Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Servaetes posted:

Are they in little bunkers or something?

Yeah, they're like... half-bowls, or something? Might be just to block the lighting.

stump collector posted:

lux needs a lot of cdr and/or ap to do anything at all. maybe he's trying to help riot promote the new lux skin

She's very feast-or-famine compared to the other AP supports. Vel'Koz has true damage, Brand has %HP, Zyra has her plants' scaling, and Lux... doesn't have any of that.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

stump collector posted:

krepo just mentioned lux, mf, zyra support as possible picks

lux
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=wraithna

but neither corejj nor wolf have publically played it so i suspect we don't see it

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

hoping for urgot tonight

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
This stage setup is pretty cool.

Is this a best of 5?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Chris de Sperg posted:

http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=wraithna

but neither corejj nor wolf have publically played it so i suspect we don't see it

You never know. With a Worlds final like this, I'd be surprised if no one had a few aces to pull out of their sleeves. The MF pick came completely out of the blue.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

why would they design the booths to hide the teams from a) the crowd and b) each other :confused:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

They explained the clamshells as how they're preventing the players from seeing the display jumbotrons.

It lets them put the players on the stage instead of tucked up to one side which is how they did it back in season 3.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
i like the part of the stage setup where instead of putting the teams in the middle of the stage and facing them away from each other, they made a giant empty area the size of the basketball court and put the players in a half igloo

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Vermain posted:

You never know. With a Worlds final like this, I'd be surprised if no one had a few aces to pull out of their sleeves. The MF pick came completely out of the blue.
yeah but why would you have one of your players spam it that hard, it's too loving obvious and they're just gonna spend a ban on it if wraith comes in

yasuo and urgot mid, mf and varus adc are the most likely pocket picks from samsung

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Could they project the rift on that court?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Chris de Sperg posted:

yasuo and urgot mid, mf and varus adc are the most likely pocket picks from samsung

Man, I'd fly through the roof if a loving Urgot won a Worlds game in 2016.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Alris posted:

Is this a best of 5?
Yes

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Bell_ posted:

Could they project the rift on that court?

would be upside down for half the people there

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Let's see if Wolf's got something special for us.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
I really hope we see some variety in this series when it comes to champion pool.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Teikanmi posted:

i like the part of the stage setup where instead of putting the teams in the middle of the stage and facing them away from each other, they made a giant empty area the size of the basketball court and put the players in a half igloo

What the gently caress

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I'm going to prophecise the end of this:

SKT is going to lose one match, probably the first one.

Then they stomp and win.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
ban mf into letting them first pic zyra? I mean i know skt is kind of known for letting their opponents get comfort picks game 1 but at that point it seems like you shoulda just not wasted a ban on mf.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

ban mf into letting them first pic zyra? I mean i know skt is kind of known for letting their opponents get comfort picks game 1 but at that point it seems like you shoulda just not wasted a ban on mf.

agreed

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Teikanmi posted:

How about now?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I love how ridiculously tactical even the first minute of the game is for both of these teams.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

keevo posted:

How about now?

still just a giant empty space with a bunch of grey floor mats

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

Is the color washed out?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
the faker strategy: spend 80 mana and take 20 damage from wraiths, earning nothing

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Only thing I can really think of is they wanted to force them to burn a first pick on zyra

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
oh it's a minimap wtf

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

lmao cuvee

stump collector
May 28, 2007
go samsung

stump collector
May 28, 2007
C R O W N

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Faker looked maaaaad

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
skt team comp is built around bengi carrying 1v5 so this is pretty good for skt overall

stump collector
May 28, 2007
dying to a minion auto after you attempted a greedy late flash is the most frustrating thing in the game imo

Bo Berry
Sep 21, 2011

Easy breezy beautiful colored world I'm in love with you
R-O-Y-G-B-I-V your colors are a comedy
Crown's killing it but Ambition is getting relentlessly hosed

stump collector
May 28, 2007
btw if bengi keeps this up then he's better than faker

sorry everyone

it's true

stump collector
May 28, 2007
god loving drat SKT just cleaned the map up in a span of 2 minutes

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
probably gg already

bengi just runs into viktor with ori ult and karma shield and murders him and doesn't give a gently caress about cc

stump collector
May 28, 2007
strange flash ghost ult whiff from faker

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Faker's loving furious right now, holy smokes

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Good job from Duke to force the Samsung cowards out of the thunderdome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmark