Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

So how does everyone think election night will go down?

Will Pence have to give a concession speech?
Will Ranch Penis have to give the concession speech on behalf of the GOP?
Will Trump promise to litigate it and say its not over?
Will Trump call for people to protest?
Will Trump just fly back to new york and pretend he never ran for president and refuse to comment on it when the blowout is too large to fight?
Will Trump shock the world and actually give a concession speech?

Boy, sure is exciting having a loving lunatic running that won't even let the first woman president win with any grace. So many possibilities!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Man for all his faults it just really hit me that Trump's the only GOP candidate I can remember who didn't run on All Jesus All the Time. I wonder if that will ever happen again.

I think we're going to be back to the full-on All Supply-Side Jesus All the Time train once the next presidential election gets underway in... three weeks or so. It's actually one of the things that can be held up as an explanation for why Trump's going to crash; "He didn't do enough to get evangelicals excited/invested in the election! Clearly, we need more Jesus next time!"

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
One thing I can appreciate about Trump is that he's not really versed in the standard right-wing talking points, and he's too stupid to remember them or too lazy to care.

It's been awhile since I've heard the phrase 'leading from behind'.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Mixodorian posted:

Well I did have some posters excuse her for saying the rise of autism might be linked to vaccines which amazed me. It's not funny, it's just anxiety inducing.

How do you not get the difference between Hillary wanting more information about a link in a possibly anomalous study in 2008, and Stein continuing to say "well I just don't trust the FDA on vaccines" and lie about corporate influence in the vaccine advisory board six years after the link was proven to be fraudulent.

Jill Stein voter as bad at critical thinking as Jill Stein.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Nov 1, 2016

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Tom Guycot posted:

Will Trump just fly back to new york and pretend he never ran for president and refuse to comment on it when the blowout is too large to fight?

Boy, sure is exciting having a loving lunatic running that won't even let the first woman president win with any grace. So many possibilities!

In order:

Yes.
Not likely.
Ohmyyes.
Probably!
Nah.
Never in a million years.

I'm going to visit friends in Houston for election night, so that's going to be a thing to behold.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tom Guycot posted:

I imagine it'll be like the pussy tape apology. He'll start off sounding like a reasonable person who is totally surprising everyone by doing the conventional, normal, sane thing, and then transition into foaming at the mouth attacks within .7 seconds.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Man for all his faults it just really hit me that Trump's the only GOP candidate I can remember who didn't run on All Jesus All the Time. I wonder if that will ever happen again.

Didn't Romney specifically avoid Jesus stuff as well, so as to not remind his religious constituency that he was a Mormon?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Cingulate posted:

I imagine it'll be like the pussy tape apology. He'll start off sounding like a reasonable person who is totally surprising everyone by doing the conventional, normal, sane thing, and then transition into foaming at the mouth attacks within .7 seconds.

This is a good option as well.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Trump, king of projection, is running an actual secret private email server for communicating with the Kremlin.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...ith_russia.html

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

TLM3101 posted:

I think we're going to be back to the full-on All Supply-Side Jesus All the Time train once the next presidential election gets underway in... three weeks or so. It's actually one of the things that can be held up as an explanation for why Trump's going to crash; "He didn't do enough to get evangelicals excited/invested in the election! Clearly, we need more Jesus next time!"

That and doubling down on the totally-not racism will be their winning strategy. It lets them use Trump's main appeal while pretending to be morally superior.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

How do you not get the difference between Hillary wanting more information about a link in a possibly anomalous study in 2008, and continuing to say "well I just don't trust the FDA on vaccines" and lie about corporate influence in the vaccine advisory board six years after the link was proven to be fraudulent.

Jill Stein voter as bad at critical thinking as Jill Stein.

At least she's consistent, she thinks she can win the vote homeopathically.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

TLM3101 posted:

In order:

Never in a million years.

I don't know, it's his last possible chance for an Emmy, maybe he'd give a concession speech just to spite John.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
I will admit to Arzying over someone running on Trump's platform (racism, economic populism, isolationism) that's actually charismatic and dynamic and can maybe dogwhistle a little better.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Tom Guycot posted:

Hillary will lose in a landslide and you're all going to cry about it

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Stereotype posted:

Trump, king of projection, is running an actual secret private email server for communicating with the Kremlin.

Cite a credible source

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Its just so surreal. In any given year its not even a question, one person wins, the loser calls them, gives a nice little speech speaking well about the winner and walks away.

