Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

EclecticTastes posted:

All right, sorry, didn't mean to put too fine a point on it, let's just agree that SRW improves whatever it touches.

It sure does seem to have one hell of a time unfucking Prince of Darkness, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Sordas Volantyr posted:

It sure does seem to have one hell of a time unfucking Prince of Darkness, though.

There just isn't much worth saving there.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

EclecticTastes posted:

All right, sorry, didn't mean to put too fine a point on it, let's just agree that SRW improves whatever it touches.

It's not an improvement, it is an alternate take. Evangelion as presented in the series would not work well for the kind of story and game that SRW does, so they do some necessary rewriting to make it fit.

Shin Getter, Dunbine, Gunbuster and a number of others also lose some of what makes them special in translation, but the conversion is necessary and works within the context of SRW.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Sordas Volantyr posted:

I think J had the best method of handling that, which was to prevent it entirely by blowing up everyone responsible.

heavybassX
Jul 27, 2016
Or the fact that they can unfuck Seed/Seed Destiny ((Can't remember which one)) and rewrite half the story.

heavybassX
Jul 27, 2016

Grizzwold posted:

I think J had the best method of handling that, which was to prevent it entirely by blowing up everyone responsible.

I think BX did the same as well since it had Nadesico minus Gai

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

heavybassX posted:

I think BX did the same as well since it had Nadesico minus Gai

BX, as far as I can tell (since I'm fresh off the game) plays Nadesico entirely straight but for the presence of AGE. This does lead to an absolutely amazing finale for both, though.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Deondra’s getting a call from Grujios, another top Gyandolar officer, who’s heard of the lack of progress is gathering the Data Weapons. Gades isn’t happy and if this doesn’t change, she’s facing demotion. Deondra sniffs at him to mind his own business.
When Grujios asks, Devil Saturn confirms that Rom’s the major source of their problems – the guy’s really obstinate to have followed them all the way to the galactic boonies. For that matter, Deondra and Saturn remember this very strange thing Rom said: that the Gyandolar had been beaten and destroyed for a while now. Crazy stuff.
Grujios concedes that it’s strange and decides, just in case, to relay that info to Gades. And on the subject of strange, Deondra wonders if the Data Weapons are truly necessary to the Gyandolar. Why does she think that? She recounts that although it's said that the one who gathers them all will rule the universe, only the Dendoh and Ogre can actually use the things. Sounds to her that they’re being played by the Gulfer Emperor.

Grujios merely states that the Data Weapon hunt is Gades' command, and they WILL cooperate with the Gulfer to chase after the things. Deondra still doesn’t see the point, so he’ll tell her just one thing: this planet is an even bigger treasure trove than Cronos. Hmm…!
With that, Grujious tells her to get back hunting and cuts the comm. Deondra tells Devil Saturn to get ready to go: they're heading to Earth to find a place where a Data Weapon is likely to show up. Does she know where that is? First things first, they’ll get down to the planet; once there, they’ll roll the dice.

Back to us, Kouji’s just received a call from Prof. Yumi. He asks him to make a quick stop by the Photon Labs, as he figured it was best to give the Mazinger a full round of maintenance before things get any worse in the battle. Furthermore, there were some weapons they took out when the bot was sent to the museum, so he wants to get those back too.
Kouji agrees and says he’ll be heading over ASAP. As the call ends, he immediately bolts out the Nadesico’s bridge, leaving Eris to wonder if he’ll be alright. She still remembers what happened the last time he went out alone.
Ruri’s gotten that memo but says it’ll be fine as some others will accompany him. Saburouta figures it’ll be five people: Sayaka, Boss, Nuke, Mucha… who’s the fifth? Tetsuya or Daisuke? Saburouta is coy about it…

Gura tells Brai that, while mass production of their mecha and soldiers is going at an accelerated rate, it'll still be a while before the requisite world-conquering number are ready. As for the situation abroad, Hidler reports that the Federation and Giganos are still exchanging skirmishes, with the MU and Tekkoryu seemingly quiet.
In space, the Martian Successors have staged a revolt but haven't really done much yet - same for the aliens. Hidler suggests that this is the ideal time to act, but Brai tells him to be patient. Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, not the other way around; ergo, they’ll keep strengthening themselves and gathering intel.
Bolstering their fortress is also part of the plan and, for that, he needs the Getter Ray Amplifier, the Photonic Reactor… and the Zeorymer. So, he orders Hidler to exploit the humans’ infighting and go grab those things. HAIL BRAAAAAAAAAI!

Sayaka bids her dad hello, telling of how she and others have been selected as Kouji’s bodyguards. Can’t have him being captured again, Mucha huffs, and Kouji wishes they’d let that go.
It’s been a while since Boss and crew have been here, too, what with them moving to Tetsuya’s place after Kouji went to the US.

And the fifth person who came along is… Maria! She introduces herself to Yumi and he surmises from her name that she’s Daisuke’s sister. More important than that, however, Sayaka wants to know what she’s doing here because she doesn’t remember inviting her (*grumble*).
Still, Maria wanted to see where Kouji lived. He wonders why and Maria huffs, asking if her interest isn’t reason enough? Besides, she’s not about to live him and Sayaka alone. Sayaka says she had no such plans but Maria fires back that she’s very transparent.

As Sayaka gets in Maria’s face, Kouji needs to intervene to calm things down. There’s no problem with showing Maria around the lab, no? Sayaka doesn’t like that and stomps out, leaving Kouji to wonder whatever the problem could be.
Maria sighs at Kouji being Kouji but the good thing is that she still has a chance. Nearby, Boss seethes at Kouji hogging all the girls – he snaps at Nuke to piss off when he asks if he’s jealous. Of course not!
Regardless, they’ve some maintenance to work on.

Mission 20 – Strange Bait

With Kouji's help, the maintenance has gone far faster than anticipated, all thanks to his experience building the TFO. Yumi compliments him on taking after the family business so much, saying that with a bit more work he might even surpass Juuzo and Kenzo.
Kouji isn't so sure about that, knowing he still has a long way to go before that. And any case, his priority now is restoring peace to the world. Either way, there’s something else in Kouji’s mind now: he saw something in the lab’s hangar and asks if that’s the new model of photonic rocket engine.

