Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Alright, campaign done. That was surprisingly good and fun, and BT was pretty rad.

Now, on to the multiplayer. Wonder if I'll like this more than BF1 or vice versa. I'm kind of guessing I'll end up liking BF1 more just because I'm incredibly awful at quick-aim games, but I also really really like big stompy robots so we'll see!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just finished the campaign and it was absolutely radical. This the closest the west has come to making a Platinum game imo. With a better soundtrack and cooler characters (other than Blisk, BT and Barker ofc) this would have been GOAT contender for sure. Still the best SP experience of the year tho.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Centrylink is buying Level 3 for like 34 billion. This consolidation is getting cray

Seeing references to the world of Telecom now I'm employed by Telecom is a trip.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
So I wasn't enjoying MP that much, dying a lot and feeling like it wasn't clicking.

Then I switched to a shotgun and started bunny hopping and wallrunning around like a lunatic, and holy hell. You don't die anywhere near as fast and some of the comedy death from above moments will keep me warm through the cold coddy months.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Christ the multi in this is fast and furious :stare:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm not finding a lot of use for the Spitfire LMG. It fires slowly, does less damage that the starting AR, kicks a little more than I'd like, and isn't very accurate. Sure it's got a big magazine and can lay down a field of fire, but this isn't exactly Battlefield. I'll stick with it until I get the Superscope though.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Does matchmaking not prevent you from going against a stack? That's so lame.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I had no idea Titanfall 2 was out.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Even though I'm sick I squeezed in one game of Bounty Hunt today.

Went 26 / 1 with like, 2650 dollars earned. Did everyone good just stop playing all at once or something? Its probably me just getting used to the game.

I hated Bounty Hunt at first, but now I love it because its like attrition but more structured.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Nov 1, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

First credits purchase: Legion

zero regrets

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

there arent any microtransaction things i can buy to get access to more colours? why can i already throw money at trash like overwatch and battlefield but i cant give these people more money

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I really enjoy using the LSTAR. It's an SMG that says its an LMG, thing is terrifying when amped. Sucks on moving targets at a distance, but its hilarious at short range.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
When the Dice Roll boost is available does it tell you what boost it'll do? Or do you have to use it to find out? If you don't know before you use it I imagine some of the boosts will just be wasted(mostly the time rewind one).

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

RatHat posted:

When the Dice Roll boost is available does it tell you what boost it'll do? Or do you have to use it to find out? If you don't know before you use it I imagine some of the boosts will just be wasted(mostly the time rewind one).

Once you get enough titan juice it'll reveal what it is, meaning you'll be playing Attrition and start off with an anti-titan turret

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Does the Phase ability slow you right the gently caress down or am I crazy?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I have work in 4 hours but I don't want to stop playing :( Sleep is for the weak, right?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Something clicked and I finally get Northstar now. He is the best titan (nuclear eject for life!)

Just had the most clutch win ever. We were down by like 10 or so points. I flight cored and killed a legion literally a split second before the timer ran out (long game) and we snuck ahead. Amazing.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

After putting some serious time in with Ion......

I think he might be the worst titan. His main gun is anemic, his super takes forever to build, and the tripwires are so obvious no one ever bumps into them. He has a much much harsher combo mechanism than tone does, its just really a bad package all around.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Xarbala posted:

I had no idea Titanfall 2 was out.
Seriously, all of my friends I talked to about Titanfall 2 didn't realize it had released.

On a related note, how accurate is the doom and gloom about an anemic playerbase? I enjoyed TF1, and I feel like TF2 would scratch an itch I've been having.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Nov 1, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Knifegrab posted:

Something clicked and I finally get Northstar now. He is the best titan (nuclear eject for life!)

Just had the most clutch win ever. We were down by like 10 or so points. I flight cored and killed a legion literally a split second before the timer ran out (long game) and we snuck ahead. Amazing.

I just can't not play Legion. That chaingun of doom is exactly everything I love about big giant stompy mechs.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mr.Citrus posted:

I think he might be the worst titan. His main gun is anemic, his super takes forever to build, and the tripwires are so obvious no one ever bumps into them. He has a much much harsher combo mechanism than tone does, its just really a bad package all around.

Trick to Ion is his primary weapon isn't his primary weapon, its his death laser. You use his primary with the crit-charge perk to recharge your death laser.

It's like having two charges of an instant fire plasma railgun on tap.

That said, yeah, I think he is the worst.

On the upshot, like so many other things in this game, his primary is deeply satisfying to fire just because of the sound, particularly when amped in ADS.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mr.Citrus posted:

The main gun does decent sustain damage, the shoulder laser does fantastic burst damage (hit a crit point to shave off practically an entire pip of health), and the laser core is pretty solid but let down by the fact that it cuts your mobility so much.

Tripwires are bad, though, yes.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I hope they do something about legion and tone, they really are streets ahead of the rest of the Titans.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
For the most part been using Ion and it's hard to pry myself away from her. You're never supposed to ADS with the splitter rifle as it drains your energy for what is basically it's main weapon, the Laser Shot. Gooser kills are extremely easy with it, whenever I hear an enemy titan going off I watch the skies and I'm sometimes able to even get a pilot from across the map. The hit box for pilots with it is a little generous, although it does feel a bit finer tuned since the tech test. When you run into pilots with your Ion, focus on aiming at them with your laser shot instead of using the splitter rifle, you might score a kill with it here and there but the laser shot is much more deadly when used right. Also lol, yeah trip wire mines are kind of useless as it also takes away energy.

also for a good laugh, use the laser core on pilots if there aren't any titans around to use it on.

