Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Reinhardt is everyone's favorite cheerful grandpa and I won't hear otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
He and Ana flirting is the cutest thing.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Its turbo aids

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

strong bird posted:

Its turbo aids

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Saying turbo aids is turbo aids

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

nitro aids

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

All my teammates, if they see me shooting at an enemy, seem to believe it is an honor duel and leave me to it. Meanwhile the enemy always seem to pull a teammate out of nowhere to save them right as I'm about to finish them off.

Canemacar fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 30, 2016

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Canemacar posted:

All my teammates, if they see me shooting at an enemy, seem to believe it is an honor duel and leave me to it. Meanwhile the enemy always seem to pull a teammate out of nowhere to save them right as I'm about to finish them off.

Especially with Mei. You could easily distract or knock her off target so she misses her kill shot icicle on your teammate, but most players seem to prefer not to interfere so they don't draw her wrath and focus towards them. Boggles my mind.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am level 13 and so far five of my lootboxes have contained duplicates lol

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Welcome to Overwatch!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also today I was against a level 15 who locked in reaper and kept telling everyone to get cancer and called me a noob when I shutdown his ultimate without Widow's assault rifle.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

mcbexx posted:

Especially with Mei. You could easily distract or knock her off target so she misses her kill shot icicle on your teammate, but most players seem to prefer not to interfere so they don't draw her wrath and focus towards them. Boggles my mind.

I find it even more frustrating when teammates don't take advantage of frozen enemies being an easy headshot. Sometimes it feels like the more enemies I manage to freeze (especially tanks that I can't kill with icicles in one freeze cycle) the less likely my allies will take advantage of the immobile enemiy and finish them off.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Panfilo posted:

I find it even more frustrating when teammates don't take advantage of frozen enemies being an easy headshot. Sometimes it feels like the more enemies I manage to freeze (especially tanks that I can't kill with icicles in one freeze cycle) the less likely my allies will take advantage of the immobile enemiy and finish them off.

One of the most embarrassing PotGs I ever saw happened a couple of days ago, a Mei ult froze like 4 people and it's just Widow slowly shooting them in the head one by one, but also missing one, and then being unable to hit a moving target before it just ends.

Excellent play, friend.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

strong bird posted:

Its turbo aids

Why do you play this game you can't stand

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Also today I was against a level 15 who locked in reaper and kept telling everyone to get cancer and called me a noob when I shutdown his ultimate without Widow's assault rifle.

he's just role-playing

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

mcbexx posted:

One of my favourite things to do against enemy Mei players is watch them freeze my teammates then put D.Va's defense matrix over them.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
What's the trick to Ana? I never seem get Zenyatta numbers on her, neither healing nor damage.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

shoot your team more than the other team. ana's not like zen where you can do both at the same time and healing's more important

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Do we know when the Halloween event ends? There are a few skins I want to buy before its over but want to avoid getting them duplicated in a box if I can.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Lichtenstein posted:

What's the trick to Ana? I never seem get Zenyatta numbers on her, neither healing nor damage.

Heal the person doing work. With just the grenade and good shots you can make someone like roadhog into an unkillable carry machine.

EDIT: In solo queue/quickplay

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

Do we know when the Halloween event ends? There are a few skins I want to buy before its over but want to avoid getting them duplicated in a box if I can.

the battle.net launcher tells you when events are ending; the halloween event ends on the first. I assume that means midnight tonight but I'm not positive

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Dyz posted:

Heal the person doing work. With just the grenade and good shots you can make someone like roadhog into an unkillable carry machine.

EDIT: In solo queue/quickplay

Don't do this, spread your heals around, don't focus on one person unless they're really important and going to die (Zarya at full charge trying to fall back to safety, ulting McCree, Winston with his leap down, etc). Dhak (top 500 Ana) posted a VOD in the last couple days of a rank-3k Ana game that could help the OP. One of the tips he had was to actually focus on shooting every teammate once unless someone is in dire circumstances, because it helps situational awareness.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Papercut posted:

Don't do this, spread your heals around, don't focus on one person unless they're really important and going to die (Zarya at full charge trying to fall back to safety, ulting McCree, Winston with his leap down, etc). Dhak (top 500 Ana) posted a VOD in the last couple days of a rank-3k Ana game that could help the OP. One of the tips he had was to actually focus on shooting every teammate once unless someone is in dire circumstances, because it helps situational awareness.

