Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

discworld is all I read posted:

Nuke Eject can only be used once you're doomed. If you do it before, then you just do a normal eject.

Naw dude you can nuke eject whenever you want. Great way to kill the dropship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

The tooltip specifically says only when doomed. They changed that from tf1

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So if there are a bunch of enemy Titans grouped together you can dash in as Ronin and nuke them? Rad.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Can we mention how good the gun sounds are? COD keeps dubbing it's trailers to sound good and here anything that packs a punch is like :tviv:

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Snuffman posted:

Weird complaint, but I miss the game being IMC vs. Militia. Both factions had distinct visual looks for pilots and titans. Its a weird thematic choice to make pilots more "free-agents" working for a variety of factions this time around. I suppose it sort of makes sense since The Frontier is cut off from Earth, so it would follow that the 2 factions would splinter without support from home.

Also, I wish there was an IMC campaign this time around too, I just want more single player. It was so good.

I'm with you on that. Mostly because I really like when you can tell enemies and allies apart without having to rely on UI or colored outlines. Even if it's just team colors like in Team Fortress 2 (the original TF2).

I think it's something Counter-Strike does really well. Even in CSGO where the player models depend on the map, you can immediately tell terrorists and counter-terrorists apart

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Antoine Silvere posted:

The tooltip specifically says only when doomed. They changed that from tf1

Well that sucks. That was a great way to get a double titan kill and immediately get your titan back. Why would they do that? Boooo.

Carecat posted:

Can we mention how good the gun sounds are? COD keeps dubbing it's trailers to sound good and here anything that packs a punch is like :tviv:

The railgun and kraber sound especially meaty this time around. Unfortunately I feel like a lot of the sounds lacks the directionality it has in the first game. I used to be able to tell exactly where someone was from the footsteps/jump jets but in 2 it sounds like it's coming from all around me. This is using good headphones too.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
This pilot execution was worth the 300 credits. :allears:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Has anyone noticed really lovely hit detection today? There have been multiple times where I've hit an enemy pilot with every mastiff shot, got the hit noise but they take absolutely no damage.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Has anyone noticed really lovely hit detection today? There have been multiple times where I've hit an enemy pilot with every mastiff shot, got the hit noise but they take absolutely no damage.

There were some infuriating instances last night where I would shotgun-pistol dudes in the face and killcam would show me wildly missing every shot, but more likely than not I'm just a bad.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Wazzit posted:

This pilot execution was worth the 300 credits. :allears:
Talking of credits, are they just for early / cosmetic unlocks? Or do you get to keep whatever you spend them on through prestige / regeneration permanently? I'm hesitant to spend mine. :ohdear:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

limited posted:

Talking of credits, are they just for early / cosmetic unlocks? Or do you get to keep whatever you spend them on through prestige / regeneration permanently? I'm hesitant to spend mine. :ohdear:

You get to keep them through prestige

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Yeah spend away on items you want, you won't have to worry about earning them again after regeneration.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Now the problem is that I don't have enough for holo and satchels :ohdear:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Edit: ^^ Ooo satchels are dope. Holo sucks though for real. Maybe I'll grab phase early though.

My cred unlocking priority list:

-Smart Pistol Boost
-No jet trials/silent rodeo
-random boost
-battery boost
-Smart Pistol Boost
-Smart Pistol Boost

Question: Can you use boosts while in phase? Like can I phase shift and then use phase rewind?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Yeah, I've pretty knowledgeable about this game; but yeah, the change was made to make it less exploitable.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Is there something that take the dash away from a Titan?

My scorch setup right now doesn't have one and I can't figure out why.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

a real chump posted:

Is there something that take the dash away from a Titan?

My scorch setup right now doesn't have one and I can't figure out why.

Heavies have 0 dashes, mediums have 1, lights have 2.

You had dash core for +1 and took it off, so you lost your single dash.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Am I crazy or did they get rid of the ability to hack spectres in multiplayer? I feel like I tried several times last night and it just said hold F to execute and then someone would shoot me while I was standing there trying to press E.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I never played TF1 or any fast time to kill shooters prior to this one. I'm doing ok every round until titans come out, then I tend to fall off. Are there any general tips for someone new? I've been using CAR, charge cannon, ticks, gravity star, and stim with Tone, though I like Scorch and Northstar.

