Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Leaf N E V E R

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

red is the only babe for me

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Zore posted:

Machamp is slow as gently caress, even scarfed, and incredibly vulnerable to 3 common attacking types. Also Fissure doesn't affect things with levitate or that are flying type.

Its like when everyone was super excited Flareon got Flare Blitz. It doesn't actually matter that mich.

At best it'll serve as a wall breaker. Though yeah, aside from that, other Fighting types can do its job better, especially with the Confusion nerf making Dynamic Punch Machamp a bit less powerful.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

that design of Green is incredible, now I'm disappointed she won't be in the game

I still can't get over how cool Decidueye is

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

El Burbo posted:

Leaf N E V E R

The best thing about this image is Leaf's shirt having '04 on it. :3:

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
WOOO '04 BABY LET'S GOOOOO

RIP Kris

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ruggington posted:

red is the only babe for me

i like karen

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Turns out when you get to the end of Sun or Moon they reveal the real Ultra Beast is YOU.

Copyright Hustlin Floh 2019

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Hustlin Floh posted:

Turns out when you get to the end of Sun or Moon they reveal the real Ultra Beast is YOU.

Copyright Hustlin Floh 2019

The real Ultra Beast was the friendships we made along the way

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

sharrrk posted:

i like karen

Strong Babes. Weak Babes. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Babes they love best.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

El Burbo posted:

Leaf N E V E R

I really want #Justice4Leaf to be a real hashtag-thing for a reason

I hope she gets some sort of representation at the Tree :smith:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Poor Leaf/Green/Blue always gets the short end of the stick, ever since the original games where she was maybe supposed to be in them but wasn't.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Leaf has a Tauros that knows Surf.

How could GameFreak forget that?

That Pikachu :3:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Zore posted:

Machamp is slow as gently caress, even scarfed, and incredibly vulnerable to 3 common attacking types. Also Fissure doesn't affect things with levitate or that are flying type.

Its like when everyone was super excited Flareon got Flare Blitz. It doesn't actually matter that mich.

It mattered enough. Especially to people who don't worry about competitive stuff. It didn't really make Flareon more competitive. It just made it make sense.
I don't need my pokemon to be strong, I just need them to be intuitive. I need my fire type with a 130 base attack to have a good physical STAB. Everything else is for Smogon to worry about.

Now to give Electrode a special-type Explosion. Because having a Pokemon whose identity involves being fast and exploding having said exploding work off of an abysmal 50 base attack...well it doesn't make much sense.
(Mind you, I don't really care too much about Electrode or exploding).

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Fissure Machamp probably won't be making waves in Smogon because OHKO moves are banned in almost all the tiers. Unless there happens to be a huge amount of power creep in Gen VII that suddenly makes them okay to use. I honestly no idea how effective it will be outside of that, but honestly, probably won't do much in other cases either.

El Burbo posted:

Poor Leaf/Green/Blue always gets the short end of the stick, ever since the original games where she was maybe supposed to be in them but wasn't.

Wasn't there like official or concept art of her, Red, and Blue all together or something? Though for some reason, it took until Crystal to implement an option to play as a girl.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Oct 30, 2016

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

Wasn't there like official or concept art of her, Red, and Blue all together or something? Though for some reason, it took until Crystal to implement an option to play as a girl.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

give electrode a new ability that makes its explosion go off its special attack but still hit physically, and also make it halve their defense stat like it used to, and also make it hit ghost types. and also make it automatically explode upon being ko'd.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

yeah

That design became her initial Pokemon Adventures design

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Ah, that's the one I was thinking of.

sharrrk posted:

give electrode a new ability that makes its explosion go off its special attack but still hit physically, and also make it halve their defense stat like it used to, and also make it hit ghost types. and also make it automatically explode upon being ko'd.

Buff Aftermath into an automatic Explosion. :unsmigghh:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

El Burbo posted:

Leaf N E V E R

I like Leaf but I don't like these fan concept. It's weird as hell for a tourist to start wearing a countries' clothes that they're visiting!! It's like the men that wear hawaiian shirts, gently caress em.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Tired Moritz posted:

I like Leaf but I don't like these fan concept. It's weird as hell for a tourist to start wearing a countries' clothes that they're visiting!! It's like the men that wear hawaiian shirts, gently caress em.

It's not weird, it's a souvenir, or she liked the style of clothing. Why is that weird?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Wearing the stereotypical clothes of another country/culture is the most touristy thing one can do. When in Rome.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

Space saving.

Not even a joke. Literally wasn't enough space on the cart in the original games to include player choice.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
That's just beach clothes so I don't really get the complaint. Like, they sell that sort of thing near every beach in the US.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tired Moritz posted:

You do realize ladies wear that wrapped skirt over a swimsuit on beaches basically everywhere on the planet when/where it's warm, right?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Captain Fargle posted:

Space saving.

Not even a joke. Literally wasn't enough space on the cart in the original games to include player choice.

Oh yeah, I can see that. Pretty sure they even stated the reason they couldn't implement multiple files was because of nicknames.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You do realize ladies wear that wrapped skirt over a swimsuit on beaches basically everywhere on the planet when/where it's warm, right?

she's not in the beach, it makes even less sense.

alolan cultural appropriation

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Isn't that sort of thing a way lots of countries make money off tourism? Along with a lot of other things I mean, but in a lot of places rental clothes are popular because people want to look the part of the place they're visiting. Tourists get to make fools of themselves by wearing "traditional" outfits that most regular people don't bother with and the locals make money off it.

Granted I don't know whether that happens in Hawaii. But the concept in general doesn't seem too weird, just sorta silly.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I like how the Pokemon Special manga used a variation of this image at the end of the first arc.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

I think you guys are vastly overestimating the usability of No Guard/Fissure Machamp. And I don't just mean in a fight, I mean getting it into the fight in the first place. Can't use it on Smogon, they ban OHKOs. Can't use it in battle spot, the unfeeling judgement of the blue pentagon (or the salmon rhombus or whatever gen 7's version is) won't allow it. You'd basically be restricted to using it against people who are able to reach over and smack you for doing it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

she's not in the beach, it makes even less sense.

alolan cultural appropriation

Beach/tropical climate near a beach/whatever. You're splittin those hairs mighty fine.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

El Burbo posted:

Leaf N E V E R

I feel like her chin is too sharp.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

What's with this dude who thinks wrap skirts only exist in Hawaii

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
If she's going to the beach then why is she wearing heels?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

LAY-ZX posted:

What's with this dude who thinks wrap skirts only exist in Hawaii

I mean it makes sense if you've never been near a lady at a pool/near a beach/out in warm, muggy summer weather and all you know about lady's fashion is slightly misremembered cultural fashion stereotypes.

dungeon cousin posted:

If she's going to the beach then why is she wearing heels?

You take them off on the sand proper but you wear some shoes getting there.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
please don't take my posts too seriously, geez!!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I really want to see Phoebe make a guest appearance in the game. That would be great.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Tired Moritz posted:

It's weird as hell for a tourist to start wearing a countries' clothes that they're visiting!! It's like the men that wear hawaiian shirts, gently caress em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Tired Moritz posted:

i aint complaining