Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

We could try, just to eat up some points, but we are still only halfway through p3 and it's what, day 8 or 9? I don't think we have the firepower to get far in a Heroic right now, and we'll just lose that day or two on getting through another Normal and delaying raid gear. Good thing is people seem to be going gung ho on Droids now in IGD so we should have some more power teams up and coming soon. And we still have a few spots to fill in the guild as well.

Also, I bet you guys will cut off 2-3 days in your second attempt -- probably spent a lot of time just figuring out team comps and whatnot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
The 500 and 750 Guild Benefactor cheevos are 10k and 15k ally points respectively so make sure you make lots of requests for garbage gear to help people get there for the next tournament.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Oh, by the way, unrelated to this game, if anyone is feeling a little burned out and would like a change of pace, check out Plants vs Zombies Heroes. I work for Popcap and had a hand in its development.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
R2D2 has been spotted in the wild. :toot:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5a3set/elite_r2d2_special_move_spoiler_tis_first_lvl_85/

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Davethulhu posted:

Oh, by the way, unrelated to this game, if anyone is feeling a little burned out and would like a change of pace, check out Plants vs Zombies Heroes. I work for Popcap and had a hand in its development.

That the main popcap studio? If so we should grab lunch. I'm at z2/king on 5th and pine

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Oh man, I wish I knew, I had an interview for a data analyst role there ~6 months ago.

e: On the other hand, I'm now working from home as a data scientist, so no complaints :D

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

e: On the other hand, I'm now working from home as a data scientist, so no complaints :D

Teach us, sensei. Just as you do in Star Wars.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

Teach us, sensei. Just as you do in Star Wars.

Uhh, let's see, get your undergrad in something worthless, wander around for a couple years, not knowing what to do, then get your Master's in something science-y -- I was studying Arctic sea ice, get a couple publications under your belt, then get really demoralized trying to get into a PhD program (while working for your former committee). After you run out of funding for that, move to Seattle and try to find work as a Data Analyst, get demoralized cause you don't know anyone and jobs really are all about who you know, take a job that's a pay cut (although still more than nothing), and is also Temp, remain a temp for a year because companies love to take advantage of skilled workers who suck at finding new jobs. Strike up a conversation with your new landlord about data science (and he happens to be a data scientist), and pretty much land your dream job 6 months later (he's now my coworker...)

Uh...yeah...or you could just go to one of those data science bootcamps? I dunno. There's probably an easier way.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

I downloaded it but haven't played. Also where are your offices? I have a funny feeling my bros wife is about to become your co-worker if ea had anything to say about it.

Sorry Dave but I am not sure I can help myself. Fix yet game davethulhu!(joking pls don't shoot meh)

Also game is really good, thanks davethulhu!

xyigx fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 30, 2016

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Is Boonehead a goon? I didn't see anyone on the spreadsheet and didn't see anyone in the thread, but I might have missed you. Let me know since you have a pending invite to QGJ.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Hughlander posted:

That the main popcap studio? If so we should grab lunch. I'm at z2/king on 5th and pine

Yeah, send me a pm if you're interested. Note: I'm probably older than you expect.

Malgrin posted:

Oh man, I wish I knew, I had an interview for a data analyst role there ~6 months ago.

I remember you mentioned this back when we had that problem with the bugged raid and nobody could get in the game.

xyigx posted:

I downloaded it but haven't played. Also where are your offices? I have a funny feeling my bros wife is about to become your co-worker if ea had anything to say about it.

Sorry Dave but I am not sure I can help myself. Fix yet game davethulhu!(joking pls don't shoot meh)

Also game is really good, thanks davethulhu!

Offices are at 4th and Battery in Belltown. Glad you're enjoying PvZ Heroes!

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

Offices are at 4th and Battery in Belltown. Glad you're enjoying PvZ Heroes!

I thought that was where it is. If I visit up there I will have to drop by. Now I just have to decide if the hero pack for Rose or just do normal draws. Very fun and feels tins less grindy than hearthstone, me and tab are enjoying it quite a lot.

