Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

MechaSeinfeld posted:

This game looks like it plays amazingly, why is it so dead so quickly?

Being sandwiched between BF1 and CoD certainly didn't help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Gunder posted:

:siren:There is now a network for Euro PC goons. It's called European Goonion (Clan Tag BRXT :britain:), and the happy hour is at 9pm GMT.:siren:

It's public for the moment, so just search for European Goonion and join.

Hell yes! THANK YOU

Mind if I let one of my non-goon friends join?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Hell yes! THANK YOU

Mind if I let one of my non-goon friends join?

No problem.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Partly timing, partly a bit niche and, I think, partly the player base is gravitating to only a few modes. Does variety have it's own playlist separate from the modes it covers? Honestly I'd love a "enter any game" button. How do the networks work? I joined the Xbox One network but it doesn't seem to explain anything.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Hope this game lasts longer on PS4, I'm interested in picking it up eventually but I just got bf1 so my time has mostly been dominated by that, with small breaks for getting the Halloween items for rocket league.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

BF1 and CoD and Division 1.4 and Rise of Iron.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Its not dead though?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

It's only got population problems on the PC it seems, if you want to play anything that isn't team deathmatch.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I think the cries of DEAD GAME are a bit premature, even on PC. I just got a match for Last Titan Standing, followed by Hardpoint. Only had to queue for LTS for a few seconds before it filled up. That being said, it was loving stupid to release this game this week.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Geight posted:

It's only got population problems on the PC it seems, if you want to play anything that isn't team deathmatch.

This is true too, on Xbox there aren't any population problems.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Night Blade posted:

Its not dead though?

It's definitely dying on PC. Sub 15k active players in NA.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Any chance Respawn will release a Medley playlist that shuffles between modes?

Any chance Respawn will patch in custom button mapping on PS4?

Do they have a reputation for support such as this?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There is a medley playlist, it's called Variety. There's also 8v8 variety which is bigger team versions of existing modes

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

fadam posted:

It's definitely dying on PC. Sub 15k active players in NA.

Does origin have a stats page or something?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Night Blade posted:

When you enter into matchmaking you can see the current population in your region, and when you select the match type it shows you how many people are currently in the queue.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Night Blade posted:

It says it when you hover over choosing a mode on PC.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Even games that are big on PC tend to settle into the "default" mode pretty quickly. By the end of its lifespan BF4 must have had about 10 different game modes but 90% of servers run conquest.

I can see TF2 have a decently long tail so long as their free content is good and timely.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Let me tell ya how only people played attrition all the time on Titanfall 1 and so I was super bummed they brought it back for 2 cause guess what everyone is playing...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Real talk the Mountain Dew Ion Titan is a pretty dope skin, also, I have a Red Baron skin for Ion and I have no clue how the gently caress I got it but it owns and I hope all of the other Titans have it too.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

s.i.r.e. posted:

Real talk the Mountain Dew Ion Titan is a pretty dope skin, also, I have a Red Baron skin for Ion and I have no clue how the gently caress I got it but it owns and I hope all of the other Titans have it too.

Battlefield 1 purchase gets you the Red Baron Ion skin. Only works on Ion.

TastesBlue
Jan 15, 2008
So. Much. Fun.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

discworld is all I read posted:

Let me tell ya how only people played attrition all the time on Titanfall 1 and so I was super bummed they brought it back for 2 cause guess what everyone is playing...

Same. I really like Bounty Hunt and some of the other modes, but of course the player base just wants to play team death match 24/7.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

s.i.r.e. posted:

It is really cool and surprisingly classy for a marketing thing.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I worship at the gaming altar by drinking at least 3 diet mountain dews at work every day, I deserve some skins

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

:frogout:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

I know, it's way worse, but I want to be fat instead of extremely fat

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gunder posted:

Battlefield 1 purchase gets you the Red Baron Ion skin. Only works on Ion.

:smith:

What's the max level for everything? I assume it's 50 for players but are weapons and Titans 50 too?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
What's the XBone Network again?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

yall I still cant see any data centers 😢

i uninstalled all my network adapters besides wireless (since disabling didnt work) and its still just a blank list - i want to play this brand new dead game i am not happy

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Refunded this poo poo, it really just makes me pine for the first game. I think a lot of the design decisions remind of the MW1->MW2 leap, with an elegant core design cluttered up by a lot of gimmick abilities and instant deaths. The maps don't seem built for any kind of wallrun flow. I think they must have panicked after the technical test and tried to speed up movement, but it was too late to alter the map geometry.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

black.lion posted:

yall I still cant see any data centers 😢

i uninstalled all my network adapters besides wireless (since disabling didnt work) and its still just a blank list - i want to play this brand new dead game i am not happy

Maybe try this?

quote:

I had the same problem on my PC. I was finally able to resolve it by doing the following:
Open up: control panel->Network and Internet->Network and Sharing Center->change adapter settings.
I am using wifi so I right clicked on my belkin wireless adapter and selected properties. Then I clicked on the "configure" button and selected the advanced tab. I have many options listed but I selected Multimedia/Gaming Environment and changed the value to "Enabled" and clicked OK. I was then able to connect to the Data Centre machines. This is probably slightly different depending on what wifi adapter you have. Good Luck!

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I think just playing BF1 on the same account gets you the Red Baron skin, so you could just Redbox it for a night. I'll probably do that sometime but that means a night of not playing TF2.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

General Battuta posted:

Refunded this poo poo, it really just makes me pine for the first game. I think a lot of the design decisions remind of the MW1->MW2 leap, with an elegant core design cluttered up by a lot of gimmick abilities and instant deaths. The maps don't seem built for any kind of wallrun flow. I think they must have panicked after the technical test and tried to speed up movement, but it was too late to alter the map geometry.

You're crazy. The maps all have a great wall run flow. Also mw1 core abilities were all boring as gently caress. The only one I feel is a bit boring in tf2 is tone

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Mr.Citrus posted:

The only one I feel is a bit boring in tf2 is tone

fight me

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Smart Core best core. Legion 4 lyfe

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

There's no more Sentries to hack is there? I'm not too impressed with the maps this time around, they look detailed but they're kinda... boring I guess?

TF1's maps felt like something was going on, we had really cool sandy desert maps, there were sentries, alien life, a map that only had Spectres and just really varied designs. It all feels samey in this game. Also the Reapers are really god drat dull.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I really like the game, but yeah, the maps don't quite have the originals character.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
We never had to wait more than 3 seconds to start a game on PC on attrition/hardpoint or bounty hunt. I don't care about the other modes so I am fine with that.

Game will be fine and is not dead in any way. Future maps and modes are free and not DLC which is what killed the first TF.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

keyframe posted:

We never had to wait more than 3 seconds to start a game on PC on attrition/hardpoint or bounty hunt. I don't care about the other modes so I am fine with that.

Game will be fine and is not dead in any way. Future maps and modes are free and not DLC which is what killed the first TF.

Eh, the game came out yesterday. You'd have to wait a few weeks to tell if it's doa or not, people will play even the deadest games for a few days (lol evolve)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

It's not DOA people, jesus.

loving goons, man.