Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

stump collector posted:

op.gg says my MMR is platinum 2

has anyone here gone from gold1-plat3 on promos before?

not possible, you can only go from X1 to Y5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think what's important to winning games in Bronze or Silver (Brilver) is to understand the mentality of the Brilver player. Their actions are completely nonsensical and illogical. Despite being devoid of reason, this mentality is not devoid of patterns. The pattern that I prefer to exploit is the "group mid." Brilvers will naturally flock the mid lane and do absolutely jack poo poo there. To fully take advantage of this I simply grab a hurricane carry or AoE damage champ, then type "group mid" after the laning phase has broken down. Before long all ten people are in the mid lane, and in an even shorter time a fight breaks out. This is when you unleash your AoE damage and clean up.

To be honest, not a lot of skill is required. I actually completely agree with luna in that when you climb divisions in lower elos you don't see a lot of improvement. I think most people just get absorbed in the madness and things start to "make sense" to them like in those horror movies where someone goes crazy and starts killing everyone. This is also why I think methanar is having a rougher time then he should winning in silver. He's applying logic to something illogical. That's jut not the way to go about things down here.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the most important part in climbing elo is to actually be better than the elo you're at

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
solo queue is about being capable of carrying your current tier, if you cant do that then you don't deserve to raise in tier, issatsimpulm8

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the most important part of climbing is finger strength i think

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Radical posted:

the most important part of climbing is finger strength i think

Stupid elo hell cant get out of V1

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Safety Scissors posted:

I think what's important to winning games in Bronze or Silver (Brilver) is to understand the mentality of the Brilver player. Their actions are completely nonsensical and illogical. Despite being devoid of reason, this mentality is not devoid of patterns. The pattern that I prefer to exploit is the "group mid." Brilvers will naturally flock the mid lane and do absolutely jack poo poo there. To fully take advantage of this I simply grab a hurricane carry or AoE damage champ, then type "group mid" after the laning phase has broken down. Before long all ten people are in the mid lane, and in an even shorter time a fight breaks out. This is when you unleash your AoE damage and clean up.

To be honest, not a lot of skill is required. I actually completely agree with luna in that when you climb divisions in lower elos you don't see a lot of improvement. I think most people just get absorbed in the madness and things start to "make sense" to them like in those horror movies where someone goes crazy and starts killing everyone. This is also why I think methanar is having a rougher time then he should winning in silver. He's applying logic to something illogical. That's jut not the way to go about things down here.

How to win a bronze game: farm competently and don't feed. You'll have so much more gold than anybody else you can't lose because nobody picks a champion with crowd control. If they do they won't use it properly. Nobody can initiate and no fight will ever, ever be 5v5.

How to win a silver game: as above but talk in all chat. It doesn't really matter what you say somebody will tilt over it. Focus on objectives; silver players are obsessed with kills and will chase somebody through the jungle for five minutes and fail to get the kill. Meanwhile you can just eat towers. Roam and rotate to work on taking objectives. It baffles me how many times I'll see somebody crush their lane then just run around trying to get kills the entire game while ignoring objectives. If your teammates insist on doing mid lane tower waltzes or picking stupid, stupid engagements then just split push all day.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
just play hard and have fun, go aggressive and if you fail for god's sake don't tell us about it unless you legitimately can't identify at least 5 things you did wrong every game

then luna will write you a 500 word essay and you can learn and become #woke

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Teikanmi posted:

You don't really need to and in higher elos you really shouldn't

it is matchup dependent on when you can shield yourself and auto attack. against Sona or Nami it's not worth trying to poke since they trade better and heal up whatever you send them. against a braum or thresh you should freely walk through minions and auto attack them relentlessly, especially if they miss their CC, which is easy to dodge because you have +40 movespeed and ghost through minions.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

goddamn I thought riven mains is a dead meme. also they need to buff braum, ty riot games.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
the first step to winning in poo poo elo when you're "stuck" there is having the self awareness to realize nothing you do is perfect or flawless, and that you can improve on all aspects of your play. playing many games with that mentality (and not the kind where you try to lecture diamond players for playing wrong as a bronze/silver player lol). this still happens constantly with some goons who will remain unnamed, is when they get mad at me and then try to tell me what I am doing wrong, when holy gently caress look at your own play before you try to criticize someone else who is more than three divisions above you in rank

also, not really a riven tryhard when you just give up like a little bitch and build tears instead of balling every chance you get