Apparently I hate credits and droids. I am about to 7 star like 4-5 guys in the next day or two...and level them :suicide:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
So, top secret new strategy...you know how in P3, Palpatine can shock all the troopers and almost get full TM? Well, just throw Chirpa in as lead and it's basically 100%. New TI strategy (top secret -- they aren't sharing it, and, uh, neither am I ;). So, Chirpa (L), Palp, +3 tanks. They're using some combination of RG, SF, STH, Poe, Stormtrooper. It really doesn't matter, just 7* dudes that can soak up damage.

quote:

Shock everyone with EP, when the last shock hits you need to ensure all taunts are up, or the TM gain from st Han will give them a chance to put taunt up
then basic the hell out of the boss with EP while everyone else takes a coffee break
Poe is far from the best choice there

I guess I need to find a replacement for Chirpa in P1 now...although we probably won't be able to finish our heroic raid anyways. We're really close to finishing out P2, and with this, we can probably close P3, but I just don't think we'll have the gas for P4.

Also, I just wanted to share this with you guys...7* G11 L84 Vader, modded with Offense and Defense (not mine -- although I'm at 80 G10 92/100):

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
A daily login character becomes immediately farmable, right? Cause I really want TIE Pilot.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
So if we're given a team of 5 ships with a lead for dark/light side, who are the pilots?

I only have easy to farm/good for meta pilots, but for the for light side I have:

AA as lead
- ST Han
- Poe
- Biggs
- Wedge
- Lando (?)
- Resistance pilot
- Rey (she pilots the falcon and you know that EA is going to make her good again)

For the dark side, I think we're going to see a lot of scoundrel love as each bounty hunter has their own ship. Thankfully I think a lot of people have Tarkin starred up due to the military might event but other than him, my dark side is woefully under represented:

Tarkin as lead
- 5* vader
- Boba Fett
- that's all folks.

I've been chasing the Wiggs meta for so long that I dont have much in the way of the dark side. I am just starting on Jawas, so I'll be focusing on them forever to get crit mods. Hopefully I'm not screwed because of this.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Hey, you goony fucks. I've been back for months but i guess its time to rejoin the thread.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Aadoniel posted:

So if we're given a team of 5 ships with a lead for dark/light side, who are the pilots?

I only have easy to farm/good for meta pilots, but for the for light side I have:

AA as lead
- ST Han
- Poe
- Biggs
- Wedge
- Lando (?)
- Resistance pilot
- Rey (she pilots the falcon and you know that EA is going to make her good again)

For the dark side, I think we're going to see a lot of scoundrel love as each bounty hunter has their own ship. Thankfully I think a lot of people have Tarkin starred up due to the military might event but other than him, my dark side is woefully under represented:

Tarkin as lead
- 5* vader
- Boba Fett
- that's all folks.

I've been chasing the Wiggs meta for so long that I dont have much in the way of the dark side. I am just starting on Jawas, so I'll be focusing on them forever to get crit mods. Hopefully I'm not screwed because of this.

If you read their most recent messages, I don't think you have pilots. I think you have a fleet commander and then a bunch of ships that are like the current characters with abilities and whatnot.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Hey, you goony fucks. I've been back for months but i guess its time to rejoin the thread.

Welcome back. Things are pretty much the same, except new raid and pretty soon ships. I'm over at TI now, copying all their in house strategy over here. I should probably start saving those in the OP or something.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

So, top secret new strategy...you know how in P3, Palpatine can shock all the troopers and almost get full TM? Well, just throw Chirpa in as lead and it's basically 100%. New TI strategy (top secret -- they aren't sharing it, and, uh, neither am I ;). So, Chirpa (L), Palp, +3 tanks. They're using some combination of RG, SF, STH, Poe, Stormtrooper. It really doesn't matter, just 7* dudes that can soak up damage.

I guess I need to find a replacement for Chirpa in P1 now...although we probably won't be able to finish our heroic raid anyways. We're really close to finishing out P2, and with this, we can probably close P3, but I just don't think we'll have the gas for P4.

Also, I just wanted to share this with you guys...7* G11 L84 Vader, modded with Offense and Defense (not mine -- although I'm at 80 G10 92/100):

This is a pro strat, but you want to have a tank with as much protection/hp as possible. It's not quite as broken as it first appears because the boss droid has a 35% counter rate, so your tank still gets ground down pretty quickly. Unfortunately I've neglected my tanks other than RG and STHan. Also the real winner here is probably Sun Fac.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

This is a pro strat, but you want to have a tank with as much protection/hp as possible. It's not quite as broken as it first appears because the boss droid has a 35% counter rate, so your tank still gets ground down pretty quickly. Unfortunately I've neglected my tanks other than RG and STHan. Also the real winner here is probably Sun Fac.

