Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

If you run away from a quest, do you get to keep your loot?

Yes. But you don't get the quest rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

If you run away from a quest, do you get to keep your loot?

you keep everything in your inventory but you forego the victory rewards, so you'll probably lose money if you do that (but you won't lose a hero ... normally anyway)

e;fb

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
You also get a splat of post-mission stress, and the roulette of post-mission traits tilts against you, IIRC. But it can be worth it.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

In this case, everyone got hit for 40 stress, the Hellion picked up Enlightened and the Plague Doctor got Deviant Tastes. Pretty good tradeoff, all things considered.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Personally I would like to see Highwang take Kaboom Dragoon on some adventures. That level 0 vestal will get taken eventually because of Highwang's healer addiction but Kaboom Dragoon could go the whole game never seeing a dungeon and that is criminal.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Just got through my third quest (second ended in disaster after the vestal and occultist died after TWO rooms) and Dismas picked up some interesting traits:

Does this mean he has absolutely normal blood?

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Technowolf posted:

Just got through my third quest (second ended in disaster after the vestal and occultist died after TWO rooms) and Dismas picked up some interesting traits:

Does this mean he has absolutely normal blood?

Thats how blood clots occur.

Your Dismas is gonna die of an embolism.

FrankZP
Nov 11, 2015

AIGHT SHITBIRDS, IT'S EXPLOSION TIME!
This one's just a bit less hazardous to your health.

A Leper is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Found in my first secret room. The last head was found in a secret room just after the Necromancer fight.

Found in the Wagon when I first unlocked it.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
New Update - Episode 27- Getting Offensive

Kicking off a huge batch of a backlog with the Offensive Vestal! I'd like to do more alt builds but right now this is all we have.

Also, we begin the first half of us griping about Early Access.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

https://a.desu.sh/jnbztz.webm

In which Highwang reveals he is a Sith. The only question is, is Iron Chitlin his apprentice, or his master?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Still only a few episodes into the LP but I wanted to let you know that your dread scythe claimed another victim.

By which I mean I bought the game and my Reynauld died in the tutorial and the first couple quests were pretty drat sketchy man. Lost another guy to the first Hag fight (thoroughly unprepared). This game is good poo poo, thanks for the LP.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
At this stage, I'll be disappointed if you ever take Kaboom Dragoon on to a dungeon run.

Alternatively, grab three other level 0 expendables aspiring heroes, and showcase a certain fun achievement. :haw:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Genocyber posted:

In which Highwang reveals he is a Sith. The only question is, is Iron Chitlin his apprentice, or his master?

Oh,please. We both know that the statement "only Sith deal in absolutes" is an absolute. :colbert:

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

VolticSurge posted:

Oh,please. We both know that the statement "only Sith deal in absolutes" is an absolute. :colbert:

Also: Do, or do not, there is no try.

mmmm Smell that Jedi hypocrisy.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
So when you found the stack of 24 food, is there a mechanic that prevents you from using it to heal everyone up to full?

Edit: Shoulda waited 5 seconds

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Cassa posted:

So when you found the stack of 24 food, is there a mechanic that prevents you from using it to heal everyone up to full?

I believe after every fight, each hero can eat up to 4 snacks at a time. I rarely consume food to heal though, its mainly a buffer against bad gameplay ideas.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Genocyber posted:

He threw away the anti-venom when he had a blighted man at arms to make room for shields. USE THE ITEMS BEFORE THROWING THEM AWAY ARRRGGGGG

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Highwang posted:

I believe after every fight, each hero can eat up to 4 snacks at a time. I rarely consume food to heal though, its mainly a buffer against bad gameplay ideas.

come on man, a little starvation never killed anyone.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Highwang posted:

But if you find a stack of 24 food, wouldn't you shove it down everyone's throat before tossing it?

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

Cassa posted:

But if you find a stack of 24 food, wouldn't you shove it down everyone's throat before tossing it?

Yes! Yes, you would. In Veteran or Champion runs it can be a life saver to find a stack of 12 food to heal up 40-60 total heal across the team.

The Weald in Veteran+ can be unforgiving when it wants to be. This is when you start bringing 3+ blight cures to deal with the copious amount of blight damage that can happen.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It feels like the offensive vestal was mostly useless and any other frontliner would've done better in that mission.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
So when's that check from Red Hook coming in for you, Highwang?

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Boksi posted:

So when's that check from Red Hook coming in for you, Highwang?

Is this the PS4 version? I'm merely guessing from the hud.

