Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Lemon-Lime posted:

Needing to lead with it means it's useless against moving pilots or at range (except against static targets), even if it has zero recoil and near-pinpoint hipfire, and the lack of spread and overheat mechanics actually work against it in CQB. It also seems to do pretty low damage given those disadvantages.

It's probably one of those weapons where you can do well with it once you learn how much you need to lead by, but until then, it's at a disadvantage at every range.

Gotta leave room for DLC announcers. :v:

e; do we have hard stats for stuff yet? I'm wondering whether to switch Entangled Energy out for Grand Cannon on Ion, since I enjoy the Macross reference.

I was wrecking dudes with it at close/medium range last night. :shrug: Felt good as soon as I picked it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Do weapons/etc. take more xp to level up with each level? Aka is cycling through lowest level weapons/titans faster to crank through pilot levels?
Know what gives xp for that stuff - I assume I have to kill things with that weapon/titan to level them? Can I farm grunts and stuff with the pistols I don't actually wanna use to level em?

Game is fun yo.

I had some luck with the pilot wall shield, right spot in some of the corridor-ey spots on maps with a longer range weapon and you can mow folks down quick, yeah ttk is low anyway but it means a couple bullets you have to land from a distance. Also neat for the one time I was getting shot from behind while wallrunning and turned around, threw it below me, hit the ground quick behind the shield and wrecked the dude chasing me. Just tinkered around with it a little, seems more situational but in the right spot guarantees you'll be the one getting the kill.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Didn't play the first game, but now I'm curious about the sequel

Is it fun? On a scale of "it's alright i guess" to "makes me cum" how good is it?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Maybe just a little underneath makes you cum? The game will make you feel absolutely amazing and frequently think that this was the best thing you've done when you're running around 3 walls and sliding behind a guy to get a kill.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Zzulu posted:

Didn't play the first game, but now I'm curious about the sequel

Is it fun? On a scale of "it's alright i guess" to "makes me cum" how good is it?

The singleplayer is short but great fun, with solid set pieces and writing.

The multiplayer has great mobility and solid shootfeel. Some of the maps are less good then others but overall I would give it a 955/1000

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Game is really fuckin cool and fun. I really enjoyed TF1 but kind of glossed over this until I heard the critical reception and now I'm glad I didn't miss out (I call this the DOOM effect)

I will agree map design doesn't feel as good as TF1 but the mechanics feel a whole lot tighter and the grappling hook is amazing fun. I love jumping out of windows while being chased, 180 latching onto the wall above it, then clinging to the wall and blasting the person chasing me.

The alternator is taking over from the CAR as my preferred run and gun weapon, the additional damage it does makes it feel a lot more effective.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Dear lord trying to get my score up on the gauntlet and I cannot get under 37 seconds. Finding the grenade launcher really helps, but I can't ever seem to keep up my momentum through that first room of cover and dudes. I"LL GET YOU YET LASTIMOSTA.

Side note, there's a grenade launcher above the target range. You can get it if you mantle up onto the highest gun rack near the opening towards the targets. Jump out towards the targets and then double jump back up towards the external part of that ring. It's hanging on the edge of the ring.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

teh_Broseph posted:

Do weapons/etc. take more xp to level up with each level? Aka is cycling through lowest level weapons/titans faster to crank through pilot levels?
Know what gives xp for that stuff - I assume I have to kill things with that weapon/titan to level them? Can I farm grunts and stuff with the pistols I don't actually wanna use to level em?

Game is fun yo.

I had some luck with the pilot wall shield, right spot in some of the corridor-ey spots on maps with a longer range weapon and you can mow folks down quick, yeah ttk is low anyway but it means a couple bullets you have to land from a distance. Also neat for the one time I was getting shot from behind while wallrunning and turned around, threw it below me, hit the ground quick behind the shield and wrecked the dude chasing me. Just tinkered around with it a little, seems more situational but in the right spot guarantees you'll be the one getting the kill.

Killing pilots or titans gives you one pip of XP for weapons. Grunts do not give XP. Yes, higher levels do take more XP. Secondaries need less XP than primaries to level.

Titan XP isn't directly based on kills. Instead you get 1 XP every time you earn a Titan or core.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I want to try out the other titans but at this point I'm G2.13 with Ion and I can't stop :ohdear:

It feels so loving good when you twitch your mouse and snap kill a pilot with the laser shot.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I want to try out the other titans but at this point I'm G2.13 with Ion and I can't stop :ohdear:

It feels so loving good when you twitch your mouse and snap kill a pilot with the laser shot.

At what level do titans regen?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

The laser also does a ton of damage to titans, it's probably the best shoulder weapon.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Daztek posted:

At what level do titans regen?

The wording is a little weird because you don't actually 'regenerate' your titans. At level 20 it turns into "G1" and from there it goes from G1.1-20 before you hit G2. You don't actually lose your progress or start again.

Lemon-Lime posted:

The laser also does a ton of damage to titans, it's probably the best shoulder weapon.

Also this. Getting a crit with laser shot does obscene damage. You can bring down a ronin or northstar to under 50% with 2 well aimed hits.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sultan Tarquin posted:

The wording is a little weird because you don't actually 'regenerate' your titans. At level 20 it turns into "G1" and from there it goes from G1.1-20 before you hit G2. You don't actually lose your progress or start again.