Yup. Also, it's probably best if Poe has like 0 potency. Either that or you'll have to taunt him early -- shock damage might be able to trigger an expose. Protection mods and defense/health sets are your best friend here.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Can someone explain this squad arena tournament? It's hard for me to find details on it.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

Can someone explain this squad arena tournament? It's hard for me to find details on it.

Don't expect to get much out of it. The people at the top are going to have a horrendous amount of ally points, so if you haven't been saving all summer, you probably won't get top payouts.

Squad tournaments are kind of like if GW and Arena had a bastard step child. You get to pick between 3 options, and can refresh until you find a battle you want to fight. The more fights you do, the less points you get per win. You get full points for killing all of your opponents and losing no heroes. I don't remember the exact ratios, but you get more points for having all your heroes survive than you do for killing all of their heroes. I think if you retreat you lose everything. Once you've used a set of heroes to attack, they can't be used for the rest of the day (without paying for a refresh -- last tournament was crystals, this tournament is ally points). At the start of the tournament, you get to set a defensive team -- this team is set through the whole tournament. I do not know yet if changing mods around mid tournament will affect these heroes. I think the tournament lasts 3 days, so you get 2 free team refreshes.

e: Current recommended team comps for Tank raid:
P1: Aayla, Anakin, Mace, QGJ, IGD
P2: HK, 88, 86, JE, Nebit
P3: Chirpa, EP, RG, STH, SF/Poe
P4: Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Leia, AA

However, I think this becomes a lot more attainable if you replace P1 with: Teebo, QGJ, Phasma, EE, +1.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 31, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

Uh so apparently the squad tournament awards the new rebel now, not Shoretrooper. Guess I'll save those ally points for next time then...

Is this confirmed? I think Bistan is just a login reward + daily event that gives 1 shard (like the scarif event).

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
What should I be modding my RG with if I use him for arena? I was thinking something like Potency > Speed > Prot/Health.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Boozie posted:

What should I be modding my RG with if I use him for arena? I was thinking something like Potency > Speed > Prot/Health.

Pretty much. A little bit of potency, speed secondary if you can get it and lots and lots of protection/HP.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009

two_step posted:

If you read their most recent messages, I don't think you have pilots. I think you have a fleet commander and then a bunch of ships that are like the current characters with abilities and whatnot.

drat it EA! If I can't "slot" my pilots into ships I'll be very, very disappointed. I don't know why, but I've been so much time with my characters I want to physically place them into ships.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

Pretty much. A little bit of potency, speed secondary if you can get it and lots and lots of protection/HP.

Should I be using all potency mod sets or what balance should I be looking for? I'm assuming at least speed primary in the top right mod slot and potency primary in the bottom right.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

Should I be using all potency mod sets or what balance should I be looking for? I'm assuming at least speed primary in the top right mod slot and potency primary in the bottom right.

With a high gear RG, defense really pays off. I'd put potency after that, then health. You could also go tenacity, but if you're going tenacity, you need 3x tenacity sets and a tenacity primary.

I can see 3 builds of RG working best, depending on what you want him for.
1) If you want as many stuns as possible, get 1 speed, 1 potency set, or 3x potency. Make sure to have a potency mod, a speed primary, and as many speed and potency secondaries as possible. Protection for the other two primaries (that have options).
2) If you want him as tanky as possible, go 4x protection primary. Use 3x defense. Speed is bad because you want his turns to go by slowly.
3) If you want him to resist everything, 3x tenacity with tenacity primary. Speed is optional.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Malgrin posted:

With a high gear RG, defense really pays off. I'd put potency after that, then health. You could also go tenacity, but if you're going tenacity, you need 3x tenacity sets and a tenacity primary.

I can see 3 builds of RG working best, depending on what you want him for.
1) If you want as many stuns as possible, get 1 speed, 1 potency set, or 3x potency. Make sure to have a potency mod, a speed primary, and as many speed and potency secondaries as possible. Protection for the other two primaries (that have options).
2) If you want him as tanky as possible, go 4x protection primary. Use 3x defense. Speed is bad because you want his turns to go by slowly.
3) If you want him to resist everything, 3x tenacity with tenacity primary. Speed is optional.