If so, how is it?

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

Highwang posted:

Is this the PS4 version? I'm merely guessing from the hud.

If so, how is it?

It's the Vita version actually. The controls are a bit wonky; to switch between heroes you have to use the rear touchpad, which is a bit annoying, and in general they can be a bit clunky since this game was designed with a mouse in mind and they haven't redone the UI. Still, I've only just started playing. Only on my third run so far, Dismas and Talbot(the antiquarian) both went masochistic and barely made it out alive. Exactly the sort of thing I was expecting going into this game.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Highwang clearly has the Glutton negative trait

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
Sorry Highwang :(

I guess watching this LP isn't enough to make you an instant expert. Good thing this game gives you plenty of meat for the grinder.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
How fitting that Highwang was a Vestal. Poor Lucien might find some peace now.

...Probably not since that graveyard is probably cursed/poisoned or whatever.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Veloxyll posted:

Highwang clearly has the Glutton negative trait

Highwang has conclusively proven himself not a glutton, on account of all the food he keeps throwing away. :colbert:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Just your bog standard Kleptomaniac would do, really.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Scribbleykins posted:

Highwang has conclusively proven himself not a glutton, on account of all the food he keeps throwing away. :colbert:

He's clearly a stress faster

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Scribbleykins posted:

I dunno. I recall him having two stacks at the end of that last run. and throwing away a key or something. That he could have used soonafter.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Been having a blast with this game since I got it. Mostly bump free, since your LP helps with preparing for the expected. The unexpected, however... week three resulted in two deaths at the hands of the Collector. And just now I got a total party wipe halfway through what was going to be an easy low level dark run with an Antiquarian, but it got interrupted by another collector fight. Just didn't have power to outdamage him since I was going for that "get a certain amount of gold in one run" chievo. Consolation prize? I got the party wipe achievement. (But I didn''t realize wiping out lost all your relics, too. So-long, Dismas head! Back to the collector you go.)

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Been having a blast with this game since I got it. Mostly bump free, since your LP helps with preparing for the expected. The unexpected, however... week three resulted in two deaths at the hands of the Collector. And just now I got a total party wipe halfway through what was going to be an easy low level dark run with an Antiquarian, but it got interrupted by another collector fight. Just didn't have power to outdamage him since I was going for that "get a certain amount of gold in one run" chievo. Consolation prize? I got the party wipe achievement. (But I didn''t realize wiping out lost all your relics, too. So-long, Dismas head! Back to the collector you go.)

A good thing to remember when first starting out is that retreating to save items is okay :v:

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
And another satisfied purchaser over here!

So far so good, with only a seeker Plague Doctor in the Graveyard. The Apprentice Necromancer proved little trouble, the Swine Prince bled out all over the place and I'm a big fan of my surviving Plague Doctor and Leper. The Siren is waiting and I haven't yet met the Collector.

I've been prioritising heirlooms over most other treasure thus far, is this wise?

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

I love this and I wanted you to know I appreciate it.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
I have to say, Highwang needs to do more runs without healers so I can study how he does it. I'm on week 17 now, after Highwang the Vestal died I had a spell without any healers, then I got another vestal. I have no occultists, so my best healers are my two arbalests, and I don't want a tough, unerring arbalest to waste her time bandaging my dudes.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!
Double arbalest.
One for the shootin', one for bandagin'.
If nobody needs healin', UNLEASH HELL

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

Dooky Dingo posted:

Double arbalest.
One for the shootin', one for bandagin'.
If nobody needs healin', UNLEASH HELL

I like that idea. Maybe add a bounty hunter for some marking fun, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Bandaging can also help a PD or Antiquarian heal do more. Though I lucked out on the +100% healing Anti trinket (it's still small numbers). Also, two Bandage on the same turn will do some good spike healing, though IIRC you can't target slot 4 (or yourself? This and battle heal on Crusader I can't work out the targeting on.)

Some may disagree, but I'd say Mediums can be a little easier than Shorts healerless, depending on camping skills. Triage can do a lot a lot of healing, for instance.

Buy spare food for eating, maybe good for good scouting so you've a better idea how hosed you are regarding completing the mission.

Or just grab 4 goons from the stagecoach (your stagecoach is at least 4 people right?) and run them through a dungeon. No great loss if they die, next batch might have classes you like more.

This LP has made me like a bunch of skills I previously ignored more though, like Houndmaster stun, and Occultist Knife. And Antiquarians at all.

• Locked thread