I don't know where crit spots are, that kind of thing. I just try to jump around like a cool wall running moron and shoot guys before running/jumping some more.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

They removed it. A shame, really.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Emron posted:

I never played TF1 or any fast time to kill shooters prior to this one. I'm doing ok every round until titans come out, then I tend to fall off. Are there any general tips for someone new? I've been using CAR, charge cannon, ticks, gravity star, and stim with Tone, though I like Scorch and Northstar.

I don't know where crit spots are, that kind of thing. I just try to jump around like a cool wall running moron and shoot guys before running/jumping some more.

The crit spots glow red when a Titan's shield is down. Usually it's somewhere on the front of the torso, although the exact shape varies by model.

Also, the floor is lava. Your dude actually accelerates by running on walls, and you can maintain that momentum by jumping between walls and bunnyhopping along the ground.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

ninjahedgehog posted:

The crit spots glow red when a Titan's shield is down. Usually it's somewhere on the front of the torso, although the exact shape varies by model.

Also, the floor is lava. Your dude actually accelerates by running on walls, and you can maintain that momentum by jumping between walls and bunnyhopping along the ground.

And sliding! Sliding is hugely important to maintaining momentum. Also you slide super fast downhill!

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Anticheese posted:

They removed it. A shame, really.

Then why can you still do it in the singleplayer campaign? I feel like that's training people for a skill that no longer exists.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

And sliding! Sliding is hugely important to maintaining momentum. Also you slide super fast downhill!

It's a little unintuitive but you have to let go of forward to maintain your momentum while slide hopping. You can strafe left/right just fine though. Also don't use toggle crouch, it makes you have to press crouch every hop.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Emron posted:

Hmm... it'd be a pretty huge effortpost to give tips on every area, there's a lot of room to learn.

But here's some stuff:

1) Use all dem guns. Some are definitely better than others, but cycle through them until you find some that feel good to you personally, because a lot depends on your playstyle. If you're constantly aggro and rushing, you're probably going to favor SMGs or shotties over ARs or LMGs.

2) Charge Cannon/Archer deal more damage (charge in particular if you hit crit points), but the MGL and Thunderbolt are safer to use because you can duck in and out of cover firing them. The Charge cannon requires pinpoint accuracy and you need to stay in the open to land the shot, same deal with the lock for the Archer and it alerts Titans you're locking. I personally prefer the MGL but it has limited range so the charge/archer are better on wide open long range maps (hello Homestead).

3) Lots of boosts are good. I favor Amped weapons if I'm pilot focused, spare battery if I want to go ham with my Titan, or Map Hack if I just want my team to win. Dice roll is both fun and pretty useful, since it often gives you a more expensive boost quickly.

4) All the Titans are good, Tone is gooder than the rest for various reasons (partly because pubbies can't deal with dash and shield together). If you have specific questions about specific Titans, ask em.

Crit points are the glowing red areas on Titans, many weapons deal bonus damage if you hit crit points, some weapons are made for it (Northstars rifle, the charge cannon, several grenadier guns, even LMGs can do solid damage if you hit crits).

Running and jumping like a moron while shooting dudes is the correct and good way to play. Learn to chain slides into jumps into wallruns into slides again and you can haul rear end through maps. Avoid rooftops unless you're using a long range gun, you stand out to pilots and titans. Use alleys, low walls, and map edges to move around the map quickly and safely.

If you're having problems with the Titan stage of the game, try using Stim or Cloak. Both will let you close the distance with Titans quickly and safely. You need to master the movement so you can close with Titans out of sight and faster than they can spot you.

The whole Titan vs Pilot thing is total cat and mouse. They can kill you with a single melee swing, step on you, or shoot you with a variety of one shots, but you can move in many places they cannot, and you're harder to spot (again, unless you're standing on a roof charging your cannon).

Unlock the Low Profile perk, it removes the clank clunk clunk noises you make when rodeoing a Titan, and use Arc grenades to blind Titans, both make stealing batteries easier. Steal a battery to get 66% of your Titan charge, deposit it in a friendly titan to get the remaining 33%. One successful battery hijack gives you your boost and your Titan in one go, so its worth learning how to do.

If the situation isn't safe for a rodeo (big Titan brawl, alert Titan watching an area), learn to use the anti-titan weapons to gently caress them up. Use buildings, windows, hard cover and distance to protect yourself.

