Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

just merge it with the star citizen thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The Promise Has Been Made and I still believe.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
yo real talk cancer isn't gonna get cured, how do i get my money back from charities

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i didnt back the kickstarter and i want my money back!

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Real talk togsters probably need that 15 bucks a lot more than I do at this point

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
So, seriouspost, the stains on my Cyberdwarf dakimakura are probably never coming out. How do I get my virility back. This really isn't funny anymore.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
when was it ever "funny"? get that corporate attitude out of here

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
How many gun skins does Frankie have left? Whenever I tune it to his podcast because his Prog Rock playlist and soothing French Canadian accent are great for helping me focus on homework, I try to not ask how many gun's are left because I know he only works on Barkley stuff once a week now, and it's totally fine and dandy that he has his own projects, but for lack of a little ticker to show gun progress over the course of months I need to occasionally ask.

I fully believe that this project WILL come out just not for a bit because it's not their full time job anymore and they need to eat. It's not like Star Citizen where they have set up a massive intercontinental game studio empire funded by a steady stream of deep-pocketed dads with Asperger's, and being made on an engine so lovely that five years just walking into an object will make all the physics poo poo itself like it's a Vinesauce ROM corruption video. Though apparently there's the problem where Game Maker is not meant for projects this huge and it takes hours to compile changes so maybe that ISN'T the least apt analogy in the world....

To not let this post go without a dumb unfunny mention about an old rear end dead joke, Dilbert Guy in the news recently and it made me think of the Dilbert Videos and the related awesome Robocop GBA game song.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 31, 2016

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

So, seriouspost, this game is probably never coming out. How do I get my money back. This really isn't funny anymore.

investing for laughs is the real joke

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
All joking aside, this Kickstarter is basically why I only back projects by companies with a proven crowdfunding track record now.

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 1, 2016

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Don't get impatient people this game has only been in development for 13 months they were building a game studio before that

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

what would my $20 pledge be, adjusted for inflation?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Much like this inspiring rendition of the Space Jam theme, the ToG boys have decided to spend extra time working on the good part: building Barkley 2 fan anticipation levels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF53Pd1kXjQ

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
The refund process is quick and easy. Just follow the convenient link in the endgame credits of Pozzo Jello Crusade.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
frankie that full body portrait of X114JAM9 in the status screen looks really bad, like an emaciated crow-person.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
sorry our 2D diablo-with-guns game is 3 years overdue and we've stopped communicating about what we're doing

but games are hard, guys

anyway the good news is they finished the background graphics for their dialog boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it makes sense that it took them 4 years to get to this groundbreaking milestone

before that the last update we heard about was that they really tightened up the roll animation

these are not jokes, or even joke's. those two are literally the only things we've been told about the game this year. that, and that there's an insane amount of wasted effort on hand-drawing gun's for months unending and they're maybe halfway done

WarpDogs fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 1, 2016

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Freakazoid_ posted:

frankie that full body portrait of X114JAM9 in the status screen looks really bad, like an emaciated crow-person.

you forgot to post it

BattleHamster fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 1, 2016

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Is 999 a high or low amount of Piety?

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

SkeletonHero posted:

Is 999 a high or low amount of Piety?

yes

Captain Queernabs
Dec 25, 2005

Fig. 1: bonehorse
Pillbug
every small Barkley 2 update makes me happy. i don't care if it takes until 2023 or not. i loved Barkley 1 so much and didn't pay for it and I am happy to wait however long it takes... being a whinyboy about a kickstarter smells kinda gauche. The Promise Has Been Made.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SirPenguin posted:

sorry our 2D diablo-with-guns game is 3 years overdue and we've stopped communicating about what we're doing

but games are hard, guys

anyway the good news is they finished the background graphics for their dialog boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it makes sense that it took them 4 years to get to this groundbreaking milestone

before that the last update we heard about was that they really tightened up the roll animation

these are not jokes, or even joke's. those two are literally the only things we've been told about the game this year. that, and that there's an insane amount of wasted effort on hand-drawing gun's for months unending and they're maybe halfway done
a rare glimpse into what it's like to be TREND

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
my biggest regret is not pledging for a true cyberdwarf dakimakura, with applebottom

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
I stream work on barkley2 three times a week, at 8pm. Tuesday and Thursday its general work, Wednesdays is gun stuff. There are about 415 gun sprites left. Latest material I completed were digital gun's, which look like high tech blasters. I started on the Marble gun's last time, which are made of marble statues, columns and gold bits, like theyre made from a cathedral or church. They might have stained glass bits too?

Streaming right now, working on some menu icons and UI elements. Might also start sketching bits of the gun's breeding cinematic.
https://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't get why people are blaming tog. maybe if they got more money we'd have the game. bullshit like tides of numenora and shenmue 3 or whatever get millions while the sequel to the funniest game ever made got like 100k. i mean c'mon.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I want to wield marble gun's.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Groovelord Neato posted:

i don't get why people are blaming tog. maybe if they got more money we'd have the game. bullshit like tides of numenora and shenmue 3 or whatever get millions while the sequel to the funniest game ever made got like 100k. i mean c'mon.

this man is correct, and speaks nothing but the drat truth.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Tales of Game’s Studios Presents Chef Boyardee’s Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa Chaos Dunked its way into my heart so many years ago, and I can't wait for Tales of Games's to do it with The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 - Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

SirPenguin posted:

but games are hard, guys

Every time someone posts with corporate attitude the release date gets pushed back another month. Please stop ruining it for the rest of us.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Imagine four B-balls on the edge of a cliff

dv2700
May 10, 2010
barkley 2 is worth it just to see sirpenguin squirm

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

Is Tides of Numenera supposed to be bad? I know nothing about it other than it's a spiritual sequel to P:T, the Best Video Game of All Time. That and it's been in EA since loving forever which I don't know why the hell anyone would play through an RPG of all things in EA.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

staplegun posted:

Is Tides of Numenera supposed to be bad? I know nothing about it other than it's a spiritual sequel to P:T, the Best Video Game of All Time. That and it's been in EA since loving forever which I don't know why the hell anyone would play through an RPG of all things in EA.

Hard to say, it's only available via early access right now. Seems reviews of the early access form are mixed. We'll see when it comes out for real, but I anticipate it will probably not live up to the original Torment, even if it's pretty good.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Later this month is Space Jam 's 20th anniversary, just as a heads up

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

was there another goon who used this thread to talk about his giant waifu fighting game or is that just a fever dream?

woulda been some years ago.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
you're talking about cabbagepots and yeah

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

staplegun posted:

The best part of P:T was the writing.

Numenera is by the studio that did Wasteland 2, a game where the writing quality ranges from "wasteland fanfiction" to "acceptably mediocre for a video game."

It might turn out to be alright (not sure what the actual gameplay will be like), but hoping for another Planescape is just gonna get you hurt.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
I heard that Game Maker Studio 2 is coming out soon and is in beta as of today. Will this help the production of Barkley 2 2/3 the final gun?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

staplegun posted:

shenmue 3 is the bigger travesty.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

nerdz posted:

you're talking about cabbagepots and yeah

I thought he had his own thread? Maybe that happened later.

Archenteron posted:

Later this month is Space Jam 's 20th anniversary, just as a heads up

Space Jam was the first moopie I saw in a theatre. I was 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Truecon420 posted:

I heard that Game Maker Studio 2 is coming out soon and is in beta as of today. Will this help the production of Barkley 2 2/3 the final gun?

it's backwards compatible so it might actually if most of their problems are issues with the engine