they're able to go on government land, they always seem to dodge justice....

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
That one would probably have been an accurate description of a McClellan presidency.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
The Schadenfreude is going to happen when Trump tries to make a concession speech.

Or on us if he wins. I wonder if either of them have put much thought to a concession? Hillary becasue the polls are so far in her favor, and Trump because why would he do something like prepare for anything?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Almost every major news outlet has backed Hillary and all polls show her leading by a healthy margin. Surely there's no relationship there.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

I can't really condone this. Mostly because there is nothing funnier than the day after an election when all of these signs are completely gone. While Trump rightfully inspires a lot of hate, it's something else when you go to work early in the morning and see these redfaced assholes fuming with defeat slink out to grab the sign and take them inside. I remember it fondly in 2012 when some guy with a big Romney sign (that was put out after the first debate) had to schlep that back in with all the grace of a man defeated on some deep, basic level. And I've seen Trump supporters with much, much bigger signs.

So don't let your hate get to you. You want revenge? Grab your phone and go outside and wait to see how many signs are still out right after midnight. That's when you can hear the swearing of the impotent loser as they try to salvage their dignity by pretending the sign was never there at all. It's beautiful to behold.

I live in the vt/nh border area.. people still have bernie signs up around here.

Hell, i see cars with fuckin' obama/biden stickers below bernie. Below a hillary sticker. there obama Sticker often shows signs of a few rip-off attempts.

frodnonnag has a new favorite as of 17:32 on Oct 28, 2016

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Random Stranger posted:

The nitty-gritty details are often interesting, but not really things they have time to cover in schools until you get to a specialized college course. There's too much ground to cover to not just hit the broad strokes and keep moving.

Not really. There's interesting stuff to cover, it's just that grade school history (like a lot of other things) is just taught badly because there'd be an awful lot of parents upset over kids being taught actual history (e.g. that American politics has pretty much always been racist, from the early 17th century on) instead of the comfortable lies that bore students to tears.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

Kurieg posted:

I really want to see this. There's no way someone actually lives there, right?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The 94 shack? Definitely not. It looks like someone's farm storage shack that they aren't bothering to repair, but they've been using it to stump for the Republican presidential candidate for the past thirteen years as it's impossible to miss. It's maybe fifteen yards away from the eastbound lane.

Unfortunately that also makes it difficult to get a picture.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Outrail posted:

Or on us if he wins. I wonder if either of them have put much thought to a concession? Hillary becasue the polls are so far in her favor

Hillary prepares for everything.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Subjunctive posted:

Hillary prepares for everything.

I'll bet she wasn't prepared for Trump being nominated. Oh, all that hard work and up against a joke candidate.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Two Feet From Bread posted:

I know you all are freaking out, and I hate the Dildo Squad as much as the next guy, but maybe we should wait until we declare or entire justice system a failure. I mean, Italy still uses theirs and they overturned a a rape conviction because the girls pants were too tight.

Someone got a link to that?

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

The only people I see with TRUMP signs are people out in the middle of nowhere. It's mostly lovely houses built on too much land and the signs are either small and bought or large and handmade. All of them will vanish the day after if not a few minutes after it's called. It's going to be quite amazing.

Not so here in Georgia. In Atlanta proper I rarely see Trump anything, but my dad lives out maybe 45 minutes north of town, and there are some of the larger, nicer houses up there sporting nearly billboard-sized Trump signs. I was heartened to see that one of the big ones disappeared after all the "grab em by the pussy" stuff came out. So I guess even complete morons have SOME limits.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Italy is terribly corrupt, if you want a good european comparison with the us head further north.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

oldpainless posted:

Almost every major news outlet has backed Hillary and all polls show her leading by a healthy margin. Surely there's no relationship there.
Well, the pair of facts are explicable either by a conspiracy amongst the news media, or by Hillary being a relatively sane candidate competing against a crazy one.

Only time will tell which of the explanations is the accurate one.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Someone got a link to that?

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/02/16/world/ruling-on-tight-jeans-and-rape-sets-off-anger-in-italy.html

It took you longer to post your question than it would have taken to google italy rape conviction pants too tight.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I don't think anyone wants to share your google history there, buddy.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Jeans have ways to try to shut that whole thing down.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Two Feet From Bread posted:

That's even worse. At least the owner can just unbend the signs.

Free speech is free speech. Period. Anyone who tries to stifle it based on race is racist. Anyone who tries to marginalized the victim based off the victim's race is equally as racist. There is no sliding scale. There is no 'your race had it good last decade so now it is mines turn.' Just be civil people to each other. gently caress.

The weapons charge is 10 years per violation and is treated like underage sex, where the violation doesn't need intent and you can be conned into doing it. A violation is once per day (so if you enter the building at 23:59, once that minute hits you get a 2nd violation) or every time you enter a government building. So, leaving one building to go poop in the outhouse and then returning to the 1st building is 3 violations. So 30 years in federal jail just to take a poop.

You all probably won't believe me, but most gun owners are scared as poo poo of breaking the law while in possession of a firearm because of how the law reads with firearms. I won't even speed when I have a firearm.