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Played some games without Meth, did just as well without him in the game so it was probably just a really bad/unlucky week and I'm totally fine? The worst thing I'm doing is messing up Flash -> headbutt Pulverize combos or missing Sona ults when it's not too important anyway. KDA is almost 5.0

I can objectively say that I've been better than almost every single support player I've been up against, and the only lane i struggled with was Alistar vs Karma but won that game anyway because I had a better impact outside laning phase. I've only outright lost lane once or twice in the last 20 games. Even in the 20 game losing spree I wasn't outright losing lane, it was just not making a big enough impact after laning phase

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you can buffer the flash ali combo so im not sure how you're messing that up

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

you can buffer the flash ali combo so im not sure how you're messing that up
Not the Flash -> Q combo the Flash -> W -> Q

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah, you buffer the w then you flash and it auto goes off and then you q while you're flying through the air!

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

How Rude posted:

it is matchup dependent on when you can shield yourself and auto attack. against Sona or Nami it's not worth trying to poke since they trade better and heal up whatever you send them. against a braum or thresh you should freely walk through minions and auto attack them relentlessly, especially if they miss their CC, which is easy to dodge because you have +40 movespeed and ghost through minions.

In Diamond+ elo 99% of the time the jungler will notice that you're constantly overextending and come murder your windy bootyholes

RealFoxy posted:

Not the Flash -> Q combo the Flash -> W -> Q

Literally just hold Q down once you press W and it's impossible to mess up

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Diamond + elo sucks and anyone whos there had better hope they dont ever meet me in real life, where I'd easily beat them up and take their challenger jacket.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Nietzschean posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm just messing up combos on the edge of flash's range and missing the Headbutt and pulverizing the ground.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RealFoxy posted:

I'm just messing up combos on the edge of flash's range and missing the Headbutt and pulverizing the ground.

Don't press Q before your W starts

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Once W starts, just hold down Q and it should automatically buffer to activate once W arrives at its target. I used to be absolute dogshit at Alistar's combo and even I can now reliably pull it off by just buffering Q.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Who's next.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
if you're supporting every game and your KDA is always good you should quit using it as a metric of how well you're playing

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Methanar posted:

Who's next.

lmfao

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Methanar posted:

Who's next.

Yo I can do this for someone on EUW if you have MF and preferably some armor pen runes. Bronze 1 -> Silver 5 or Silver 1 -> Gold 5 no problem

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
WTB elo boost Brozne 9 to Bronze 2... can take it from there myself.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
legit question, Meth -- why Stormraider's on MF?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I instantly kill everyone without a damage mastery. Moving fast just lets me chase and get in range of people more easily. It's saved me a bunch of times too where I shoot once, get doubled movement and then just completely run around the reciprocation skill shot.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
With Stormraider's if you get a critical Q proc on someone you can run up to the enemy carry to try and finish them off, which is what MF usually sucks at doing since the distance at which she tries to get a Q bounce is like 900 units away from the enemy ADC usually, and it owns, seriously it just owns

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
There is going to be a really good montage posted here soon I'm sure.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
im going to run stormraiders now as well namaste friends

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
im watchin the finals and playing with my new teemo

i like teemo. teemowns

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
went 0/10/2, dont even give a gently caress because i also pushed mid for most of the game solo and cracked 150 CS for the first time, teemowns

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Sounds sick m8,

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

went 0/10/2, dont even give a gently caress because i also pushed mid for most of the game solo and cracked 150 CS for the first time, teemowns

never underestimate the power of the scouts code

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Sounds sick m8,

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Sounds sick m8,

ive got like 25 games totally and i spend most of them dying horribly let me have this small victory

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So is ARAM now just a wall made out of infinite Viegars? After fighting that piece of poo poo too many times I decided to start counting and I'm currently on a hot-streak of 6 matches in a row.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Barudak posted:

So is ARAM now just a wall made out of infinite Viegars? After fighting that piece of poo poo too many times I decided to start counting and I'm currently on a hot-streak of 6 matches in a row.

This is because max CDR tanky veigar is hot as hell in aram

also everywhere else

veigar supremacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

ive got like 25 games totally and i spend most of them dying horribly let me have this small victory

I'm lucky if I can get 100 cs in a game so god bless and carry on my blessed friend.

• Locked thread