Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Nietzschean posted:

lovely posting

gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Methanar posted:

Yes I agree.

Nah I think specifically good 2 man combos will make people who are otherwise x level players function a couple divisions above their actual skill up until a point where opponents are actively better at either disrupting or playing around the combos. If you are communicating with one other teammate there are 2+ man strategies in teamfights/dives/etc that are particularly potent that most players at gold and below elo's aren't good at playing around, even if they have better fundamentals than you. If you just wanna play w/e then you have to be better than your opponents to consistently win, if you wanna beat people who are on par with you then combos are the easiest way to do it.

Literally the first season I played the game I placed gold 3 after ~500 norms because i played with a friend and we just did stuff like voli/morg or amumu/zyra. At the time i was probably more like a high silver player if even that.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i didnt know you could place in gold your first time

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

i didnt know you could place in gold your first time

We went 9/1 first account each and placed gold 3. It was mostly voli/morg and mumu/zyra, I think we both had around 500ish games in norms at the time, he started playing a bit before me but didn't really get into it until he got me to play with him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This is all fine advice for anyone not trying to climb the last two weeks of Ranked.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

This is all fine advice for anyone not trying to climb the last two weeks of Ranked.

Find a buddy and go!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ArbitraryC posted:

Find a buddy and go!
Meth is in high diamond and we're still 10-5 in loving silver.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
you should be happy that he's carried your heavy rear end to 10 wins

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

stump collector posted:

you should be happy that he's carried your heavy rear end to 10 wins
My KDA is actually higher than his in most of our games (^:

But almost every game has at least 1 elo booster and almost every game has someone who got boosted from Bronze and they're either playing ADC or Shaco jungle and ready to throw your game. I've played with four different goons and they all think I'm cursed.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
they're right

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

elo hell isnt real

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
link your loving replay dot gee gee motherfucker i'll actually watch your replay and laugh at you as you do the dumbs as opposed to saying I will and then not doing anything like i did with sexpansion or whoever

btw whoever that was link your replay dot gee gee again and i'll actually look at them this time

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Friends don't let friends play teamcomps like these:

Game got pretty easy once I had ~300 armor.

Luna Was Here posted:

link your loving replay dot gee gee motherfucker i'll actually watch your replay and laugh at you as you do the dumbs as opposed to saying I will and then not doing anything like i did with sexpansion or whoever

btw whoever that was link your replay dot gee gee again and i'll actually look at them this time

I linked my replay.gg page like twenty posts later or something!

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 29, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah but link it again

Also to anyone in this thread or the pro thread who's tried telling me qtpie doesn't make upwards of seven figures, you were right. He makes more than 2 million a year
holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

Yeah but link it again

Also to anyone in this thread or the pro thread who's tried telling me qtpie doesn't make upwards of seven figures, you were right. He makes more than 2 million a year
This is what SaintVicious claimed he was making like four years ago (It might have been even more since he bragged he made more than a doctor)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Luna Was Here posted:

Yeah but link it again

wtffffffffffff

also here it is, there are some incredibly bad games in there if you want to watch them http://www.replay.gg/search/na/wharfinger

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I'm 35-8 on Miss Fortune across 3 different accounts over the last two weeks, all three of which are now higher Elo that any accounts of mine have ever been on EUW before. There are no curses, there is no Elo hell, there is only layers of bad players. Stop being a pussybitch, play Miss Fortune and hard carry.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
this video is currently playing on TNT New Classics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLUSFgKsKUY

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Luna Was Here posted:

Yeah but link it again

quote:

“Maybe everything will crash and burn, but I just enjoy playing video games. So even if my stream dies, at least I can still play games.”

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

*crops the bottom part midway through so it looks like it's arbitrary even tho that's really when the streak started*

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it ok to timg?