And of course, depending on the mode, you don't necessarily even need to engage in anti-Titan antics, if there is AI to kill or an objective to cover, you can kill AI and other pilots to get your Titan charge while staying away from enemy Titans.

Pubbies are generally fairly awful at anti-pilot Titan usage, so once you get good with the movement and have the right kit to help you fight them, you can be just as much of a threat to Titans on foot as in your Titan.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Why is no jet-trails/silent rodeo good? Doesn't the Titan pilot still get a notice about being rodeoed?

victrix posted:

I'm guessing Scorch and Legion are heavy, Ion and Tone are medium, and Ronin and Northstar are light?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Aquasnake posted:

Am I crazy or did they get rid of the ability to hack spectres in multiplayer? I feel like I tried several times last night and it just said hold F to execute and then someone would shoot me while I was standing there trying to press E.

I hacked robots in multiplayer before. Had trouble doing it recently, might be a real picky spot.

Also having a lot of trouble getting executions to work instead of just punching people in the back of the head. It's just hold melee right? Do you have to be in real close when you start?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Aquasnake posted:

You can't hack them in bounty hunt. Only in attrition.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

RatHat posted:

Why is no jet-trails/silent rodeo good? Doesn't the Titan pilot still get a notice about being rodeoed?

Not until you're already stealing the battery. The no trails is the important part since they are like bright red flares to both pilots and titans. Cloak is almost useless without it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Guys I think my eject is broken

Taken from Reddit

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Aquasnake posted:

No, it's still possible, but you'll most likely get killed doing it.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Wazzit posted:

Yeah all the original Titan weapons are in the campaign, fully remodeled/reskinned. Would be nice to see a Chaingun or Quad Rocket titan in MP.
Accelerator Chaingun was my baby in the first game. Its spirit lives on in Legion's gatling but it just isn't the same without the aimpoint buckling up and down as your titan attempts to compensate for the recoil.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

RatHat posted:

I'm guessing Scorch and Legion are heavy, Ion and Tone are medium, and Ronin and Northstar are light?

To your latter point, yes that is the correct categorization.

As to the silent rodeo/jet-trails. So yes the person will get notified however there is a significant delay between when rodeo sounds begin and when the pilot is notified. Meaning if they don't for a while longer even if you pop smoke as soon as they see you the notice, I don't believe the smoke will kill the pilot in time.

Secondly, and as mentioned before, I am a total cloak whore. Cloak makes you super duper invisible to titans but if you are sliding, jumping or wall running your jet pack lights up like a christmas tree. Even more so if you knab a battery.

And if you eject and cloak or if you have auto eject your pilot is still visible again because of your jetpack. If you plan on stealing batteries just know you will have a giant battery symbol on your person after you take it unless you are cloaked furthering the important of reducing visibility.

Basically if you cloak with the no-jet-trail perk you are almost completely invisible to titans.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did this backwards but after prestiging I went back to finish the campaign and it's fully sick. Every level feels fun and unique

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish there was a series of challenge gauntlets. I feel like I could be better at wall running. Especially shooting while wall running. I

feel like I don't utilize it in mp enough. Don't get me wrong I'll wall run and grapple to my destination as much as a possibly can, but I barely pull off being able to use it to flank an enemy. It's drat hard to aim well while doing it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

victrix posted:

So heavies have no dash? That's kinda rear end, the 1, 2, 3 set-up from the first was definitely better.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

So heavies have no dash? That's kinda rear end, the 1, 2, 3 set-up from the first was definitely better.

Dash core adds one, so they end up as 1/2/3 if you use it. Scorch/Legion are also noticeably more tanky than the other Titans (barring being an idiot and completely standing in the open against multiple Titans anyway).

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

s.i.r.e. posted:

Its good balance, also you really don't need a dash on legion or scorch to be effective. However on both the heavies the dash core perk is probably the best perk to take anyway.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I've been having poo poo matches off and on since the game launched, they're not exactly regular but because of the speed of the game when the game suffers from latency issues it's way more noticeable and infuriating than I think any game I've ever played. Melee especially becomes worthless if your target has a poo poo ping, you'll randomly drop the CoD-knife lock and slide past them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puke pentagram
Jun 12, 2015

Antoine Silvere posted:

It's just "Titanfall Goons", no 2

thank ya