Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Paladinus posted:

You're thinking European Smarties AKA real Smarties.

This is what American Smarties look like:

and I thought smarties in Australia were terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I wouldn't mind being informed, even by flyer like that, that a kid in the neighborhood has peanut allergies or whatever. I'll make the effort to have a separate hypoallergenic candy bowl. I don't need someone trying to ruin everyone else's fun though. I make an effort every year to give out the best stuff because it makes the kids happy. I don't want to see someone's reaction when I hand them carrot sticks, thank you very much.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

MrSlam posted:

"Enjoy your carrot sticks Ryan, you chode!"

Lol if you think this lady used a name like Ryan. That kid is probably called Brayden or Jayden or Leopold or some poo poo.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Funkmaster General posted:

I wouldn't mind being informed, even by flyer like that, that a kid in the neighborhood has peanut allergies or whatever. I'll make the effort to have a separate hypoallergenic candy bowl. I don't need someone trying to ruin everyone else's fun though. I make an effort every year to give out the best stuff because it makes the kids happy. I don't want to see someone's reaction when I hand them carrot sticks, thank you very much.

Barely anyone in our neighborhood trick or treats anymore so if they show up they're getting a full-sized candybar as far as I'm concerned. Not sure what the dairy, nut, gluten free alternative would be to that.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Lol if you think this lady used a name like Ryan. That kid is probably called Brayden or Jayden or Leopold or some poo poo.

I was thinking the same thing while I was typing it :respek:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Paladinus posted:

You're thinking European Smarties AKA real Smarties.

This is what American Smarties look like:

Oh, right. We call those "garbage" here in Canada.

That kid's gonna get the poo poo beaten out of him, and rightfully so.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

iajanus posted:

and I thought smarties in Australia were terrible

This is one hell of a derail but I'm all for it if I can say gently caress rockets (smarties) those unflavoured sugar tablets. What should they taste like sir? Nothing, just like my empty chest cavity.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

I want to go four levels of inception into this person's dreams and give them peanut nightmares.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Mordja posted:

Wait, don't Smarties have chocolate AKA dairy and maybe gluten and contact-with-peanuts in them? :confused:

aren't Smarties (at least in Canada) certified peanut-free? Sort of like Mars Bars with the whole separate production lines. Can't help the kid if they're lactose intolerant but then if the kid is THAT lactose intolerant the gently caress

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Aces High posted:

aren't Smarties (at least in Canada) certified peanut-free? Sort of like Mars Bars with the whole separate production lines. Can't help the kid if they're lactose intolerant but then if the kid is THAT lactose intolerant the gently caress

Nobody is THAT lactose intolerant.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Bob Quixote posted:

Jesus this is obviously just a troll.

This is, however, the age of tumblr. Poe's law, buddy.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

MrSlam posted:

You don't get the neighborhood to help you out by lecturing other people about responsible parenting.

I was fine with the note until that line. gently caress that parent, holy poo poo.

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
Hand out lactaid boxes with full size candy bars just to be safe.

Bob Quixote
Jul 7, 2006

This post has been inspected and certified by the Dino-Sorcerer

Grimey Drawer

WarpedNaba posted:

This is, however, the age of tumblr. Poe's law, buddy.

See, I'd almost be willing to believe it too except for the mention of Necco Wafers.

No one in the history of the planet has ever eaten one of those things with anything even remotely approaching enjoyment.

There's probably some weird pervert out there getting off on the thought that they'd suckered a bunch of gullible well meaning parents into feeding trick-or-treaters bottom-tier garbage candy.

That or someone made the flyer and then photographed it themselves specifically to post it online in order generate the outrage they knew it would cause from people who hate the kind of person the flyer is mocking.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

The flyer isn't the problem, honestly, it's what they expect of people that's the problem. A flyer that said, instead, "Friends, just so you know, we have some children on this block who are, unfortunately, allergic to peanuts (or whatever). If you want to be kind and inclusive, have some non-peanut options available. Thanks!"

Instead, they issue a Commandment From On-High To you, The Plebeians, To Which you Shall Adhere; Amen Forever. It's a jerky way to ask people for a favor. I would hope that the people on the block have something sweet for the child but some sharp, barbed words for the parent.

MrSlam posted:

Barely anyone in our neighborhood trick or treats anymore so if they show up they're getting a full-sized candybar as far as I'm concerned. Not sure what the dairy, nut, gluten free alternative would be to that.

