Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Night10194 posted:

The only reason this doesn't reassure me quite as much as it would is that I can't honestly believe Trump has access to anything approaching accurate data or rational strategy.

That is the one big caveat in my post.

But consider how I summarized: Romney playing for PA meant he was desperate. What does Trump, doing far worse in polls than Romney four years ago, pulling out from PA mean? How can it possibly mean anything good for Trump?

If any sane Republican strategist were calling shots and thinking beyond the top of the ticket, they would be dumping truckloads of money in PA to help Toomey.

HannibalBarca posted:

Maybe, but none of it is gonna be the "oppo" bomb that so many people have been hoping/saying exists. The Russia stuff fizzled out in, like, three hours last night; and if you believe in that FSB Sex Tape, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. And some oceanfront property in Arizona if you think any MSM outlet is gonna run with a story about Trump making a woman sign an NDA after forcing her to have an abortion.

Right, sure, I was just trying to explain why it feels uncoordinated and muddled - because it is. It's just a bunch of outlets pressing Submit on their Trump stories. It's absolutely not an oppo bomb. There is no oppo bomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want to gently caress with this teleprompter so much.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Non Serviam posted:

I obviously know about the cables, I'm just puzzled as to why he seems to side with Trump.
Thinking that HRC is a bully, sure, but assuming that Trump wouldn't be a worse one seems crazy.

What do you mean by saying he has issues with Jews?

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/717458064324964352

Soros is basically the jew boogie man

As for why he's pro-trump, he's also heavily pro-putin and has is deeply connected with the russian government now.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/717670056650530816

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/717459700367790080

https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/786577719404429313

https://twitter.com/vpkivimaki/status/789839417351495680

A Winner is Jew fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 1, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Like, to the transgender community of this thread, is there a precedent for some people within the transgender community still having very traditional ideas of gender roles and sexuality and being kind of lovely about them? Its genuinely surprising to me to see a trans person going around calling people "low testosterone beta cucks" and "50 year old bisexuals" because it seems to me like those would be insults and ideas a trans person would be pretty sensitive about.

I don't mean to put any of you on the spot, but I just am kinda surprised by her. Maybe I am too deep into a virtue of the oppressed fallacy.

You can be a hosed up person regardless of whether you're trans or not, it isn't the trans part that's a problem. It's just strange because she's backing someone who sees her as somewhere between "abomination" and "child predator" but people vote themselves into a hole all the time. In her case, she's a transgender person with a hosed up view of the world rather than cis.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Teddybear posted:

They could, in theory, put him within a diplomatic bag.

Those are only for diplomatic materials. If they got caught it'd be a huge deal. And the British police have a heat camera to look at everything big enough for a person to be in that comes out of that building.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Crain posted:

Don't know if this was posted but it seems that our buddy Tashan Dorrsett is getting the FBI involved with investigating her ban:

https://twitter.com/fatgayandsassy/status/793397187984039936

https://twitter.com/fatgayandsassy/status/793444823969607680

This explains quite a bit about them.

HannibalBarca posted:

Maybe, but none of it is gonna be the "oppo" bomb that so many people have been hoping/saying exists. The Russia stuff fizzled out in, like, three hours last night; and if you believe in that FSB Sex Tape, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. And some oceanfront property in Arizona if you think any MSM outlet is gonna run with a story about Trump making a woman sign an NDA after forcing her to have an abortion.

I can't imagine anything that could sink him now. Everybody knows he's a miserable bastard not at all qualified to lead and those still on his side who aren't excited by his awfulness are willing to hold their noses to keep the Supreme Court or just spite a Clinton.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I always under the impression Caitlyn Jenner was kind of a unique figure because she enjoys a lot of privileges that protect her from some of the realities of most trans individuals.
She transitioned from the Godhead of Super-Rich White Male, to the simple, sad, demigod status of Super-Rich White Female. That RicheBubble is what let her spout her inane poo poo about traditional marriage on Ellen. That level of detachment is astonishing, as she completely overlooked any empathy for the plight of the gay community despite her own struggles.

If she's changed her tune, it's because her publicist probably told her she'd tank her earnings potential if people thought "Caitlyn Jenner: GOP Regressive shitsmear" instead of "Caitlyn Jenner: Beautiful, Inspiring Individual".

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Antti posted:

That is the one big caveat in my post.

But consider how I summarized: Romney playing for PA meant he was desperate. What does Trump, doing far worse in polls than Romney four years ago, pulling out from PA mean? How can it possibly mean anything good for Trump?

If any sane Republican strategist were calling shots and thinking beyond the top of the ticket, they would be dumping truckloads of money in PA to help Toomey.