Aha, my Legion is level 20, one more level!

Legion's power shot is also pretty good and the Smart Core is just hilarious. It's just game over for any pilot in range :allears:

Orv
May 4, 2011
What are the Titan crit points? I'd assume eye at least.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Orv posted:

The bits that glow red when the shield is stripped, so basically the torso.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Orv posted:

Usually it's the cockpit/eyeball. I'm not sure if they added more weak points, but those are known for sure.

I keep trying to use Northstar because I love railguns, but I don't think it matches with my play style of "grapple enemy titan and try to drop my titan on it while yanking its battery"

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I wish there was a easier way to get parties running. In networks its hard to tell whether the chat is actually updating for everyone and I presume it doesn't throw up a network invite unless everyone is on the main multiplayer screen and not on one of the customization ones.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's Sunday afternoon, where are all the EU players? :argh:

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's Sunday afternoon, where are all the EU players? :argh:

Thats the other thing, I can't choose which network to be in between LLJK and BRXT, since I get decent pings either way.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

If you're a Euro then join BRXT.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Gunder posted:

If you're a Euro then join BRXT.

Except there are two people online on BRXT vs 10 in LLJK

You see the dilemma

Arianya fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 30, 2016

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
The network thing has gotta just be for social/party stuff not for actual pings of matchmaking, otherwise it'd be super easy to pick a "network" you never find a game on.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

It tries to match you with people in your networks, and then if it can't it just throws you into general matchmaking. It's a way to set preferred player groups without murdering matchmaking overall. That's how the devs explained it in a design blog thing if I remember right.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Conot posted:

Except there are two people online on BRXT vs 10 in LLJK

You see the dilemma

The BRXT happy hour is 9pm GMT if that makes it any easier.

Edit: Tonight it's 8pm because the daylight savings change over hosed it.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I just had a match in which I was able to use 3 Smart Cores with one titan, that's wasn't very smart of the opposing team :cool:

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Have the devs said anything about when a patch to fix this data center bug may be forthcoming? I'm on the verge of tears.

e: I've fixed it in the dumbest way

black.lion fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 30, 2016

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Daztek posted:

I just had a match in which I was able to use 3 Smart Cores with one titan, that's wasn't very smart of the opposing team :cool:
I love games like that. Pyro cores with Scorch are hilarious. Pubbies thinking Legion is so great with all that extra HP and gun shield, then they cluster up and- :supaburn:

Nobody seems to have mentioned it yet in the thread, you can change your Titan loadout at any time during Campaign, but your abilities share a cooldown unfortunately.

My personal favorite is tossing out Scorch canisters, lighting them up with his ability, then switching to another loadout with a better primary to keep firing to do some deliciously disgusting damage, or at least make the AI dodge and run like crazy.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Smart core owns because it means unless the other players have auto eject they're also going to be goosed :D

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I would like to share a dick move I discovered with Northstar. Equip the ability that gives you two tethers per use, throw them on clustered up enemy titans and then boost in and nuclear eject. Call in your new Northstar as soon as you hit the ground.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Yeah, unlike most games with similar mechanics it doesn't reset the charge on your core ability. For those the played the campaign, how do you deal with Viper, I'm finding him seriously aggravating.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Anime_Otaku posted:

Yeah, unlike most games with similar mechanics it doesn't reset the charge on your core ability. For those the played the campaign, how do you deal with Viper, I'm finding him seriously aggravating.

Do you have Tone yet? he fucks poo poo up. Playing on Regular I was terribly underwhelmed at how drat easy all of the "bosses" were.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I dunno. The bosses didn't overstay their welcome. They strike a nice balance, and prepare people for multiplayer where the titans have about as much hp.

Use the Tone kit on Viper, and a laser core if you get one.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I just noticed one of the executions is called Knee Plus. Cool homage to Daniel Bryan :shobon:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Anime_Otaku posted:

Use the Splitter gun, you can hit him enough where his Shields won't even have time to recharge and finally use your Laser Core to drain most his life.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Man, that factory level was seriously loving awesome.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Is matchmaking taking a dump for everyone right now? The progress bar keeps switching between "found 12/12" and "creating match."

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

keyframe posted:

I would like to share a dick move I discovered with Northstar. Equip the ability that gives you two tethers per use, throw them on clustered up enemy titans and then boost in and nuclear eject. Call in your new Northstar as soon as you hit the ground.

That is amazing.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
I'm bad at this game, no denial here, but holy crap do pubbies not understand how bounty works.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

RossCo posted:

I'm bad at this game, no denial here, but holy crap do pubbies not understand how bounty works.

I had a match last night where I had something like 25 kills and was bottom of the scoreboard :negative:

Not that I disagree they're terrible mind, but BH can be preeeeety swingy if you suffer some bad deaths at the wrong time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This game is pretty bad at explaining some mechanics. How does Rodeo work? What's the cooldown on the Anti-Pilot fog? If a pilot climbing you has that ability that makes it so the titan doesn't tell when they're climbing, is there literally any way to tell a pilot is climbing you?