Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Super officially has the same number of total episodes as GT now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Raxivace posted:

Probably safe to say that this show has gone a little better

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, the absolute worst moments of Super (probably the clone vegeta episodes) are still miles better than the best parts of GT.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Copy-Vegeta better be Xenoverse 2 DLC.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...What even are the best parts of GT? I can't think of anything in it I respond to more positively than "meh."

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Spiritus Nox posted:

...What even are the best parts of GT? I can't think of anything in it I respond to more positively than "meh."
Super 17 was kind of cool, I guess? But I have the same reaction as you, GT was pretty forgettable. At least we got to see Vegeta using a baby pacifier in the Super filler.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Oct 30, 2016

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Super 17 has a part where Goku learns about his gimmick but keeps doing it anyway. So it sucked too.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, the absolute worst moments of Super (probably the clone vegeta episodes) are still miles better than the best parts of GT.

I mean say what you will of that weird clone poo poo, it's still not as bad as taking two perfectly serviceable films and wasting 27 episodes disemboweling them. The FIRST 27 episodes.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

Super 17 has a part where Goku learns about his gimmick but keeps doing it anyway. So it sucked too.

True, true, it's futile to try to defend GT.

Oh, wait!!! The best part of GT was when Nappa was brought back to life and Vegeta immediately kills him.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Piccolo becomes the warden of hell or something, doesn't he? That's a neat idea that I have absolutely no intention of tarnishing by watching GT again.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Not gonna lie, I was thinking how Black would be able to take on Vegeta after getting curbstomped (I know I know, Vegeta is prince of jobbers) and 9 goddamn Goku Blacks was not the answer I was expecting.

Overall great episode.

Also goddamn it Goku. That is so HIM that he would forget to bring the tailsman. I mean good set up too. Zamasu was very much away from his bf so it was all good.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Piccolo becomes the warden of hell or something, doesn't he? That's a neat idea that I have absolutely no intention of tarnishing by watching GT again.

He is in hell and fights them all because why not.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah that's probably the only good thing about GT. PIccolo sacrifices himself and stands like a boss when Earth has to be blown up.

And then he forces King Yenma to put him in Hell so he can help Goku. Then he stays there.

Imagine that, the Demon King basically fighting hell for eternity.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Oct 30, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rodyle posted:

I mean say what you will of that weird clone poo poo, it's still not as bad as taking two perfectly serviceable films and wasting 27 episodes disemboweling them. The FIRST 27 episodes.

Eh. Taken on their own the first episodes of DBS are really not that bad, aside from some genuinely bad animation. If you're not stuck waiting weekly for them they work pretty well and allow for setup that otherwise wasn't there in the movies. And I like Super's RoF more than I like the film version.

In comparison the first batch of GT episodes were the godawful space adventures bullshit and if you asked me if I'd take the BoG/RoF arcs of Super or those I'd take the Super arcs in a heartbeat.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Oct 30, 2016

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

Eh. Taken on their own the first episodes of DBS are really not that bad, aside from some genuinely bad animation. If you're not stuck waiting weekly for them they work pretty well and allow for setup that otherwise wasn't there in the movies. And I like Super's RoF more than I like the film version.

In comparison the first batch of GT episodes were the godawful space adventures bullshit and if you asked me if I'd take the BoG/RoF arcs of Super or those I'd take the Super arcs in a heartbeat.

But that one metal robot was stronger then Kid Buu!

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

There was also that time in GT when Vegeta shaved his mustache, because Bra told him it looked terrible.

That said, Piccolo should still use the mafuba on Dragonball GT, or Shenlong needs to collectively wipe our memories of it ever existing.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Oct 30, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Weeelllll...

Dan Dan kokoro > Choujetsu Dynamic

And that's all I'm giving GT.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dan Dan and Blue Velvet are the only things I remember fondly of DBGT, period.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Super 17 had a whole lot of dumb. Like as cool as Piccolo going to Hell itself to save Goku SOUNDS, it ignores the fact that people, including Goku himself, have gotten out of it easily. And that Kibito Kai could teleport him out of there. And that Goku can teleport out by himself. And Piccolo and Dende had to do a pointlessly silly chant to get Goku out of Hell. The only interesting part that comes of this is at the very end of the series, where we do indeed see Piccolo fighting villains in Hell.

Or the whole... Super 17 thing in the first place. Like Gero and Myu making another 17 in a hellcave, with a box of hellscraps. That can somehow link to regular 17 and mind control him. Or the fantastic line, "17 was always meant to be stronger than Cell." Plus the animation during the Super 17 fight is worse than even the worst of Super's. And the previously mentioned "Goku learned the gimmick and kept doing the same thing anyway."

The best I can give it is that it made Chi-chi actually try to go out and help Goku. For as pointless as that was.

While we're on the topic of complaining about stupid decisions, god drat it Roshi you didn't put the seal on the jar! Smart of Bulma and Piccolo though, to record how to use the Mafuba and then have Trunks learn it. Also I'm already starting to miss Black's unrelenting smug.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Building another 17 in general is weird because 17 was a cyborg anyway, he was a dude they shoved robot parts into not a robot.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Zamasu x2 is already super smug from his speech he made upon coming into existence.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Every time Super cuts to showing a non-Kibito Supreme Kai I freak out a little

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

StrifeHira posted:

Or the whole... Super 17 thing in the first place. Like Gero and Myu making another 17 in a hellcave, with a box of hellscraps. That can somehow link to regular 17 and mind control him. Or the fantastic line, "17 was always meant to be stronger than Cell." Plus the animation during the Super 17 fight is worse than even the worst of Super's. And the previously mentioned "Goku learned the gimmick and kept doing the same thing anyway."
It's hilarious when you describe it that way, for sure. But man, those doctors were pretty resourceful to create a new 17 out of hellscraps, weren't they? I'd almost forgotten about the line "17 was always meant to be stronger than Cell," that's so silly that it might fall into "so bad it's good" territory. I kinda liked Super 17 because he looked like the lead singer of a grunge rock band, and he even used that dumb attack where he fired bullets from his wrist.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Oct 30, 2016

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Zamasu x2 is already super smug from his speech he made upon coming into existence.

I really liked how they used an echo effect for his voice. It kinda makes sense since they're both Zamasu, too. Zamastwo. Still going to miss Nozawa's smug Goku Black voice though.

Jedah posted:

It's hilarious when you describe it that way, for sure. But man, those doctors were pretty resourceful to create a new 17 out of hellscraps, weren't they? I'd almost forgotten about the line "17 was always meant to be stronger than Cell," that's so silly that it might fall into "so bad it's good" territory. I kinda liked Super 17 because he looked like the leader singer of a grunge rock band, and he even used that dumb attack where he fired bullets from his wrist.

Oh god I forgot about the tiny little machine gun thing. Because of course he has one, it's so stupid and pointless.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Goku Black was stupid as all hell, in hindsight.

Despite fighting with Trunks infinity times, it takes Vegeta stomping your rear end inside out to realize saiyans feed off anger????:cmon:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Rodyle posted:

Every time Super cuts to showing a non-Kibito Supreme Kai I freak out a little

I like lil babby Supreme Kai better

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aurora posted:

I like lil babby Supreme Kai better

I always thought it was sort of weird and uncomfortable how Kibito basically got randomly 'killed' especially since Kibito-Kai seemed to just be Kai in a new body instead of a fusion of the two.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I remember the fight in super 17 being hella dumb since super 17 survives a fight with ss4 goku yet, base kid goku beats him by doing a dragon punch through his stomach.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's not a matter of preference so much as I am just used to Kibito Kai.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Trunks and Mai are gonna fuse alright.
Fuse a lot.

Just not on screen

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Spiritus Nox posted:

Omega Shenron looked cool in a really 90s kinda way?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Raxivace posted:

Wow that's weird. I guess it just feels shorter because I skipped the movie recaps.
Super may have had some real lovely animation at times, but just every single fight in GT was boring as hell. There was never any sense of speed or power, everyone mostly just teleported around.
Even when GT did fun stuff like bringing back all the villains from hell it messed it up by having them all be fodder with no character. Goku's rematch with Cell and Freeza is just painful to watch. Bonus points for Goku berating them for stopping so low as to stealing moves even though stealing moves was Cell's entire thing in the first place.

Shindragon posted:

Also goddamn it Goku. That is so HIM that he would forget to bring the tailsman. I mean good set up too. Zamasu was very much away from his bf so it was all good.

Pretty interesting that while it didn't work, it scared Zamasu into fusing with Black.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Rodyle posted:

between this and General Blue she's p bad at her target choices

One's gay for men the other is gay for himself. Poor Bulma.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Trunks and Mai are gonna fuse alright.
Fuse a lot.

Just not on screen
They'll "fuse" a lot in the doujins.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I hope they fuse so much they repopulate the earth.

Another good episode. Super is really good.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Trunks mafuba poses would bring a tear to Ginyu's eye.

Such a great episode. What the hell did Black do with that rift? I thought Garlic Jr might pop out for a second.

Also looking forward to Trunks and Mai hot fusion action. That makes them what....Manks?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Something about that scene with Black's clones and the weird field they were coming from made me think we were watching the method that was used to create Buu

It's probably just a coincidence, but... it's not like we've ever seen exactly how he was created.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

snickothemule posted:

Also looking forward to Trunks and Mai hot fusion action. That makes them what....Manks?

Tri

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Goten using his planet busting abilities to pick up chicks was cool. But that was probably what Yamcha did in Z.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
ZaZamasu looks pretty dope. The Mafuba setup was probably the best part of the episode and Bulma continues to be the strongest human in DBS.

• Locked thread