It’s still under development but Yumi sees no problem in starting it up just to showcase its power. Kouji flips the switch and, indeed, the engine roars with a whole lot of oomph. Yumi says it’s an improved version of the Great’s and he’d like to get it installed into the Mazinger someday…
But that’s for another game. The computer screens start going amuck and, as an image shows up, Kouji knows what’s happening.

It’s a Data Weapon – the Gatling Boar! Boss and crew don’t know why the thing’s here and Kouji figures it’s been hiding around the lab. Time to call over the Magnate Ten… but Maria spots another problem coming.
It’s the Gyandolar and Deondra sees that her hunch was right on the money. They’ve detected powerful energy readings coming from that building, so she figured a Data Weapon would be drawn to it.
Devil Saturn understands: that energy kinda worked as a lure to the thing. Something seems to click for Deondra upon his words but she’ll tell him later – first and foremost, they’ve to capture the Data Weapon.
GADESSIR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26NDuAMSbRo
Kouji deploys to intercept them, telling everyone that they need to defend both the lab and the Boar until the rest of the team – Ginga and Hokuto especially – gets here.

Mission Objective: All enemies shot down
Mission Failure: Any allied unit or Gatling Boar shot down

I don’t think you need to worry about the Boar since the plot should kick in before anything gets close. That happens on either turn 3 or when Saturn or Deondra take damage and I’ll be making that happen on turn 2. Swith Sayaka to the TFO prior to this mission to have an easier time, especially if you’ve given Boss a whole lot of upgrades like I did!

I believe this is the first time in any SRW where I’ve led a charge with Sayaka. Such is the invincibility of the TFO!

And, of course, her chances of being hit are 0%.

Kouji and Maria each weaken a nearby mook.

Enemy Phase!

Deondra and Saturn stand by, though the mooks are homing in on Sayaka. She dodges everything and cuts them down a peg.

Player Phase!

Quickly now.

: Oho… wot a bonnie lass. And Ah’m aboot tae make ye bonnie and deid!
: You better not underestimate me because I’m a woman! I’m really mad today!

Saturn and Deondra will only defend for now.

Boss isn’t too confident in our odds against all these enemies but Kouji and Sayaka tell him to man up: they’ve overcome plenty of situations as bad as this when they fought Dr. Hell. Only need to hold on until our friends arrive.
Maria’s ESP acts up right then and she warns of another incoming enemy: the Hundred Demons. Kouji figures they’re here for the lab’s reactor and while Saturn worries that they’ll be a problem, Deondra is certain the demons are focused only on their matters. No need for concern.

Saturn likes what he hears, figuring victory is as good as theirs – why, even if Rom showed up— He stops short, as always not wanting to tempt fate by talking about the guy. Still, Deondra knows it’s only a matter of time before our backup arrives and she wants to grab the Gatling Boar before the Dendoh is here.
Looks like we’re going to be overwhelmed…

Or not – it’s the Transformers! Rod Drill yells with joy as he spots the Data Weapon but another Leina tells him to calm down. He’s scaring the thing!
“Sure, sure, I got it! Come on now, Data Weapon – it’s all goo—” he tries and fails, the Gatling Boar running off. Devil Saturn isn’t happy.

Triple Jim can only watch as the thing bolts away and Leina is quick to get on Drill’s case – that’s why she told him to pipe down! He cries he didn’t do anythiiiing… but Blue Jet (red guy) figures it wasn’t so bad, as they at least got the thing away from the Gyandolar’s clutches.
Our folks look on at these new arrivals, Sayaka seeing that they appear to have been after the Data Weapon. Does that mean they’re Gulfer or Gyandolar, Boss wonders. Kouji isn’t too sure, looking at their appearance.
Deondra starts laughing out loud at this and Leina recognizes her repulsive chuckle; she’d her from Rom (her brother) that they’d come back to life. Of course, Deondra has no recollection of that ever happening and tells her to quit with the nonsense. More importantly, Leina and crew pushed her prize to escape and that means they’ve a proper bashing coming their way.

Of course, Leina would never have left the Data Weapon get taken by scum like them. Saturn doesn’t appreciate the kid’s ever-present cheekiness; still, doesn’t look like Rom’s showing up today, so they’ve nothing to worry about!
Jet isn’t so sure, pointing out that no matter how many times they come back from the dead, his blade will always be ready to cut them down. Kouji asks if they’re friends of Rom and, indeed, Jet confirms – he’s also told them about us. And, thus, Leina says they’ll lend us a hand.
Saturn isn’t impressed and decides to just wreck us all together. Jet tells him to try…

Blue Jet
Pilot Skills:
  • Sword Cut L5
  • Counter L4
  • Support Attack L1
Spirit Commands:
  • Accelerate (5)
  • Invincible (10)
  • Focus (15)
  • Valor (40)
Jet’s Voice Actor: Shinya Ohtaki (other known works: Jiron in Xabungle, Corbett in Tekkaman Blade and many smaller roles)

I really like Jet and he’s easily the second best Machine Robo unit. He’s a melee guy just like Rom (though obviously not as strong) and he makes for a great mook sweeper; being S sized, he has a real easy time dodging and a high Sword Cut also adds to his untouchability. His stats are also pretty good where they need to be – melee, accuracy and evasion.
Range isn’t his best thing but his coverage is actually better than Rom. And to top it all off, he’s got a combined attack with the guy.
If you’re a spare slot in your team for a non-protag unit, Jet is very much worth considering.

Rod Drill
  • Prevail L4
  • Support Attack L1
  • Support Defense L1
Spirit Commands:
  • Guts (30)
  • Strike (20)
  • Valor (40)
  • Spirit (35)
Drill’s Voice Actor: Kouichi Hashimoto (other known works: Hyouga in Saint Seiya, Wong in G Gundam, Sley in Orguss and some more)

Eeergh… Drill’s not as good as Jet, that’s for sure. While he’s also got a combined attack with Rom for some good damage, he’s built around tanking but his only defensive spirit is alert (his fifth last)!
While he has that good Prevail and armor, he’s not really all that resilient. The cheap-ish (30 SP is still a lot) Guts helps but he’s still at risk if the enemies mob him and the RNG doesn’t cooperate.
Maybe this is all to offset the fact that, like Getter Liger, he can go underground and be untouchable to the enemy. But I never use that feature because you can’t attack from down there and MX isn’t difficult enough to demand that careful a playstyle.

