Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

TheMostFrench posted:

Dogs that don't look anything like celebrities!

Lol bill got owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Trig Discipline posted:

I come from a poor as gently caress background in Oklahoma and I still have a lot of friends back there. It's never the people who've done super-well who post this sort of poo poo, it's always the ones who are just slightly better off than minimum wage foodservice jobs and want everyone to notice how at least they're not doing THAT for a living. It's loving gross.

Exactly. I had to block a guy on FB that I've known for like 25 years because he lived in upstate NY and did nothing but bitch for months about that $15/hr thing for fast food workers. Of course, he works in a dog food factory and probably doesn't make any more than that. I tried once or twice to give him the old semi-Marxist 'workers, don't let The Man divide you, support your fellow laborers' thing, but it did no good.

And lol about the veneer micrometer guy, my dad tought me how to read those when I was like 10.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Yes, all of those minimum wage workers should work as machinists. If literally everyone was a machinist or programmer, no one would be poor.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The two questions that meme makes me think of.

What sort of machinist only gets paid $15 an hour? How many decades ago was that the going rate for one?

There is punching down, and then there is punching down.

Risky
May 18, 2003

$15 an hour is close to what they should be making if you account for inflation. Then I see people like EMTs and Paramedics bitching about them not deserving that much because that's what they make. Well, maybe you are the one who is underpaid considering you are, I don't know, helping to save people's loving lives?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Cassandra fuckin owns

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Risky posted:

$15 an hour is close to what they should be making if you account for inflation. Then I see people like EMTs and Paramedics bitching about them not deserving that much because that's what they make. Well, maybe you are the one who is underpaid considering you are, I don't know, helping to save people's loving lives?

It's easier to bitch at other people who are getting screwed than to admit there's a big juicy cock being rammed up your own rear end in a top hat.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
"I'm here to ask about the accounting job you advertised"

"That's great, but I hope you realize that unless you can perform all your duties on this little thing, we can't legally pay you above minimum wage" *reveals a micrometer*

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
EMTs are basically glorified taxi drivers

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Picnic Princess posted:

Cassandra fuckin owns

Cassandra for fuckin president

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

ocrumsprug posted:

The two questions that meme makes me think of.

What sort of machinist only gets paid $15 an hour? How many decades ago was that the going rate for one?

There is punching down, and then there is punching down.

When I was working as an entry-level manual machinist in the Silicon Valley, the journeymen were making like $20/hr. In 1985.

Of course, within a couple years, all the semiconductor work went overseas and 90% of the shops closed down, but free trade, right?

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

I AM NOT MAD THIS IS IN FACT FUNNY TO ME

i love the Being Mad Online people. They are the most fun.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Every machinist or pipe fitter or CNC operator I've ever met in my life has bragged about "building parts for the space shuttle/station"

e: it's like their version of "my uncle works at nintendo"

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

Ein cooler Typ posted:

EMTs are basically glorified taxi drivers

I'm not an EMT nor do I have any family or friends who are, but you're a retard to think this. I have tons of respect for those guys, regardless of their skill level or training, the poo poo they have to go respond to and deal with is hard enough.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah but they're still glorified taxi drivers

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Make a FB group about it

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
taxi drivers don't have to go to the part of town where they get assaulted for "helping the police"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

reallivedinosaur posted:

taxi drivers don't have to go to the part of town where they get assaulted for "helping the police"

That's because they don't help the police

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

reallivedinosaur posted:

stop reading breitbart

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Genderfluent posted:

stop reading breitbart

never read brightbart

stopped living in Baltimore though, that helped a lot!

pinkacidbootson
Apr 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

A mother of two young children.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

reallivedinosaur posted:

True, taxi drivers get assaulted in every part of town for having money in their cars and also for being not white

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I've known three EMTs and they were all huge pieces of poo poo

gently caress em

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

in realivedinosaurs defense, most taxi drivers have also had someone violently die in their vehicle.

he's still dumb as gently caress though

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Facebook Aunt posted:

Silence is consent.

if silence is consent then.....posting on facebook is war?

IM A SOLDIER GOD DAMNIT I GOTTA BLOG TODAY

ONE SHARE ONE LIKE AND ONE FOLLOW OR HILLARY'S GONNA WIN, SURELY THIS WILL STOP HER!!!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

extra stout posted:

ONE SHARE ONE LIKE AND ONE FOLLOW OR HILLARY'S GONNA WIN, SURELY THIS WILL STOP HER!!!

Yes, Facebook is war and you are a warrior. A warrior for justice and the american way. A social justice warrior, if you will

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

extra stout posted:

lol saying facebook war reminded me of a picture my mom shared a few years ago. It was somebody holding a dollar bill with the word god crossed out and replaced with allah in the "In God We Trust."

The caption was "And you don't think we're at war? Spiritual warfare is still warfare!" or something similar.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
"Nostalgia" posts crap that caters to millennials, ie "remember when there were only 150 Pokemon". They're running out of ideas, though...

edit: uploaded uncropped pic by accident

Leroy Dennui fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Oct 31, 2016

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

My dad ate dirt and now he's dead

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I never ate dirt as a kid.

Also "squad" is really weird as far as modern slang goes, supposedly it's what "the kids" are using instead of crew or whatever, but the only times I ever really hear it being used is by older moms on FB like that image quoted above, and in poo poo like those Truth anti-smoking PSAs, which are the epitome of "well what do kids today think is cool?"

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I ate fiberglass and ground up rocks and I died

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Kelp Me! posted:

I never ate dirt as a kid.

Guess you're not a '90s kid, then :c00lbert:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I wanged a kid in the head with a SkipIt once does that count

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kelp Me! posted:

I wanged a kid

Hello Aatrek.

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just letting the thread know, I am checking into Standing Rock Indian Reservation.

But not really, wink wink.

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Now we're talking :goku:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

pinkacidbootson posted:

A mother of two young children.

This squad contains 8 of 12 signs. 2/3 of humanity. That isn't a squad, it's a majority.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Anyone got any badass coal rollers on their timeline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Also yeah, I have no idea what standing rock is and I'm nowhere near it but I'm checking in there because I'm woke af.

• Locked thread