Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I have a soft spot for the hapless and annoying archeologist/inventor who was pretending to come from the future but actually came from the past in that one TNG episode.

Also I'm somehow less nerdy than everyone else here since that's the only time travel Trek thing that hasn't been mentioned that I can come up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Grittybeard posted:

I have a soft spot for the hapless and annoying archeologist/inventor who was pretending to come from the future but actually came from the past in that one TNG episode.

Also I'm somehow less nerdy than everyone else here since that's the only time travel Trek thing that hasn't been mentioned that I can come up with.

There was the Voyager Sarah Silverman episode too. That hasn't been mentioned yet.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

swickles posted:

There was the Voyager Sarah Silverman episode too. That hasn't been mentioned yet.

The one where Kirk lets his almost-girlfriend die in the 1930s was pretty good and probably in the top 5 of best TOS episodes.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

swickles posted:

You mean the episode in which a hippie in the 60's finds a crashed time traveled starship, uses the technology to become the world's most evil businessman who is then smart enough somehow to take the technology from the future and adapt it to make his own timeship that will destroy the quadrant if he tries to fly it but he's too evil and somehow to dumb to listen to warnings, and he's also smart enough to take this same technology he simultaneously understands completely/doesn't comprehend at all to completely disable Voyager and steal the doctor to make a mobile holographic emitter (something the crew couldn't do) so he can steal the doctor. All done from his little 80's macintosh.

That episode was loving garbage and out of every Voyager episode I watched I hated that one the most. I had at least heard about Threshold beforehand.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chichevache posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy

Star Trek

Star Wars

Saving the best for last?

Time travel treks: City on the Edge of Forever. TOS was at its best when it was twilight zone in space

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Febreeze posted:

You mean the episode in which a hippie in the 60's finds a crashed time traveled starship, uses the technology to become the world's most evil businessman who is then smart enough somehow to take the technology from the future and adapt it to make his own timeship that will destroy the quadrant if he tries to fly it but he's too evil and somehow to dumb to listen to warnings, and he's also smart enough to take this same technology he simultaneously understands completely/doesn't comprehend at all to completely disable Voyager and steal the doctor to make a mobile holographic emitter (something the crew couldn't do) so he can steal the doctor. All done from his little 80's macintosh.

That episode was loving garbage and out of every Voyager episode I watched I hated that one the most. I had at least heard about Threshold beforehand.

The best part was them showing the dude at the end listening to the radio in the seventies or sixties or whatever, and it's playing... hair metal. Which was completely not in that era.

Great research there, Voyager writing staff.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Febreeze posted:

Yeah, thats the episode. The one with Sarah Silverman where she totally gave Tom a beej.

I also liked the time travel in Enterprise that didn't actually have the temporal cold war poo poo, where they find the future Enterpise with the descendants of the crew running poo poo.

I can only think of two DS9 time travel plots, the Trouble with Tribbles and the one when they go back to like what would be our present day and Sisko ends up starting Black Lives Matter.

Unless you count the O'Brien time skipping because of the Romulan Warbird, which was cool but not a time travel episod per se.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
howard the duck

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Good comic, terrible movie.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Battle Star Galactica

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

a neat cape posted:

Battle Star Galactica

So say we all

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

best part is that it's set in Cleveland but when they're driving around you see Palm trees because Spielberg wanted to film in Hawaii.

Also the scene where the 3 dudes watch Howard have sex with Lea Thompson.

Also, also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICscZNJLpOU&t=157s

Kalli fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 29, 2016

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Silly Burrito posted:

These are the best two time travel Trek tales.

CITY
ON
THE
EDGE
OF
FOREVER

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Kalli posted:

best part is that it's set in Cleveland but when they're driving around you see Palm trees because Spielberg wanted to film in Hawaii.

Also, also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICscZNJLpOU&t=157s

Now I really want to re-watch Howard the Duck.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

BitterAvatar posted:

Now I really want to re-watch Howard the Duck.

