Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Gologle posted:

Terper, you went full me right there. Never do that again. All you need to know about FF15 is that it sucks dongs.

I don't see how a game that's been in development hell for ten years can be bad!

Especially since it's not actually out yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The last time I paid any attention to FF15 was when it was called FFvs13.

Is the game actually looking bad? I was thinking of getting it but if its another FF13 type of disaster then lol.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's looking p good imo

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
World of Final Fantasy is quality gaming. I was expecting a more budget feeling game but overall everything seems really polished. I find myself chuckling a lot at the silliness so mission accomplished I guess.

e

Terper posted:

It's looking p good imo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Is the game actually looking bad? I was thinking of getting it but if its another FF13 type of disaster then lol.

i'm sure everyone thought FF13's story would be coherent before it was released too, so there's no way to tell until after the fact

at the very least kingsglaive and the anime seem to indicate they wrote the story more then 5 minutes before making the cutscenes

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Terper posted:

I think the main point of that storyline was to show that it wasn't just the Kingsglaive that were unhappy with the decision, but the citizenry. He fed them some information, I guess about where guards would be at what times or whatever. I don't think he ever really wanted to cause any harm, nor thought that they were actually going to do terrorist stuff. Basically it was all done so that he could stumble around all confused, pick up that transceiver, and figure out who Glauca was.

Thanks. I arrived at a similar conclusion but boy was that part clunky.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Raxivace posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf3BAN77s9g

Here's a fun little romp

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Is there a patch considered "best" for the SNES FFVI for bug fixes and the like? Really wanna play through it again, but there's all sorts of different patches I'm finding.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Orgophlax posted:

Is there a patch considered "best" for the SNES FFVI for bug fixes and the like? Really wanna play through it again, but there's all sorts of different patches I'm finding.

It's playing the GBA version with the color correction and music restoration patches.

spotlessd
Sep 8, 2016

by merry exmarx

This looks completely awful. :(

Its another soulless degenerate MMO. Please tell me at some point the series' trademark environmental and world design appears and this won't be the second Final Fantasy game to take place in a goddamn desert.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Good, don't play it then.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

spotlessd posted:

Its another soulless degenerate MMO. Please tell me at some point the series' trademark environmental and world design appears and this won't be the second Final Fantasy game to take place in a goddamn desert.

Have you ever played an MMO?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
FF12 had more than a desert, not to mention deserts being significant locales in the series.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

As much as I am enjoying WoFF, this game really needs a 3rd stack, no humans, and some challenge. Chapter 20 and I just realized I haven't actually used Champion summons or XL's yet.

Is online multiplayer any good? Haven't given it a shot yet.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

spotlessd posted:

The first area is like that to convey the sense of a traditional American roadtrip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzIsbgDt5oM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLy8LD8P9uc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBXsBCthC4

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

spotlessd posted:

let's say this whole game did take place in a desert, did it ever occur to you that that might be part of the environmental and world design? or do you think every country on earth has the same biome as any other?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

*plays FF6* Ugh this goddamn game it's just loving winter all the time what the hell

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

spotlessd posted:

I see you've never played an MMO or a Final Fantasy game before.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
gently caress This! Why does the opening area of this video game have a somewhat laid back and simple area design? Why does the beginning of this story have a somewhat normal location?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i can't believe the first 2 hours of FF7 all take place in the same drat city, such bullshit

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i can't wait for FF7-R-1 to come out where we spend 20 hours in Midgar

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

unironically agreed

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I hope ff7-1 is just the reactor

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

corn in the bible posted:

I hope ff7-1 is just the Wallmarket

Corrected

spotlessd
Sep 8, 2016

by merry exmarx
The first 10 minutes are a literal Kill X quest taking place in a completely flat and open barely-even-qualifies-as-a-"level" sandpit. How is this better than any other Ubisoft pile I've played 100 times before?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

spotlessd posted:

How is this better than any other Ubisoft pile I've played 100 times before?

We don't know so maybe we should actually wait and see how the game is before making idiotic statements

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If a guy is determined to not play a game, let him not play.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Terper posted:

*plays FF6* Ugh this goddamn game it's just loving winter all the time what the hell
More than 80 hours of FF6 takes place in a desert, and one of these days I'm going to figure out how to navigate this impossible bullshit castle.

spotlessd
Sep 8, 2016

by merry exmarx

Andrast posted:

We don't know so maybe we should actually wait and see how the game is before making idiotic statements

What the gently caress is your problem lol "oh my god we have no idea if its going to be good or bad so until then only unbridled optimism allowed in this thread thanks!" :byodood:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You know:

I genuinely feel like people use the basic trappings of Ubisoft and assume the problems are with how they exist instead of how they are implemented. Open-world games, even excellent ones, need most of those things to function. "I can see a lot of different events on my map!" or whatever is not an inherently bad thing and rather than discussing why the gameplay does or doesn't work it feels like people see the superficial similarities and assume that means Bad.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

spotlessd posted:

What the gently caress is your problem lol "oh my god we have no idea if its going to be good or bad so until then only unbridled optimism allowed in this thread thanks!" :byodood:

"The first 10 minutes of this video game has a simple tutorial type quest in a simple area so the whole game must be poo poo"

Andrast fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 29, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If you based all your video game purchases on the first 10 minutes you would not own many games

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

If you based all your video game purchases on the first 10 minutes you would not own many games

Alternately you own like 20 copies of Brutal Legend.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can't wait to play Snake against Fortune and Vamp

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

spotlessd posted:

I expressed doubt and apprehension of personal distaste towards thread darling WoFF before its release and didn't get raked over the coals because my objections weren't stupid bullshit

makes you think

spotlessd
Sep 8, 2016

by merry exmarx

Andrast posted:

"The first 10 minutes of this video game has a simple tutorial type quest in a simple area so the whole game must be poo poo"

"Only half the game is garbage!" is the ringing endorsement I'm getting from the interviews and promotional material.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Who unironically uses the word "degenerate" though

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

alt right weirdos

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Wait, which was the first final fantasy to take place entirely in a desert? There were like two desert areas in XII and the rest was mines, manmade areas, jungles, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Nephzinho posted:

As much as I am enjoying WoFF, this game really needs a 3rd stack, no humans, and some challenge. Chapter 20 and I just realized I haven't actually used Champion summons or XL's yet.

Is online multiplayer any good? Haven't given it a shot yet.

I can't speak on the multiplayer but if you want the regular game to be way harder, use Active for the ATB.