Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang

Tallgeese posted:

There was actually an RPGMaker game that made the enemies move closer to you every turn or so, and had breakable weapons.

I can't remember the name though. You had to escape a monster-infested town. Was very short.
Yeah like Lurdiak says, this really sounds like the first build I made of the game, after one month of work. Is this what it looked like?

If its not that, id be interested to know about it, and see what they do differently. Might get some ideas there...

Also, in Barkley 2 news, I drew a bunch of cyborg NPCs for a transhumanist medical clinic waiting room last week. Will be finishing their animated portraits on Tuesday's stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
Is this game coming out? They stopped sending kickstarter updates again (after like... 3 detailing the gun's types?) and it's been quiet ever since.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Jorge Bell posted:

Is this game coming out?

No.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

Jorge Bell posted:

Is this game coming out?

Yes.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
it's already out everyone in the thread is in on the big joke

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
the big joke being the game :evilbuddy:

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Listen they're ONLY 3 years late on this its coming out soon I Promise

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose
excuse me the release date is 11/11/2023 if it came out soon it would be 7 years early

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Jorge Bell posted:

Is this game coming out? They stopped sending kickstarter updates again (after like... 3 detailing the gun's types?) and it's been quiet ever since.

The promise has been made.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Yeah like Lurdiak says, this really sounds like the first build I made of the game, after one month of work. Is this what it looked like?

If its not that, id be interested to know about it, and see what they do differently. Might get some ideas there...

Hahaha, yep it's yours. Silly me.

I enjoyed it, actually. Got the thing in the church, and was sad when it didn't seem to give the healing powers as advertised.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

A Slammer Barkley

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Jorge Bell posted:

YEsd

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

When can we expect the VR version? http://gematsu.com/2016/10/gal-gun-vr-first-screenshots

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Streaming right now, drawing a big picture of X114JAM9 for the equipment screen.
https://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
What's actually left to do to finish the game?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

FunMerrania posted:

they have to make a game

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

FunMerrania posted:

Fill dwarfnet with shitposts, keep doing your part

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm pretty sure the devs said we had to get this thread to page 200 then they'd tell us the next step.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
how many pozzo let's plays is that

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'm pretty sure the devs said we had to get this thread to page 200 then they'd tell us the next step.

You have my shitposting

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The Milkman posted:

how many pozzo let's plays is that

Not nearly enough!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

FunMerrania posted:

The art seems somewhere around 50-75% done, the writing is at a similar level. Props to their pixelman for doing all the tangible work, without whom the entire process so far would have been jokes and a blog on gun's systems every 2 years.

Everything else sounds pretty early days though and it was only a couple months ago they started figuring out what stats do and how to implement anything into a "game".

Also from what I gather every time they add anything they have to wait ages for the update to spool up because they're making it in Fisher Price's My First Game Engine.

2018 at the very earliest is my guess on the release date although from what I hear the majority of work with software development is the last 1% so lmao jesus we're a while away from that.

Unironically Star Citizen will probably release in some fashion before Barkley 2.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
How do you have all this inside scoop? :tinfoil:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

How do you have all this inside scoop? :tinfoil:

The Tales Of Game's studio consists entirely of uncles.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Barkley 2 confirmed for Nintendo?

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Barkley 2 confirmed for Nintendo?

yes it is a switch launch tittle

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yo mamma a Horus posted:

yes it is a switch launch tittle

switch delay confirmed

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

its gonna be the only game available on the switch. everything else is just running in the barkley engine. you should see how the gun's system interfaces with skyrim. it's a thing of beauty but it only runs 5fps

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

its gonna be the only game available on the switch. everything else is just running in the barkley engine. you should see how the gun's system interfaces with skyrim. it's a thing of beauty but it only runs 5fps

The legend of Zelda: gun's of the wild

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SeXReX posted:

The legend of Zelda: gun's of the wild

So basically Gunman's Proof?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Metal Gear Solid 4: Gun's of the Patriots

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

DONT🏀SAY🏀YOU🏀LOVE🏀BBALL🏀IF🏀 YOU🏀DONT🏀KNOW🏀WHO🏀THIS🏀IS🏀

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
So, seriouspost, this game is probably never coming out. How do I get my money back. This really isn't funny anymore.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

So, seriouspost, this game is probably never coming out. How do I get my money back. This really isn't funny anymore.

You appear to have forgotten that this was on Dickstarter. The refund policy is "lol."

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
11/11/2023 The promise has been made.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

So looking forward to necromancing this thread in seven years.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Oh no, my friend. Now the REAL joke begins.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Sorry that game dev takes a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

You didn't buy a game, you invested in a company that decided to make a game 10x bigger than their budget.