Triple Jim/Super Car/Helicopter
Pilot Skills:
  • Support Attack L2
  • Support Defense L2
  • Guard
Spirit Commands:
  • Trust (15)
  • Vigor (20)
  • Cheer (35)
  • Bless (50)
Mech Features:
  • Resupply Module
Jim’s Voice Actor: Toshiharu Sakurai (other known works: Gai in Shin Getter vs Neo Getter, Doranikov in Doraemon, Mokomoko in Dragon Warrior/Quest and several more)

Guard won’t help much with that little HP, so always keep a close eye on Jim if you’re fielding him. He’s as pure a support as they come, lacking any and all defensive spirits. On the flip side, he has a pretty great list of spells.
Problem is, in a game where so many supporters can cast AND do nice damage via combined attacks, Jim is a bit lackluster.

Power Raiser (Leina Stoll)
Pilot Skills:
  • Tenacity
  • Support Defense L1
  • Mechanic – repair command heals 20% more
Spirit Commands:
  • Trust (15)
  • Alert (10)
  • Rouse (50) – increase the morale of adjacent units by 10
  • Bless (45)
~
Mech Features:
  • Repair Module
Leina’s Voice Actress: the late Yuko Mizutani (other known works: Excellen, Alfimi, Lemon and Seti in SRW, Sora in Digimon, Sarah in Z Gundam and many more)

And the requisite support girl for Machine Robo. She’s more equipped than most to deal damage but is still not that great and her defenses are godawful. At least Tenacity means she’ll always be getting a lot of exp, provided you can keep her alive. Your only choice here is capitalize on that S size, boost her mobility way up and make her a dodge machine.

With that done, let’s send Jet into the fray. We won’t kill too much – our priority now is to keep damaging Saturn until he’s under 50%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J-MXBUG-WY
For whatever reason, I expected him to be voiced by Tetsu Inada…

Get to work Drill – from the safety of that positive terrain, thanks.

Boom.

Oh, and the Mazinger’s now equipped with the weapons Yumi talked about!

: Hey, you walking punchline! Still haven’t learned your lesson from the other times you started crap with us?!
: Comedy’s all aboot repetition! Bit Ah’ll be coming oot oan top th’day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qYKmO5YCTM
I don’t get how “spinning your arm around real hard” is a removable weapon but alright.

While Boss kills a weakened mook, Maria goes for Saturn.

: Gehehe, this lassie’s a fresh face!
: You’d best take me seriously! Though my brother isn’t here, I won’t be beaten by the likes of you!
: “B-Brother”… Ye cannae be…!
: I’m Maria – sister of Duke Fleed!
: Och! ‘Er brother’s sure tae come aroond if Ah skelp this lass!
: Brother characters are jist the wirst fur us!

Just need a little bit more.

Enemy Phase!

Most enemies go for Jet and he leaves them be. Kouji, however, grabs a kill for a level and Sword Cut L2.

Player Phase!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CJnoiD7DYo
And here’s Chopper Jim’s best attack, getting rid of a RoBeast.

Here we go.

Yumi reports the arrival of the Magnate Ten and Duke’s quick to get confirmation of Maria and Kouji’s well-being.
As everyone deploys to protect the lab, Deondra isn’t yet willing to return empty handed.

Second part of out “get the ZZ folks leveled up” rush, we’re gonna get everyone but Mondo done today. Beecha’s there after the first attack, taking an assist from Roux and two levels.

Elle’s up next.

And she’s also at 25!

Let this sink in: Iino is higher level than Amuro.

Keep ‘em coming!

Falgos are worth surprisingly less exp than the Gulfer Capture RoBeasts.

Bright’s done.

Might as well have Ruri make herself useful.

We’ll save this for others.

Hugo can just oneshot Falgos, though.

And I never realized Asuka’s Progressive Knife has a much more elaborate motion than Shinji’s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPdp51eFNbc
It’s quite elaborate for what’s supposed to be a basic weapon. I guess that’s why she’s ELITE! :pcgaming:

Ayato and Akira each take a Horned Demon.

Enemy Phase!

Beecha’s AI insists on defending the Nadesico, even though I had TOLD HIM NOT TO WHEN DEONDRA ATTACKED! :cmon:

The Falgos don’t appreciate Hugo getting in their faces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjdljnHOl_k
Psh, these things are nowhere as cute as the Zarios.
And taking small damage: Aqua: “Hey, driver? Keep it steady, please.” > Hugo: “We must be A-OK if you got time to be cracking jokes.”

Ginga nabs a kill and weakens another demon. The shield demons waste their time trying to pierce the defenses of an Iron Wall’d Ayato.

Aaay!

Player Phase!

Roux finishes off the last Falgos and gets to level 25. Amuro takes a Shield Demon and does the same, learning Valor.

Let’s deal with Devil Saturn now.

: It’s bin ages, Leina! Still as bonnie ‘n’ peppy as ever, eh?
: Be quiet! I am the daughter of Kirai, founder of the Tenkuu Chuushin Ken style, and I won’t have you looking down on me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whzWYWdNECg

: Awright, thare! Ye still digging aw ower?
: Hey, don’t you go treating me like some mole! Now I’m gonna whoop your asses and bury the six of you six feet under!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEV5H9DQs0I
See here? This is why Drill doesn’t last.

: Wot the… Anither Kenpo fighter?! This planit jist gets worse ‘n’ worse!
: I’m a Karate fighter, villain! Get that into your head!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuysfX7Hcr4
Kazuya shows Drill how it’s done. And we also get the first (of many) instance of him parrying!

: Whae the hell are ye?! Ah’m gonnae wallap ye wan!
: Heh… Only punks try to intimidate their opponents with mere words!
: Y-Ye wot?!
: In other words, you’re tagging yourself as a small fry!

