Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm worried that the pvp arena will make covenant items harder to get because less people will be doing in world pvp and I never finished grinding all those for the plat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

it's too bad bloodborne didn't get a pvp arena, that woulda been so sick

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

it's too bad bloodborne didn't get a pvp arena, that woulda been so sick

I think they kinda wanted the sinister root chalices to be like arenas but you're right a real area would've been awesome. You could do really sick WWE dress up matches with boss clothes

Here we have an honorable duel between father gascione and the lady Maria but !! Where did that cannon blast come from??? OH NO ITS THE FORGOTTEN MADMEN!!!!!!

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

❤️ bloodborne ❤️

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Speaking of WWE, my PVP guy is named HHH so if anybody wants to make Shawn Michaels or Chyna or both we could do 2v2/3v3 as Degeneration X.

Soral
May 30, 2009

In Training posted:

I'm worried that the pvp arena will make covenant items harder to get because less people will be doing in world pvp and I never finished grinding all those for the plat

arena victories ought to give out the appropriate covenant items. just my opinion

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Soral posted:

arena victories ought to give out the appropriate covenant items. just my opinion

They won't because you can Pve farm all of the covenant turn ins

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benny D posted:

They won't because you can Pve farm all of the covenant turn ins

They should, anyway

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

drat poise really does work now, i just tried wearing armor for once and i can swing right through big hits from 2h knights in lothric and cathedral knights. VIT is useful cool

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah or don't get hit. I mean that's a thing you can also do. Just not getting hit I mean.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm kinda glad I beat the game in NG once and then left it alone till now because its cool not really remembering a lot of stuff like half of Abyss Watcher's moveset

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

Yeah or don't get hit. I mean that's a thing you can also do. Just not getting hit I mean.

for big weapons it's nice cause everything usually interrupts you

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i found horace

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This DLC makes me want to kill myself

Soral
May 30, 2009

i hope larry is okay during his probe, and doesnt kill himself because of the dlc

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
DLC boss is kicking my rear end so I started soloing through rest of the game. Went to Aldritch and beat him up in just four tries.

edit: Just beat Dancer solo... I feel very powerful.

jyrque fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 30, 2016

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

drat poise really does work now, i just tried wearing armor for once and i can swing right through big hits from 2h knights in lothric and cathedral knights. VIT is useful cool

yeah it's helpful now for big weapons especially

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dancer is one of my favorite boss fights

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Entered the DLC at SL25 last night and made it to the Captain's Ashes before I was brutally murdered in 1 hit. This is gonna be good but I should probably get a few undead bone shards before I continue.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Entered the DLC at SL25 last night and made it to the Captain's Ashes before I was brutally murdered in 1 hit. This is gonna be good but I should probably get a few undead bone shards before I continue.

i did it at about 30-35 myself , the main boss is epic so you will probably need a lot of estus shards even with a lot of skill

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
this dlc is destroying me I love it

are the crow feather weapons any good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the dlc really nailed the sense of dread in exploring new areas, i loved it and can't wait to tackle it again in NG+ with this dude, embered up and dealing with invasions. one of the opening scenes where the floor crumbles beneath you and you're being surrounded by increasing numbers of cunning wolves and horrible tree demons induced such a loving panic it's so good

it's a short DLC, but definitely short and sweet. like theres not a moment that i felt was lackluster or just kind of annoying like with the BB DLC, and the dark souls 1 dlc was practically a tiny hub connecting a bunch of bosses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still haven't beaten the boss because Titanfall came out

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

You get distracted from DS3 really easily dude

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Bruh... drop a titan on it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

Bruh... drop a titan on it.

That would be awesome

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was busy all weekend, and prob won't get a chance to play until tomorrow, but last night i had a dream about beating the DLC boss

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i usually get better if i take a few days off playing and come back, but holy poo poo i stunk it up in my last few attempts against the dlc boss. i was having trouble getting to phase 2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i usually get better if i take a few days off playing and come back, but holy poo poo i stunk it up in my last few attempts against the dlc boss. i was having trouble getting to phase 2.

Phase 2 keeps kicking my rear end as well. Ive turned around on the fight though and i love it so I don't mind trying a bunch. Its the first DSIII boss thats really kicking my rear end other than Nameless

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i love the fight. i struggle the most with phase 3, but maybe struggle isnt really the right word/. i die to phase 3 when i die to the boss, rather

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
personally, i think stage 2 should have more health. not to mention u can bleed the big guy really easily which takes a massive chunk . its the best phase but its also so short

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I also really like the other boss. i can see it being underrated in the future though and you can just break his shield with a kick over and over if you want to take the easy way out of the first phase

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I really wish the level was a little bigger though ... the old hunters didnt cost much more and that was practically 4x the size. but you could easily argue like the old hunters is basically priceless anyway.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Tane

Jordbo
Mar 5, 2013

Bloodborne and the Old Hunters were invaluable gifts to mankind

but Dark Souls III and Ashes of Ariandel are pretty good too - the DLC was very, very pretty and I liked the wolves :dogout: aroooooo

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

My only wish would be expanding on The Depths of the Painting area. All the ice looks so good

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm hoping the second dlc is much larger becase honestly this one seems like something that didn't get finished for the main game. Also we already know what the second one is going to be and that place can't be this small

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Feel like there should have been another boss in this DLC. Maybe they thought 3 phases would make us not feel that way.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They put like 4 bosses in one which is pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

They put like 4 bosses in one which is pretty cool

all awesome bosses too, especially maria and kos. honestly impretty bummed out by one boss and a regular enemy with a boss healthbar lol

• Locked thread