Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Hey, I thought I did this a long time ago but apparently I'm an idiot. It's shameful that I'm doing it just now.

I'm :toxx: for Hillary "Kill em all 1989" Clinton.

Can I get a sixer with a good gif as punishment for waiting so long to pledge for :abuela: ?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
voting :911:

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
i voted straight ticked democratic yesterday, plus harris for senate, and the more progressive of the two democrats running for my districts house seat.

Wyld Thang
Feb 23, 2016
:toxx: for madame president.

best election ever, 5/5 would watch again.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Blattdorf posted:

Huma Abedin, Hillary's right-hand person, just agreed to turn over 650k e-mails which were located in a folder called "Life Insurance". Things are moving very, very fast.

games with the big scoop

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
gotta

Go

Fast

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Nth Doctor posted:

I'm personally trying to decide between buying a bottle of single malt scotch whisky to sip neat, or a handle of Evan Williams and down Old Fashioneds all night.

Buy both.

If democrats also get the senate then go Old Fashions. If they don't then scotch.

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx
I work night shift, and I am taking my first vacation day in over a year on the 8th so I can bask all day and night in glorious election coverage while getting drunk off booze and republican tears.

And I live the greatest state, California. I'll be able to start celebrating early :getin:

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Instant Sunrise posted:

i voted straight ticked democratic yesterday, plus harris for senate, and the more progressive of the two democrats running for my districts house seat.

I voted dem on everything in NC. Hooray living somewhere my vote counts!

Latest post-Comey polls still have Clinton +3 in NC and +2.5 in FL. Wrap it up.

:getin:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Current and past first ladies are supposed to go to the funeral of prior first ladies. Will both Clinton's have to go to Barbara Bush's funeral when she passes?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

RandomPauI posted:

Current and past first ladies are supposed to go to the funeral of prior first ladies. Will both Clinton's have to go to Barbara Bush's funeral when she passes?

Well they say killer tend to return to the scene of the crime...

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
So what even happened with Comey? He just skewed polls by announcing that more emails have been found but its probably just someone else's copies of the same email threads inadvertently colleted in evidence because Hillary's campaign chief's husband is a stupid dipshit?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

So what even happened with Comey? He just skewed polls by announcing that more emails have been found but its probably just someone else's copies of the same email threads inadvertently colleted in evidence because Hillary's campaign chief's husband is a stupid dipshit?

It's been like three days dude. Sitcoms don't even wrap up this quick.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
killary kkklinton doesn't excite me. However what she will do to trump minds when she wins makes me :gizz:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i really don't get why this is comey's fault. they had to make sure weiner didn't have cp poo poo on his laptop bc lol Anthony weiner sexted a teenager, then they happened on huma's emails to Hillary. if they didn't investigate it woulda leaked and looked like a coverup which woulda been way worse

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

StashAugustine posted:

i really don't get why this is comey's fault. they had to make sure weiner didn't have cp poo poo on his laptop bc lol Anthony weiner sexted a teenager, then they happened on huma's emails to Hillary. if they didn't investigate it woulda leaked and looked like a coverup which woulda been way worse

It's not a question of whether or not the FBI was going to investigate, it's a question of him sending a letter to Congress which states "we're going to look at this thing which we don't know what, if anything, it has to do with Hillary BUT IT MIGHT GUYS I'M JUST SAYING" a week and change before the election. Particularly after he cited closeness to the election as reasons not to weigh in on who (Russia) has been passing (Russia) all the DNC (Ruuuuuuuuussia) emails to Wikileaks (*Kazatskys out of thread*).

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Plus, they've known about the emails on Weiner's computer for weeks but Comey decided to sit on that information until Friday. And if he was concerned about it leaking out and making the FBI look bad then he must have no confidence at all in the secret-keeping abilities of the intelligence organization that he runs.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It's not a question of whether or not the FBI was going to investigate, it's a question of him sending a letter to Congress which states "we're going to look at this thing which we don't know what, if anything, it has to do with Hillary BUT IT MIGHT GUYS I'M JUST SAYING" a week and change before the election. Particularly after he cited closeness to the election as reasons not to weigh in on who (Russia) has been passing (Russia) all the DNC (Ruuuuuuuuussia) emails to Wikileaks (*Kazatskys out of thread*).

I can't think of an explanation for that last part other than blatant partisan hypocrisy. I'm trying to think of a logical argument for covering one thing up and going public with the other, that actually relates to national security, but I can't think of anything.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Plus there's this http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/31/fbis-comey-opposed-naming-russians-citing-election-timing-source.html

quote:

FBI Director James Comey argued privately that it was too close to Election Day for the United States government to name Russia as meddling in the U.S. election and ultimately ensured that the FBI's name was not on the document that the U.S. government put out, a former FBI official tells CNBC.

