Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
If you've got any common or glowing crystals, it's shockingly still a good idea to buy companion gifts from Odessan and Exotic Isotopes. I thought for sure the price was going to tank but they're hovering at 115-130k per gift and 60k per Exotic.

Edit - New page reminder.

Aleth posted:

Also if people are really desperate for that pike I suggest you enter the Halloween costume contest as the last contest we had I won with only one other goon entrant and we both got weapon tunings out of it. What I'm saying is goons are loving lazy so even a lovely entry will stand you a good chance of getting the pike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Medullah posted:

:siren: LET'S DO A CONTEST!!!! :siren:

In honor of Halloween, let's do a costume contest! Between now and say, next Sunday 11/6, post a picture of you in your best costume! It can be scary! It can be creepy! It can be sexy! Bonus points for environmental costumes!

We'll either judge them or do random drawings depending on the number of entries. First prize will be a Senya's Lightsaber Pike donated by Non-Entity, and there are a bunch of other nice things in the guild bank to give away.
God bless the first world for copious amounts of spare time to waste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNpSuHcM0A8

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sombrerotron posted:

...Aleth, you might lose this one. :)

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Sombrerotron posted:

cant unsee that!

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Sombrerotron posted:

:staredog:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Whoever was in charge of making Ilum must've thought he was working on a brawler.

Is Revan better?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What is there to do for solo content after you beat all of the story content? Is there a dailies planet at 65 like there is for level 50?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

...Aleth, you might lose this one. :)

I'm not fussed, was more doing a screenshot to encourage these slackers to do something this time and it appears to have worked!

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I couldn't decide which one looked better so here's a couple of my Sorcerer trying to do the Hellraiser Cenobite look.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
See? We've already got more entries than last time and there's still a week to go!

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

You're tempting my inner addiction of playing pretty princess dress up.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

My pumpkin spiced Rakata outfit

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Is there anyone who will not be participating in the contest who would like to judge it with me?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Is there anyone who will not be participating in the contest who would like to judge it with me?

Sure

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Well, doubt I have any really awesome pictures, but do have a few screenshots I can post for warning purposes amusement. First is of course Jarash, AKA Jedi Jesus, shown here with the Apostle Qyzen offering his blessing (and/or lightsabering) to some fortunate soul:

Next is Methest, seen here practicing terrible firearms safety by running around a cantina with his rifle drawn.

May add more later if I can dig any interesting outfits out of my stockpiles.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I said come in! posted:

What is there to do for solo content after you beat all of the story content? Is there a dailies planet at 65 like there is for level 50?

Yep, the weekly heroic quests on all the planets are the dailies now. There's also the eternal championship, which is a solo "dungeon", current gives all the tokens, but unsure how its going to work post expansion.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

The old dailies like CZ- and Black Hole are still pretty decent money, usually 80-100k+ without the weekly mission payout and you can blow through them in like 10-15 minutes once you get it down. Not sure how good Oricron still is, that always took longer from what I remember.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Tonight I encountered a bug where my akk dog was stuck floating in the air everywhere we went. I guess he forgot how to walk.

It was awesome.

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

I laughed way too hard at that.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

If you need someone else I'll void my entry and judge. Not like I could use the pike on my jugger anyway.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

If you need someone else I'll void my entry and judge. Not like I could use the pike on my jugger anyway.

Nah, I'll get someone else.

On other news - just confirmed that they will NOT be doing a rare mat conversion so sell your poo poo while you can.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

It's occurred to me that the video I made is cheating a bit, given that it shows multiple outfits, so in the name of fairness I've decided to choose just one costume as my entry. After some hmm-ing and ahh-ing, giving due consideration to my Brogent and Happy He-Man outfits, I've decided to settle on this one instead:

It's admittedly a little less creative than the other two, but I'm just PRETTY AS A PONY.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Is there a good guide somewhere for the basics of crafting? I know that there are different crafting skills and that there are also crew skills for getting the crafting materials but I'm not sure if any of the info I've found online that goes beyond that is current, and if the stuff I've come across is current, it leaves a lot to be desired in terms of actually relaying useful details.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I've left and come back to this game four times since vanilla and I still don't understand how to craft poo poo.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

That's weirdly reassuring.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I wouldn't even think about crafting right now. Expansion coming and things will be changing. I'll put together an effort post then.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Sombrerotron posted:

It's occurred to me that the video I made is cheating a bit, given that it shows multiple outfits, so in the name of fairness I've decided to choose just one costume as my entry. After some hmm-ing and ahh-ing, giving due consideration to my Brogent and Happy He-Man outfits, I've decided to settle on this one instead:

It's admittedly a little less creative than the other two, but I'm just PRETTY AS A PONY.

I have to ask, but what outfit is that and where did you get it. I think I want one.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

M_Sinistrari posted:

I have to ask, but what outfit is that and where did you get it. I think I want one.
Its imaginative name is Luxurious Dress (plus the must-have Riot Queller's Helm), got it off the GTN and stuck a white/light pink dye into it. I'm somewhat amazed that my Agent could wear it at all, given that pretty much every other stereotypically female costume seems to be women-only.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Sombrerotron posted:

Should call that look Victorian Upholstery very nice!

e. also I am glad I am not the only one who decorated their stronghold in achievement portraits and called it done

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
just sold my first 1m+ credit item. feels good man

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Is there any reason to do Ziost on a DvL character?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

howe_sam posted:

It's required (all of SoR is) for the Valiant (I think) and higher tiers.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

howe_sam posted:

Yeah Ziost is one of the higher tier achievements, and the world boss on Ziost is one of the ones required for the world boss achievement.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Ziost is a legendary tier req.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

phosdex posted:

Ziost is a legendary tier req.

Well, there's no way I'm getting Legendary, but five achievement points are five achievement points.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

howe_sam posted:

Well, there's no way I'm getting Legendary, but five achievement points are five achievement points.

To reiterate what I said earlier, if you're only going for the first two levels (Heroic and Legacy), you don't need to do Ziost. Anything higher than that requires you to do the full Shadow of Revan storyline (Rishi and Yavin) along with the first half of Ziost. And since those storylines are closed off once you begin KOTFE, if you don't do it on your first character you'll have to go back and do it on another.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So what's going on with the game that's got the official forums so pissy? Something about token conversions?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Verranicus posted:

So what's going on with the game that's got the official forums so pissy?
Anything at all, all the time.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Verranicus posted:

So what's going on with the game that's got the official forums so pissy? Something about token conversions?

With the new expansion (KOTET) they are eliminating most of the special currencies (Warzone commendations, Common, Glowing and Radiant Crystals). They are giving people credits for them, and it isn't very many.

In addition, they are not converting old crafting mats to the new high end crafting mats - something they did at 4.0 because the new mats weren't ready. People are mad that their stuff is close to worthless now.

It's what literally every other MMORPG does and SWTOR did with every expansion except 4.0, but it still causes butt hurtness.

What they're REALLY mad about is the Galactic Command system - endgame gear now is a matter of RNG, no more tokens dropping from bosses or buying PvP gear. All gear is now used in both PvE and PvP, and the high end gear requires you grinding away at level 70 for "Galactic Command XP" which rewards you a box at every level (1-300 currently on the PTS) which has a chance of having a set piece in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Medullah posted:

To reiterate what I said earlier, if you're only going for the first two levels (Heroic and Legacy), you don't need to do Ziost. Anything higher than that requires you to do the full Shadow of Revan storyline (Rishi and Yavin) along with the first half of Ziost. And since those storylines are closed off once you begin KOTFE, if you don't do it on your first character you'll have to go back and do it on another.

The Shadow of Revan Storyline for DvL finishes after the end of Yavin, I was able to go straight to KOTFE for the purposes of DvL after defeating Revan with the various council members and releasing the Emperor.

• Locked thread