: None of you have changed a bit; ever the pathetic worms trying to act big.
: We’re the top renked commanders! Call us werms ‘n’ we’ll chop ye intae haggis!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yqgNZTxTHA
JEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Hueg gains!

Devil Saturn fears for his commander rank as he explodes and runs off.

Quattro, Ryouko and Jim also had lines for him:

: You people are incorrigible! If you will not cease your villainy, then you’ll find even me to be truly aggravated!
: C’moan, then! Shaw us how raging ye are!

--

: Oi! Yer nae moving?! Then Ah’ll jist donner ower yer crushed bones!
: This bold aura of his… it’s quite unbridled…!
: Wot?! Ye trying tae confuse me with they fancy wurds?!

--

: This wee lass wants tae ‘ave a rammy with us?! Ye’ve got guts!
: Zip you, you phony Scot! Thanks to someone, I’ve had it up to here with this sorta dumbass chit-chat!

And now all that’s left is Deondra.

: Much appreciated. I got an important hint thanks to you folks.
: I dunno what you're up to but the only thing I give to baddies are punches!

The Strengthened Rocket Punch is just the Daisharin one, only with a different color and one shot.

: Been a while, girl. Have you managed to shape up some?
: That’s none of your business, you old hag!
: And I see you’re as cheeky as ever! You’re gonna get what you deserve today!

: I’m not letting Sayaka one-up me right in front of Kouji!
: I’ve no idea what you’re on about but I really don’t care to listen to your fits!

: This is the end of the road! You’re not getting one finger on the lab while we’re here!
: Yeah, boss! You tell her!
: That’s how the top ace of the Magnate Ten rolls!
: Hmph… I see gung-ho pea-brains are a universal commodity…!

: You come all the way to a different planet just to do this crap again? Enough already!
: I’m the one who’s had enough of you chasing us!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku6R6xfuDKA
Here’s Drills strongest non-combined attack.

: I’m not letting you get anywhere near the Photon Lab!
: Ooh, how brave… Breaking girls like that is always worth my while!

: I knew Rom was hard to get rid of but you’re all just as bad!
: Heh… That’s my line. The phrase “the more knave, the better luck” fits you all to a T!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilf0EjRavG0
Boosh!

But I give the kill to Akira since he was a little bit behind and Jet isn’t. Now he knows Valor!
Relevant goodies are: a repair Kit, an Anti-Beam Coating, and a Biosensor.

Deondra’s annoyed but she figures the hint she got today was good enough. Off she goes.
That’s all enemies destroyed but, unfortunately, Eris can’t find the Data Weapon’s signal – she’s no idea where it ran off to. Their job done, Jet calls the others to leave and head to their rendezvous spot with Rom.
Kouji would like to talk some with them but, with an apology, they run off and leave us with only questions.

Jim also had words for Deondra:

: Y-You shan’t lay even one of your fingers on my lady so long as I’m here!
: Hmph… You think anything you say with that shaky voice is going to intimidate me?

Ginga’s bummed out that they didn’t make it in time to save the Gatling Boar but Hokuto figures we were lucky that the Gyandolar didn’t get their hands on it. Speaking of, Kirakuni saw quite a few similarities between the group just now and Rom – Kouji also heard them speaking of him. All this adds up to them also being Cronosians.
Even the airplane and car guy, Ginga wonders. Kyoshiro figures the Cronosians are more machine than people – hell, Sai felt they were closer to our MSs than to us. Kirakuni suggests that, like the Gulfer, the Cronosians are mechanical life forms.

: Those guys are absurd, is what they are… I thought that even way back when.
: Robots appearing out of thin air, guys coming from outer space speaking Scottish… That is what people call weird, and I get more than enough of that with the Gundam Fighters around.
: Huh?! What’s that supposed to mean?!
: You guys start glowing yellow right in the middle of battle! If that’s not weird, I don't know what is!
: Shush! Your robot’s weird, too, what with that cable dangling around like crap on a goldfish! (look it up)
: What did you say?!
: … Anyway, I’d wager the Gulfer and Gyandolar will be hunting the Data Weapons in earnest; and, on top of that, the Hundred Demon Empire is resuming its hunt for various energies. We have to track down the remaining Data Weapons and fast.
: Right…!

Eris is sharing her Data Weapon tracking program with Ruri – the development of the thing has slowed down thanks to the myriad problems we’ve been facing. Still, she’s seen that the Data Weapons react to a certain kind of energy – there must be some property that draws them to appear.
Thus, Ruri surmises, Eris wants help establishing what, exactly, that energy is; she’s been working at it for a while but progress hasn’t been too good. Ruri figures she can have Omoikane help analyze all that data, provided we’re not in combat. Finding the Data Weapons IS a priority, after all.
With that, Harry reports that the Nahel Argama is ready to depart – time for us to resume our patrol.

Back in the Spiral Castle, Altair demands to know why Deondra didn’t inform him the moment she found the Gatling Boar. She sniffs that he’s always working alone, so she figured she shouldn’t bother him.
Altair doesn’t buy that, of course, and reiterates that even if the Gyandolar got their hands on a Data Weapon, it’d be useless to them without the Dendoh or Ogre. Deondra is well aware, so Altair tells her to back off as they’re merely obstructing his mission.

He leaves and Devil Saturn is quick to fume at what an rear end knife-face is. Deondra doesn’t care, happy with the fact that Saturn’s words helped her understand something very important: why Gades sent them to this backwater planet.
See, there’s something the Data Weapons seek besides the Dendoh: powerful energies, which they're lured to. And a "powerful energy" with a capital P is what Gades is looking for - new Hyribead!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 24, 2017

heavybassX
Jul 27, 2016

Oh hey it's Fitor from the Renegades

heavybassX fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Nov 1, 2016

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Leina's protrayal in Machine Robo was pretty inconsistent. Although the show stated she had been trained by her dad similar to Rom, she rarely got a chance to show it off. The vast majority of the series she was pretty much there to be rescued from something. The times she was allowed to show off a bit she proved she could handle herself against most henchmen types. One funny moment in the series was an episode where Rom had been captured and she led a rescue mission, at one point grabbing a bazooka and going to town with it.