I'm a postal worker and I love to steal signs and guns from innocent republicans

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic bird. This will be that bird. Better than he was before. Better...stronger...faster.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37795008

Further:
"The officer whose car had been hit approached Ms Rader to find she had an "unclasped brassiere" and was trying to put on her blouse, police said."
"She was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated and released from jail on Thursday morning on a $2,000 (£1,600) bail bond, police said."

Way to go, kid!

(the final Schadendreude is that I get to call her "kid" now)

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/29/us/politics/fbi-hillary-clinton-email.html?_r=0

The FBI is reopening the investigation of Clinton's email server based on emails discovered on Anthony Weiner's phone.

quote:

The F.B.I. is investigating illicit text messages that Mr. Weiner sent to a 15-year-old girl in North Carolina. The bureau told Congress on Friday that it had uncovered new emails related to the Clinton case — one federal official said they numbered in the thousands — potentially reigniting an issue that has weighed on the presidential campaign and offering a lifeline to Donald J. Trump less than two weeks before the election.

In a letter to Congress, the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, said that emails had surfaced in an unrelated case, and that they “appear to be pertinent to the investigation.”

Weiner is just a walking disaster.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

PhotoKirk posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/29/us/politics/fbi-hillary-clinton-email.html?_r=0

The FBI is reopening the investigation of Clinton's email server based on emails discovered on Anthony Weiner's phone.

I guess the Schaden is on people looking for an excuse to harp about Hillary's emails because none of the emails *this* is about were withheld by Hillary or even on the private server people are upset about.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

Kammat posted:

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic bird. This will be that bird. Better than he was before. Better...stronger...faster.

Ooh, yeah, uh. About that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EYXdEsW6xw&t=114s

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

PhotoKirk posted:

It was 3 emails, none of which were sent by Clinton so this is all on Wiener.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
I've had at least 4 people post about this on facebook saying "YES FINALLY HILLARY WILL GET WHAT'S COMING TO HER!" like they are 100% sure that THIS is finally the time that the FBI will read that one email from her saying "LOL Tell my buddies in ISIS, you know, the ones that I sold those weapons to, to kill those chumps in Benghazi because Stevens didn't pay enough to my bank account, er, I mean to the Clinton Foundation, which he well knows is pay-to-play, and also hail satan!" that they just missed the first time around.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I am deeply glad that, apparently seconds after this came out and people started going "EMAIIIIIILSSSSS" it turns out to just be Weiner scandal not Hillary's.

I believe the guy who tried to implicate it as Hillary's (chafetz I think his name is?) should hopefully get egg on his face for this at least.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

PhotoKirk posted:

More excuses to go after the Benghazi garbage...meanwhile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofXKLWW3SyI

Hypocrisy is wonderful

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The "reopening" is just a technicality that the FBI is required to inform Congress of. This is the actual letter from the FBI director about it. There's just some emails from the Clinton case that are pertinent to Wiener sexting an underage high school student, so they're "reopening" the case in the sense that they're officially pulling out some of the evidence they've already looked at to see if it can help in a totally unrelated thing.

The schadenfreude is on Wiener, as well as all the right-wing people screeching again about how Hillary is so totally gonna get locked up this time and then have to realize that it's a wet fart.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Hah, his name is like weiner. Schaden on him as a child growing up.

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Scruff McGruff posted:

I've had at least 4 people post about this on facebook saying "YES FINALLY HILLARY WILL GET WHAT'S COMING TO HER!" like they are 100% sure that THIS is finally the time that the FBI will read that one email from her saying "LOL Tell my buddies in ISIS, you know, the ones that I sold those weapons to, to kill those chumps in Benghazi because Stevens didn't pay enough to my bank account, er, I mean to the Clinton Foundation, which he well knows is pay-to-play, and also hail satan!" that they just missed the first time around.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Strudel Man posted:

Well, the pair of facts are explicable either by a conspiracy amongst the news media, or by Hillary being a relatively sane candidate competing against a crazy one.

Only time will tell which of the explanations is the accurate one.

Maybe Hillary is actually quite good?

No, it must be that Donald is that shite, otherwise I'd have to evaluate her on her merits and despite having months to do so I haven't but despite this I'm convinced she'd come up wanting.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

chitoryu12 posted:

The "reopening" is just a technicality that the FBI is required to inform Congress of. This is the actual letter from the FBI director about it. There's just some emails from the Clinton case that are pertinent to Wiener sexting an underage high school student, so they're "reopening" the case in the sense that they're officially pulling out some of the evidence they've already looked at to see if it can help in a totally unrelated thing.

The schadenfreude is on Wiener, as well as all the right-wing people screeching again about how Hillary is so totally gonna get locked up this time and then have to realize that it's a wet fart.

This loving guy is the gift that keeps on giving.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The FBI didn't know that Shill-ary had buried a bucket of emails out back of Bill's Fuckshack

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Somfin posted:

Maybe Hillary is actually quite good?
Let's not go crazy here.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Doesn't seem the cleverest of career moves to fire up an investigation of your very-soon-to-be-new boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
I'm pretty sure FBI director has a ten year term to avoid the whole Hoover thing or being fired due to unpopular political investigations.

Evil SpongeBob has a new favorite as of 00:16 on Oct 29, 2016