Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jed York, not content loving over:

- soccer kids
- 49ers fans
- local journalists
- rent collectors
- reasonable human beings

is now pissing off Santa Clara and they make take operation of Levi's away from them :laffo:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...FlowFB_BAYBrand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Good.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Too bad they can't take the team away from him.

In other news, that's it fellas, all of Jacksonville's problems are solved:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/792423101212393472

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

whypick1 posted:

It is a start.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I always thought the Panthers TE being a team's OC was a conflict of interest so this is good

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Classic save your head coaching job move

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Surely that's it for him.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

- soccer kids
- 49ers fans
- local journalists
- rent collectors

is now pissing off Santa Clara and they make take operation of Levi's away from them :laffo:

:f5: yes yes yes

whypick1 posted:

He never should have been hired, but it is still good to see him gone.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Worked for the Bills, but will it work for the Jags? lmao no

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

a patagonian cavy posted:

A chicken could pick out better plays than Greg Olson.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So today I went door-to-door for the Clinton campaign. The very first house where someone answered the door, and this is in North Suburban Cincinnati, had a massive Steelers flag out front and the man and woman who answered the door wearing a Steeler shirt Steelers branded sweat pants yellow and black shoes and there was a Terrible Towel mounted above the fireplace.

Everyone else was nice.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/roger_goodell_doesnt_take_bait_on_question_linking_tom_brady_josh_brown_suspensions/s1_8626_22255117

quote:

“I couldn’t disagree more, Gary,” Goodell responded when asked about the criticism that the league hasn’t made any progress with regards to domestic violence. “Very easily. Because what you see here is a policy that’s evolved. We’ve learned a lot. But these are complex matters. And when you talk to the domestic violence experts, which I don’t know if you do, but these are difficult matters to deal with. You have rights. You have families that you have to be concerned with here. You have privacy issues. And yes, you want to make sure that you’re doing everything possible to address these when they happen. But you also want to deal with them to prevent them from happening.

“I think we’ve made tremendous progress. Can we make more and will we make more? Of course. But society in general, we all need to do a better job, including other entities. But the NFL, I’m only responsible for that, and we have to continue to get better.”

quote:

“Ultimately, what you want in a domestic violence case is to get back to a healthy relationship and not to make it even more complicated, and that’s the hope from the education through the first offense to hopefully you don’t ever see a second offense.”

quote:

The NFL’s 2014 code of conduct policy calls for a six-game minimum suspension in cases of domestic violence. However, it also states that aggravating and mitigating factors must be taken into account, and the league determined in Brown’s case that a full six-game ban couldn’t be levied based on the information available.

“The policies and the procedures and the penalties for domestic violence, it is the only offense that I know of where the second offense is banishment,” Goodell added. “Now, some people would say, ‘Well, why isn’t it the first (offense) when it comes to domestic violence?’ Well, in that August 2000, when I went out speaking to various domestic violence experts, they actually recommended you don’t do that. They recommended that the first offense be six games — as a matter of fact, they suggested five (and) we went to six — and then they said banishment on the second, so they understand the circumstances, would be acceptable. They thought that was very strong.

August 2000

It took him fifteen years

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Spoeank posted:

- soccer kids
- 49ers fans
- local journalists
- rent collectors

http://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/ostler/article/Survey-says-49ers-hit-rock-bottom-10416412.php

49ers worst team in all of American sports

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

:agreed:

There's literally nothing worthwhile about the team except Carlos Hyde. Not a drat thing. They've spent 4 straight first rounders on defense and have the worst defense in the gosh darn world. And the stadium is expensive as poo poo and people are fleeing away from their SBLs.

They offered us the ability to move up to the seats where people relinquished their SBLs. And expected us to pay the difference in SBLs. So they wanted to get paid for 2 SBLs for this trash rear end team.

gently caress them.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Ravens would lose to the 49ers.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

I think that's a typo, dude wasn't even commisioner then.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

swickles posted:

I think that's a typo, dude wasn't even commisioner then.

quote:

In 1987, Goodell was appointed assistant to the president of the American Football Conference (Lamar Hunt), and under the tutelage of Commissioner Paul Tagliabue filled a variety of football and business operations roles, culminating with his appointment as the NFL's Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer in December 2001.

Probably as part of his job duties doing assistant work

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Gynecolojustice posted:

Baltimore boys....to borrow an old favorite saying....I'm in your city .....eating all your oysters

Become a hero and piss on Modells grave.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Become a hero and piss on Modells grave.