Yep, since I bought my house three years ago no one comes. I see not a single child trick-or-treating. It's a sad world we live in now, friends.
I've gone from having a bowl of candy ready that first year, to having a few, full-sized loving Toblerones. If even a single, brave little poo poo comes knocking, they won't regret it.

Bob Quixote posted:

See, I'd almost be willing to believe it too except for the mention of Necco Wafers.

No one in the history of the planet has ever eaten one of those things with anything even remotely approaching enjoyment...

Hey, man, I like Necco Wafers. I'd never give them out for Halloween because I know how much of a niche taste they are, though.

Blasphemeral fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Oct 28, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The flyer was made by Bean Counter, fun fact

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Blasphemeral posted:

Hey, man, I like Necco Wafers. I'd never give them out for Halloween because I know how much of a niche taste they are, though.

I cannot trust anything you say ever again.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

prefect posted:

I cannot trust anything you say ever again.

You caught me, I do give them out for Halloween! AHAHAHAHAHA!

:rolleyes:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Blasphemeral posted:

The flyer isn't the problem, honestly, it's what they expect of people that's the problem. A flyer that said, instead, "Friends, just so you know, we have some children on this block who are, unfortunately, allergic to peanuts (or whatever). If you want to be kind and inclusive, have some non-peanut options available. Thanks!"

Instead, they issue a Commandment From On-High To you, The Plebeians, To Which you Shall Adhere; Amen Forever. It's a jerky way to ask people for a favor. I would hope that the people on the block have something sweet for the child but some sharp, barbed words for the parent.

Some parents have similar issues but approach the problem a lot better:

If you do a GIS you'll find a bunch of passive aggressive Halloween letters and signs but this is the best one:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I hope you understand that none of those are real.

pookerbug
Jan 21, 2006

the vitreous humourist

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Some parents have similar issues but approach the problem a lot better:

If you do a GIS you'll find a bunch of passive aggressive Halloween letters and signs but this is the best one:

It's astonishing that people like this survive into adulthood without being suffocated by their own self-importance.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Paladinus posted:

Boy I hope so. Otherwise I hope the person who wrote those letters got his/her house egged.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If this is going to be the topic of the thread now at least write your posts in the voice of a rick and morty character, I'm mr. meeseeks look at me

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

If this is going to be the topic of the thread now at least write your posts in the voice of a rick and morty character, I'm mr. meeseeks look at me

Snooze Cruise! You have to lick my balls! You gotta lick my balls Snooze Cruise, it's the only way for the thread to stay on-topic!
*Back to the Future theme starts playing*

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
So hey uh

How do you think Rick got into that pickle body?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MrSlam posted:

Snooze Cruise! You have to lick my balls! You gotta lick my balls Snooze Cruise, it's the only way for the thread to stay on-topic!
*Back to the Future theme starts playing*

This is more like it, uhh I'm a birdman

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/TheRealStanLee/status/792049617101807616

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Dan and Justin show up drunk and talk about Shadowrun for 45 minutes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lick my balls true believers!

E-Excelsiorrrrrr!

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Wait, is "Stan Lee's ComicCon" some sort of competing event to the normal one? Or did he just claim ownership of the event for some reason?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You'd need to buy out a few local hatcheries in order to have a sufficient supply for the egging that person's house deserves.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Wait, is "Stan Lee's ComicCon" some sort of competing event to the normal one? Or did he just claim ownership of the event for some reason?

Whatever it is, it's just an excuse for him to feed on the living and stave off death for another year.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

There's
Internally hundreds of conventions around the world called comic con. The one you call the normal one is probably San Digo Comic Con but it's not the only by far.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Paladinus posted:

Poe's law. They may or may not be real, but it's absolutely possible.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Blasphemeral posted:

Do you keep them on the table with the doily alongside the Werther's Originals and Hydrox?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

GORDON posted:

Do you keep them on the table with the doily alongside the Werther's Originals and Hydrox?

Werther's own :mad:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

How can these notes be real, when our eyes aren't real?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

kalensc posted:

You'd need to buy out a few local hatcheries in order to have a sufficient supply for the egging that person's house deserves.
Hook up a fire hose to a high pressure tank of molasses instead. Bathe that house in sugar.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Necco Wafers are legit, and 90% of people who hate them have probably never had one.

sticklefifer posted:

Hook up a fire hose to a high pressure tank of molasses instead. Bathe that house in sugar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Molasses_Flood

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Invert sugar chewy candies like Sour Patch Kids, Swedish Fish etc. are vegan, nut and gluten free, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JD
Jan 11, 2003

GORDON posted:

Riesens and sour balls thank you

• Locked thread