Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
He is talking about his regular 28 day 7k selector, tonight will also happen to be mine. I am torn between taking spike to 32 or picking up rachel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah, it's my regular selector.

I think at this point it's pretty hard to argue with Rachel if you don't have one. You really, desperately need one of your own to optimize your CR scores for starters. And on top of that, she's needed for World Boss now and you can't bring friends for that at all.

Okay working on updating the selector. Question: What all heroes to use selectors on for World Boss?

I was thinking these guys are all useful:

Heroes: Shane, Xiao, Asura, Alice, Espada/Velika. And for Niu Mo Wang you could use Ruri to replace a missing Karma or Jave?

7K: Rachel

4L: Karma, Ace

Oh and it looks like Niu Mo Wang's skill actually is just Remove All Buffs, not Reduce Buffs? So you could maybe use Jake here for the Petrify immunity?

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Would you prioritize getting Spike to 32 for PVP, or Rachel to 32 for PVE if I have both at 30? Similarly, with Ace already at 32, should I use my 4L on a Rin or take my Karma to 32?

I'm already strained for gear and unlockers as it is, new mans are starting to feel equal parts excitement and burden.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I would say Rachel 32 and Karma 32 personally. Karma's better for a lot of stuff, and for PvP specifically those jewels are going to help out a lot (Crit Damage to go with his auto-crit attack, Life steal to pair with his auto-guard). Rin IS really good but you are not only picking up another unit to work on, but you might have to rejigger your team around her (since you'll want to build Magic damage mostly).

Rachel 32 is pretty important too since the Life Steal will keep her alive in CR which is the key to gettin those points and/or not being dead.

I'm not sure if the final selector will have Karma in it or not though.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Pulled a random 6* from celestial tower. Is Bai Jiao any good or should I just wait til tomorrow to reroll it in Synthesis?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Should I invest anything into,

Sieg 6*
Jin ?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Bai jiao is good, highest phys AND magic booster in the game. You use him for Raid instead of Victoria, but Victoria is more convenient since you want her eileen CR day. So it's a bit of a toss up depending how you want to prioritize.

Sieg is real good now, for CR and Raid. He basically replaced Ace in CR after his buff.

Pass on Jin IMO.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I have both Bai Jiao and Victoria at 6* so I should just keep them both, then?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I would say it depends on how far down the line he is for you to gear up. If you have to focus on one it's obviously Victoria, but if you've got a lot of spare gear sitting around you might as well use him for Raid instead. Do remember that the random 6* Synthesis can only spit out other Regular units, it doesn't give you 7K/4L. You also have to make two random 6*s from fusions anyway for the Monthly, so you might as well wait and see what those spit out first.

So uh, did they remove the repeatable quest to level up heroes to 30 for Honor? It's no longer in my quest list at all. Unless there's actually a cap on how many times you can run it or something?

Also since I can apparently regen up to 11 keys now, I guess the cap for that is actually based on your Player Level.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Hello, everyone! SlovenKnights has a spot! Also, we're in the top 10% of Guild Wars! Get out their and take their coins when the party starts!

Remember, if you get at least 10 Coins across the entire season of Guild War, you'll get a free Dellons costume!

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

When does this GW season end? Should be real soon I think.

Once it's over I'll be up to jump on board with you guys if you still have free space at that point.

Oh you also need 10,000 points total for your guild to get the costume I think, but if you're in the top 10% that shouldn't be an issue I would think.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Yeah, we're on 15k right now. We got some total champs pulling some real weight!

May being a bae and beating fools with her suitcase also RULES!

In other news, we're at guild level 9 with our skills maxed out! Soon, we can start work on improving our sexy castle, and owning even more bones in Guild War!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

When does this GW season end? Should be real soon I think.

Once it's over I'll be up to jump on board with you guys if you still have free space at that point.

Oh you also need 10,000 points total for your guild to get the costume I think, but if you're in the top 10% that shouldn't be an issue I would think.

I can just hold the spot if you want. Having you'd probably be a real asset, after all!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'll be able to help a lot more when they unban my only good mans. :(

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Next free spot, I'll join in as Senerio. Currently in a guild with over 10000 so I'm not in a rush, but we're not in the top 10% (we're actually 12%).

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah I'll join you guys once the season is over and we get the costumes. My current guild is only 6% in GW so they aren't really doing a whole lot better, they've got like 3-4 star players and the participation is typically like ... 33% or so.

I can pull in like ~1.6 million for CR Normal sometimes but some days are a trainwreck due to not having all the pieces I need built up enough. Unfortunately it'll probably be a while before I get my Rachel to 32 which is gonna slow things down a lot.

