Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

MariusLecter posted:

And why is he putting the flag up when he has no outgoing mail in there?!!
He's giving a :911: to all the police (Rick) and soldiers (Abe) and firefighters (Sasha), by flying the flag high instead of taking a knee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Blazing Ownager posted:

That said, I would welcome El Salivdad popping up on WD randomly. He, Nick and Strand are the only three charact--- err, not really, but actors worth saving.

So so tremendously

Again, warning for those of you not cross threading this, Fear literally has characters so incredibly stupid that the dumbest poo poo (even the Glenn well scene) WD characters do looks loving genius compared to anything they did.

That and the show keeps trying to make these grand threats, then on-camera shows us like 10 people, and it's hilarious. The finale had my eyes roll out of my head then the big bad unstoppable Cartel carefully crawls through a zombie field, one dude with a rifle could have literally defended the whole town.

Also, I don't know what the gently caress drugs the Fear crew is on but I would seriously bet $100 and/or toxx myself that at least half of the writing staff on Fear does all the loving drugs. It's not just the incompetency, it's the fact there's this vibe of "What if the dead, are like, us man? We should like, co-exist and poo poo. Pass me the bong," running through the whole show in the dumbest manner possible now.

We quit the show early but I thought this show was run by the comic book creator?

wikipedia posted:

Fear the Walking Dead is a companion series to The Walking Dead, set in Los Angeles, California and starting prior to the apocalypse. Robert Kirkman is co-creator of the series alongside Dave Erickson. He is also an executive producer and has co-written episodes of the series.

Yesh he only wrote two episodes.

It's a shame really because FtWD could've been really good. Like a slow, 6/7 episode burn of the building dread and the coming zombos. Instead it escalated so stupidly fast.

Like, it goes from 'our neighbors are going up north for some reason' to 'We live in a safe zone in LA protected by the failing army' in such a short period of time.

Question for all of you. If this is the last season, it's not, but say AMC goes bankrupt or they decide to just end it BBC style, how should the series end?

I'd prefer just seeing a happy rick living a good life with his kid living the good life.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

One interesting thing I noticed at The Kingdom is that they are still flying the US flag right at their front gate.

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Question for all of you. If this is the last season, it's not, but say AMC goes bankrupt or they decide to just end it BBC style, how should the series end?

I want an open ended finale. Unless they go dark and just kill all the remaining cast, I've long suspected that Judith is going to be involved in it.

I think the show will end with the discovery that anyone conceived after the apocalypse is actually immune to the infection. We won't see society rebuilt but the characters will have hope and something to hold on for, a future to build for their childreb.

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Why did they open the season with a Morgan carol episode?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Senor Tron posted:

One interesting thing I noticed at The Kingdom is that they are still flying the US flag right at their front gate.

I want an open ended finale. Unless they go dark and just kill all the remaining cast, I've long suspected that Judith is going to be involved in it.

I think the show will end with the discovery that anyone conceived after the apocalypse is actually immune to the infection. We won't see society rebuilt but the characters will have hope and something to hold on for, a future to build for their childreb.

I wouldn't mind something like that. I think a "everybody dies" with no hope for the rest of the world ending would just piss everyone off. I think them finding a real safe zone, not Alexandria v2.1, something like the one in 28 Weeks Later (before the kids gently caress it up) is kind of the only satisfying way to do it. Maybe have the main group minus Judith have to sacrifice themselves to pass on the "cure" information like I Am Legend did in the movie.

I'd still have questions like how a well-established large safe zone wouldn't have found that out for themselves already, but at least it would be an ending - not a guarantee that things will go back to normal, but at least a possibility. Anything but this endless loop of "we found a safe place, but Rick doesn't think it's safe enough and gets everyone killed and the town destroyed". The Kingdom only looks nice now because Rick hasn't shown up.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Markorjoshua posted:

Why did they open the season with a Morgan carol episode?

They didn't though.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Senor Tron posted:

I was thinking about this a few days ago. It is an interesting thought, but it suffers from the same problem as The Last of Us. Being immune to the zombie infection but not immune to being torn apart is still kinda useless.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Especially since the only way to effectively demonstrate your immunity now is to die and not turn

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Serf posted:

I was thinking about this a few days ago. It is an interesting thought, but it suffers from the same problem as The Last of Us. Being immune to the zombie infection but not immune to being torn apart is still kinda useless.
The walkers will decompose or otherwise be thinned out gradually, if children were imune it would mean no new walkers and a slow, gradual recovery.

brocked posted:

Especially since the only way to effectively demonstrate your immunity now is to die and not turn
Or get bitten.

