Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

I liked Moats. I Nicknamed him Mighty Moats.

What about Reggie Brown? I liked when he jumped in the salvation army bin at a cowboys game in 05.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eat poo poo Garrett

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
drat nice kick

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

thanks dak

and we get the ball back

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Oh my god we're going into the half with the lead.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Really wish they could get rid of "icing the kicker".

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

I still remember exactly how chad lewis broke his leg scoring that touchdown against atlanta. I was sad.

But it allowed Jeff "Construction Worker" Thomason to be in a Super Bowl.

The storylines!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Carson wentz half winning drive

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Jason Garrett is so loving stupid

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
i guess i haven't really been paying attention cause suddenly the eagles are winning

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
loving idiot garrett you had 2 more timeouts

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

axeil posted:

I liked Moats. I Nicknamed him Mighty Moats.

What about Reggie Brown? I liked when he jumped in the salvation army bin at a cowboys game in 05.

*drops the ball*

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

I still remember exactly how chad lewis broke his leg scoring that touchdown against atlanta. I was sad.

"I broke it! Yep. I broke it!" From the mic'd up of the 2004 NFCCG

On a td. Maybe if he had played we would have won...

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Bonham posted:

loving idiot garrett you had 2 more timeouts

so?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So Cowboys fans who are your most hated former players? Join in on the fun this halftime.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Did celek replace Lewis? Or is there another tight end in between . Was that LJ?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Speaking of forgotten, terrible Eagles, I once won $100 when I drunkenly said that Hank Baskett would score a 50+ yard TD in a 2006 game vs the Cowboys (the TO return to Philly game)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It's nice of Jason Witten to do a commercial with Dak Prescott.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Off the dome I think celek was the replacement for retirement lewis after it was obvious lj was trash.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

Off the dome I think celek was the replacement for retirement lewis after it was obvious lj was trash.

Yeah this seems about right.

Remember Jeremy Bloom guys?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

axeil posted:

So Cowboys fans who are your most hated former players? Join in on the fun this halftime.

tony romo

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

axeil posted:

"I broke it! Yep. I broke it!" From the mic'd up of the 2004 NFCCG

On a td. Maybe if he had played we would have won...

i think the four turnovers played a bigger part

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

aBagorn posted:

Yeah this seems about right.

Remember Jeremy Bloom guys?

Omg

Who was the guy who tore his leg up jumping over a fence.

Jr reid?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

corn on the cop posted:

Even with the turnovers, if Jim Johnson had an answer for Deion Branch over the middle in the second half, the Eagles win that game

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

corn on the cop posted:

Eagles had the ball to end the game so even if they turned it over 4 times they *still* almost won.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

It's nice of Jason Witten to do a commercial with Dak Prescott.

Did he really? I missed it

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I remember back in grade school my friend was wearing a mamula jersey to summer camp and some rear end in a top hat ginger contrarian cowboys fan in philadelphia decided to fight him.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

Omg

Who was the guy who tore his leg up jumping over a fence.

Jr reid?

Yes!

wikipedia posted:

In early 2005, Reed suffered an injury which ended his 2005 season. While jumping a fence near his home in Tampa, Reed cut the back of his knee and sustained damage to the peroneal nerve that affects movement in his lower leg and foot.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

aBagorn posted:

Speaking of forgotten, terrible Eagles, I once won $100 when I drunkenly said that Hank Baskett would score a 50+ yard TD in a 2006 game vs the Cowboys (the TO return to Philly game)

It annoys me that the movie version of Silver Klingons Playbook changed the player the protagonist is obsessed with from Hank Baskett to DJax.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I still think Mcnabb is a bum for being not clutch and also a lovely human being. And Syracuse alum.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

He was! Eagles TE progression:

Chad Lewis
LJ Smith
Brent Clerk
Zach Ertz
Trey Burton

Kinda crazy we aren't that far removed from guys who played in the super bowl.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

axeil posted:

It annoys me that the movie version of Silver Klingons Playbook changed the player the protagonist is obsessed with from Hank Baskett to DJax.

you saw a very different movie from the rest of us

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

aBagorn posted:

Even with the turnovers, if Jim Johnson had an answer for Deion Branch over the middle in the second half, the Eagles win that game

Let's be honest, if the Eagles somehow won that super bowl it'd be the most improbable win in a Super Bowl that isn't the 18-1 pats. You shouldn't win any game with 4 turnovers, much less the super bowl.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

axeil posted:

Klingon being Eagles fans makes a lot of sense

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Yoshifan823 posted:

My autocorrect knows my nerd roots.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Klingon being Eagles fans makes a lot of sense

The producers felt Klingon audiences would appreciate DJax more.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Yoshifan823 posted:

I've never watched it and at this point I'd rather reaffirm my eagles fandom by watching the tony danza movie than a romcom.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Did I just watch a commercial of a guy kicking a bunch of kids asses at chess? what

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

I've never watched it and at this point I'd rather reaffirm my eagles fandom by watching the tony danza movie than a romcom.

its a very good movie. Don't be an idiot

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

blue squares posted:

Did I just watch a commercial of a guy kicking a bunch of kids asses at chess? what

Psu guy

He smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

The book and movie are both really good but the movie glosses over the whole reason the dude's wife left him.

it's because he beat the poo poo out of her and his realization that's what it is breaks his mind and makes him realize he's a bad person. Also the Jennifer Lawrence character and him don't ever really end up together 4ever

• Locked thread