I have no idea how the Guild upgrade system actually works, but I guess the Research Center is a big priority since that increases the % points you get from CR?

Agoat posted:

I'll be able to help a lot more when they unban my only good mans. :(

Nobody has been banned for the last week or so. GW bans only usually last 1-2 weeks.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Got a 4* selector from Celestial Tower last night. Picked Sieg, and trained him up to 6*. Had the extra rubies, so I grabbed his Jason costume too.

Kemito
Nov 4, 2003

Pepsi Molotov!
I took this picture.

Clawtopsy posted:

Hello, everyone! SlovenKnights has a spot! Also, we're in the top 10% of Guild Wars! Get out their and take their coins when the party starts!

Remember, if you get at least 10 Coins across the entire season of Guild War, you'll get a free Dellons costume!

I applied for the spot! I see lots of interest, if you'd rather put me in a queue for getting in let me know. :) I haven't done gw yet, but it looks like good fun.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Nobody has been banned for the last week or so. GW bans only usually last 1-2 weeks.

Oh.

I'm about to bop some pubbies.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Unless there's actually a cap on how many times you can run it or something?

A few sources have said there's a limit on how many times you can do some repeatable quests.
If true, it's very dumb.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Well, RIP free 20 keys I guess. Hopefully the repeatables for Rubies don't run out any time soon. :goleft:

Up to FL.123 now, hopefully this one is as easy as the last floor was, could always use another selector. I should probably actually finish this SWK puzzle at some point, I can just barely do any grinding right now with the dailies eating up such a ridiculous number of keys.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Max keys is indeed based on level. It's something like +1/10 levels

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Well drat, just pulled in 3.2m on Rudy Normal. Shane Buffs + Final Mastery are uh, pretty serious loving business.

I really need that 30% Crit Damage accessory for Shane to push that higher at this point. Maybe it's time to start really grinding out World 10.

Hrm, there's a 6* Accessory selector from the Abyss shop. But that's kind of a hard sell at 500 Stars, in comparison to just saving up for the special reward at 1k. There doesn't seem to be any way to see your current % rank in Abyss either, which is annoying because that's what the reward is based on.

Still, 30% more Shane damage. That's no joke.

Re: Bai Jiao, I forgot dude also has immunity to Poison. You probably want to keep him around for Iron Devourer, if you get to doing that on Normal at some point.

elementals.png

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 31, 2016

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Welp. I decided to give this game a try, summoned up a freebie 5* Eileene, I assume she's one of those seven knights that the game mentions. Gonna see where the game goes before I commit fully (Also work's been a bitch, but who's job ISN'T a bitch?)

Mosch
Jul 30, 2013
So I started collecting equipment for Sieg and all the guides I read put counterattack on him. Is there a reason for that? I would have given him HP armor.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Mosch posted:

So I started collecting equipment for Sieg and all the guides I read put counterattack on him. Is there a reason for that? I would have given him HP armor.

In the KR version he has an Awoken form that gives his normal attack Team Cooldown Reduction. So doesn't apply to us. HP makes more sense in the mean time.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

with the way awakened hit point armor works a character had better have a really loving good reason to have any other kind of armor on. also remember that only one character will be countering on aoe attacks which lowers the utility of having counter on multiple characters on a team, even if individually they all benefit from it

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah shuffling CH gear for Raid/CR optimization has gotta be the biggest lovely point with the Equip system. 35 Topaz to unequip an Awoken Armor? No thanks.

Hrm well, 6* Fusions for the month lead me to ... Ming Ming and Tsing Tao. Eh. Synth on Tsing gave me a Daisy. Now the ultimate question, to resynth Daisy or keep her because she's one of the nicest looking units in the game :haw:

Free Fina on day 1 feels nice at least. Not sure who I should give this to, I'm thinking it's gotta be Sieg at this point, no other Dark Heroes are as useful as him unless I'm forgetting anyone.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Hm...I got a 6* leo from fusion, is he enough better than karin for kris day or do I just mulch him?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah, I would keep Leo for Kris CR day specifically. Downsides to Karin:
1) She has no attack skills, so you can't deliberately proc a counter attack to get rid of her
2) She gets an Awoken form early on, so you'll want to beef her up eventually anyway.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
A couple of days ago i had nearly 3 million gold, mostly due to events and what not. Since then i have had an avalanche of elements get high enough to use for rankups, a bunch of transcends and unlocks and now i find myself with less than 50k gold.
How do you grind gold? I struggle in World 8 adventure on easy, though they are doable. Is that my best bet?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ineptitude posted:

