Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

sebmojo posted:

ikr.

tell me if you work out how to use the controller in skyUI to give stuff to your followers. Lydia needs to get pimped.

e; putting frostfall, wet and cold, and I need in the opening mod lineup was good and tasteful
It's the back button.

I installed a sound overhaul and now holy poo poo my footsteps are deafening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

dwarf74 posted:

It's the back button.

I installed a sound overhaul and now holy poo poo my footsteps are deafening.

(Insert "mod makers are fat" joke here.)

Other than that, go to your audio settings ingame. Footsteps have their own slider.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Agents are GO! posted:

(Insert "mod makers are fat" joke here.)

Other than that, go to your audio settings ingame. Footsteps have their own slider.

Whoa thank you. Mind blown. Only played like 900 hours and never saw that :gonk:

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
Was enjoying myself quite a bit until I got to ustengrav and ran into some nasty texture/shadow flickering glitch that made the area unplayable. I tried some ini edits and updated my gfx drivers but it's still hosed.
Game definitely looks better than the original vanilla game, but not so much against a fully modded setup.
I also have to run my fov higher to get the same feel as og skyrim... Same as for fo4.
Sperg and uncapper settings are the only things I really need to have. I ran with ordinator and did have fun with it though.
Looking forward to the future for this... just have to wait a year or three for skseSe.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

1200 hours. :smuggo:

If its the SSE version of Immersive Sounds, let me know how well that works. Its my go-to sound mod on Oldrim, so I'd like to know.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Agents are GO! posted:

1200 hours. :smuggo:

If its the SSE version of Immersive Sounds, let me know how well that works. Its my go-to sound mod on Oldrim, so I'd like to know.
So far so good apart from weird volume issues here and there. It's not compressed, either, so it's clearer than default.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Also it's weird to play Skyrim without any crashes. Missing mods or no, this is my go-to now. It also looks better while running more smoothly despite my gfx card technically being worse than the minimum. And that's even after pushing settings higher than recommended.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Ugh, I think I have to make room on the SSD to reinstall this on that drive. There's a bunch of stuttering going on as the game streams data from my HDD, which also sounds like it's about to kick the bucket any day now. :saddowns:

edit: The female cultist armor mesh included in Realistic Female Armor Overhaul appears to be slightly bugged. The other armors I put on my character looked as they should with the mod, but the effect on the cultist armor was the exact opposite and made her look like she had been modeled by the average Nexus user. I deleted the mesh and everything seems to work fine now.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Oct 30, 2016

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
SKSE team posted earlier today that they're working on an updated version of Skyrim Script Extender for the Special Edition. No timeframe, but they're doing it!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
So mods from original Skyrim won't work with the Special Edition, is that what I've been reading? We're going to have to wait for every mod to get "ported" over? The modding community has been split? I swear, I read interviews that claimed the opposite.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Is img-timeline still probatable? Because the last few page have me wanting to post img-timeline.

Edit: because seriously folks, this isn't USPol or some other thread that gets like 100 pages in a day. Read the last couple pages before posting.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Node posted:

So mods from original Skyrim won't work with the Special Edition, is that what I've been reading? We're going to have to wait for every mod to get "ported" over? The modding community has been split? I swear, I read interviews that claimed the opposite.

Some mods just need to be opened in the new Creation Kit or whatever it's called and resaved so they should be available almost immediately (and many are already). Others, specifically anything depending on SKSE will take some time since SKSE needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. (According to a post or two back, the team is working on it, but there's no estimated time. Probably best to think in terms of months, though).

Oh and Arthmoor has decided that this is the right time to poo poo Oblivion Gates all over everything again, apparently.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Node posted:

Todd Howard lied, modding died.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Agents are GO! posted:

Todd Howard lied, modding died.

Alternatively, modders understand Bethesda's engine more than Bethesda themselves do.

Because they're bugfuck (and gently caress bug obsessed), batshit insane.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I like it. I've just been chucking mods on from the 30 or so they have at the moment, and it's pleasantly seamless not even having to go to Steam. You click on a few squares and then you're in a vastly different game. They've also done a p decent job of mod curation. Particuarly the open cities, frostfall, camping combo. I've only played one of the content mods, but luckily it's the lost city mod, which is amazing (though they're wordy motherfuckers to be sure).

oh and they've fixed shadows, which I struggled with on the original version.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

I assume there's not a whole lot of point in jumping onto the Skyrim Special Edition wagon yet, and its better to let qa few weeks go past and let everyone patch out the bugs?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Tindahbawx posted:

I assume there's not a whole lot of point in jumping onto the Skyrim Special Edition wagon yet, and its better to let qa few weeks go past and let everyone patch out the bugs?

