Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

This is me come March 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
http://www.cracked.com/blog/its-finally-obvious-nintendo-doesnE28099t-understand-humans/

gotta love the "hey Goompa, I'm just rappin witcha" writing style of cracked

Also, cracked writer, the GCN controller was manna from heaven, not just "fine" you dumbass.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

theres a whole gbs thread full of opinions worse than that

people sincerely suggesting nintendo should stop making hardware and focus on adapting their ip for f2p mobile AIDS, it's hosed up

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

P-Mack posted:

theres a whole gbs thread full of opinions worse than that

people sincerely suggesting nintendo should stop making hardware and focus on adapting their ip for f2p mobile AIDS, it's hosed up

this is the entire internet

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/its-finally-obvious-nintendo-doesnE28099t-understand-humans/

gotta love the "hey Goompa, I'm just rappin witcha" writing style of cracked

Also, cracked writer, the GCN controller was manna from heaven, not just "fine" you dumbass.

By John Cheese

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

this is retarded

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

P-Mack posted:

theres a whole gbs thread full of opinions

you could have stopped here

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cracked is gay as hell

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

10 lists you won't believe we relisted.

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

This

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

call cracked dot com cucked dot com to own cracked dot com, but you might have to specify that cucked dot com is not your person blog to forestall counter owns

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Jedi Knight Luigi getting Cracked in half.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Knuc U Kinte posted:

By John Cheese

i'm John Cheese, and i have some drat thoughts about nintendo.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Bobnumerotres posted:

is the 3ds make good? i tried emulating the wii version and kept running into issues lol and i've always wanted to play it, some ppl have even hailed it as one of the best jrpgs ever

Xenoblade Chronicles is definitely worth jumping through hoops for, I'm not a huge jrpg fan but I loved it. I played on wii not 3ds so I don't know how good the port is.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I didn't like Xenoblade. I did not think it respected my time

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

This is true if you don't skip most of the "kill/collect" side quests. Everyone says you can and should skip most of them. I'm not because my gaming ocd compels me to check off all the things, I don't mind because it's fun for me but if you set off to do this I agree it is very slow going.

The biggest egregious thing is if you kill a tyrant before getting the sidequest it isn't autocompleted. And they re spawn at "random". Which is kind of annoying, in practice it means you go right to where they spawn, save, and then reload until they appear.

I do like how if you pick up an item before having a quest you get a future vision telling you to keep the item for an eventual quest. That's a good gameplay feature that they actually made an effort to fit into the setting.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah I'm not gonna say it was a bad game I think it just hit the wrong buttons for me. It had a lot of stuff going for it so I respect it.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I never really got tired of Xenoblade X, I still come back to it for a couple hours every month or so and it's fine. The world is beautiful and it's fun to explore. Games are good

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

And I stand by what I said about Super Castlevania IV
yes

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i have big fat pupils like the retard bitch in the NIntendo commercial and, oh yeah, Im a hikikomori

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

tumor looking batty posted:

i have big fat pupils like the retard bitch in the NIntendo commercial and, oh yeah, Im a hikikomori

Same here.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Did any imps get Mirage Sessions? How is it?

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Did any imps get Mirage Sessions? How is it?

it's ok. at first i was super pumped because the game just starts out crazy, but i've kind of cooled down on it like 25 hours in. the battle system is fun, and there's the classic SMT gameplay where one random attack can destroy your whole party in one turn, but the dungeons are pretty bland and some of the side quests you need to buff up your party are really obnoxious. it's clear that it needs a little more polish in places, like having to upgrade your equipment just gets to be such a drag since you have to go into four different loading screens to do it. but still, the game is pretty fun. it's worth checking out if you like SMT games.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's got a really good gameplay and the story and music are campy and fun as hell but yeah the dungeons are the low point.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Before the final boss the entire cast sings the fire emblem theme and it's so out of nowhere I laughed like a maniac for 3 minutes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Before the final boss the entire cast sings the fire emblem theme and it's so out of nowhere I laughed like a maniac for 3 minutes.

Haha cool

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I wish they let people preorder the plug and play NES :/

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4HlF0Aa8b0

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I wish they let people preorder the plug and play NES :/

The what?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Mini NES with 30 ROMs on it and HDMI support

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

That sounds like a great idea.

Soral
May 30, 2009

the animal crossing direct is wild

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Has nintendo ever gotten around to a DS version of super mario rpg?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

No, it was on Wii/Wii U virtual console but never ported to another system. There's probably licensing issues associated since it was a collaboration with Square

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

if you just mean ports or direct sequels of the SNES game then no but the Mario & Luigi series & the first couple Paper Mario games are similar games made by many of the same people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

A 3ds Thousand Year Door would own and the 3d would be cool with the stage stuff on the battle screen.

Why don't they make it happen.