Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Gimbal lock posted:

Aerith dies

Fixed. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I watched a runthrough of Sister Location and it does seem much more like he's made an adventure game instead of Let's Player Spook-a-thon 5000.
Unless you go for the secret ending where it's just FNAF all over again.

Maybe down the road he'll finally make a FNAF that's got good gameplay.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Gimbal lock posted:

Aeris is Aerith

The real truth, none of this pussyfooting around like VolticSurge. :colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DIO KILLS DANNY

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dr Light was the real villain!

Oh wait, wrong lovely meme, carry on.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So, what came out of that Tobuscus controversy that I can't remember anything about atm?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

So, what came out of that Tobuscus controversy that I can't remember anything about atm?

Surely absolutely nothing minus Tob's fans adding a few extra women on their harassment hit list.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

RareAcumen posted:

The lady with the original accusations never presented any further proof of Tobuscus being an abuser and the exes etc that spoke out all said he's a lovely boyfriend/person but not an abuser, nothing conclusive came from either side.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CJacobs posted:

The lady with the original accusations never presented any further proof of Tobuscus being an abuser and the exes etc that spoke out all said he's a lovely boyfriend/person but not an abuser, nothing conclusive came from either side.

Well then, as of now, with nothing more definitive being said about this, I will say 'huh, well that was odd then.'

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen posted:

Absolutely jack and poo poo. Most of Toby's exes came out and said "He can be a bit of a prick on occasion, but he wound't abuse anyone," and combined with the lack of any real evidence, the whole thing's fallen off the grid.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Tobuscus seems back to his normal yelling self.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
https://twitter.com/HollanderCooper/status/787556365212356609

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Didn't Skippy Granola have a short-lived podcast? I was trying to find the videos earlier in the week and I couldn't find anything.

If this thread wasn't so relaxed, I would never ask this here since it's kinda not really the point of the thread. But it's just so 'cas most of the time.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Since this is more or less the de facto Retsupurae thread I would like to say That I'm honestly surprised that Slowbeef hasn't watched Supergreatfriends old LP of the game from way back when.

Also Slowbeef, if you are reading this do you plan on doing D2 and Enemy Zero? Those game are both even more bonkers than the first D.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Slowbeef, how do you feel causing the death of DarkSydePhil's channel and YouTube career? You sir, are a monster for robbing us of that comedy goldmine.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Unfunny Poster posted:

Slowbeef, how do you feel causing the death of DarkSydePhil's channel and YouTube career? You sir, are a monster for robbing us of that comedy goldmine.

That comedy goldmine will forever exist via TIHYDP montages.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Unfunny Poster posted:

What exactly are you saying happened to DSP? Things seem to be business as usual from the cursory glance I just gave to his channel.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jamesman posted:

What exactly are you saying happened to DSP? Things seem to be business as usual from the cursory glance I just gave to his channel.

I was being facetious. Apparently DSP has had a serious decline in income for his channel because his viewership has dropped off. He also got SWATted by some weirdos and DSP put a lot of the blame/onus on Slowbeef/Retsupurae for his YouTube channel dying a slow painful death.

Slowbeef put out a video a few weeks ago addressing it etc. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKFD9oRs-_Q

Oh and amongst all of that stuff apparently he got caught jerking off on his stream or something somehow back in like May and there's video archives of it etc. It's really weird and really just the epitome of DSP at this point.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Nov 1, 2016

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Jamesman posted:

He's spent at least 3 hours over the past couple weeks, including an over ONE HOUR LONG vlog titled "Serious Update: I Need Help To Keep Going, So Let's Talk", describing how poorly his business is doing and essentially begging for Patreon donations, while insulting every other streamer or youtuber who accepts donations. He absolutely refuses to acknowledge that he is to blame for the massive drop in his viewership this year, and would rather poo poo talk and alienate his fans than do anything to better himself. And he seems to spend $4k+ on bills every month.

Earlier today, he did a Halloween "marathon", which was hyped as his $1025 goal for Patreon for the month, and it was 5 hours of actual gameplay and he wore a "costume" worth $30 because he couldn't afford anything better.

He's lost his mind.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Now I am no DSP expert

But I find it hard to believe that he'd think he's doing everything alright
surely he cannot be that oblivious

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DeafNote posted:

Now I am no DSP expert

He is that oblivious. I just finished watching that hour long vlog he made, and not only does he have no intention to change his methods(he wants his fanbase to come up with a way for him to be successful again that doesn't him having to actually work or put effort into anything), he shits on people who are actually successful at Let's Play/streaming because they edit their content, or interact with their stream audience.