The thing is, even if we assume he's rationally planning, his priorities don't give a flying gently caress about the downticket. Even if this is a rational attempt at a hail mary (which it might be, not everyone in his campaign is completely insane) it's be rational from the perspective of 'how do we win the presidency', not 'how do we at least save the senate'.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

We found the far more likely explanation: whoever wrote the release hosed up :v:

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/793483333128761344

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Caitlyn Jenner also killed someone because she was texting while driving.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Antti posted:

Right, sure, I was just trying to explain why it feels uncoordinated and muddled - because it is. It's just a bunch of outlets pressing Submit on their Trump stories. It's absolutely not an oppo bomb. There is no oppo bomb.

I think the fact that the Clinton campaign followed up on a lot of the Russia stories that came out last night ASAP is an indication that they had some inkling of what was going on (I also read that the Moscow bank server thing was shopped around to several different outlets and that it finally ended up at Slate after even the Daily Beast turned it down). So not oppo, per se, but I think that the campaign was "in the know" and ready to run with any of those stories if they had panned out. Probably more out of wishful thinking than anything, considering that they ended up being a lot of smoke and no fire.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
OK, now bullshit I have never witnessed. Wonder what Hillary has in store.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!

GI_Clutch posted:

Yawn. While it's all horrible stuff he's said, it feels like every Hillary ad I've seen for months is just compilations of the same clips. They need something better than "listen to what Donald said in an interview ten or more years ago" and sometimes "he incites violence and also he mocked a reporter with a disability." I mean, I guess maybe they don't have much else to go on since he hasn't been in office, but there has to be something else they can hit on from the debates, his rallies, etc.
The people who already made up their mind months ago made it up based on facts and statistics and policies. The undecideds in the middle base their decisions on this more emotional stuff, so there's no point in hammering very hard on policy right now.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

FAUXTON posted:

You can be a hosed up person regardless of whether you're trans or not, it isn't the trans part that's a problem.

Right, I am not saying I am surprised a trans person has hosed up ideas though. I get you can be a trans person and still have bad ideas. What surprises me is that she has toxic ideas about issues that are uniquely important to trans identity.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Soonmot posted:

If hrc turns out to be smg, I'm voting trump

HRC is clearly FactsAreUseless.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Like I said earlier, my conclusion on Assange is that he's mostly an useful idiot to the Russians. I think it's the Gamergate/Anti-feminism angle that is the original connection.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Non Serviam posted:

I obviously know about the cables, I'm just puzzled as to why he seems to side with Trump.
Thinking that HRC is a bully, sure, but assuming that Trump wouldn't be a worse one seems crazy.

What do you mean by saying he has issues with Jews?

The Russian guy who runs the wikileaks twitter account is a literal anti-semite. Don't know if Assange personally hates Jews, but he's the public face of wikileaks and he doesn't seem to have a problem with those tweets.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

FAUXTON posted:

You can be a hosed up person regardless of whether you're trans or not, it isn't the trans part that's a problem. It's just strange because she's backing someone who sees her as somewhere between "abomination" and "child predator" but people vote themselves into a hole all the time. In her case, she's a transgender person with a hosed up view of the world rather than cis.

If she is Tweek, then she's someone who regularly dresses up in blackface to talk to black people in online video chat. So it's no surprise at all that she loves Tweek, because he's also racist as fuckkkk.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

El Disco posted:

The Russian guy who runs the wikileaks twitter account is a literal anti-semite. Don't know if Assange personally hates Jew's
Any other evidence for that beyond a single usage of "((()))" and one mention of Soros?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

A Winner is Jew posted:

As for why he's pro-trump, he's also heavily pro-putin and has is deeply connected with the russian government now.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/717670056650530816

And it's rather odd to label the Panama Papers as anti-Putin: yes, they implicated one of his buddies in massive corruption,
but also, I am just gonna still from Wikipedia here:

quote:

Named in the leak were 12 current or former world leaders, 128 other public officials and politicians, and hundreds of other members of the elites of over 200 countries.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Like, to the transgender community of this thread, is there a precedent for some people within the transgender community still having very traditional ideas of gender roles and sexuality and being kind of lovely about them? Its genuinely surprising to me to see a trans person going around calling people "low testosterone beta cucks" and "50 year old bisexuals" because it seems to me like those would be insults and ideas a trans person would be pretty sensitive about.

I don't mean to put any of you on the spot, but I just am kinda surprised by her. Maybe I am too deep into a virtue of the oppressed fallacy.