Thanks for this summary, I think paired with STH in arena that option 2 might be a great choice to keep my offense boosted low health characters dishing it out. Because i'm only level 54 and gear VII I may focus on some hodge podge of #1 + what I can get at this point in time with a long term goal to transfer in to #2.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

Thanks for this summary, I think paired with STH in arena that option 2 might be a great choice to keep my offense boosted low health characters dishing it out. Because i'm only level 54 and gear VII I may focus on some hodge podge of #1 + what I can get at this point in time with a long term goal to transfer in to #2.

This is also generally true for tanks.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boozie posted:

STH + RG is loving great and I cannot recommend it enough.

I round that out with QGJ, Rey, and GS. It's a wallupin. But... I can't break into the top 50 for my shard, so it's not "broken" just "good"

Malgrin posted:

e: Current recommended team comps for Tank raid:
P1: Aayla, Anakin, Mace, QGJ, IGD
P2: HK, 88, 86, JE, Nebit
P3: Chirpa, EP, RG, STH, SF/Poe
P4: Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Leia, AA

I can field 0 of those teams. Like, legit, I don't have 11 of those, and missing at least 2 from every comp... and I've got 36 7 star toons, so it's not like I'm a total slouch here.

7 of them are farmed from Cantina battles, too, so it's not like I'm going to be able to quickly catch up either. Talking 3-4 months of farming just to get the current optimal characters. gently caress this new raid.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 1, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I can field 0 of those teams. Like, legit, I don't have 11 of those, and missing at least 2 from every comp... and I've got 36 7 star toons, so it's not like I'm a total slouch here.

7 of them are farmed from Cantina battles, too, so it's not like I'm going to be able to quickly catch up either. Talking 3-4 months of farming just to get the current optimal characters. gently caress this new raid.

Yeah, it's pretty awful. Wedge + Biggs is basically the best thing in the game at this point, so I'd definitely work on that. I would also recommend working on the HK, 88, 86, Nebit, JE team, you'll get a lot more mileage out of them.

Also, having the ideal team comp isn't that important when you're running normal. I mostly posted that there so that people could try to start farming towards those toons for a couple months from now when you're all trying heroic again.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, it's pretty awful. Wedge + Biggs is basically the best thing in the game at this point, so I'd definitely work on that. I would also recommend working on the HK, 88, 86, Nebit, JE team, you'll get a lot more mileage out of them.

Also, having the ideal team comp isn't that important when you're running normal. I mostly posted that there so that people could try to start farming towards those toons for a couple months from now when you're all trying heroic again.

Yeah, well, whatever goon guild I'm in is basically a month away from finishing normal, at the pace we're going.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I just 3-starred the node to get onto farming Wedge.

12 cantina energy just for a chance at a shard... fuuuuck. thiiiiis.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, well, whatever goon guild I'm in is basically a month away from finishing normal, at the pace we're going.

Don't worry, IGD has still not finished normal either. I think it's been two weeks by now?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Cactus posted:

I just 3-starred the node to get onto farming Wedge.

12 cantina energy just for a chance at a shard... fuuuuck. thiiiiis.

You won't be disappointed, however, you should get Lando farmed up first.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Don't worry, IGD has still not finished normal either. I think it's been two weeks by now?

Also, normal rewards suck. I mean, if you could do it in 2-3 days, the credits/guild coins wouldn't be too bad, but at 1-2 weeks, it's pathetic.

Have fun :D

quick e: On the plus side, if you have a couple people that have chirpa, ep, and 3 tanks, you'll tear through P3

2nd e: You don't even need 3 tanks, chipa, ep, and as many tanks as you have works just fine. Chirpa/ep are the critical people.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Chirpa/ep are the critical people.

I don't have Chirpa and my Emp is only 5* :smith:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Venture posted:

I don't have Chirpa and my Emp is only 5* :smith:

Hell, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Hell, same

Well, on the plus side, you only need 6* to do normal.

e: Squad tournament is back in 38 hours

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/74796/shoretrooper-event-return-leaderboards

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 2, 2016