All the while, giving pity stories to try and make himself look like some tragic hero who is down on his luck after spending years being a pioneer of Let's Play. He's spent the last week begging for more Patreon money, all the while making GBS threads on the fanbase who are annoyed with having to hear his begging non-stop.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
At present, there are at least 4 threads on his forums with a hundred posts of valid criticism of his output and possible ways to turn things around. These are two of his most recent responses.

"Sooo....Still waiting for these great ideas for the $1 perk then. Already explained why I can't do the common things others do, and why I can't go back to Twitch. So if you want to actually suggest something feasible instead of the same things people have said about 300 times now, I'm all ears. But just stating the same things in a circle isn't going to miraculously get you what you want."

"Yeah, it'd be nice to actually see some constructive talk for a change. Because there sure hasn't been anything very useful posted up on the subject in a long while. "

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

DeafNote posted:

Now I am no DSP expert

DSP at his peak was very much a "guy you love to hate" type character. I don't find it surprising that he never actually understood what made him popular and can't figure out what he's doing differently now. Factor in his general immaturity along with his mounting financial troubles, and his reaction makes perfect sense to me.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Psychepath posted:

And he seems to spend $4k+ on bills every month.

I kinda want to see his budget. Not to make fun of it, but because I'm living in a city with surging rent prices (Portland, so we're not at NYC or Bay Area levels but it's climbing), have food costs that one would expect for a fatty like myself, and still spend about half that a month. I'm genuinely curious where the difference comes in.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
About $3,600 for candles.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bruceski posted:

I kinda want to see his budget. Not to make fun of it, but because I'm living in a city with surging rent prices (Portland, so we're not at NYC or Bay Area levels but it's climbing), have food costs that one would expect for a fatty like myself, and still spend about half that a month. I'm genuinely curious where the difference comes in.

Well he did take a mortgage out for a house in a gated community and bought a BMW (iirc). Considering he expected ad money to cover all of that I don't think he is making great financial choices outside of the basics.

E: Oh drat, I guess he didn't take a loan for the BMW but actually used money he withheld from the Mode 7 people to buy it. Watching this video of JohnRambo and Howard discussing Phil is pretty drat depressing :smith:

Leal fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 2, 2016

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

DeafNote posted:

Now I am no DSP expert

DSP is as delusional as they come

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

DSP does (or did) buy every collectors edition version of the newest big game. Plus he collects figures that he doesn't keep in a good condition at all.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

bobjr posted:

DSP does (or did) buy every collectors edition version of the newest big game. Plus he collects figures that he doesn't keep in a good condition at all.

He no longer buys collector editions, because he only leaves his home once a week and doesn't want to drive to gamestop.

Instead, he insists for weeks that he won't play AAA shooters because he hates everything they stand for, but then on the week of release he accepts PSN card donations from his fans and plays them anyway, while maintaining the bias and making the videos unbearable.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Leal posted:

Well he did take a mortgage out for a house in a gated community and bought a BMW (iirc). Considering he expected ad money to cover all of that I don't think he is making great financial choices outside of the basics.

E: Oh drat, I guess he didn't take a loan for the BMW but actually used money he withheld from the Mode 7 people to buy it. Watching this video of JohnRambo and Howard discussing Phil is pretty drat depressing :smith:

Ah, that'd do it. I learned that lesson the hard (and thankfully less expensive than it could've been so I could fix it with family help) way.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leal posted:

but actually used money he withheld from the Mode 7 people

What is the story on this?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Unfunny Poster posted:

What is the story on this?

John and Howard go into detail in the 90 Minute video they made talking about it, but basically the extra help they got to make Project 7 were getting tired of doing so much work for no pay, and Phil kept telling John and Howard that they didn't want any money (which was obviously a huge lie). All the while, Phil is buying 600 dollar statues and a brand new BMW.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wvLD4aGFA_s - the video if you're interested in listening.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
John Rambo seems like a cool dude (despite being DSP's friend). I wonder if he'd be down to do some Let's Plays still.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Didn't he lease the bmw

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Calaveron posted:

Didn't he lease the bmw

Does it matter? Either way he really isn't in a position to drive one of those.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Does it matter? Either way he really isn't in a position to drive one of those.

That's a funny way of saying 'it's not safe to be on the roads anymore.'

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

God almighty it boggles my mind that people willingly give him ANY money.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Yardbomb posted:

God almighty it boggles my mind that people willingly give him ANY money.

See also:Tim Schaefer (or however it's spelled).

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

He at least made neat games though, DSP is just a big rear end in a top hat with no talent or likable qualities, I'd almost like to lie to myself and say it's pity dollars but I know better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Yardbomb posted:

He at least made neat games though, DSP is just a big rear end in a top hat with no talent or likable qualities, I'd almost like to lie to myself and say it's pity dollars but I know better.

Isn't there something floating around about how people like to see someone they can relate to? :v:

• Locked thread