Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
See also: Steam being absolutely loving terrible at customer support since they're de facto biggest kid on the block in PC gaming distribution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It figures the summer I get a super cool guy gaming PC would be the one that Steam decided to implement refunds and thus Steam sales got worse and I ended up buying games off the PSN/at an actual loving GameStop cheaper than what Steam sales were offering.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I understand that competition is important I just want it to not be Nintendo for the personal reason of hating all their gimmicks, that's all.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Even ignoring the 3D part, the 3DS is a great system.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Uhhhh it's okay. I only like it cause of the content. I'd pay an extra $10 for every one of those titles I like to be on the Vita.

RIP Vita, rip anime

KoB
May 1, 2009
IMO the system is the games. VITA is a great piece of hardware and all but its got jack poo poo, therefore its not a great console.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Samurai Sanders posted:

I understand that competition is important I just want it to not be Nintendo for the personal reason of hating all their gimmicks, that's all.

Yes those terrible gimmicks of the GBA, DS and 3DS, such as having the greatest libraries of all time

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Re-railing this. The best part of Novel Kai and Char, is after the groups do form their alliance (and ally with Kycillia to kill Gihren) Char just twists the hand of his suit and kills Kycillia by dropping her into the flaming wreckage of Gihren's car. And Kai just looks at him and just thinks "I really loving hate you Char Aznable." It's just this moment of perfect clarity for him when he just realizes... gently caress this guy. Everyone except Kai and Sayla stay in Zeon, Kai returns to being a pilot and Sayla returns to earth to swim in the ocean after Ghost Amuro.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Onmi posted:

Re-railing this. The best part of Novel Kai and Char, is after the groups do form their alliance (and ally with Kycillia to kill Gihren) Char just twists the hand of his suit and kills Kycillia by dropping her into the flaming wreckage of Gihren's car. And Kai just looks at him and just thinks "I really loving hate you Char Aznable." It's just this moment of perfect clarity for him when he just realizes... gently caress this guy. Everyone except Kai and Sayla stay in Zeon, Kai returns to being a pilot and Sayla returns to earth to swim in the ocean after Ghost Amuro.

The best part is that it's clear Char is a complete loving poo poo. The last thing you see of him is him going back into Zeon and forgetting what he saw in Lalah Sune in the first place, making it clear he was falling right back into shitlord town alongside the victorious Zeon who promptly started oppressing Earthnoids.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Have they confirmed the Switch will be region free, because if they haven't then lower expectations on playing an SRW on a Nintendo platform any time soon.

Brunom1 posted:

Same here... I only know those that appeared in SRW.

And that's a new VA for the Purus, isn't it? She sounds quite a lot like Chieko Honda.

I'm hoping she'll be there for V, to add some lines for a potential combo attack with Marida.

I read somwhere that its a new lady called Yoko Honda. They gotta do Marida/Puru stuff, they gotta!

Also re: cockpit cut ins, 2ndOG and MD have different cutins for reals for some pilots, Gespensts and the Rathgriths have Kai and co. in a seat but in a Grungust they have a Lamia/Irm style free body cut in. I doubt G Gen is gong to go to the effort of making them all different, but there should at least be different ones between the old seats and the panoramic orb stuff. Making your own dudes also confirmed, though they don't have faces? Skills based on birthday and bloodtype apparently.

What's the good place to get singapore PSN cards that isn't play-asia?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I mean I'm glad it's gone as absurdly long as it has and the addition of English translations might at least grow the potential base.

b-b-but filthy casuals :qqsay:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Anybody who says Quicken instead of Accel is no friend of mine. :argh:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

It is Hot Blood, not Valor.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I don't think that's what "hot blood" means in English outside weebland. Although if I had my way, it'd have been Fury and 直撃 would have been something more appropriate, like Target or Critical.

I actually have been wondering what slice of people playing MD have never played another SRW in English. I assume the patches used Atlus' spirits; I know I did in Z2.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Because SRW fans aren't deep in weebland anyway.

I think the patches have so far mostly used the Atlus names, but it's been forever since I looked at J or @G.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Caphi posted:

I don't think that's what "hot blood" means in English outside weebland. Although if I had my way, it'd have been Fury and 直撃 would have been something more appropriate, like Target or Critical.

I tend to go with "Pierce" for 直撃. One word, to the point.

