Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

ButtWolf posted:

Is Plumlee normally a real good passer? Cause those were perfect. A big that can pass well out of the post to cutters is extremely dangerous.

Yeah he averaged almost 3 assists a game last season, 4.8 in the 11 playoffs games. One day people realize someone can be a Plumlee and go to Duke and be a cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Dejan Bimble posted:

What confused me is is that 3 years ago, Thad Young was an exciting trade chip, like, we've gotta get a good first or someone good for him. Thad Young. And then for 2 years everyone's opinion of him was, can't shoot threes so he sucks. Then he signed with the Pacers and somehow Thad Young became a good player who can do all sorts of things again. Perception baby

“ZELMO BEATY: Bill was a strong believer in the power of honey. In the dressing room, he had honey candy bars and honey and tea for us to drink. He also had chocolate bars. He believed that honey and chocolate gave you energy.

Excerpt From: Terry Pluto. “Loose Balls.” iBooks. '

*Morgan Freeman voice* "I remember Zelmo......"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

But honey and chocolate do give you energy... :confused:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Plumlee was passing really well in the playoffs.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

quote:

LVP: Jeff Teague. There are actually a bunch of players that could fit the bill for the Pacers, but Teague took his awful night against the Nets and found a way to top it tonight, putting up 0 points on 0-7 shooting. Fun Fact: George Hill didn’t have a 0-point game in either of the past two seasons.

I said the Pacers downgraded from last season, and I was one of the first Jeff Teague supporters

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Strawberry Panda posted:

Is McBuckets an Alpha?

https://twitter.com/TheBullsShow/status/792706826848448512

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
spurs bench is looking rock solid. that's very comforting. can't wait for green to come back so we can see the full voltron

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jimmy clearly shouting me out with that hat.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Tae posted:

I said the Pacers downgraded from last season, and I was one of the first Jeff Teague supporters

Both Teague AND Monta had off nights, that didnt help. Pacers offense is built on transition, Bulls were drilling tough shots early. The bench has no idea what it is at the moment (A continuation from last year) and they dug a huge hole early. And lastly, Pacers had early season legs on a back-to-back vs fresh Bulls team.

Pacers will be fine

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Pacers will not be fine. Nothing will be fine.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
The great thing about October is I can watch the Pacers, Colts, and Cubs all suck within a 24-hour period.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zelah posted:

One day people realize someone can be a Plumlee and go to Duke and be a cool.

Im not there yet, but he looks good.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

being good does not mean that you're cool and vis-a-versa.

Mason Plumlee is NOT cool.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/792790124916539392

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Can't tell if this is inspiring or depressing

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/792790831618924544?s=09

Why does this always happen

:hellyeah:

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Interesting. Sounds like OKC didn't get another 5 year max extension slot for Adams. That was previously Russ, but I couldn't find any explanation of whether they got a new one w/ Westbrook extending his deal further. Looks like a regular 4 year max.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

BFFs :love:
https://streamable.com/y23m

lowly abject turd
Mar 23, 2009
FYI our favorite japanese Thunder fan has an instagram https://www.instagram.com/perspective_7a/

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

RaySmuckles posted:

spurs bench is looking rock solid. that's very comforting. can't wait for green to come back so we can see the full voltron

It still blows my mind how little respect Green gets. The team is looking pretty nice overall.

In the back of my mind those Aldridge rumors still worry me.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rudy we've all been there
https://twitter.com/seancunningham/status/792614797342670848

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Wouldn't be a CBA without us getting hosed

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Bashez posted:

It still blows my mind how little respect Green gets. The team is looking pretty nice overall.

People pay like twice has actual value for him in fantasy basketball so I think he's well respected in basketball addict circles

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

what a scary thing to say

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

larrysanders.gif
https://twitter.com/steve_os/status/792570812117180416

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
What's Buddy Hield's chuck status?

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Should I pick up NBA 2k17 if I want to try to understand the sport better?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Today I learned this crazy guy still makes videos.
This is his reaction the Rockets loss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22GlEPlbv3I

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

straight up brolic posted:

what a scary thing to say

Symptoms of chronic traumatic encephalopathy include memory loss, irritability and poor shot selection

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Dale Ouise posted:

Yessssss. You'll learn defense and how players use off ball movement to get open shots.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

That Portland inbounds play is real slick, too bad you have to set a moving screen to get it off reliably (and as such is at the whims of the refs)

I think if you have both arms in and at least one foot on the ground it should be considered a legal screen but idk

Dale Ouise posted:

Probably, yeah. You can learn how set plays work, pick and rolls, and how defenses should work in theory

pepperchomp
Jan 27, 2007

chomp chomp chomp

Dale Ouise posted:

So I don't know if this helps or not, but when i picked up 2k11 it helped me from general basketball I.Q. to Basketball Genius among my friends just from learning more about general rules and stuff.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

chunkles posted:

Symptoms of chronic traumatic encephalopathy include memory loss, irritability and poor shot selection

If you're experiencing inefficient shooting lasting for more than 4 quarters, please consult a doctor

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dale Ouise posted:

2K17 thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3788016&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#pti10

It will help, but don't worry about setting it to easy mode to get used to it, 2K has a learning curve that can be sharp. But it does a good job of modeling the pro game, and its reasonable (though far from perfect) at representing the player's games.

Whenever I do a long binge it takes me time to remember what moves are real and what are just in my 2K universe. Bazemore is not actually on the Timberwolves :(

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't know if it's patched yet, but 2k currently has a ai problem where they leave wide open perimeter players for no reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQHUZBW93yY&t=13s

Although at least it really makes you pay attention to paint defense and understand better why people keep getting open dunks

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
2k games are good for learning some basic basketball stuff, also for knowing who the players are on every team.

The franchise/front office modes though are not accurate simulations (or at least have not been, I don't play the games now even when they're free because of this but maybe they've finally improved), don't be the guy who played 2k17 and then comes in here talking about the Hard Cap.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Bashez posted:

yeah, i hear that. the thing with lamarcus is where would he rather go? he's on an awesome team that wins. i think they have a real chance at doing something unexpectedly great this year or next.

losing him doesn't worry too much, because his game is incredibly awkward and we already have a finesse big with some crossover in Pau (not that he's better than LA). i think the spurs need a more powerful down low presence. someone who's game is more taking it to the rack and grabbing more rebounds (though LA has been pretty good on both fronts this year) oh and also a better defender. oh how i dream of picking up Cousins when he's available…

for now i don't see him going anywhere. this is his best chance for that illusive title. and when danny green comes back there can be some awesome outside-in/inside-out game for him. the whole spurs offense is kinda clogged without danny because of how non-threatening anderson's offensive game is right now. once green is back it'll open up more space for lamarcus to operate.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I imagine it's like the NHL series where the AI GMs judge trades by pure ratings, and is dumb, so I'll hold off on that.

Since caps got brought up, I found the hoopshype page, and it seems serviceable, but is there another site with that info I should know about?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Strawberry Panda posted:

What's Buddy Hield's chuck status?

Really high and really, really ineffective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/792782923900518401

• Locked thread