Knifegrab posted:

I hope they do something about legion and tone, they really are streets ahead of the rest of the Titans.

Yeah I have a lot of trouble going up against a legion, his gun shield makes it hard to hit and whenever I step out of cover to take a quick shot at him he melts away my health. If anything I don't think he should have as much health but I dunno. :shrug:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

That's the one thing Ion is really good at. Legion can't do a loving thing to Vortex Shield.

And yeah, the aim assist on the laser is pretty solid

http://i.imgur.com/w0IF3D2.mp4

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

So something I noticed that I really like about how this game handles reloads. It members what stage of a reload animation you were in instead of starting the whole dang thing over, and it remembers if you have a round in the chamber or not. Reloading when empty takes significantly longer than reloading a partial.

It always bugged the hell out of me in games like Destiny when they'd cycle the slide or pump the shotgun even though a live round should still be in there.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Magnus Condomus posted:

Reloading when empty takes significantly longer than reloading a partial.

FPSes have been doing this for over a decade at this point.

The partial reloading hasn't been done very often and is mostly nice for if you have to stop a reload super early, but doesn't let you reload cancel, which is poo poo. :(

Wazzit posted:

also for a good laugh, use the laser core on pilots if there aren't any titans around to use it on.

They make such a satisfying splorch noise when you do this. :allears:

Wazzit posted:

Yeah I have a lot of trouble going up against a legion

If you know a Legion is up, don't use your energy on Laser Shot, save it all so you can Vortex Shield forever and laugh as Legion can do literally nothing to you.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Nov 1, 2016

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I suspect most people with ~e~leet controllers already know this, but slides in this game are really powerful in infantry combat. If you slide on a dude and hipfire with almost any gun, odds are you win that gunfight with ease.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Nothing is more satisfying than turning on Smart Core in a crowd of enemy pilots and titans. I use the longer Smart Core perk and I always have to laugh when I kill some pilot twice during it :D

Also the EPG sounds amazing and is really fun to use in the less open maps

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
How do I not suck with Ronin? I have the third dash and I'm pretty good at being evasive, but the shotgun doesn't seem to do much, and I can't tell if Ronin melee actually does more damage than other titans because you're using a sword or not.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Knifegrab posted:

Yeah, NS is my go-to as well. Nothing like jump boosting for extra range on a trip-wire throw then triple reverse boosting away for a few fully charged long range shots on some fucker caught in your bear-trap.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Stupid question, but how the hell do you eject? I've been pushing X like it says in key binding but nothing happens.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, NS is my go-to as well. Nothing like jump boosting for extra range on a trip-wire throw then triple reverse boosting away for a few fully charged long range shots on some fucker caught in your bear-trap.

I assume you know this but your enemies can shoot the part that's on the ground and it'll fall off, so it won't last too long on the better players

Edit:

Kingtheninja posted:

Stupid question, but how the hell do you eject? I've been pushing X like it says in key binding but nothing happens.

X enables the eject if you aren't doomed, press E 3 times to actually eject

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Lemming posted:

I assume you know this but your enemies can shoot the part that's on the ground and it'll fall off, so it won't last too long on the better players

Yeah, it just feels like a dick move especially when you latch a double magnet to their face. Gives me a grin every time.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

victrix posted:

I suspect most people with ~e~leet controllers already know this, but slides in this game are really powerful in infantry combat. If you slide on a dude and hipfire with almost any gun, odds are you win that gunfight with ease.

I watched a FrothyOmen video the other day and he was hip-firing people from ridiculous ranges. Is aiming down sights just cosmetic in this game?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mill Village posted:

I watched a FrothyOmen video the other day and he was hip-firing people from ridiculous ranges. Is aiming down sights just cosmetic in this game?

Energy weapons basically have the same hip accuracy as they do ADS accuracy so the only advantage to ADSing with them is the zoom. The CAR is also accurate enough that you can burst people down at medium range from the hip. Anything bigger, you'll need to actually ADS to hit targets beyond close range.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

The railgun and kraber sound especially meaty this time around. Unfortunately I feel like a lot of the sounds lacks the directionality it has in the first game. I used to be able to tell exactly where someone was from the footsteps/jump jets but in 2 it sounds like it's coming from all around me. This is using good headphones too.

Near miss audio is very lacking too. I'll get a death cam and the guy was leaping around 10 feet behind me with an alternator as I didn't even know anyone was shooting at me. Maybe I can't hear them over the F1 car engine fighter planes dogfighting six feet above my head.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Night Blade posted:

I hated Bounty Hunt at first, but now I love it because its like attrition but more structured.

I'd like bounty hunter more if AI kept spawning during the banking phase. The maps still feel too big and empty when there's no bots and it bothers me for some reason

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Don't get all the hate for the office level, it's easily my favourite one. Lots of variance in room size and cover and there's still lots of ways to parkour onto the enemy come titan phase.

The real garbo map you should turn your ire towards is the gigantic outdoors one with barely any indoors sections. It's the complete antithesis of all the things that make this game so awesome, barely any cover, little to no chance to parkour and all your approaches are blindingly obvious. It's good for titan phase and not much else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Is this better on PC, where there is mouse and keyboard, or does this have more players on PS4?