Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

mandatory lesbian posted:

the theme is one is fire, one is grass, and one is water

except of course in yellow, where the theme was one sucks and the other is eevee but gently caress you MC

I like pikachu, it's adorable and I want to give it tummy rubs. I don't care if its not strong and too popular. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Filthy Haiku posted:

I like pikachu, it's adorable and I want to give it tummy rubs. I don't care if its not strong and too popular. :unsmith:

yellow is my fav gen one game (well if we discount the tcg game of course) and i always keep pikachu with me until the end but sometimes i wonder how cool would it have been if you could get eevee

thank god Colosseum 2 finally let me live my dream

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

pikachu is cute and i like it

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Pikachu should be able to learn Surf naturally, then I would like it way more.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

yellow is my fav gen one game (well if we discount the tcg game of course) and i always keep pikachu with me until the end but sometimes i wonder how cool would it have been if you could get eevee

thank god Colosseum 2 finally let me live my dream

Someone should do a romhack of that maybe

Though you'd never be allowed to evolve your eevee so maybe not

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
If Eevee was the actual starter Pokémon, I'd like them to make it evolve once normally, but have its second evolution based on how it's raised Digimon-style.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

Someone should do a romhack of that maybe

the story as told by that one little brother from the anime

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

corn in the bible posted:

Or just not into Jolteon, only Flareon and Vaporeon

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ruggington posted:

pikachu is cute and i like it

i do too but raichu is a straight upgrade

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

sharrrk posted:

i do too but raichu is a straight upgrade

oh yeah def

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

less laughter posted:

i mean because the engine can't support changing your following pokemon, it always has to look the same. it'd be possible to edit the sprites and stuff but not add in that functionality

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I wanted Sun and Passimian is also in that. :dance:

I wonder what I should do to pass two months, though. I won't be able to get all of my Pokemon bred properly and have good natures until Bank syncs up with it.

I hope I don't restart the game before then and forget to box my Ash-Greninja. Assuming it's not exclusive to Sun/Moon, of course.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Pikachu only really falls down right at the end of the game, it handles itself just fine once it get Thunderbolt. Also you can still get Eevee in Celadon City, it's the only game in the series where you can obtain all starters in a whole gen without trading (unless you get lucky with Friend Safaris).

But if you're using Pikachu then there's no need to use Jolteon and Flareon unfortunately only has Strength and Hyper Beam to use with its high Attack, so Vaporeon is the more consistent choice.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

at least flareon's got 110 sp.atk in gen 1

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

and just like that, Incineroar is the best starter.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i dont know what that ben 10 is but incineroar is the best starter

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rath, the best Ben 10 alien. He's a tiger man from beyond the stars who acts like a wrestler and begins sentences with "LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING" even when it's a perfectly normal conversation.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Guys stop making me feel too old for Pokemon by posting your opinions on "best Ben 10 alien."

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i dont think looking like a childs tv show from after 2004 is good enough to matter, but you be you

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Right, Pokemon should be reminiscent of a child's TV show from before 2004.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

yeah, cuz then i'll know what it is

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
my childhood matters more then yours, kiddo

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Exactly, like the wrestle cat which is reminiscent of Tiger Mask, from 1969

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I just wanted to draw a humorous comparison between two similar characters and y'all had to make it weird.

El Burbo posted:

Exactly, like the wrestle cat which is reminiscent of Tiger Mask, from 1969

yes, and the shiny form is Jyushin Liger.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

my childhood matters more then yours, kiddo

This but unironically.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

TFRazorsaw posted:

and just like that, Incineroar is the best starter.

This makes so much sense.

I might consider my "never pick Fire" policy.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
No offense, but SA membership tends to run on the older side. It shouldn't really surprise you that most of us don't know Ben 10 besides "Oh, I've seen a commercial or something for it once".

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the hell is ben ten

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

No offense, but SA membership tends to run on the older side. It shouldn't really surprise you that most of us don't know Ben 10 besides "Oh, I've seen a commercial or something for it once".

not really what I meant, but also, do we really have to prolong this?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ben 10? more like bad 10

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel like i was somehow slipped drugs in the past 30 minutes and that's why i'm seeing people going Actually, That Cartoon Is Too Young For Me And I Don't Understand It in the fuckin pokemon thread of all things

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

i feel like i was somehow slipped drugs in the past 30 minutes and that's why i'm seeing people going Actually, That Cartoon Is Too Young For Me And I Don't Understand It in the fuckin pokemon thread of all things

pokemon has been around for 20 years

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i just wanted to joke about being too old to get the new kids show reference, im way too sober for this

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I'm still hoping someone will tell me what it is

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It's a Cartoon Network series about this 10-year-old named Ben Tennyson who gets a watch that contains DNA of a bunch of aliens. He then goes on adventures with his spellcaster cousin and his MIB agent grandfather. It's kinda like 'Dial H for Hero' in some ways.

It was decent enough, but all of the sequel series were ehhhh.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Yeah, the sequel series are divisive. Rath at least seems to be one of the elements that's regarded well enough though, on account of being amusing.

I DUNNO I just thought the dumb rasslecats being similar was funny.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

the story as told by that one little brother from the anime

less laughter posted:

Does anyone have a link to that redub where they're constantly ragging on one of the older brothers for picking a bad evolution? I don't remember which one was considered the bad one.

Dexie posted:

I hope the guardians can be captured during the story and aren't a post-game thing. :swoon:

I hope I don't have to capture them because I don't want to waste time in the middle of the story soft resetting for a good one.

Dr. Fetus posted:

I wouldn't have a problem with scaling exp if it only scaled up, not down. Especially considering that Game Freak is encouraging people to go up to level 100 with Hyper Training.

Yeah this is my biggest concern.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Do the Gen 1 re-releases have all the glitches in tact?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I hope I don't have to capture them because I don't want to waste time in the middle of the story soft resetting for a good one.

Well at least IVs can be somewhat fixed now. But yeah, there's been nothing on how to adjust for Natures. At least a 1 in 25 chance is better than a chance for rolling for a good set of IVs, I suppose.

There's a Join Avenue equivalent in this game, and some of the shops in B2W2's version could level up your Pokemon pretty fast. If there's something like that in Sun and Moon, that shouldn't make the grind to 100 too bad.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Apparently they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

i caught a mew in the yellow rerelease, so you tell me