Do that and then listen to the How Did This Get Made episode on Howard the Duck. Its magical and yes he does try to fly.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
That movie is fantastic. Cheesy as hell, but so is Buckaroo Banzai

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

swickles posted:

I can only think of two DS9 time travel plots, the Trouble with Tribbles and the one when they go back to like what would be our present day and Sisko ends up starting Black Lives Matter.

Quark, Rom, Nog (and Oddo) accidentally travel back to Roswell 1947 and manage to not become their own grandpa.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
My parents took me to see Howard the Duck when I was six or so and it gave me nightmares and PTSD.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

Wanna see the Enterprise vs the Death Star

"Captain, we should have a clear shot if we just fly around to the backside where the giant laser isn't aimed"

You must not have actually watched Enterprise because the temporal cold war was literally the worst thing and honestly a lot of time travel episodes are stupid. Hey, lets go back in time and meet Mark Twain, as the most annoying person in human history

The surface of the Deathstar is covered in anti-capital batteries, or did you just completely miss the trench sequence?

Also, yeah, maybe the temporal cold war sucked, but uh... time travel plots are grade-a badass.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

Was there actually a sex scene? If so then it must have been cut out of the version I saw because all I remember is Lea Thompson simply kissing him on the bill.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

got any sevens posted:

That movie is fantastic. Cheesy as hell, but so is Buckaroo Banzai

Buckaroo Banzai is the 80's.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Battle Star Galactica

It's a real shame that show turned into directionless crap after they left New Caprica because it was amazing until that point.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Durandal1707 posted:

It's a real shame that show turned into directionless crap after they left New Caprica because it was amazing until that point.

Writer's strike is a bitch.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight because of your Draw Play, Febreeze. Thanks.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hey febreeze you should do a comic about that rich dude with a castle who gives his wife a key to the only locked door in the castle but tells her not to open it.

Then she does and its his dead wives.

Except its the patriots and billy 5 aces and collins and its a room with players traded to poo poo franchises.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, that's the story of Bluebeard, and the tale of Bluehoody would be pretty great

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

BlindSite posted:

Hey febreeze you should do a comic about that rich dude with a castle who gives his wife a key to the only locked door in the castle but tells her not to open it.

Then she does and its his dead wives.

Except its the patriots and billy 5 aces and collins and its a room with players traded to poo poo franchises.

Collins - Browns
Mankins - Bucs
Moss - Vikings
Seymour -Raiders
Vrabel & Cassel - Chiefs

Anybody I'm forgetting?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

sean10mm posted:

Collins - Browns
Mankins - Bucs
Moss - Vikings
Seymour -Raiders
Vrabel & Cassel - Chiefs

Anybody I'm forgetting?

Jon Bostic - Lions

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Im doing a Collins comic but it's a lot less dark

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Kalli posted:

Yeah, that's the story of Bluebeard, and the tale of Bluehoody would be pretty great

He just did that though
http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/clipboard-jesus-visits-the-browns/

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Belichick, tired of treating youngsters on Halloween, tricks one instead

e. You just know he's the guy who hands out caramel apples with a couple caramel onions mixed in

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

it's a lot less dark

Yeah, that's what Bill has been trying to accomplish for a while now.

Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins replaced by Chris Long and Shea McLellan.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Chichevache posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy

Star Trek

Star Wars

I've never understood why people were so hostile to you, but now it all makes sense.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Guardians of the galaxy was cool and good and star wars is better than Star Trek, which I can't even sit through except 2/3 new movies which are the best ever made.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

There's exactly one good star wars movie.

There's tens of hours more quality trek, and I don't even like that all that much.

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Nov 1, 2016

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

There's exactly one good star wars movie.

There's tens of hours more quality trek, and I don't even like that all that much.

5/7 are good.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Which of the prequels are you counting as a good movie?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

The Christmas special

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Darth Brooks posted:

Which of the prequels are you counting as a good movie?

3rd one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Ah, taking the high ground.

• Locked thread