Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Got to the first bell last night, gargoyles still majorly gently caress me up. I miss dodging diagonally. I hate that the halberd has a whiff animation. I love that the halberd is god tier. Im ready for tonight where I get majorly hosed up by the capra demon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

In Training posted:

Has anybody gotten any "honor" from the matchmaking system? I played a handful of 1 on 1s but it still just had dashes. Is there a ranking system in place? That's pretty cool

Yeah. It took about 20 wins. I heard it's not ranking but number of kills.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

this double crow fight in the church or whatever is gonna make me break something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

this double crow fight in the church or whatever is gonna make me break something

I love those guys but yeah they're assholes

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i guess i sorta cheesed that. i lured the unarmored one out, killed it, and then dealt with the dude in the church. fighting both at once seems very hard.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
did you get anything? because i didnt do that fight

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I skipped them because I kept dying lol. I got to the giant reindeer helmet dudes last night and those guys are tough

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

did you get anything? because i didnt do that fight

there's a new spell in the church

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
you get a so-so faith miracle, and the satisfaction of beating a fun fight

Dec 26, 2012

Control Volume posted:

Im ready for tonight where I get majorly hosed up by the capra demon

idk how anyone who's done it once has any problem with it past that point

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The dude with the quake hammer is loving scary as hell.

Like :yikes:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

The dude with the quake hammer is loving scary as hell.

Like :yikes:

- my opponents in 3v3

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the giant vikings are good enemies. esp later in the DLC.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think it's really good overall, but i do wish that the loot was a little better. lots of times i followed a twisting path, or found a secret spot, and it was a goddamn soul of a crestfallen knight.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wish the spells were better but the weapons all are good.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

i think it's really good overall, but i do wish that the loot was a little better. lots of times i followed a twisting path, or found a secret spot, and it was a goddamn soul of a crestfallen knight.

I've definitely noticed this too but it doesn't bother me too much

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Gundyrs halberd is fuckin siiiiiiiiiiick. I feel like I have the transformed hunters axe

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

easy to separate, not as bad as breaking some ice and getting locked in the pain zone with 3 vikings who all aggro at once

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

I skipped them because I kept dying lol. I got to the giant reindeer helmet dudes last night and those guys are tough

I ended up finally beating them by just going all in as aggressively as I can on the first one until I killed him without dying first

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The giant wolves wreck me

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I've lost about 100000 souls in the few hours I've been playing the dlc so far, I haven't had good masochism like this in a long while

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

easy to separate, not as bad as breaking some ice and getting locked in the pain zone with 3 vikings who all aggro at once

the one with the shield actually doesn't aggro immediately there

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Andres lines when you deliver the giants coal gives me deep powerful feels every time 😔

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I've lost about 100000 souls in the few hours I've been playing the dlc so far, I haven't had good masochism like this in a long while

I got some of that sweet sweet souls adrenaline when I beat one of the bosses and it was like coming home

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

Andres lines when you deliver the giants coal gives me deep powerful feels every time 😔

the profaned coal fucks me up..i could never do the dark ending

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

wheres the new arena? lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

wheres the new arena? lol

look for the place where Priscilla used to be, and head towards it. it's in the giant frozen lake area. kill the boss there and it will unlock arena mode.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

look for the place where Priscilla used to be, and head towards it. it's in the giant frozen lake area. kill the boss there and it will unlock arena mode.

i killed the bonus boss, the dude with the big wolf. i poked around there and didn't see anything though? maybe i missed something.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i killed the bonus boss, the dude with the big wolf. i poked around there and didn't see anything though? maybe i missed something.

It's a key on your inventory

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

iwas in Carthus and a bunch of skeletons showed up out of nowhere and I died

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bobnumerotres posted:

Go back to firelink and burn the item you got

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
im trying to start the DLC but the dude by the cleansing chapel fire is straight up not showing up for me. everythings updated and i tried restarting everything as well. wtf

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did you actually kill the Deacons.

Anyway I tried the DLC out on my level 41 guy. Didn't go so hot... My only other character that's out of the first few zones is in NG+ and has a really boring build anyway. So im spamming invasions in Farron to get souls to get a little more hp

Its fun

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
yeah i did. renewing game licenses seemed to work. weird!

Soral
May 30, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

yeah i did. renewing game licenses seemed to work. weird!

strap in for an excellent experience my friend

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've gotten really good at fighting Big Sword Guys in the first part, and the wolves also, but now i've discovered that the Fire Trees are extremely strong against my big scythe. Bummer

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
great bosses :-) probably some of the best yet

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't get past the big manikin guy but that's OK. I'm really tired and tomorrow I will wake up refreshed.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

I can't get past the big manikin guy but that's OK. I'm really tired and tomorrow I will wake up refreshed.

hone your spoilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this dlc added the pvp arena that DS3 really needed..now here's hoping the final DLC adds the co-op arena the game needs, give me a boss rush From!!!

• Locked thread