Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
It just occurred to me that Rotomdex was not a pokemon in the leaked Pokedex. They actually give you a pokemon that is with you at all times and acts as a pokedex who you can't use and isnt in the pokedex itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zore posted:

have you considered using one of the literal dozen pokemon before the gym that can easily beat Onix?

Even Beedrill doesn't have too much of an issue.

idiot, baka, fool, beedril isn't in yellow

turn in your goddamn badges you're a fake trainer, get out of here!!!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6CoRvXafb8

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Space T Rex posted:

It just occurred to me that Rotomdex was not a pokemon in the leaked Pokedex. They actually give you a pokemon that is with you at all times and acts as a pokedex who you can't use and isnt in the pokedex itself.

It's the same with Charizard. The Charmander line isn't in the full Aloladex either, numerically it starts with the Caterpie line. All the other field mons such as Tauros, Lapras, Sharpedo, Mudsdale and Stoutland are catchable in Alola but Char isn't. Maybe Ash lends his one to you, like he did with his Greninja in the demo.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zore posted:

You forgot

Braxien
Croconaw

Disgusting.

How can you like lumpy caveman lizard more than a badass alligator?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Braixen is popular enough that it was made playable in Pokken over its evolved form.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Internet Kraken posted:

Disgusting.

How can you like lumpy caveman lizard more than a badass alligator?

Caveman lizard is a great design and doesn't hold its arms out at a 90 degree angle like an idiot!!!!

Mohawk caveman gator is great.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

sceptile owns and would also be a good pokemon to have for the christmas season

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

please someone draw me a christmas tree sceptile

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Just a reminder that the Pokémon Global Link shuts down tomorrow (November 1, 12 AM UTC) and won't reopen until sometime after Sun & Moon launch, so if you have any spare Pokémiles left in your X/Y/OR/AS games you may as well spend them now. All attractions are still half price and Ability Capsules are 5,000 each. There's still in-game vendors for Pokémiles, but the selection is limited and more expensive.
  • Poké Doll Grabber - Uncommon/rare berries
  • Mine Cart Adventure: Premium Pokéballs
  • Graffiti Eraser: EV-training items and vitamins
  • Balloon Popping: Evolution stones/trade evolution items

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Zore posted:

Caveman lizard is a great design and doesn't hold its arms out at a 90 degree angle like an idiot!!!!

Mohawk caveman gator is great.

Arms out at 90 degrees is actually normal for alligators, that's that reptile body plan at work. :spergin:

I knew Cyndaquil was going to be my best gen II buddy forever but Totodile gave me serious pause to consider,

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Arms out at 90 degrees is actually normal for alligators, that's that reptile body plan at work. :spergin:

I knew Cyndaquil was going to be my best gen II buddy forever but Totodile gave me serious pause to consider,

Yeah, but it looks dumb as hell when they're bipedal.

Just... put your arms down dude. They aren't wings.

I literally had to stop using Feraligatr in an X/Y playthrough because it bothered me so much.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
When did we get a list of version-exclusive mons, relative to release day, in previous generations? I don't really have a strong box legendary opinion and it feels weird to pick Sun just so I can use Dusk Balls so I need a tiebreaker, will I have a list like that in time to preorder? :ohdear:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

When did we get a list of version-exclusive mons, relative to release day, in previous generations? I don't really have a strong box legendary opinion and it feels weird to pick Sun just so I can use Dusk Balls so I need a tiebreaker, will I have a list like that in time to preorder? :ohdear:

We didn't in B/W or X/Y until release I think.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

From Nintendo itself? I don't think they ever have. It depends on how much street date is broken and/or if strategy guides are leaked out.

On the other hand version exclusives matter a lot less when they give you the ability to breed pokemon early on and you have the entire internet to very easily trade with. Version exclusive for version exclusive GTS is super easy, even putting aside forums like this.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

corn in the bible posted:

its canon

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Decus posted:

they give you the ability to breed pokemon early on

Do we know this to be the case?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Avalerion posted:

Do we know this to be the case?
I am comfortable assuming that there won't be any steps backward in that regard, given how much improved the other quality of life things seem to be.