The official said some government insiders are perplexed as to why Comey would have election timing concerns with the Russian disclosure but not with the Huma Abedin email discovery disclosure he made Friday.

Comey's hosed up a lot here and has to go

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
It's really the optics that's so damning, so Comey can't spin his way out of this. A boulder is crushing down on him as he is between a hard place regardless because he played partisan close to his vest.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

The Whole Internet posted:

I can't think of an explanation for that last part other than blatant partisan hypocrisy. I'm trying to think of a logical argument for covering one thing up and going public with the other, that actually relates to national security, but I can't think of anything.

It's also possible he's just a giant idiot when it comes to optics and really didn't think this all the way through. I mean yeah, I don't think that's the case at all, but it's plausible, if only barely.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
"heres the thing about optics mister comey: it cuts both ways" hillary pulls a giant lever and you hear the sound of a giant buzz saw starting up as comey disappears around the corner on a conveyer belt. All you see is a tasteful and artistic red splash against the back wall

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Yeah I really don't think he's trying to sink Hillary just didn't think k it through

Pakled posted:

Plus, they've known about the emails on Weiner's computer for weeks but Comey decided to sit on that information until Friday. And if he was concerned about it leaking out and making the FBI look bad then he must have no confidence at all in the secret-keeping abilities of the intelligence organization that he runs.

Do you have any confidence in the American intelligence community?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Yeah I really don't think he's trying to sink Hillary just didn't think k it through

the impression i always had was the CIA did nothing right, the NSA did bad things right, and the FBI occasionally, blessedly, did good things right, like what's happening with the Christie scandal

comey is doing his level best to disabuse me of that notion

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

StashAugustine posted:

I don't think they always have what we would consider good goals or intentions but I think they're generally very good at what they do.

Comey's political maneuverings aside.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot
I don't know what Comey is on about, but he better figure it out fast.

I'm going to celebrate like the liberated damned citizens of hell upon arriving in paradise with the blessed messiah when the Iron Queen sits upon the Iron Throne.

May flights of Devils wing her to her long awaited rule.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Al! posted:

"heres the thing about optics mister comey: it cuts both ways" hillary pulls a giant lever and you hear the sound of a giant buzz saw starting up as comey disappears around the corner on a conveyer belt. All you see is a tasteful and artistic red splash against the back wall

gently caress now im really sad there isnt a horror double billing about this election

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

The Whole Internet posted:

His explanation was that he had publicly testified about the email investigation being closed multiple times, so he felt the need to be open about a change in its status.

Regardless of what you think of that explanation, I don't understand how disclosing the Russia thing would have been partisan.

Saying something like "we are investigating whether or not Trump paid Putin for his services" could be.

I guess they meant that people knowing Putin wanted Trump could influence them to not want to vote for him because of their negative opinions of Putin? I dunno. I guess that's debatable.

But these two issues compared side-by-side do not feel balanced to me.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Also no matter how hard Trump lenses it ' was carried with classified info' is little league compared to ' may be owned by a hostile foreign power' so a little caution could make sense

TheGreatGnocchi
Jun 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Sick of all the Arzying in the thread. :toxx: me, because Trump seriously has no loving chance.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

:toxx: me in. if H-Dawg wins no problem, if not then ill be radioactive ash since nuclear fire is the only way to prevent her from winning by this point.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Doctor Roosevelt
Jun 17, 2006

Nap Ghost
You know what :toxx: me for Hillary. Can't stand all the loving Arzying happening in the main thread.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, all the arzying is absurd. Probably won't be a historic crushing defeat but it's still basically impossible for Hillary to close this election and it's absurd to think otherwise.

I pity the folks who toxxed for senate or house flips though, that's probably gone down the tubes. :v:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Asimo posted:

Yeah, all the arzying is absurd. Probably won't be a historic crushing defeat but it's still basically impossible for Hillary to close this election and it's absurd to think otherwise.

I pity the folks who toxxed for senate or house flips though, that's probably gone down the tubes. :v:

I figure the Senate flipping is still possible, but yeah, House was always a pipe dream.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Lol just lol if you didn't toxx for the Dread Abuela on the first day the primary was over

Just 😂@u

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

If she doesn't win I don't want to live/post anymore, toxxing away.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Thump! posted:

Lol just lol if you didn't toxx for the Dread Abuela on the first day the primary was over

Just 😂@u

I didn't toxx then but I did bet dozens of dollars on her winning the election even during the height of "faintgate". So it's not like I wasn't willing to lose money on it.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I'm enthusiastically with Her, and despite their best efforts I still have some faith in the American electorate. :toxx:ing for Hillary and for Dems to take the Senate.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I'll be busy surviving Fallout IRL if Hilldog doesn't win it :toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

:toxx: for Hillary, long may she reign.

• Locked thread