Serf
May 5, 2011

MeLKoR posted:

The walkers will decompose or otherwise be thinned out gradually, if children were imune it would mean no new walkers and a slow, gradual recovery.

Will the walkers decompose? The show hasn't tried to use any technobabble since season 3, but I'm pretty sure when that science dude said that the walkers are "starving, just slower than us" he doesn't know what he's talking about. There is no rational explanation for the rotting-corpse zombies. Otherwise, the Governor's collection of heads would've died pretty fast.

I'll say this, the walkers have slowed down a lot after season 2. I'm not sure if it is intentional, but in the earlier seasons they could get up to a light jog it seemed like. Then by the latest episode they might as well have been standing still while Carol was on the ground. It could be a hint that they're slowly becoming less mobile, or it could just be an inconsistency.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah that's when Darabont left and they decided to make more boring zombies. The originals could pick up stuff and climb fences. There's been like one instance of a decomposed zombie but it was more that it had gotten covered by moss than starved. Honestly if they did starve over a years time most of them would be dead already

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Serf posted:

Will the walkers decompose? The show hasn't tried to use any technobabble since season 3, but I'm pretty sure when that science dude said that the walkers are "starving, just slower than us" he doesn't know what he's talking about. There is no rational explanation for the rotting-corpse zombies. Otherwise, the Governor's collection of heads would've died pretty fast.

I'll say this, the walkers have slowed down a lot after season 2. I'm not sure if it is intentional, but in the earlier seasons they could get up to a light jog it seemed like. Then by the latest episode they might as well have been standing still while Carol was on the ground. It could be a hint that they're slowly becoming less mobile, or it could just be an inconsistency.

From what we saw the new generation of imune children will do pretty well just feasting on wild pigs. Seriously, pigs are loving vicious, in 10 years time you couldn't shake a stick without hitting a pig.

e: also, dogs

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Nov 1, 2016

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Senor Tron posted:

& the final main misunderstood villain will want to initiate genocide on all humans that are living but infected.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I wouldn't mind something like that. I think a "everybody dies" with no hope for the rest of the world ending would just piss everyone off. I think them finding a real safe zone, not Alexandria v2.1, something like the one in 28 Weeks Later (before the kids gently caress it up) is kind of the only satisfying way to do it. Maybe have the main group minus Judith have to sacrifice themselves to pass on the "cure" information like I Am Legend did in the movie.

I'd still have questions like how a well-established large safe zone wouldn't have found that out for themselves already, but at least it would be an ending - not a guarantee that things will go back to normal, but at least a possibility. Anything but this endless loop of "we found a safe place, but Rick doesn't think it's safe enough and gets everyone killed and the town destroyed". The Kingdom only looks nice now because Rick hasn't shown up.

I wouldn't mind a time-skip epilogue. Title card comes up, "50 years later", you see an Alexandria that's grown a lot, somebody makes a comment about not having seen a walker in a long time, etc.

MeLKoR posted:

From what we saw the new generation of imune children will do pretty well just feasting on wild pigs. Seriously, pigs are loving vicious, in 10 years time you couldn't shake a stick without hitting a pig.

There's a book called Earth Abides that deals with that really well. A couple years after the apocalypse all the survivors are eating venison because there are deer everywhere. The year after that, nobody goes far from home without a gun, because there are mountain lions everywhere. The year after that, nobody leaves their house without a gun because the mountain lions ate most of the deer and now the mountain lions are starving. A few years later things have balanced out.

Serf
May 5, 2011

MeLKoR posted:

I spent a good portion of my childhood raising hogs, I know how that goes. An army of them would be pretty effective.

But I'm not sure that is this kind of show.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Serf posted:

I spent a good portion of my childhood raising hogs, I know how that goes. An army of them would be pretty effective.

But I'm not sure that is this kind of show.

They should build a pig moat around the Kingdom. And trained guard hogs. Man's tasty new best friend in the zombie apocalypse.

e: The more I think about it, pigs would be the preferred animal, they are smart enough to distinguish people from walkers and a grown pig could incapacitate a walker in no time. Their mass, though skin and strong bite would make them pretty useful fighting walkers.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Nov 1, 2016

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Guy Goodbody posted:

As coyo7e said, it was probably a gently caress you not an attempted poisoning

Yeah, my guess was a combo of "gently caress you"; plus why are you gonna waste good feed or even organic garbage (that could be composted on your crops) on pigs you don't get to eat, when you can fatten 'em up on walkers? Sustainable farming!

