Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

If you drink Sully you transmogrify into him, until your body too liquefies and he awaits another to become his next vessel, repeating the cycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Warning: Liquid Sully is a classified as a grade 1 biohazard by the CDC.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

JT Jag posted:

Is it British?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

JT Jag posted:

Liquid Sully, you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5mGwUPUlvQ

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
LP Convergence will result in Naked Sully.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Drinkable Sully is making me think more of Duke Phillips.

"Nate, when I die you may eat my brains. They will give you power. And maybe a few mystery diseases."

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

No such thing as Venom Sully, though.

That'd be redundant.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Maybe if you drink Sully, it's like that bit with Mr. Burns where he has so many diseases, none can get through the door.

Only it's just STIs and diseases eradicated by man, so like dropsy and smallpox.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

KieranWalker posted:

When I played through that section, Sam interrupted his own joke to point out the well to Nate, and dropped the punchline when I got back in the Jeep, which made it flow a lot more naturally. It struck me as doubly hilarious, just because at that point I had no idea the characters would resume a conversation, so Sam's stupid pirate joke was my introduction to it.

This game is fantastic.

I'm happy you shared the cannon choice for how dialog works

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
I want to know - if there are skins for Nate, are there also skins for Sam? Is it, in fact, possible to play through the game with three different versions of Sully?
Also, is Tuxedo!Sully a skin and if yes why is that not on all the time.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Blaziken386 posted:

I want to know - if there are skins for Nate, are there also skins for Sam? Is it, in fact, possible to play through the game with three different versions of Sully?
Also, is Tuxedo!Sully a skin and if yes why is that not on all the time.

Now I'm imagining modding Elena in over Sam for all the scenes where Sully's lecturing Nate about needing to call Elena. Guys, I'm right here.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Want the Call of Duty hat cheat so everyone is wearing floaing caims over their heads that fall apart when they die

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is Kojima the kinda guy who'd go with 'Greased' Sullivan or "Lubricated' Sullivan?

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

Samovar posted:

No such thing as Venom Sully, though.

That'd be redundant.

And Solidus Sully is just the one kid who really wanted to be his son, so he renamed himself to fit his delusion. He's the most successful Sully, but also the one that's secretly most screwed up.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

SorataYuy posted:

And Solidus Sully is just the one kid who really wanted to be his son, so he renamed himself to fit his delusion. He's the most successful Sully, but also the one that's secretly most screwed up.

Tbf that's really two sides of the same coin for sully

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"Sheesh, we really rattled the locals back there."

"Yeah, we'd better la li lu lay low for a while."

"Say what, Sully?"

"Uh, nothin', kid."

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Tranquilizer darts don't work on Revolver Osully. It's not drug resistance training, it's... just the way he is.

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

CJacobs posted:

"Say what, Sully?"

"Uh, nothin', kid."

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

CJacobs posted:

"Say what, Sully?"

"Uh, nothin', kid."

Boooooooooo

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

CJacobs posted:

"Say what, Sully?"

"Uh, nothin', kid."
Yayyyyyy

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

"We'd better The Patriots for a while?"
Why would he say that? It makes no sense.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Reminds me of the time Sully went on Jeopardy. He really nailed that question, "Tom Brady leads this New England football team."

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 31, 2016

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

CJacobs posted:

Reminds me of the time Sully went on Jeopardy. He really nailed that question, "Tom Brady leads this New England football team."

Yeah, Art Fleming was really surprised.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
Nate and friends go through a lot to make sure they get their safety deposit back on this jeep.

Episode 12: The Two Cathedrals.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDOq-XkWl4Y

This is a tough gunfight if you aren't prepared, but thankfully Sully is always prepared for a point blank grenade.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I want that tankard. I want to attach gems to it and sell it to my nearest gun runner for awesome loot.

Oh, and before any naïve gonna try it, don't punch rocks, even if they're stacked like ancient cairns. Punching rocks hurts. And so does kicking fairly sturdy walls down.

I know this because I have bad ideas.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I'd imagine that drawbridge saw a lot of traffic coming from upriver.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So is all of that winch excitement optional?

I also wonder how there're winch markings on that tree just like the first winch tree, but the drawbridge was up. Did the mercs put it back up? Not sure if the mechanism looks sturdy enough for that after all this time or that the mercs were inclined to make it a pain to get back across. Not the same users of the dynamite excavation method.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
Man you really think that Shoreline would've taken a few seconds to shoot out Nate's tires or something. His truck was right there when they pulled up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

At 9:40, a guy shoots at Nate through the jeep's windshield. When it goes off the cliff, the bullet holes are still there!

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.
The view is gorgeous, but the secret pirate cathedral and assorted towers being half a mile away from a city in plain view is kind of funny.

Also, there's a huge tower before said cathedral that Chip never touched; is there nothing there, or is it just an alternate way of getting into the dome area?

slycooper20
Feb 14, 2014

I AM REVOLVER OSHAWOTT
You know, I'm wondering if it's possible for you to shoot the one crate apart that had the treasure inside. I know it's easier just to blow it up, but I'm looking out for the chance that you may not have any grenades when you reach that section.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Chip Cheezum posted:

Two Cathedrals.

And here I was hoping for some kind of reference to the best episode of The West Wing.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Not everyone hates Wyverns! Fire Emblem has a longstanding tradition of including them as the mounts for one of the most useful classes.

Of course, Mikhail from Drakengard hates Wyverns enough to make up for that. He hates Wyverns like nobody's business. It's adorable.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

slycooper20 posted:

You know, I'm wondering if it's possible for you to shoot the one crate apart that had the treasure inside. I know it's easier just to blow it up, but I'm looking out for the chance that you may not have any grenades when you reach that section.

There were several man-portable explosive barrels in the previous room, I'm guessing they can be used to blow up crates as well as walls.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

God dammit Ironicus!

I can never escape the Bill & Ted association with my home town, not even in LPs! San Dimas is an actual real city that's just a boring rear end suburb of Los Angeles and people only know it because of that movie and will always bring it up...

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

ousire posted:

Man you really think that Shoreline would've taken a few seconds to shoot out Nate's tires or something. His truck was right there when they pulled up.

I'm pretty sure, judging by the behavior of Shoreline during this whole part up to the point Ironicus made that somebody had to deliberately leave that cigarette, that they're just loving with the Drake Crew for all of Madagascar.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Zagglezig posted:

So is all of that winch excitement optional?

The area is designed so that you can only use the winch one way in that scene. There's mud all over the place which causes you to slide back down with the winch cable.

And I'm not complaining! That scene still manages to clench my buttocks and I'm glad it's mandatory.

bobjr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDOq-XkWl4Y

This is a tough gunfight if you aren't prepared, but thankfully Sully is always prepared for a point blank grenade.

I wish you could just use your buddies for cover anywhere.

jyrque fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Nov 2, 2016

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Just checking in to note how much I loving love the Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-rear end music track that plays during the drawbridge encounter (once you go loud). It's so good. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that it only plays twice, ever.

Fedule fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Nov 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

TheLoser posted:

And here I was hoping for some kind of reference to the best episode of The West Wing.

24:12, talking about the Shoreline goon that left a cigarette butt on the floor

ishikabibble posted:

God dammit Ironicus!

I can never escape the Bill & Ted association with my home town, not even in LPs! San Dimas is an actual real city that's just a boring rear end suburb of Los Angeles and people only know it because of that movie and will always bring it up...

Well now you can think of Uncharted 4!

• Locked thread