Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Same. Nobody comes to Florida.

Jesus Christ. Do you want to inflict Florida on your favourite comedians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Jesus Christ. Do you want to inflict Florida on your favourite comedians?

Yes. The traumatic experience will help them next time they have to draw on their actor's pain.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

I'm in LA on holiday and I ran into Hayes.

This truly is La La Land.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
After seeing the ads on stage and what Ive heard about the pricing this festival really feels like a big ol' scripps money grab

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I wanted to watch the live CBB ep the other day, so I decided to see how much it was going to be, thinking it would be something like $10. $50? Not a goddamn chance am I paying that. Insanity.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

ArtVandelay posted:

I wanted to watch the live CBB ep the other day, so I decided to see how much it was going to be, thinking it would be something like $10. $50? Not a goddamn chance am I paying that. Insanity.

Like to go or to stream it?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

The Senator Giroux posted:

Like to go or to stream it?

The stream. All festival and con streams are like that now. Their reasoning being that you're getting to watch multiple shows or panels so you should have to pay more for it.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

It was $50 to stream just that one show. It was like $150 if you wanted the entire day.

Yeah....no thank you

I'm assuming they're going to put it on Howl at some point, or at least as a thursday episode?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That's the most ridiculous pricing I've ever heard. Who's going to pay that? It's not as if they can guarantee a show better than one of the 60+ ones that come out for free each week. Why screw yourselves over so hard?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

ArtVandelay posted:

It was $50 to stream just that one show. It was like $150 if you wanted the entire day.

Yeah....no thank you

I'm assuming they're going to put it on Howl at some point, or at least as a thursday episode?

Jesus. I mean, it sounds like CBB at the very least is going up on Howl since they had talked about it being the end of the 2016 tour, and the other earwolf shows will probably go up on their normal streams so I don't know why they'd want to shoot themselves in the foot so bad.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess there aren't a lot of opportunites to make money out of a podcast outside of ads/selling t-shirts so they're trying to milk the festival for all it's worth

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Holy poo poo, that's a lot of money. Especially for an audience that's used to getting content for free.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Why would they expect me to pay for something that's not Hollywood Handbook??

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

ArtVandelay posted:

Yeah....no thank you

lmao what the gently caress that's insane

E; do other podcast networks do stuff that I don't see or is it just earwolf constantly doing weird poo poo like this

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I don't know if it was LA podfest or maxfuncon, but I remember hearing ads for other festivals that let you stream the whole shebang for like $20-30

$150? what the god drat gently caress?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I straight up don't understand comedy festivals. I live in LA and I never even entertain going. I feel like comedy doesn't work in a festival setting. Give me a 10 dollar comedy show in a small tiny bar that's all I need.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

The_Rob posted:

I straight up don't understand comedy festivals. I live in LA and I never even entertain going. I feel like comedy doesn't work in a festival setting. Give me a 10 dollar comedy show in a small tiny bar that's all I need.

the charleston comedy festival is just a whole bunch of $10 comedy shows in a small theater - what makes it awesome is that many of those shows are from groups across the country, like UCB

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
podcast festivals rule, i love dropping some molly, get on my rave gear, and listen to marc maron talk about his neurosises

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
mom says I have to pick between Now Hear This or Coachella this year

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I knew Now Hear This was in trouble when I started seeing BOGO ticket ads on the Earwolf website last week. Wasn't even aware there was a stream, much less one with a triple digit price tag.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

padijun posted:

I don't know if it was LA podfest or maxfuncon, but I remember hearing ads for other festivals that let you stream the whole shebang for like $20-30

$150? what the god drat gently caress?

This is crazy to me, because comedy is ridiculously expensive. It's not like a punk rock show. Standup is expensive as hell, and they get you again for the drinks. Podcast recordings are usually $25-$50 a pop. So doesn't seem that out of sorts to me.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Not sure how I feel about paying 150 dollars for the right to live stream episodes of podcasts from ear Wolf, the podcasting network for and by rapists.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Work Friend Keven posted:

Not sure how I feel about paying 150 dollars for the right to live stream episodes of podcasts from ear Wolf, the podcasting network for and by rapists.

Let us know when you figure it out.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Whom did Scott Aukerman rape and is there video?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Let's see.. that's TOO much money for a podcast, which normally has the price of free. And I'm against rape. But I love west coast style alt-comedy as practiced by all my faves, like David Gregory, Hannibal Buress, the whole cracked pack crew, the hard nation boys.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Whom did Scott Aukerman rape and is there video?

my earholes

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

ManoliIsFat posted:

This is crazy to me, because comedy is ridiculously expensive. It's not like a punk rock show. Standup is expensive as hell, and they get you again for the drinks. Podcast recordings are usually $25-$50 a pop. So doesn't seem that out of sorts to me.

I saw Louie ck at near the height of his popularity for seventy dollars. In person.

I don't care what your experience is overpaying at the chuckle shack , 150 to stream ear wolf is ridiculous

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Sean and Hayes deserve an award for exposing the atrocious working conditions in Howl's podcast factories, and showing us the true human cost of comedy podcasting.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Kevinface main page

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I really appreciated the anecdote from their Doughboys appearance, gives you a little peek behind the curtain

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm not sure if kevin likes hollywood handbook

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Tarranon posted:

I don't care what your experience is overpaying at the chuckle shack , 150 to stream ear wolf is ridiculous
I'm a loving fool...I thought we were talking about tickets to actually be in the room at the festival. $150 to see it live at home on your computer is a danged crime.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this was a good gas leak episode

beeman
May 7, 2008

newest hollywood handbook is so legend

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008
Yeah today's HH is all-time

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Doughboys intro was a high and it just kept getting better.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

*dramatic pause*
*turns up mic gain*
*whispers* "milf pussy"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
His body's like......imagine if The Rock wasn't so lazy.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Are Casper and Leesa both sponsoring earwolf shows now? I can't keep track

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Casper is dead to us!