So screw it. I'll flip a coin.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

This is what it looks like when the director of remake games does a mainline game. :pray:

Oh seriously? That explains this game having a "third version" feature set with things like BW2 join avenue and world tournament equivalents. Hopefully they won't bother with actual third versions anymore since those were such blatant cash grabs.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm fine if they do full sequels like b2w2 but yea the old 3rd version stuff just made me feel like I shouldn't even bother with the games on release since a better version was coming soon anyway

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

merry christmas, sceptile

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

less laughter posted:

Whismur and Exploud are cool, but Loudred is hands down the worst character design in the entire series. I still can't believe GF ever saw that and okayed it during the development of RS, it must've just slipped by unnoticed and made it into the game somehow.

I think it's perfect. Whismur is the cute one, Exploud the tough one and Loudred tries to be a badass but just can't get there which makes it a lovable goof. It's probably one of my favorite evolution lines. It helps that they completely nailed the theme with the movesets.

There is a Pikachu animated short involving lots of dancing which is terrible, but it reaffirms the goofiness of Loudred.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 31, 2016

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

Merry

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
I haven't played a pokemon since Gen 3 and I preordered Sun and I'm super stoked and why isn't this game out yet?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So is it confirmed yet if you need to hit a certain point in sun/moon before you can collect the demo items? Having Ash-Greninja right from the start seems kinda silly considering how strong it is.

I'm guessing Battle-Bond will be able to pass on via breeding as well?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

So is it confirmed yet if you need to hit a certain point in sun/moon before you can collect the demo items? Having Ash-Greninja right from the start seems kinda silly considering how strong it is.

I'm guessing Battle-Bond will be able to pass on via breeding as well?

Eh, I'm assuming they're still gating traded pokemon listening to you via the totems instead of badges now. And hell, they're giving away a Magearna that's probably lvl 100 at the same time so.... They've never really been super concerned about that stuff. You got all the ORAS demo rewards dumped on you in those games at least.

We have no idea how Battle-Bond works as of yet, if its an inheritable thing or if Ash-Greninja functions as its own separate species that shares a name and moveset like Spike-eared Pichu and Cosplay Pikachu did where they could not breed.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Somewhere (might be when you try to transfer) it straight up says it won't obey you until you've done two trials.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Oh seriously? That explains this game having a "third version" feature set with things like BW2 join avenue and world tournament equivalents. Hopefully they won't bother with actual third versions anymore since those were such blatant cash grabs.

We're currently at third versions only existing for half of the generations so far, i'm super into them no longer being a thing. My wish to Sheng Long would be 3 year generations to continue, but the gap is on the second year and that the second set is both remake and sequel to really fix up the shortcomings of older games.

Has there been any news about preloading SM?

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 31, 2016

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Quillidin and Klefki are both way worse then Loudred!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Did the Gen VI cloning glitch ever get patched out?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Did the Gen VI cloning glitch ever get patched out?

Partially? It's still possible, but the timing is a lot tighter now.

Oh, and no type chart changes happened at all in Sun and Moon.

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/791768966062444545

He also confirmed that the shiny rates are the same as in Gen VI.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Well, see you all in gen 8....

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lol
If you expected a fairy nerf

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
What's the list with version exclusives (if there's one yet) I just want to be sure, I'm going sun so far.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

passimian and the lion are in sun so win/win

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All I care about is
1) make it so I can filter out ridiculous poo poo on GTS
2) Is Jigglypuff in the Alolan Pokedex?

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Hustlin Floh posted:

2) Is Jigglypuff in the Alolan Pokedex?

yes

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The only type change I wanted to see was making fairy no longer resist bug.

Cause really, come the gently caress on.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Why isn't water weak to poison yet

Has Game Freak never dumped oil in the freaking ocean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

The only type change I wanted to see was making fairy no longer resist bug.

Cause really, come the gently caress on.

Yeah and it also wouldn't hurt to give ice just one more resistance.