She does get that powerframe around the end of the series and has a couple moments of awesome with it.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
I love the Machine Robo secondary characters so much. I'm really digging the sheer amount of crossover here, it's great.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Asuka just wants the Evas to get a shiny golden super mode.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Glazius posted:

Asuka just wants the Evas to get a shiny golden super mode.
Maybe they'll get something like that whenever Rebuild 4.0 gets released.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

No doubt it shall be powered by the tears of their dead first-born children.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
There's something suspicious about the Gyandolar. I'm just guessing here, but were they all wiped out and then resurrected by the Gulfer, but don't realize it? The story seems to be hinting at something like that.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Montegoraon posted:

This seems to be bright.txt in this game, for some reason. There seems to be a lot of "yeah, whatever, I'll just go along with that" coming from him.

That's pretty much ZZ Bright in a nutshell.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

General Revil posted:

That's pretty much ZZ Bright in a nutshell.

Yeah at that point he's realized that it's best to just let the newtypes do newtype things and not get in their way. Especially since he was 0-2 on Newtype Pilots getting out without traumatic brain damage/PTSD.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Onmi posted:

Yeah at that point he's realized that it's best to just let the newtypes do newtype things and not get in their way. Especially since he was 0-2 on Newtype Pilots getting out without traumatic brain damage/PTSD.

As awesome as Bright Noa is, he's kind of dealt a poo poo hand, getting out basically unscathed while one after another, he watches his friends and comrades get killed and traumatized around him. It takes a lot to overcome that much survivor's guilt, and it makes him feel like a profoundly tragic character, despite generally being pretty badass. It's a testament to his personal fortitude that he didn't completely snap at the end of Hathaway's Flash and try to drop the rest of Axis himself. Figure since V's coming out soon, it'd be polite to spoiler tag that bit, even though it's not relevant to MX.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

V's not dealing with the plot of Hathaway's Flash, so I think you're in the clear on that one.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

EclecticTastes posted:

As awesome as Bright Noa is, he's kind of dealt a poo poo hand, getting out basically unscathed while one after another, he watches his friends and comrades get killed and traumatized around him. It takes a lot to overcome that much survivor's guilt, and it makes him feel like a profoundly tragic character, despite generally being pretty badass. It's a testament to his personal fortitude that he didn't completely snap at the end of Hathaway's Flash and try to drop the rest of Axis himself. Figure since V's coming out soon, it'd be polite to spoiler tag that bit, even though it's not relevant to MX.

Same for Kai, he's basically, by the time of Unicorn, the final surviving and active pilot of the White Base. Hayato died during the first Neo Zeon war and Amuro just vanished at the end of the second.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Onmi posted:

Same for Kai, he's basically, by the time of Unicorn, the final surviving and active pilot of the White Base. Hayato died during the first Neo Zeon war and Amuro just vanished at the end of the second.

I've just come to realize that no woman should EVER get romantically involved with anyone working in a Bright ship.

Mirai, Fraw, Kayra, Sayla, Emma, Fa, Reccoa, Chan... all of them end up losing either their boyfriend, husband and/or son.

Only ship that's immune to that is the Nahel Argama which is, precisely, led by Beecha and Otto. Guess we know who the superior captains are.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Onmi posted:

Active is probably not the word I'd use there since he never pilots an MS again after the war with Zeon concludes.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Materant posted:

Active is probably not the word I'd use there since he never pilots an MS again after the war with Zeon concludes.

That seems to be the secret to survival in UC Gundam, pray you survive long enough that you get an opportunity to quit, and never look back. Sort of adds a new dimension to the D-Team's choice a few chapters back, they probably just heard what happens to pilots that get involved with Bright and Amuro.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Onmi posted:

Don't forget Job John. He stayed active all the way to the end of the Sleeves conflict. Don't tell me you've ever seen Job John and Full Frontal in the same room as each other. They're clearly the same person.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

General Revil posted:

Don't forget Job John. He stayed active all the way to the end of the Sleeves conflict. Don't tell me you've ever seen Job John and Full Frontal in the same room as each other. They're clearly the same person.

I can see it now. In the new anime, Banagher tears open the Neo Zeong and from the wreckage emerges... a red Gunperry Mk. II!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

We joke but Job John does show up in I think F90 as someone working on the project.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Miku relates to Oki that Masato’s shut himself inside the Zeorymer’s cockpit, refusing to answer to her calls. He asks what happened during the last battle and the best she can say is that he’s seemingly changed into someone else – just as he did during the battle against the Lanster.
Is that the reason behind his indiscriminate attack during the battle with the two Hakke Robos, caring nothing for the safety of the Magnate Ten units? Miku thinks so, yes. Inwardly, Oki wonders if the conditioning he gave Masato to pilot the Zeorymer was TOO effective. Or maybe… no, that man is certainly…

Oki says he has no idea what’s going on and, moreover, Masato’s actions have just made it a whole lot more difficult to have the Zeorymer assigned to that team. This is the first Miku’s heard of that but Oki reminds her that it’s not just the Haudragon who are after the bot; its Dimensional Coupling System is the target of various different groups.
The Magnate Ten is home to the D Weapons, as well as the pivotal units of GEAR, TERRA and NERV. Does Miku know why? To draw the enemies’ fire upon a single target and have all those units work together to defend one another’s secrets. But doesn’t that run the risk of some of said secrets leaking to other organizations if they’re all in the same place?

Oki argues that it’s inevitable that secrets would leak at any given time, considering how blurred the lines between friend and foe are between those groups. Hell, he even expects NERV and TERRA to have already scoped each other out by this point.
Furthermore, it would be safer for Masato and Miku themselves to be among a moving squadron than stuck at this base. But will the Magnate Ten welcome them? Oki is making arrangements with GEAR’s Shibuya and the Federation’s brass – he’s kept the Zeorymer hidden for so long now and isn’t about to let it fall in the hands of the Haudragon or any other organization.