Guy Goodbody posted:

The really stupid part of the spite zombie feeding is that the pigs the delivered were butchered. So the Kingdom dudes were the ones that had to clean out the zombie filled pig guts.

Makes more sense than having the Saviors butcher them and find a whole severed hand inside...? Pretty sure that'd tip 'em off right quick.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Yeah, my guess was a combo of "gently caress you"; plus why are you gonna waste good feed or even organic garbage (that could be composted on your crops) on pigs you don't get to eat, when you can fatten 'em up on walkers? Sustainable farming!

Makes more sense than having the Saviors butcher them and find a whole severed hand inside...? Pretty sure that'd tip 'em off right quick.

But if you are the one that has to deal with the mess in the pig's guts and they get clean meat it's not that great of a gently caress you.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

MeLKoR posted:

But if you are the one that has to deal with the mess in the pig's guts and they get clean meat it's not that great of a gently caress you.

it's like spitting on a burger then wiping it off, it still got spat on

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Also what do you think the difference in grossness is between butchering a pig with pig feces all up in their digestive system and and pig full of pig feces that has some zombie in it all up in their digestive system?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
SEASONS GREETINGS FROM NEGAN

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Did you like the cranberry sauce? Have seconds!

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
So we have the Saviors, the Kingdom, Ezekiel, and Jesus. Did I miss anything? Is the show trying to do something with this or do they think it's just fun names?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

UmOk posted:

So we have the Saviors, the Kingdom, Ezekiel, and Jesus. Did I miss anything? Is the show trying to do something with this or do they think it's just fun names?

Names given by a neckbeard weirdo who writes a zombie comic book.

Probably some really deep stuff coming soon.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Religious bullshit is pretty common in post-apocalyptic stories, I think. e.g., The Stand

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

UmOk posted:

There was a Noah and an Abraham and there's still a Gabriel and a Judith

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Also Morgan. His full name is Morgen Jones. MOrgan jonES - MO ES - MOSES
Moses carried a stick.

Something to think about.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I still can't believe there's a kid named Carl.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Adults named Carl gotta come from somewhere

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Gabriel's church had a bunch of zombie passages on the wall, they definitely love their Christian imagery in the show

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Luvcow posted:

There was a Noah and an Abraham and there's still a Gabriel and a Judith

I wonder if we could liken Abraham and Eugene to the biblical Abraham being ordered to kill his son. God, of course stopped him. Who stopped Abe from killing Eugene? I honestly can't remember.

Edit: Is there any way to connect Noah to his biblical counterpart? I just remember him as another dead black guy.

UmOk fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Nov 2, 2016

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

UmOk posted:

I wonder if we could liken Abraham and Eugene to the biblical Abraham being ordered to kill his son. God, of course stopped him. Who stopped Abe from killing Eugene? I honestly can't remember.

Edit: Is there any way to connect Noah to his biblical counterpart? I just remember him as another dead black guy.

Noah led them up North to get to Alexandria

Maggie and that asian girl Rosita got Abraham to stop pummeling

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

moist turtleneck posted:

Noah led them up North to get to Alexandria

Maggie and that asian girl Rosita got Abraham to stop pummeling

Ah yes. Rosita Espinosa - doubt an Asian name.

The actor's (Christian Serratos) mom is Mexican and dad is Italian according to her wiki page

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
Wait a sec, where the gently caress is Judith?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Well someone hasn't been reading the Dead threads

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

UmOk posted:

Is there any way to connect Noah to his biblical counterpart? I just remember him as another dead black guy.

haha

google posted:

In Hebrew the meaning of the name Noah is: Comfort; long-lived; repose.

Every time I think of Noah's gruesome death scene as he stares in horror at Glen who is watching helplessly I can't help hearing the theme to his first show playing in my head, "Everybody haaaaates Chris..."

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Luvcow posted:

haha

Every time I think of Noah's gruesome death scene as he stares in horror at Glen who is watching helplessly I can't help hearing the theme to his first show playing in my head, "Everybody haaaaates Chris..."

Somebody in a previous thread had the great line "Everybody ate Chris"

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Buzkashi posted:

Somebody in a previous thread had the great line "Everybody ate Chris"

ok that's awesome

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Buzkashi posted:

Did you like the cranberry sauce? Have seconds!

First serving's free!

e: Also the second episode got me back on track with the show. It's still not a "great" show but it's fine, it's fine. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Can't wait to drain all the goodwill E2 earned with an E3 filled with Daryl getting beat up and yelled at by Saviors while he remains silent, spits out a curseword at them, and hugs the floor crying for an hour.