Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That assumes WWE rewards talent over character. Naomi hasn't won a title because her role in the company was "other Funkadactyl" and then "has Tamina for a bodyguard". Now that she's found her own role as Human EDM Festival Acid Trip she has a better chance.

Also it's factually wrong because Bayley hasn't won a WWE title yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

We just need confetti

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

The big problem is they need to pay people to clean it up

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

WrasslorMonkey posted:

The big problem is they need to pay people to clean it up
TNA stimulating the economy once again.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Alternately, they could never clean it up and gradually fill the arena with confetti.

Years later they'll find a dead Bram buried underneath heaps of shredded paper, clutching an infinite-year contract.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

That assumes WWE rewards talent over character. Naomi hasn't won a title because her role in the company was "other Funkadactyl" and then "has Tamina for a bodyguard". Now that she's found her own role as Human EDM Festival Acid Trip she has a better chance.

Also it's factually wrong because Bayley hasn't won a WWE title yet.

NXT is still WWE.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
"ballgame" is a fine call every once in a while, but not 4 times a night for months at a time.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
he calls them his fireflies!!!

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe
oh wah wah

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

When he says "BALLGAME" ahh love it, maggle

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Matt Sydal makes good life choices.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

exploding mummy posted:

Matt Sydal makes good life choices.

Like, I don't care how much you love weed, don't loving vape in Japan!

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Like, I don't care how much you love weed, don't loving vape in Japan!

Guess he never saw Enter the Void. The cops don't play around in Japan.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

We just need confetti

Just use the promissory notes Dixie's been signing. There's certainly enough of them and they probably have even less value

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

as opposed to funny and entertaining cancer

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Cancer can be extremely entertaining if it happens to the right people.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Cancer has everything it needs to be a good heel, but the ego game and the backstage politicking puts the Kliq to shame.

We joke about Triple H, but he's got nothing on Cancer as it comes to burials. Fucker wouldn't even let Connor get his win back.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

was looking to see what dates Saraya has lined up and I found this inspiring piece of word vomit with a garnish of racism!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

more like James is never cumming

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

more like James is never cumming

Nice!

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

coconono posted:

was looking to see what dates Saraya has lined up and I found this inspiring piece of word vomit with a garnish of racism!

Del Rio is Mexican and not British? What a scoop!

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I like to think that he once he found out Alberto Del Rio is mexican the first thing he thought was "I gotta find Paige's mom".

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/xcelticprincess/status/792898387339309056

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

literally all the ways you could have argued and managed to pick the dumbest one.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

"What's Past is Prologue" -
William Shakespeare, The Tempest

I found you in 2002, at a time when I needed you. I had passed from childhood wonder to teenage angst and was now at the other side. The larger than life heroes of my WCW youth had given way to the rebellious cult of my ECW Teens but now neither of them were around and the pseudo sport that I loved was now controlled by one name.. McMahon. I needed something to lose myself in, something different, and then there you came, the product of a Father and Son, shut out by the WWE. Your name was ridiculous and a lot of your product was too but there was... something. It just felt different. By 2003 I was in love and you felt like a place to call home.

I watched as you changed from weekly PPVS to FSN to Monthly PPVS to Spike TV and as you went from Asylums to impact Zones. I saw you go from evolutionary X Divisions to revolutionary Knockouts divisions and everything in between. You did so many good things that it pains me to see where we are now. Here in this place where people are fighting about whether to murder or to commit suicide. But then, how did we get to this place? These things just don't happen overnight.

The names are many; Jarrett, Carter, Russo, Hogan, Bischoff, Taylor, Pritchard, Gaburick and Corgan. These are the people who for better or worse, shaped the landscape of TNA Wrestling and have brought us here, to this stage. There is blame to be passed but really, what good does that do us now? What possible reason is there to drag this out. There are already too many casualties of this war and in the end, nobody wins.

To the roster of talent, you deserve so much credit. Let it never be said that you did anything other than carry yourselves with pride and deliver yourselves with passion. This year has been some of the most enjoyable on screen wrestling for a long time and it saddens me that your final reward for this is one that could be delivered in a court room and not a wrestling ring.

To the haters, you may get your wish. TNA may soon be gone.. or not. To the believers, those of us left, we've been down this road before... maybe just not this far down. TNA has been around longer than either WCW or ECW and if some people have their way, it will continue to be but you have to wonder when enough is enough? It is not recent actions that have brought us here, it is the culmination of the entire past and whatever happens, after next week, TNA will be changed forever.

My ECW Teens

Also I'm pretty sure that WWE is still largely the product of a Father and A Son.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

I feel like it's pretty safe to assume anyone with "celtic" in the username, facebook.url or twitter handle has lovely opinions on race and gender.

Because they're either waaaay into Ancient Europe, or they're from Boston.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Or a tim, up the ra

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Celtic Princess is a surprise, however.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

dsriggs posted:

Celtic Princess is a surprise, however.

Why?

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Geoff Peterson posted:

I feel like it's pretty safe to assume anyone with "celtic" in the username, facebook.url or twitter handle has lovely opinions on race and gender.

Because they're either waaaay into Ancient Europe, or they're from Boston.

Sheamus is none of those things. He is named the celtic warrior because he is, in fact, irish braveheart.

Also given how stiff he works, he should be in a tag team with Finn Balor called the potato farmers. get it??

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Well, The Shield was awesome, so that probably applies to a lot of people. When I was barely paying attention to WWE, it was the combo of Punk, Bryan, and Shield that got me watching regularly again. So yes, Roman Reigns was "one of the reasons". The least of the reasons, but still one of them.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
That isn't a dumb opinion at all. Roman and the Shield got a poo poo ton of people into WWE who didn't give a poo poo before.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's dumb if it's talking about, like, from the Rumble he won on, but that's all I can think of

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

like the others said, pre solo roman stronk push its true. the shield were definitely part of why i started watching after not watching since the 2000's

youre the one with the stupid opinions because you keep telling me not to point out how short some of the female wrestlers are as if it's not the funniest thing in the world

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

all of the anonymous wrestling confessions are bad and most of them are fake

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I think they are all really good and believe each one more than the last. That's my posting confession

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I'm actually Kane