*door opens*

: … That’s good, Oki. Doing so is precisely your role in this.
: !
: Masato…!
: …Masato, what were you thinking back in the Science Fortress Lab skirmish?
: …
: He’s right… How could you have fought with such disregard for the Magnate Ten’s safety…?
: Hm… Hmhmhm… They are no more than pawns, meant only to deal with skittering vermin.
: H-How can you say that…!
: Hmph. You dare criticize me?
: Have you forgotten where you stand? Or is that you trying to convince me to play nice?
: W-what… I’m just worried about you!
: Hahahah… Well, aren’t you well-raised?
: Masato… are you…?
: Hmhmhm… Take this as your first and only warning, Oki: do not order me around.
: And don’t think you can control me either. I’ll be doing what I please, when I please…
: What…?!

*Alarm and explosions!*

: We’re under attack?!
: This signal…!
: The Hakkeshu never learn, do they…?
: Masato…!
: I’m launching the Zeorymer…!

*Masato walks away.*

: (His eyes… his attitude… No. No, that’s not possible…!)

Mission 21 – The Man with Two Faces

: There you are…!
: … Oh, it’s “Moon” this time? Miku, are we ready?
: ...Hmph, fine. If the system’s operating normally, then there’s no problem.
: I have waited… How have I waited for this moment – the moment where I shall rend you asunder, Zeorymer of the Heavens.
: Hah… The night needs not a second moon; especially when it sets itself before Heaven.
: In the name of Wind, Flame and Water… My Rose C'Est La Vie of the Moon will strike down your Heaven!
: Hmhmhm… the weaker they are, the louder they bark. Would you care to show me how you whimper in defeat, little mutt…?
: Come, Zeorymer!

Ritsu is rather far away, so we’ll start heading over.

Enemy Phase!

His movement range is also piss since his mech’s air movement rating is low.
So, let’s speed this up another turn.

Here he comes.

: Come on, then. Show me the Moon’s strength!
: This man is the Zeorymer’s pilot…?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J_35kU4Mag

: … I-I’m?!
: Masato...? Masato, is that you?!
: This is... inside the Zeorymer?! Why am I here?!
: A Hakke Robo attacked, so you decided to deploy…!
: I did?! With the Zeorymer?!
: …Yes…
: But... that’s not…!
: Hm? Its movements have grown sluggish…?
: I… I launched the Zeorymer myself?
: Y-Yes…
: I… I remember telling Mr. Oki… that I was launching but…
: But that… that wasn’t me speaking…! I didn’t actually want to do that…! What the hell happened?!
: This is the Zeorymer of the Heavens, destroyer of Wind, Flame and Water…? The creation of the man who foisted endless torment upon me…?!
: What happened to me, Miku?! Tell me! Who was that Masato?!
: Masato…
: I… I’m…!
: … Masato, we’re in the middle of a battle! The enemy’s right ahead!
: Urk…!
: (This isn’t going to work – he’s too confused…!)
: Mr. Oki, we can’t defeat the enemy like this! Please, request assistance from the Magnate Ten!
: It’s already being done. Hang on until they arrive. And keep an eye out; other enemies may have detected the Zeorymer’s energy signal and be en route.
: R-Roger…!
: I know not what happened, but if you cannot bring forth your full might, so much the better…! Vanish before my moonlight, Zeorymer!
: He’s coming, Masato! We need to fight back!
: Gch…! drat it!

Player Phase!

Masato’s morale has gone to poo poo, meaning we need to start casting Iron Wall or Ritsu will tear through him. Attacking him head-on will only result in unnecessary damage to us, so we’ll hold and let him take the initiative.

: You’re mine now, Zeorymer!
: What… What happened? Why did I…?!
: Just focus on the enemy right now, Masato!

Alright, that’s fine.

Player Phase!

One turn after Masato gets back to normal, the plot kicks in.

: Hrm?! This signal is—!
: Backup’s arrived, Masato!
: “Backup”…? Is it…

: The Zeorymer…?
: The robot who attacked without any regard for us…? Why are we helping that thing?!
: She’s right! Who does that pilot think he is?!
: (I guess it’s to be expected that they feel this way. Despite the relationship between GEAR and Last Guardian, honestly, even I had major problems with what the Zeorymer did before…)
: Save this discussion for later. If we don’t put the enemy down quick, it’ll only cause more damage to the town. That’s more than enough of a reason for us to support the Zeorymer.
: That’s assuming the thing’s actually on our side.
: Tetsuya…!
: I’ve had just about enough with letting the brass’ agenda decide this for me, Duke Fleed.
: I agree. There’s been absolutely no indication that that’s a friendly.
: Ease up; this isn’t the time or place for a debate!
: Tetsuya, Hayato… if the Zeorymer does show itself to be hostile, then I’ll also be ready to do as needed. Is that answer good enough to you?
: …Fine.
: I’ve no objections.
: Captain, it’s probably best to designate the Zeorymer at least as a potential threat, no?
: Yes. All units, support it but do so at a distance.
: Roger that. We’re deploying!

: So they’re the Magnate Ten…! Still, I will not allow any to obstruct me!

Rose C'Est La Vie of the Moon (Ritsu)
Pilot Skills:
  • Prevail L3
  • Support Attack L1
Ritsu’s Voice Actor: Sho Hayami (Max in Macross, Kei in Orguss, Sandman in Gravion, Woodrow in Tales of Destiny and so much more)

Same deal as all previous Hakkeshu: big, strong pilot in a powerhouse, bulky unit. The Rose is strong in both range and melee attacks, with his big weapon being the J-Kaiser – a MAPW that hits nine squares in a straight line.
His attacks also have big accuracy modifiers, so your guys will very certainly need to be packing defensive measures beyond Focus. Approach at an angle and swarm.

I’ll bring Masato closer to be healed as most land-bound folks wade around the builds to reach Ritsu. Some can get closer, though.

Slow but steady wins the race here.

Here, let’s check Ritsu’s “vulcans”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GStc9AI-Yh0
Them’s some big vulcans!

Ryouma and Kaine take off another chunk of HP.

Enemy Phase!