I found a broken scoreboard that's not Aatrox.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Repair your client, bro

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

This is fuckin legit and y'all should watch/listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blc1jHrB3HM

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm retarded and I can't poke as Janna.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tired Moritz posted:

You don't really need to and in higher elos you really shouldn't

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

The way you poke as Janna is by laning with someone who has a good early game poke and shielding them every time they go in to harass someone.

Janna + Cait/Ashe/MF is cancerous to fight against

The problem occurs when you get a passive as gently caress adc who just wants to farm all day and then you get to be a reactive shield-bot, which is both boring and infuriating

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Mystery Prize posted:

The problem occurs when you get a passive as gently caress adc who just wants to farm all day and then you get to be a reactive shield-bot, which is both boring and infuriating

That's when you shield yourself and auto them.

In fact it's usually better for you to do that anyways.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So I like Ivern a lot, but there's got to be a reason I'm missing that no-one else plays him?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Orv posted:

So I like Ivern a lot, but there's got to be a reason I'm missing that no-one else plays him?

1. Difficult to land his one hard CC, projectile is really slow
2. Shield isn't that good / strong or interesting
3. Bushes aren't actually that useful and aren't useful in crazy clusterfuck teamfights
4. Ult has dumb AI and is easily kited, hard to hit the knockup on people (I've never seen one)
5. Champion doesn't appeal to weebs
6. Really low release winrate made him radioactive / troll pick
7. Melee
8. No damage

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hm, I don't necessarily agree with all of that but that's probably because I'm building him weirdly or something.

Speaking of people with somewhere below hell win rates, how'd Taliyah turn out? I mostly mid assassins and I want to get a couple mages under my belt. Aurelion Sol seems cool but also kind of an enormous chore to play, and Taliyah was another one I kept looking at but never ended up grabbing.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I need a good build for Support Zyra. Yes, solo queue.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Eye of the watcher rabadins laundry's rylies zhondas and then throw your boots of choice into there somewhere

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
All that except the sightstone because you're trying to carry not be carried :getin:

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

RealFoxy posted:

Didn't you make it to Silver 5? That's prob as far as you're going to get right now because my KDA with Meth has been outstanding too and we're still struggling against other smurfs and other obviously bronze-boosted baddies. It's not like he's dragging my rear end through Silver 2, even with him some of these games are a headache.

It is very grimly amusing to hear two people who are actually part of the problem explaining why Silver is bad right now.

"Oh hey, I'm a fuckhead playing way below my actual level ruining games for people who actual belong in this level, what's up with all the other people smurfing or being boosted."

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I mean fwiw I'm an actual gold level player and I haven't noticed any sort of skill decrease or increase in my opponents except for maybe a shaco I got on the enemy team yesterday that just wiped the floor with my team I haven't seen a huge skill increase or decrease and I didn't notice it last year when I did a ranked push from s3 to g2 at the end of the season. You still have yet to nut up or shut up and post your replay dot gee gee so until then you're just a boosted animal whining about how long your boost is taking

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

My win rate over the last 2 weeks with Kayle has been 76%. I'm currently silver 3. It's really not that bad foxy.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

This is fuckin legit and y'all should watch/listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blc1jHrB3HM

I got instantly triggered by hearing the old champ select music.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
op.gg says my MMR is platinum 2

has anyone here gone from gold1-plat3 on promos before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Elentor posted:

I need a good build for Support Zyra. Yes, solo queue.

Sightstone -> Frostfang -> EotW (you can fit tier 1 boots in here somewhere before EotW if you really need them) -> Sorc Shoes -> Rylai's is her core. After that point, you want Liandry's and Void Staff (with the order depending on how much MR the enemy team is building). If it's a ridiculously long game, I usually finish with either Deathcap or Zhonya's, depending on if I need the invuln or not. Start Spellthief + 3 biscuits and then pick up a Refillable Potion at some point for the rest of the game. You can start with Refillable if there's not a lot of poke in the lane (e.g. if you're up against a Leona or a Janna).

• Locked thread