I don't know man. Milo is still an unexplained phenomenon for me.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I'll accept that Tashan is trans but as someone with a number of trans friends I've never seen anyone use their trans-ness as a cudgel like that. Then again none of my friends are pro-Trump so maybe that's the difference

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cingulate posted:

Any other evidence for that beyond a single usage of "((()))" and one mention of Soros?

http://forward.com/news/national/347546/why-does-wikileaks-have-a-reputation-for-anti-semitism/

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Non Serviam posted:

He's retweeted Ann Coulter, gone on Hannity's show, tweeted out weird stuff that uses alt-right language, I think he's just a narcissistic rear end in a top hat that is viewing everything through the lens of "I'm being persecuted by Obama/Clinton". If you read the London Book Review essay written by the ghostwriter for his book, it paints an incredibly unflattering picture of his personality and politics.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Anyone catch the Samantha Bee interview with a pair of paid Russian trolls? The kind of cognitive dissonance required to both say "I like Trump because he doesn't say these mean things about Russia" while doing those exact things is pretty impressive.

I couple this with the latest spate of ransomware coming out of Russia that horrible people have been using to hold hospitals hostage, and start to wonder just what the U.S. and other nations can do to kick Russia in the teeth enough that they stop either encouraging it, or doing it themselves, because at this point, they're edging toward cartoon villainy.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

OddObserver posted:

And it's rather odd to label the Panama Papers as anti-Putin: yes, they implicated one of his buddies in massive corruption,
but also, I am just gonna still from Wikipedia here:

Yeah, and Putin was literally the only person he singled out to defend in any tweet.

And he defended him three times.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Cingulate posted:

Yeah, any other evidence of anti semitism other than the anti-semitism

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Guy Goodbody posted:

The second he steps outside of the embassy, the British police will arrest him. Before you ask, no, the embassy doesn't have roof access. the Russians can't Fulton him out

I'm sure they could think of something. Or at least promise Assange they could think of something. It'd have to be pretty crazy like a cheap spy thriller, but Russia assassinated a man using radioactive tea, so they clearly have no problem with silliness.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah, any other evidence of anti semitism other than the anti-semitism

It's like that 'you gently caress one goat' joke only, you know.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Holy poo poo it's actually November, it's finally here. Our long national nightmare will finally be over soon.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 1, 2016

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

BigRed0427 posted:

I don't know man. Milo is still an unexplained phenomenon for me.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I remember there was talk of Iowa and New Hampshire not voting first in the primaries anymore and that Nevada would definitely lose its early placement.

Anything ever come of that?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Pretty sure the word "tribalist" used in reference to Jewish people is an anti-semitic code-word thing too.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Kit Walker posted:

I'll accept that Tashan is trans but as someone with a number of trans friends I've never seen anyone use their trans-ness as a cudgel like that. Then again none of my friends are pro-Trump so maybe that's the difference

Tashan's views deserves no respect, after her indignation about her identity not being treated seriously a few posts later she was repeating a lie that the Planet Fitness woman who was kicked out wasn't trans and was just a creeper, which came about from people combing through the woman's social media, finding one post where she described a bdsm sex fantasy where she was male, and using that to discredit her even though she was living with a female name and posting pictures of herself with family as a woman. Keep in mind that Tashan's claim was that Tashan lived sometimes as a man. She's either not trans or an absolute hypocrite.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Our long national nightmare will finally be over soon.

What is it gonna be called when the 1-seat majority Republican Senate refuses to confirm any of President Clinton's SCOTUS nominees, then?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Holy poo poo it's actually November, it's here. Our long national nightmare will finally be over soon.

God, it's going to be the longest week

Wyld Thang
Feb 23, 2016

HannibalBarca posted:

Yeah a Hillary win by 4 or so, with GOP control of the Senate, is as close to a pyrrhic victory as you can come. Not saying that that's certainly gonna happen, but, ya know.

It better happen because I can't take another day of Screaming Senior Citizen Mom Phone Calls About How Much She Hates Trump.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
In a sane world, Wikileaks would've been laughed off the world stage after the Panama Papers stuff but the "DETH 2 AMERIKKKA, ITS ENEMIES R GUD" subsection of humanity just won't be denied.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

BarbarianElephant posted:

I'm sure they could think of something. Or at least promise Assange they could think of something. It'd have to be pretty crazy like a cheap spy thriller, but Russia assassinated a man using radioactive tea, so they clearly have no problem with silliness.

I'm sure they could promise Assange that they will get him out. But without the co-operation of the British government, it's basically impossible without going to war with Britain. And nobody gives that much of a poo poo about Assange. He's, at best, a useful idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Holy poo poo it's actually November, it's here. Our long national nightmare will finally be over soon.

Nothing is over until we decide it's over.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

• Locked thread