Regarding patch stuff - J and AG try to stick with Atlus terms, though AG did accidentally use Hope twice.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

BlitzBlast posted:

Wow rude. Quicken just sounds better.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Fury is just my pet peeve. It must have gotten switched with something in editing because it's so undescriptive and so inappropriate in almost every context it appears in, even the original OG. If you look at the user list, outside of maybe Shinn, it's mostly representative of refined skill and discipline rather than overwhelming force. (Okay, Sanger, but Sanger got introduced as the Major that Kyosuke and Excellen reported to and has always been an extremely cool head at his core. His memetic yelling is more about form than rage.)

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
They use Quicken because everyone gets really excited for personal finance. They go faster so they can do some trading before the markets close.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

They use Quicken because that's the closest we'll ever get to having Rebuild 4.0 Q (Quickening) in SRW, deep down we all know the movie is never coming out.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

The GIG posted:

They use Quicken because everyone gets really excited for personal finance. They go faster so they can do some trading before the markets close.

They go faster cause their loans are dealt with and thus they don't need to do that while piloting anymore

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Senerio posted:

They go faster cause their loans are dealt with and thus they don't need to do that while piloting anymore

This would make Crowe Brust go slower.

King Gainer's Overskill: Quicken is how Gainer Sanga made it on his way to becoming a full time esports star.

Caphi fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 28, 2016

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Caphi posted:

This would make Crowe Brust go slower.

Hopefully he doesn't have quicken then.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Caphi posted:

Fury is just my pet peeve. It must have gotten switched with something in editing because it's so undescriptive and so inappropriate in almost every context it appears in, even the original OG. If you look at the user list, outside of maybe Shinn, it's mostly representative of refined skill and discipline rather than overwhelming force. (Okay, Sanger, but Sanger got introduced as the Major that Kyosuke and Excellen reported to and has always been an extremely cool head at his core. His memetic yelling is more about form than rage.)

Based on the most prominent users its definitely a bypass rather than overwhelm to me. A skilled dude knowing exactly where and when to strike to bypass all defences (except bunshin). In OG land its the Bransteins + extended family, skilled fighters like Sanger and Axel and then Akemi, who is definitely the one that's studying weak points and all that jazz out of the pair. Dispenes is another super analytic one that has it. I think Pierce is probably the most succinct option.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Quicken sounds like it should be the two actions in one turn spell, not extra move spaces.

Edit: You know what? I'm thinking of Final Fantasy's Quick spell. So make Accel 'Haste' if you really need to change it.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 28, 2016

KoB
May 1, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Thats what its going to be in every game from now on. Dont be a grognard and just say quicken.

e: who am I kidding, they'll probably change it like every game and be inconsistent.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I'm looking forward to using RunFast in the near future

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

KoB posted:

Thats what its going to be in every game from now on. Dont be a grognard and just say quicken.

e: who am I kidding, they'll probably change it like every game and be inconsistent.

With this logic we should also use Hagwane and Kurogwane.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Those Amoeba Assholes

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The GIG posted:

I'm looking forward to using RunFast in the near future
I thought his name was Slab Bulkhead, though. :confused:

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
The weirdest thing I remember for some reason from OG was that they called Ace Attacker "Ace Fighter."

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Caphi posted:

The weirdest thing I remember for some reason from OG was that they called Ace Attacker "Ace Fighter."
It was "Ace Pilot", but yeah, I chalked that one up to Atlus not wanting to confuse the BGM name with the name of the pilot skill Attacker or something along those lines.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Oh here's a probably dumb question, you have to beat EX-Hard in order to unlock Special right, you can't just play Nomral twice?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hunter Noventa posted:

Oh here's a probably dumb question, you have to beat EX-Hard in order to unlock Special right, you can't just play Nomral twice?
Yep, you have to have gone through the game on both Normal mode and EX-Hard mode in order to unlock Special mode.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I haven't played EX-hard yet and I've done several playthroughs of Special.

You can just do two normal runs, it's fine.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

GimmickMan posted:

With this logic we should also use Hagwane and Kurogwane.

What really bothers me is how much of the theme naming tends to get mangled. Guys, it's German. You can look it up.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Einst, Zwei, Dry was magical though.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

BlitzBlast posted:

Einst, Zwei, Dry was magical though.

If Einst and Dry were Arados lines, they should totally keep it :allears:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
They are Arado's lines and he's a huge lovable idiot.

And yeah, just two completions is fine for Special, you never have to touch EX Hard if you don't want to. I expect Beginner to count at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It looks like SRW V is going to give Great Mazinger the Mazinkaiser treatment.

• Locked thread