Why do we even have an OP.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Is there any benefit to using the Bethesda Mod Manager, or should I just keep downloading from Nexus and using Mod Organizer?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Devorum posted:

Is there any benefit to using the Bethesda Mod Manager, or should I just keep downloading from Nexus and using Mod Organizer?

Mod Organizer doesn't work with SE, does it?

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

No, it doesn't. I just assumed it had ported already, and was very wrong.

I think I'll just wait for mod support to get sorted out and play vanilla until then.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It doesn't. NMM got updated to work for the SE, but neither mod manager is going to be updated anymore. The MO creator is now on Nexus's staff, and they're all working on a new mod manager that will have features from both, with better coding under the hood.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
Really, as long as something doesn't add new scripts that haven't been compiled in the new ck or require skse it could potentially work.
I've installed a few things from my non se install that seem to be working as expected...
Skyrim realistic archery
Cloaks of skyrim with HD cloaks
Any personal spells I've made and added to vendor lists.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Yeah Ive slowly been testing out retextures, and they all look very nice in the new rendering engine.

One advantage of the new engine: Self-shadowing! Most noticable in loading screens.

GunnerJ posted:

Why do we even have an OP.

Certainly not for reading.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 30, 2016

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

One advantage of the new engine: Self-shadowing! Most noticable in loading screens.

What's this now.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Objects can cast shadows on themselves, which I don't belive the Oldrim engine can do. It's easiest to notice on the loading screens, like on the glass mace or the Dark Brotherhood assassin.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Self-shadows is a vanilla Skyrim option. It just looked really bad in vanilla Skyrim because the shadow rendering in general wasn't the best.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I'm so happy they detached Shadow quality from Shadow distance, I always hated having to have shadows disappear 10 feet in front of my character in order to have them not look like jaggy blurry crap.

I'm also happy they apparently made arrows shoot wherever your 3rd person cross hair is now, I put it so it's centered and above my head and poo poo is still spot on, I remember wasting so much time trying to get this right.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Tindahbawx posted:

I'll be honest - I'm not going back at this point. Being crash-free feels like a luxury worth a hundred SPERGs. It's less buggy now than the base game.

Open Cities runs without a performance hit, too. I find that a bit hard to believe, but it's true.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah the new engine is awesome. Spawned 200 NPCs without a crash. :getin:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Does Live Another Life introduce any weird Sperguson stuff?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

Does Live Another Life introduce any weird Sperguson stuff?

iirc the only stuff like that could be in whatever some of these starts use to replace the opening quest, which are usually nbd, just "go here, then here."

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Great, thanks! Given Arthmoor's rep I wasn't sure if he'd take liberties.

Orv
May 4, 2011
IIRC he started loving with it at one point and the outcry was large enough because it's one of the essentials that he stopped.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

There aren't any mods out that allow jumping from sprint, are there?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Basic Chunnel posted:

For the regular game, better jumping is a simple skse plugin that does this

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

The only mod I know about that lets you do that is Better Jumping, which is an SKSE plugin, so we probably won't see it in SE any time soon.

e: Beaten like a FILTHY WORM

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 30, 2016

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Is there a ps4 skyrim thread? I'm on mobile and can't find it

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

I think we're going to need a thread rule about whether a post concerns OldSkyrim or SkyrimSE (and which platform when it's the latter).

OldSkyrim has Beter Jumping.
There's no such mod for SkyrimSE, though I think meh321 planning on working to bring his mods over.

Edit: Beaten as well.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Schubalts posted:

Self-shadows is a vanilla Skyrim option. It just looked really bad in vanilla Skyrim because the shadow rendering in general wasn't the best.

Pretty sure that was from ENB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Hamburger Test posted:

Pretty sure that was from ENB.

No, it was certainly a vanilla feature, and like Schubalts said, it looked loving awful. Which is probably why you associate with with ENB; that is the only way to ever make them look not terrible.