A couple of days ago i had nearly 3 million gold, mostly due to events and what not. Since then i have had an avalanche of elements get high enough to use for rankups, a bunch of transcends and unlocks and now i find myself with less than 50k gold.
How do you grind gold? I struggle in World 8 adventure on easy, though they are doable. Is that my best bet?

i just do 8-4 easy, the first wave is just three dudes so basically anybody can work for clearing that one and then the next is 5 but none of them are especially dangerous and a lot of times they just self buff instead of attacking

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

8-20 Easy is the best for Gold right now once you can swing it. You definitely need some big power to farm it though, typically like Jave+Eileen+Dellons+Ace+Spike to make it real safe/fast.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I have been doing Ace (32) Velika (32) Karma, Yu Shin, Eileen. I'll swap Velika for Spike which i got to 6* today. Maybe swap Yu Shin for Espada to offset the damage reduction i lose by removing Velika? I will be able to transcend both Espada and Yu Shin with more gold.

I also need to figure out who to pick for the 7k/4L selector tomorrow. I am thinking it is better to transcend one of my non transcendeds than to pick an entirely new guy? It will be 6 weeks of dailies before i get this new one to 6* anyways, though that is true if i want to transcend a currently owned one as well.
I have Eileen, Karma and Spike untranscended. Ace is at 32.

I also have no less than 4 awakened armors with 1650 HP awaiting equipping, but unable to afford more unlocks (and 8! 6* cakes as well as 2 Unlocker Leah's to unlock with)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 1, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Main problem with that farming team is Karma is Magic damage and Eileen only boosts Physical. That may not really matter though depending, Karma does a lot of damage naturally. But for 8-20 farming you really want either 2 really big pierce AOEs, or if you're sufficiently durable you can use a buff reducer followed by a non-pierce AOE on one of the rounds. You might be able to slap together a better farming team using a Daisy even (Rin would be the best choice), that way you could run Karma+YuShin+Ace+Daisy+Spike, and then just R1: Dark Wolves, R2: Redemption.

Jave is tough to replace for building compact farming teams unfortunately.

For the selector, everyone should be picking Karma for it if he's in there. If he's not it's a tossup, Ace 32 isn't really crucial anymore, SWK/LuBu/Teo are all getting a bit long in the tooth for PvP right now and aren't super helpful outside of that, and that leaves Rin who is questionably useful outside of PvP.

Made the 200* tier for Abyss so I've got over 500*'s now. Still dunno if I should buy that Crit Damage acc or save up for the Auto-Guard one, which is probably amazingly good for PvP but not particularly so for PvE.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Nov 1, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Oh jesus god in heaven, if SWK has the Void Shield ring equiped, all of his clones respawn with Void Shield :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

E: Apparently though, it's Hit-Count based VS? I wonder if hits can bleed through it or not.

By most accounts on Reddit it sounds pretty underwhelming, and taking it for the 1k cost gives you very high odds of getting only the 4* version of it, which sucks.

I guess there's a Revive ring coming at some point though? Yikes.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Nov 1, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Revive ring on Rudy would be the meanest thing.

e: awwww yiss rachel in my CR chest today!!!

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Thinkin about CR team layouts with new stuff.

Shane | Eileen, Rachel, Sieg, <Immunity> -> Karma

Starting to also think Victoria should be left at 30 with no gear, for CR you can just let her die and bring Bai Jiao or Eileen for your actual boost, and in Raid you might as well use Bai Jiao instead anyway.

You could use Dellons instead of Karma too. But you're at the mercy of what your friends are geared for, and most Dellons are going to be Counter (which you don't want), and most Karma are going to be HP and he has auto-block.

Also, think my Sieg does more damage than my Dellons does right now (which should be obvious from the 600% and ignores defense). Could almost make something like this work for Raid:
1: Sieg | Lina, Eileen, Velika, Lee Jung (Counter)
2: Shane | Bai Jiao, Karon, Dellons/Karma, Espada

Sieg would have to have Lee Jung to make it work obviously, but that'd probably hurt pretty hard.

E: Forgot Eileen is 60% Phys too, so I guess between her and Bai Jiao it doesn't really matter for CR.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 1, 2016

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Checking this game out and it is more anime than I could have ever imagined.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
More advice required!

With the 4L selector coming up, Ace to 32 or get Lu Bu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Elysiume posted:

Checking this game out and it is more anime than I could have ever imagined.

Truthfully it's not quite as anime as Phantom of the Kill, but that is definitely something you should be grateful for.

• Locked thread