And in come the Hundred Demon, though it seems they weren’t after our stuff today. Hidler’s just as surprised to find us while he was homing in one of the Zeorymer’s energy reading.
You know what it comes down to: destroy us and take the bot for the empire! Hayato sighs at their thieving antics, setting their sights on the Zeorymer after failing score the Getter Ray Amplifier. Ryouma’s not about to let the demons get anything to boost their strength, of course.

The Demons are closing in but don’t reach us yet. Ritsu keeps harassing Masato.

Player Phase!

Between our stray attacks, we only need a few more hits to send the guy packing. Let’s get to it.

: If you mean to attack, then my Rose C'Est La Vie of the Moon will answer in kind!
: Psh… Why do we have to help that jerk?!

: Do not intrude upon my battle with the Zeorymer!
: Hrm…! I’m not lending him a hand because I want to!

Ritsu runs under 13k HP. I could have easily killed him with a Valored attack plus a support but I didn’t care to waste time getting it set up.

Ritsu is livid that he’s unable to destroy the Zeorymer today and vows to get us back for this humiliation.

Off we go to deal with the demons. Since Dendoh flies well, I’ll park it here (with Iron Wall) to weaken these Shield Demons.

And there’s still this.

Two more levels to go!

Kazuya passes by Dendoh en route to the southeastern group.

Same goes for Kouji.

These things are ever-so-annoying, with their three shield charges.

The rest of our guys are moving on approach. Problem is, they’re being funneled onto that lone bridge since they can’t fly too good.

Enemy Phase!

Oh, I didn’t think Hidler would be coming in so soon. At least he chose an Iron Wall’d Kouji to attack.

: Trying to piggyback off this mess today, are you?! I figured demons would be all about brute force but you’re actually pretty shifty!
: Silence, I say! Silence! I am earning us a major victory, the most efficient way! Glory will be mine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbw-GAkUoao
And here’s the other attack of the Mecha Fortress Demon.

There go all demons, getting walloped by the Dendoh.

On the other side, I underestimated how much damage Masato would be taking due to his low morale.

That’s a not-insignificant damage for a Super with Iron Wall!

:supaburn:

Thankfully, that was the last one.

Player Phase!

There’s a Horned Demon dead and boom! I never have to use Mondo again and we’ve secured our future Dijeh!

Couple more kills for Ginga.

Excellent, and some more Prevail too.

Tetsuya gets a kill and Domon gets serious.

There’s finally room for Allenby to move in.

:sparkles:

Kaine’s fallen a bit behind since I didn’t take his route split.

That’s one dead and three levels with a Cheer cast.

Ryouma wraps up the southwestern side while Hugo clears that one demon who decided to go for a swim.

Enemy Phase!

Too bad for you, I’ve healed Masato.

: Zeorymer! I claim your limitless energy in the name of the Hundred Demon Empire!
: Kch…!
: Fight, Masato! We can’t let them take the Zeorymer!

Hah!

What about this?

It’s just the last bit of morale Domon needed for something.

Kaine’s survivor dies against Allenby.

Player Phase!

And, with that, she and Domon have enough morale to kick rear end together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM845zMjFS8
Did they do this in the original series? I can’t remember.

And, hey, might as well give another kill to the kids.

Here we go.

Only Hidler’s left now.

: Bring it on, Hundred Demons! Your party on Earth’s over now that I’ve returned!
: This is the Daimos? Well, don’t assume us to be cut of the same cloth as those Baamians!

: Hundred Demon Empire! Try as you might, so long as we’re here—
: I’ve had it up to here with your posturing! And, now, I’ll make sure you can’t open that big mouth ever again!

: Why have you come here, Hundred Demons?!
: You ought to know! We’re to acquire powerful energy sources and, with those, conquer the world! That is the true objective of the Hundred Demon Empire!
: Heh… You can always count on them to ramble about themselves.
: But you won’t get your hands on the Getter Rays or any other energies while we’re still around to stop it!

: So you’re the Hundred Demon Empire! But I’m afraid I’ll have to make this our first and last meeting!
: That’s fine by me! I’ll bury the lot of you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwk5t-siQbM
Next one of the Mazingers’ combined attacks – Triple Mazinger Blade is actually weaker than Double Lightning Buster.

Hidler calls for an immediate retreat and that’s all enemies down. The only problem left, Ruri sees, is the Zeorymer; it didn’t try to pull anything like last time, so Amuro asks Bright what to do.
Bright wants to know more about the thing in case we end up having to back it up again and, coincidentally, Last Guardian gets in touch right then. Misato figures the situation’s changed from the other day.

Notable drops are a Propellant Tank and a Dust Filter. Ritsu also had a Biosensor.

And, much to Bright’s shock, Oki says he wants to assign the Zeorymer to our team. ( :getin: )
But isn’t that Last Guardian’s most closely guarded secret? Yes and that’s precisely why he figures Bright will understand why he’s doing this.

Misato and Haruka see that Last Guardian’s decided to follow in everyone else’s footsteps, assigning the bot here as bait to the Haudragon. Oki’s already cleared it with the brass and Bright’s orders should be arriving soon, he says.
Bright’s not too keen on being foisted with a bot that nearly blew us up the other day but Oki argues that, if we’re talking dangerous units, the RahXephon and the EVAs deserve just as much caution. Yet, they’re in our team, no? Misato and Haruka can’t well argue that point.

Oki declares that, like GEAR, Last Guardian acts with the purpose of defending Earth. So, if anything, he’d like Bright to believe that to be true… but, Bright surmises, Oki still won’t divulge details about the Zeorymer. No, and Oki is glad he understands. Rubbing his temples, Bright confirms and shuts the comm.
When Amuro asks, Bright figures that one or two more secrets around here won't break the bank – in fact, this gives him a bargaining chip to use outside the army brass. Hopefully, by dancing to this tune, we can figure out a bit of what’s really going on.