Do you have a link to this? I looked but couldn't find it.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Manatee Cannon posted:

shoot your team more than the other team. ana's not like zen where you can do both at the same time and healing's more important

Yeah a lot of people don't realize Ana is closer to Mercy than Zenyatta/Lucio in terms of paying attention to teammates.

Hang far back (but not as far back that you are inviting flankers to you) and focus on healing teammates and shutting down enemy ults with your sleep dart.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Internet Explorer posted:

Do you have a link to this? I looked but couldn't find it.

Oh it was in the middle of one of his streams, didn't realize that. Here you go:
https://www.twitch.tv/dhak/v/97380620?t=04h02m56s

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah a lot of people don't realize Ana is closer to Mercy than Zenyatta/Lucio in terms of paying attention to teammates.

Hang far back (but not as far back that you are inviting flankers to you) and focus on healing teammates and shutting down enemy ults with your sleep dart.

think of ana positioning in terms of a right angle. the enemy team is on one end, you're at the other end, and your team is where the lines meet (obviously you're not gonna be able to do that every time, the point is to just break line of sight between you and the bulk of the other team)

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
you also basically never want to scope and just hip fire wildly into your team (aka roadhogs fat rear end as everyone else on your team gets massacred)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

EmmyOk posted:

It should get a little bit better once the event is over for you.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I wish I wasn't so bad at Overwatch hitting anything as Zarya because I like everything about her style and toolkit but I just flail the beam around like an idiot and kill nothing.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

turn your sensitivity down if you want to track people better with the beam. it really does help

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My favorite gimmick comp these days is 2-3 Symmetras on defense. It's surprisingly effective.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Papercut posted:

Oh it was in the middle of one of his streams, didn't realize that. Here you go:
https://www.twitch.tv/dhak/v/97380620?t=04h02m56s

Awesome, thanks!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Tender Bender posted:

I wish I wasn't so bad at Overwatch hitting anything as Zarya because I like everything about her style and toolkit but I just flail the beam around like an idiot and kill nothing.
Endeavor to engage your targets from the longest range you can. It's more difficult to stay accurate the closer they are, the opposite experience of basically all other weapons

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Also don't be afraid to toss around some high energy bombs around. You only lose energy off time not actual usage.

Can't get close that's OK arc them bad boys over Rein and decimate the enemy team

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

verbal enema posted:

Also don't be afraid to toss around some high energy bombs around. You only lose energy off time not actual usage.

Can't get close that's OK arc them bad boys over Rein and decimate the enemy team

Just out of curiosity, why IS Reinhardt the go-to favourite for Ana's ult? Smashy-smashy with Hammer damage?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just out of curiosity, why IS Reinhardt the go-to favourite for Ana's ult? Smashy-smashy with Hammer damage?

That damage plus speed plus his tankiness are a really good combo. I've seen Ana ult Reapers with great success too though.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He does a shitload of damage and has the health to survive when you become a giant glowing target. If you get a decent ult off you can easily get a teamwipe. As a nanoboosted Rein if I don't get at least 3 kills I know I messed up.

Reaper is a slightly more efficient target due to the even larger damage output and the hp gain when you melt people.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Also because the hammer has a gigantic hitbox.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

These are all good points but we all know the best and funniest thing to do is hit Mercy with it and watch as the person playing the bedraggled healer struggles to come to terms with what she is supposed to do now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I dont mind getting charged at all, just that it generally happens when I'm shielding others up and suddenly I'm neon-blue. Always a bit worried I'm about to get the guys using my shield very dead for a moment before SMASHING TIME.