Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Benne posted:

I think they stopped doing this because the wrestlers see it as a "demotion" and some were flat-out refusing the offer. IIRC Fox actually was one of those people.
By my recollection she was someone who wanted to go down but wasn't allowed. That was about the time Eva Marie was ostensibly going down to improve (but really to find her niche as a nuclear smark heat magnet) and Takeover Brooklyn I had just happened, with the broader main roster talent pool reportedly getting anxious about how they were being upstaged.

On the one hand, there were guys like Curt Hawkins and Brodus Clay who were actually demoted to job for a developmental talent and then get cut. On the other hand, Tyson Kidd had a great run as an NXT main event heel that primed him for a well-received main roster tag run. But those days are over in any case, mainly because NXT is its own brand apart from the main roster (remember when winning the title was about getting called up?) and so it runs into the same issues as talent sharing across companies generally, but also because bringing guys in and out between TakeOvers doesn't do anyone any good, because they're the focus. I have my own nostalgia for when NXT was an actual developmental fed and midcard WWE guys like Ziggler and Titus could go there to look like world-beaters for a little bit.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

rovert posted:

Answering this would be a spoiler.

Scoop kid's afraid to post his scoop!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Someone please switch his swollen eye and his mouth because it looks like his eye has teeth and I want it to be even more uncomfortable to look at.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

projecthalaxy posted:

Speaking of Roddy and Aries, Aries got injured at a house show in Fresno, CA last night when Nakamura accidentally kicked him in the face. Big cut, black eye, possible jaw damage. He is being examined to see what level of injury he has, but they had to stop the match immediately after the blow. Best wishes to the small arrogant man, of course.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Clypse12/status/791506814202290176

This doesn't look TOO ba-

:gonk:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm gonna take a bullet for Rovert here. Well, not completely because I'm spoiler tagging it.

Ember Moon has a match on this set of NXT tapings. I assume it's next week but they've already aired stuff out of order from the tapings.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yeah, it's crazy because that kick doesn't look hard or botched at all. He just kinda puts his boot up. Crazy that much damage came from it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
This video makes it more apparently the thud on that kick is disgusting. Aries also spun right into the kick as well.

https://twitter.com/McChicken_God/status/791510099256745984

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he needs to stay in nxt until he learns how to work

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

oatgan posted:

he needs to stay in nxt until he learns how to work

Pretty soon that's going to be the unironic opinion by half the people on this forum.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
Shinsuke Nakamura was always bad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Korelle posted:

Shinsuke Nakamura was always bad

Not as bad as this photoshop!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Okay, it looks and sounds WAY worse from that second angle. God drat.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That's what happens when you are used to aiming for normal person heads and then you wrestle the tiniest man.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
He wrestled in Japan. He should be used to tiny people.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

aries could be 4'6" barefoot since he's the same height in his lifts as most of the refs who are intentionally hired for their small stature. he might even be smaller than a baby

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I like how they go out of their way to make all the backstage interviewers look as small as possible, and even they can't make Aries look impressively tall.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Austin Aries is a homunculus grown in a test tube and has been unleashed upon the world by large scientists.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

surprised that a kick like that caused so much damage, didn't seem like it was firing off that fast. poo poo happens though. I mean, AJ legit knife-edge punched the teeth out of Miz's loving head and nobody gave him poo poo for it. if anything he put Miz over for not giving a gently caress and hanging tough.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

MinibarMatchman posted:

surprised that a kick like that caused so much damage, didn't seem like it was firing off that fast. poo poo happens though. I mean, AJ legit knife-edge punched the teeth out of Miz's loving head and nobody gave him poo poo for it. if anything he put Miz over for not giving a gently caress and hanging tough.

the thing is, Aries is moving into it, and the height of the kick was just right that it looks like Nakamura's heel catches him right in the soft bit under the eye. As someone who once turned around and caught a cabinet door's corner right to my upper eye and brow, I can't even imagine how much it must suck to be Aries right now. Everything around the eye just swells up like a mother fucker, and I'm betting he broke his orbital bone. Hopefully it didn't damage the optic nerve or cornea, but if Aries just became Roddy's manager for a while and wore a big, dumb, sparkly eyepatch, I'd be down.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
They had a Dusty Classic Match in CA tonight
Roddy vs Shane Thorne since Aries was out, Roddy lost and TM61 Advances to the semis

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just got back from the show in San Jose, had a blast. Blake and Murphy had a snoozer that the crowd poo poo all over, other than that it was a good card. Holy poo poo No Way Jose is a big dude.

