Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

a.) not quite b.) his offense is so so so much better

did we watch the same finals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

AggressivelyStupid posted:

did we watch the same finals

Right? I challenge anyone to show what Curry did better over the course of 7 games then Kyrie. Irving shot like 47% from the floor and was a better 3p shooter. The Finals don't prove everything but I feel like seven games is pretty decisive.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Shook meme aside, Curry did play the Finals on pretty much one leg coming off a hard fought comeback against OKC. he was getting wrapped up on defense in some crazy physical ways too. so it's not surprising that he didn't play as well against a relatively fresh and healthy Kyrie Irving

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

straight up brolic posted:

He is so loving bad at defense. And I said nearly. His offensive ability still makes him a good NBA player, he just doesn't make the same overall contribution that the other guys do.

PG defense has so very little effect on your teams defense as a whole, man. I don't know what you are on about.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Curry had one of the 10 best offensive seasons of all time last season and was the first player to ever have 30%+ usage and 65%+ TS.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

crazycello posted:

Raptors fans need to step up. That was Amir and Jonas.

https://youtu.be/quRwCAkaweM

That's the one haha what a great play friendship is the most powerful move of all

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Carlosologist posted:

Shook meme aside, Curry did play the Finals on pretty much one leg coming off a hard fought comeback against OKC. he was getting wrapped up on defense in some crazy physical ways too. so it's not surprising that he didn't play as well against a relatively fresh and healthy Kyrie Irving

DANG OL' INJURED LEG
https://i.imgur.com/y5bQ6EZ.gifv

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So Marc Gasol decided he's a stretch 5 now. 6/13 on 3's, his highest season attempt before was 17 total.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
He'd made 12 threes in his first 571 games, six makes in the last three games.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I was laughing when I saw this gif

Porzingis looks way stronger this year, he's going to be a force Evan

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Marc Gasol is loving cool

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

chunkles posted:

Marc Gasol is loving cool

His accent being borderline unintelligible despite living in the US since 8th grade is endearing

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

curry wasn't on a bum leg when he came back and torched portland. let's just acknowledge he got thick daddied by stronger tougher men like the baby that he is and had to be bailed out by his teammates

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

NickRoweFillea posted:

His accent being borderline unintelligible despite living in the US since 8th grade is endearing

foreign NBA players have the coolest accents. it's a magical mix of their native language and being exposed to english through basketball culture, rap, etc

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Mandrel posted:

curry wasn't on a bum leg when he came back and torched portland. let's just acknowledge he got thick daddied by stronger tougher men like the baby that he is and had to be bailed out by his teammates

If he won, his injury would have been real. But he lost so it doesn't matter. That's the duality of stupid sports rhetoric. He got hurt and so did Bogut, dramond got suspended and they lost, that's what happened. The cavs happened to play very good basketball and won the series

Lockback posted:

PG defense has so very little effect on your teams defense as a whole, man. I don't know what you are on about.

There's a difference between being bad/not fighting through screens just to be across the ocurt from the real action, and just not trying, James Harden/Kyrie style. Those put extra pressure on your defense. Lillard is a bad defender but he at least goes hrough the motions s so their scheme stays somewhat intact

What's annoying about Kyrie is that he has the tools to be a decent defender, but except for a few moments in the playoffs he just didn't bother. And it wasn't like he was getting harden usage and needed that much of a rest. Australian instiute of sport players are all primadonnas lazy and weird is my opinion

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Oct 31, 2016

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

chunkles posted:

foreign NBA players have the coolest accents. it's a magical mix of their native language and being exposed to english through basketball culture, rap, etc

https://twitter.com/C33Jay__/status/792717902931779584

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/mjgoirish/status/792921433668096000

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Curry's 2015-16 is the best single season a PG has ever posted in the NBA. I don't even know how it will ever be topped. It's literally unparalleled in NBA history.

Claiming that the NBA finals made Kyrie the superior point guard is maybe the most laughably bad opinion I've ever seen expressed on the NBA forum in years of posting here. I can't even believe there's a Cleveland homer bold enough to post it. That's literally batshit insane.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Mandrel posted:

he was actually pretty terrible in that series outside of the overtime period when he went supernova.

his defense peaked in '14-15 before every team ran pnr at him every possession. He's still terrible at fighting through screens.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

does my boy have braces he's going to be the most confident player alive in a year or two him and drummond doing the smart work dang

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
kyrie is the best because he has the clutch gene, this is pretty simple. and now he's a Winner

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/MFollowill/status/792926737000566784

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Libertine posted:

Curry's 2015-16 is the best single season a PG has ever posted in the NBA. I don't even know how it will ever be topped. It's literally unparalleled in NBA history.

Well Russ is about to do something equally ridiculous

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Brolander posted:

kyrie is the best because he has the clutch gene, this is pretty simple. and now he's a Winner

:agreed: He's much better than Linsanity (web) 2.0.

Metapod posted:

Well Russ is about to do something equally ridiculous

Russ is in a 4 way tie for best point guard with my handsome boy Kyrie, Dame, and Matthew Dellavedova.

He just might eek ahead this year though. Who knows. Anything is possible

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 31, 2016

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Brolander posted:

Steph was pretty clutch in the regular season but I guess he injured his gene in the playoffs

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
also kyrie's commercial game is lightyears ahead of steve kerry

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

D. S. Steve Nash lacks a personality. Also he prays the gay away. Probably a trump supporter until recently. Not a trustworthy fellow, you ask me.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
i mean hes loving ridiculous but i will talk trash to no end about him because he is the ENEMY same with Root Beer Barrel, Chris Paul etc

ALSO everyone knows that the best point guard in the nba is Tyler Ulis

Brolander fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 31, 2016

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
You aren't great if you aren't great on the road in the playoffs. That's all I'll say about that.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Steph curry and the golden state warriors blew a 3-1 lead to Kyrie Irving and the Cleveland Caveliers

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

If Curry were a Great One he would've told his body "not today" instead of tweaking his knee.

Earlier in that series, I had Love marked for Not Great when he got concussed and missed a game then played like poo poo after Draymond stomped on his head, but when it counted he told his brain and Curry "not today."

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 31, 2016

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Kyrie couldn't shake off a little broken kneecap in 2015. Total loving pussy.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Shear Modulus posted:

If Curry were a Great One he would've told his body "not today" instead of tweaking his knee.

Earlier in that series, I had Love marked for Not Great when he got concussed and missed a game then played like poo poo after Draymond stomped on his head, but when it counted he told his brain and Curry "not today."

This is not equivalent to what I said.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Rick posted:

This is not equivalent to what I said.

That's true. To be great you have to be able to win either home or away, and you have to be able to win without either your left or right knee.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why are we still having this discussion? Steph got hurt then preceded to come back later in the playoffs. He played and was still able to a lot of good things. He got outplayed and his decision making lost him the series. Playoff performance != how good you are

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Metapod posted:

Why are we still having this discussion? Steph got hurt then preceded to come back later in the playoffs. He played and was still able to a lot of good things. He got outplayed and his decision making lost him the series. Playoff performance != how good you are

Most people are joking, at least to an extent.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm not talking about Curry, he's had more than one good road playoff game in his career, unlike multiple people mentioned as great on the last page.

Libertine posted:

That's true. To be great you have to be able to win either home or away, and you have to be able to win without either your left or right knee.

Oh, how does this relate to what I said?

Rick fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 31, 2016

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://fat.gfycat.com/TartImpracticalCur.webm

Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

If that isn't patched into 2k timeouts I will be very disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I would take playoffs version of Troy Hudson over playoffs version of Steph Curry

• Locked thread