Masato and Miku introduce themselves to the team, welcomed with glares from Hayato and Tetsuya; not that Miku expected otherwise. Domon’s surprised that the Zeorymer’s pilots are so young – Shinji figures they’re around his age. Were they really the ones who pulled that stunt during the Science Fortress Lab battle?
Masato’s sullen and Chibodee and Beecha can’t figure out what’s up with him – he’s like a completely different person from before, laughing like crazy. Does that mean, Aqua wonders, that it WAS someone else piloting the mech at the time? Hayato figures split personality is more likely here.
Daisuke only has one question to the two kids: for what reason are they flying the Zeorymer into battle? “To stop the Haudragon’s schemes,” Miku answers. And Masato: “Because… it’s my destiny. I’ve no other choice…”

Yet another similarity they share, Shinji ponders. Daisuke seems satisfied and bids them welcome as teammates. Miku thanks him, before pulling Masato away. Maria asks Daisuke if he’s sure about this but he argues that it matters not whether he is; ultimately, we WILL be working with them from this day forward.
Tetsuya is hardly happy with this but Daisuke figures those two have their own issues to deal with. Even if they won’t divulge what those are, he’d rather not treat them differently.

Chibodee asks if he’d still be acting like that if they went and shot us in the back but, as Daisuke said before, he’ll be ready to fight back if it comes to that. Hayato comments that by then it may be too late if the thing unleashes its full power.
Aqua realizes that he's right: the Zeorymer seems to be using a powering system that follows a similar concept to the TE Engine, though the energy and its source seem wholly different. Tetsuya also raises that the point that the Zeorymer was a Haudragon creation and Last Guardian is a VERY mysterious organization; what if both groups are actually dealing with each other in secret? In that case, the potential for damage is multiplied by ten.

But, in that case, Daisuke argues that they would’ve already made a move to destroy us. There were plenty of opportunities to do so. Even if Masato is to be suspected, more information is clearly necessary.
Domon concurs, surprising Chibodee that he’s being so trusting. “If you get fixated on what’s in front, you won’t see truth that’s hiding behind it. I learned that from Schwarz Bruder,” Domon says.
As Chibodee shuts up, Domon inwardly realizes something: “That boy’s eyes… They’re similar to Schwartz’s – Kyoji’s shadow...”

: Dimensional Coupling System?
: Yes, the Zeorymer’s equipped with that.
: And what is it, exactly?
: We don’t know details about the principle behind it but, in essence, it’s a system that draws upon unlimited energy from a different dimension.
: I’d found that as well but you look like you’ve more to say.
: A bit more, yes. It’s about the Zeorymer’s creator – Prof. Masaki Kihara…
: Have you met him?
: No, never, but I remember my father mentioning his name.
: Prof. Katsuragi… the creator of the Super Solenoid – a.k.a. S² – theory. He was leading a research team in the South Pole, fifteen years ago…
: Hm. And he lost his life when the Second Impact occurred.
: From your story, then, does that imply that Professors Katsuragi and Kihara worked together in NERV’s predecessor organization?
: …I think so.
: Still, Prof. Kihara died under mysterious circumstances fifteen years ago… It won’t be easy to get to the bottom of this.
: I wasn't expecting it to be… but I think it’ll be worth our while to do some digging.
: True… I’ll help as well.
: Depending on what crops up, we might find a connection between NERV and the Haudragon.
: This matter’s looking to be far more complicated than we thought.

Back at the Tekkoryu, Saiga is quick to laugh at Ritsu’s pathetic Moon – is this all his hatred amounts to? Psh. Ritsu easily loses his patience, only willing to accept such derision from the empress herself. Saiga isn’t impressed, wondering if someone who ran off with the tail between his legs should deign to speak like that.
Yura tells them to drop their pointless bickering. The situation’s changed now: other organizations have recently begun taking more vigorous action. Furthermore, the Tekkoryu still have some preparations to make for their Hades Project. With that in mind, they’ll hold back and observe for a bit; she sends Rockfell out to go and gather intel.
Inwardly, Yura ponders the Zeorymer, Masato and Miku: she will not tolerate their continued existence. When the time comes, she'll use the full might of the Tekkoryu to wipe them off the face of the Earth.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 18, 2016

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Masato being just a complete rear end in a top hat is just so amusing to me. :allears:

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 3, 2016

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I was just about to post about how annoying it is that Zeorymer is basically completely separated from the rest of the plots, but then they go and drop that connection with NERV out of nowhere and I'm kind of intrigued again.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

It's been a while since I watched G Gundam, but I'm pretty sure the Double Erupting Burning/God Finger got used during a tag team fight?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Booky posted:

It's been a while since I watched G Gundam, but I'm pretty sure the Double Erupting Burning/God Finger got used during a tag team fight?
Yep, that's where it originated from, the tag team battle episode (Episode 34).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Okay, that isn't a Haudragon, that's a goddamn Tekkaman. Ritsu, man, you're in the wrong series. Also your robot has a really dumb name.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Okay, that isn't a Haudragon, that's a goddamn Tekkaman. Ritsu, man, you're in the wrong series. Also your robot has a really dumb name.

Agreed and agreed. Turns out the torment Masaki gave Ritsu was registering his mech like that - the other Tekkoryu keep laughing at him behind his back, Saiga calls him Rose C'Est La Dork...

And I tried thinking of a mech with a worse name and came up empty.

That's your challenge for the day, thread.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Nov 4, 2016

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

Agreed and agreed. Turns out the torment Masaki gave Ritsu was registering his mech like that - the other Tekkoryu keep laughing at him behind his back, Saiga calls him Rose C'Est La Dork...

An existing Mech?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Brunom1 posted:

[obscure Zeon suit goes here]

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

GilliamYaeger posted:

[obscure Zeon suit goes here]

Naah, Zeon liked slapping random syllables together and calling it a "name". There're some weird ones, like good ol' Big Zam, but none that strikes me as being on the same "holy poo poo, why?" level as Ritsu's.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Ideon has a spaceship called "Crap". Does that count?

heavybassX
Jul 27, 2016
Isn't this guy whose best weapon is the J Kaiser? Or have we not seen it yet?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

heavybassX posted:

Isn't this guy whose best weapon is the J Kaiser? Or have we not seen it yet?

It is but Ritsu didn't get a chance to use it in this battle. By the time he had morale, I'd sent him packing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Brunom1 posted:

ZAFT's ZAKU. ZAFT Armed Keeper of Unity. Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty Armed Keeper of Unity. Much worse than Rose C'Est La Vie of the Moon.

• Locked thread