Also Roddy Strong is the man

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Also just got back, can second Blake/Murphy was Really Bad and they need to extricate Murphy from that tire fire if he has any chance of sticking around; other than that, amazing show and I cannot wait for the next time they come around.

I don't know what it is about NXT making crowds chant stupid things, but at one point a seating section started a SEC-TION FOUR-TEEN chant in mid-match and got instantaneously booed by everyone present.

edit: also in Dusty Classic spoilers, Authors of Pain murder-death-killed Rich Swann and No Way Jose to advance.

CarlCX fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Oct 29, 2016

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
They should just give Murphy to Peyton and Billy and he can be Meat 2.0.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

CarlCX posted:

I don't know what it is about NXT making crowds chant stupid things, but at one point a seating section started a SEC-TION FOUR-TEEN chant in mid-match and got instantaneously booed by everyone present.

Section 14 was heel half the night. They got what was coming to them. Booed during the Ember Moon match and the main event. They didn't deserve the dueling chants though.

This was the first time I decided to go with floor seats at a WWE event, was kinda cool.

http://imgur.com/a/vy8DT

Lazer fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Oct 29, 2016

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Lazer posted:

Section 14 was heel half the night. They got what was coming to them. Booed during the Ember Moon match and the main event. They didn't deserve the dueling chants though.

This was the first time I decided to go with floor seats at a WWE event, was kinda cool.

http://imgur.com/a/vy8DT

You...may have been literally sitting next to me. The internet is weird.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

CarlCX posted:

You...may have been literally sitting next to me. The internet is weird.

Ha. Small world. That's pretty crazy. Was bummed at seeing the seats reversed from the Ticketmaster map but oh well, still a fun show. Was thinking we'd be by the ramp.

Lazer fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Oct 29, 2016

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Lazer posted:

Ha. Small world. That's pretty crazy. Was bummed at seeing the seats reversed from the Ticketmaster map but oh well, still a fun show. Was thinking we'd be by the ramp.

Yeah, that was the second-biggest bummer of the seats, with the first being the four extremely loud, extremely drunk dudes behind us yelling GLORYHOLE at Bobby Roode all match.

Sinnach
Dec 10, 2003

Mathematical.
I was sitting in the row right in front of the dudes from Sec14. It was kinda fun for awhile, but then after awhile they just kept trying to get chants going

But I had an awesome time and the view from where I was sitting was really good

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

CarlCX posted:

Not just NXT this happened at NXT except it was two sections chanting their own names until someone from the middle section went "SHUT THE gently caress UP!!"

There was also this group of jagoffs who were making GBS threads on Jay White and cheering on Caprice Coleman because he put over how cool Section 8 was.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

Sinnach posted:

I was sitting in the row right in front of the dudes from Sec14. It was kinda fun for awhile, but then after awhile they just kept trying to get chants going

But I had an awesome time and the view from where I was sitting was really good

I really like that venue for NXT. It was great last night and it was just as awesome during WM weekend.

CarlCX posted:

Yeah, that was the second-biggest bummer of the seats, with the first being the four extremely loud, extremely drunk dudes behind us yelling GLORYHOLE at Bobby Roode all match.

Yeeeaaahhh... They were alright most of the night, but they just got carried away by the end of the show.

Also, because we keep bumping the thread with San Jose discussion, I might as well submit some additional Nakamura/Dillinger tax.

http://imgur.com/uYyjNsK

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Convinced my family who has never cared about wrestling (my dad in particular holds negative opinions, mom and sister just never gave it the time of day) to go to NXT Boston with me. Should be a good time, my first live event too.

That Which Squeaks fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 29, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMLCuK_hQqg/

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Jonathan Davis: Late 40s Angsty Dad is so weird.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I see these pics of John Davis and all I can think is 'Man, Nick Dinsmore/Eugene has not aged well'

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Spoilers because I'm an idiot who was focused on Ibushi vs Roode
https://twitter.com/JimmyV_WCN/status/792901259934085121

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 31, 2016

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
That tweet has spoilers. :(

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
That tweet loving sucks.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Welp Authors of Pain defeated DIY. Revival cost the DIY the match. TM61 then beat Sanity off a flash pin. Dusty Classic finals are AOP vs. TM61 again. their last couple matches were not good.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 31, 2016

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Calling it now, AoP win the Dusty Classic, GarCiamp beat The Revival for the titles, AoP destroy GarCiamp at some point in the future, TM-61 beat them somewhere down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider says Aries is having surgery on his orbital bone fracture this week. Out for the year

• Locked thread