Trump is so crazy he's not even going to stick to that most basic of things, he's like some insane orange 10k dollar weave Alexander the great cutting the gordian knot of civility.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

It's still loving incredible that we're seeing Trump turn in poll performances at less than 40 while Clinton is also at barely 50. That means there's an unusually huge swath of undecideds this late in the game. Either they're all Ken Bones and the nation will get boned, or - more likely - most of them won't even vote.

The post-mortem on the polling is going to be absolutely fascinating.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Antti posted:

Related, who's gonna play Trump on Game Change 2?

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Cingulate posted:

Alec Baldwin, obviously.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

I rarely drink, but reading this thread makes me wish I had a bottle of whiskey next to the computer. November 8 couldn't come soon enough.

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Blacks make up 13% of the population, but commit 147% of the crimes.

Whenever racists bust out the FBI stats, I always ask them what should be done about it. It usually takes everything within them to not come out and say "hang the n*****s".

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Cingulate posted:

Is it possible to do a Trump performance thats not an outright parody?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Tom Guycot posted:

Trump will claim (falsely) that the Agent Greenback theory is true so he can say he succeeded.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Charlz Guybon posted:

Trump will claim (falsely) that the Agent Greenback theory is true so he can say he succeeded.

The what?

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

I'm going to bold everything I write because it makes my posts look really important. Unfortunately if everyone else does it too it won't work any longer, which is why I'm researching ways to post in 8pt font.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Domestic Amuse posted:

I rarely drink, but reading this thread makes me wish I had a bottle of whiskey next to the computer. November 8 couldn't come soon enough.

Whenever racists bust out the FBI stats, I always ask them what should be done about it. It usually takes everything within them to not come out and say "hang the n*****s".

Are you accusing me of being a racist and putting words in my mouth?

Did you not read the context in which I was citing crime statistics, which has nothing to do with the discussion "what should be done about it"?
A poster claimed that blacks do not commit violent crimes at a disproportionately higher rate. I cited evidence to refute their statement. Why is it that I'm required to then give some off topic condescending explanation when I bring up black crime statistics, but nobody would care if I posted any other statistic?

You are delusional, or you didn't read the context of why I was citing this data.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

"Tashan Dorrsett" posted:

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
It's a loving analogue question.

Do blacks commit more violent crime than other races in America?

[Y] ✓✓✓

[N]

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Cite a credible source

cant find a breitbart link, must not be legit

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Look, I'm going to say it because someone has to: I miss Amergin.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Sorry I only answer digital questions

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Antti posted:

It's still loving incredible that we're seeing Trump turn in poll performances at less than 40 while Clinton is also at barely 50. That means there's an unusually huge swath of undecideds this late in the game. Either they're all Ken Bones and the nation will get boned, or - more likely - most of them won't even vote.

It's idiots, people intimidated by others, and the handful of Republicans that still have too much integrity to go Trump even for the Supreme court, imo.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

It's a loving analogue question.

Do blacks commit more violent crime than other races in America?

[Y] ✓✓✓

[N]
would you say that, "around blacks" one should not "relax"?

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

cheaper for CTR to photoshop than pay people to stand in at a Clinton rally

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nessus posted:

Please stop quoting the troll until the moderators finally get off their collective asses and ban them.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Spoondick posted:

I'm going to bold everything I write because it makes my posts look really important. Unfortunately if everyone else does it too it won't work any longer, which is why I'm researching ways to post in 8pt font.

(((Talk like this instead.)))

Father O'Blivion
Jul 2, 2004
Get up on your feet and do the Funky Alfonzo

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

please, she prefers to be called doctor stein

Better late than never

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FFTQRmsK0k

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Darth Walrus posted:

Please stop quoting the troll until the moderators finally get off their collective asses and ban them.
fair 'nuff

Any news from Florida or North Carolina? Or is it too loving early for Nite Crew to get fresh reports

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Nessus posted:

Seriously, stop acknowledging the racist troll. Either he's genuinely a bigoted Trumpista, or just mildly bigoted jackass trying to annoy us with his "joke" racism. Either way, you will not convince him with logic so stop trying.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tom Guycot posted:

Is it possible to do a Trump performance thats not an outright parody?
There's gonna be a scene there where he talks about "why not" to drop nukes, and one where a protester at a rally is surrounded by extremely upset guys in confederate shirts while Trump yells "carried out on a stretcher!!!". Add a bit of ominous music, and we're right back in scary land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Stereotype posted:

Alfa Bank is not the Kremlin.

Also the Trump Tower sex novel was not written by Trump. Hello, new thread!

• Locked thread