Didn't some jackass do that last year?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

So today I went door-to-door for the Clinton campaign. The very first house where someone answered the door, and this is in North Suburban Cincinnati, had a massive Steelers flag out front and the man and woman who answered the door wearing a Steeler shirt Steelers branded sweat pants yellow and black shoes and there was a Terrible Towel mounted above the fireplace.

Everyone else was nice.

as a cincinnati native, I can attest that the worst people in the area are all Steelers fans

people who went to elder are a close second

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Flikken posted:

Didn't some jackass do that last year?

5 years ago or so. It's been awhile.

And he's a loving hero.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

And he's a loving hero.

:agreed:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

And he's a loving hero.

A real fan would've really desecrated that grave. How is modell's femur not some Brown hound's chew toy?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

people who went to elder are a close second

Agreedo. You X, Moeller or LaSalle?

*narrows eyes*

Edit: 31 fanbases agree - gently caress Art forever.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I'm wearing Steelers branded UA track pants right now

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Ches Neckbeard posted:

And he's a loving hero.

To be fair though, a #2 would've been more appropriate.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens would lose to the 49ers.

Can your team beat the 49ers?

Do you have a player who plays RB?
Is he not Todd Gurley?

If yes, you can beat the 49ers.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Ches Neckbeard posted:

And he's a loving hero.

It was July of '14.

Model died in 2012, may he rot in hell forever.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
ESPN Loses 621,000 Subscribers; Worst Month In Company History

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-loses-621-000-subscribers-worst-month-in-company-history-102916

Ratings you say?

These 621,000 lost subscribers in the past month alone lead to a drop in revenue of over $52 million and continue the alarming subscriber decline at ESPN. Couple these subscriber declines with a 24% drop in Monday Night Football ratings this fall, the crown jewel of ESPN programming, and it's fair to call October of 2016 the worst month in ESPN's history. But this isn't just a story about ESPN, the rapid decline in cable subscribers is hitting every channel, sports and otherwise. It just impacts ESPN the most because ESPN costs every cable and satellite subscriber roughly $7 a month, over triple the next most expensive cable channel.

ESPN might be gone in 4 years.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Oh please happen soon, piecemeal cable packaging.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Skip Bayless leaving killed ESPN

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

They promoted Nathaniel Hackett, so lol. I mean, he's probably better than Greg Olson, but the Doug Marrone Bills were known for being uncreative and overall anemic offensively.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I get that feeling that ESPN dying would make things much worse coverage wise.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Spoeank posted:

Can your team beat the 49ers?

Do you have a player who plays RB?
Is he not Todd Gurley?

If yes, you can beat the 49ers.

We do. But my team is committed to not running even if it is working. So the 49ers would indeed beat the Ravens.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Agreedo. You X, Moeller or LaSalle?

*narrows eyes*

Edit: 31 fanbases agree - gently caress Art forever.

oak hills, catholic schools are for the overprivileged. not that oak hills is a magical fountain of the lower classes, the school district was created in response to desegregation and is something like 95% white

the football rivalry between Oak Hills and Elder ended a few years back because Oak Hills lost the game every year for more than 25 years running.

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

They promoted Nathaniel Hackett, so lol. I mean, he's probably better than Greg Olson, but the Doug Marrone Bills were known for being uncreative and overall anemic offensively.

I had no idea who this was, so I Googled him and he's the former Bills OC, replaced by a dude who got fired after Week 2 this year? I'm sure the Jags are going to experience an offensive renaissance.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I for one am really looking forward to waking up early, making a huge fuckoff breakfast and starting to drink at 9:00 AM for the Skins game in London.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

NattyBo posted:

I for one am really looking forward to waking up early, making a huge fuckoff breakfast and starting to drink at 9:00 AM for the Skins game in London.

The West Coast sends it's regards.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

fsif posted:

Reminder: he got a urinal installed in his master bathroom.

Wouldn't you? If you could?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

NattyBo posted:

Holy poo poo there is another london game? And it's an NFC East game?

:getin: Get the gently caress In.

Go Bengals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Kawalimus posted:

We do. But my team is committed to not running even if it is working. So the 49ers would indeed beat the Ravens.

The moment I grew weary of your schtick. You aren't based in reality.

• Locked thread