Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
This thread is good for reminding me that not everyone has my refined taste in pokemon

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Are you trying to tell me that there exists a bad Ghost type?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Going back to Pokken for a bit, as someone who doesn't know fighting games that well, i'm sorta expecting Pokken Switch to have two extra characters on top of all these new arcade characters so it's Empoleon or whoever the fourth arcade character is supposed to be and then two SM representatives for the console version. Ideally it'd be Incineroar plus an Alolan Forme like Exeggcutor or Ninetails or something.

I'd learn how command throws work for the sake of my wresslecat

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

alcharagia posted:

Gengar. Gastly and Haunter are good though

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

i'm sorta expecting Pokken Switch to have two extra characters on top of all these new arcade characters so it's Empoleon or whoever the fourth arcade character is supposed to be and then two SM representatives for the console version.

Decidueye is a given, since it's this gen's Charizard/Lucario/Greninja. For the other I'd personally like to see something unorthodox/insane (like Chandelure, the coolest character in the game) that they could get really creative with in terms of moveset and playstyle, e.g. Palossand.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

cheetah7071 posted:

This might be going too far on an internet forum but I just have to say it; you are dumb and wrong :colbert:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

what the gently caress

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

alcharagia posted:

yah its name is froslass

but thats ok because chandelure exists and balances it out by being the best ghost type

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

I'm in the middle of a coward's* nuzlocke run in Black 2 and my Watchog's name is Peepers :3:

*No perma-death because I don't pay close attention during battles and I don't have the willpower to self-enforce it anyway.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

boy are my arms tired posted:

yah its name is froslass

Wow rude. Froslass is good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

boy are my arms tired posted:

yah its name is froslass

but thats ok because chandelure exists and balances it out by being the best ghost type

Froslass is good

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

As someone who transferred their shiny gengar from leaf green all the way to xy to use the albino white mega form, I say your dead kiddo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

This thread is good for reminding me that not everyone has my refined taste in pokemon

how dare you impugn the angry eyes rodent

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Blockhouse posted:

a day late but what's everyone's favorite ghost-type?

I'm pretty into Aegislash and Gourgeist but Haunter is my favorite "this is a straight up ghost" pokemon

I'll hear nothing against the most adorable Ghost, Pumpkaboo.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Aegislash is my favorite ghost type because when it comes to monster collecting franchises I still have the sensibilities of a 12 year old and think swords and dragons and stuff like that are h*cka cool.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

El Burbo posted:

As someone who transferred their shiny gengar from leaf green all the way to xy to use the albino white mega form, I say your dead kiddo

I got a Shiny Gengar in Leaf Green too :hfive:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

do you think watchog are good at being traffic cops because i think they would be

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Explain.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

corn in the bible posted:

do you think watchog are good at being traffic cops because i think they would be

No because they are too short to see in a car.

Also they look creepy and I would like to not see them when driving.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

It looks dumb. People only like it because it's from gen 1.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

no because watchog is good and all cops are bad, which means it would be a bad cop (i.e. a good one)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

alcharagia posted:

Considering the worst of them are still cool, no there are really no bad ghosts.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

cheetah7071 posted:

It looks dumb. People only like it because it's from gen 1.

Your taste in Pokemon is poo poo. Gengar is like, 100 billion times cooler than you.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

PSWII60 posted:

Considering the worst of them are still cool, no there are really no bad ghosts.

Dusknoir and Duskclops are disappointing after Duskull, but still good designs imo.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I respect anyone for saying a Gen 1 mon is bad but Gengar is definitely not bad

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The only bad ghost type is Arceus-Ghost

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Scholtz posted:

The only bad ghost type is Arceus-Ghost

false

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

everyone please have your favorite thanksgiving monsters ready so we can avoid another embarrassing late day

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

everyone please have your favorite thanksgiving monsters ready so we can avoid another embarrassing late day

why is there no turkey mon yet

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What's the consensus on best first route trash mammal slash rodent? Worst?

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

bidoof

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Calaveron posted:

the best are Alola Raticate and Gumshoos
the worst are Furret and Bibarel

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What's that horrible rabbit Pokemon whose cries sounds like farting and design is like someone said what if Danny DeVito was a Pokemon

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

less laughter posted:

why is there no turkey mon yet

hosed up how pokemon sage designs aren't official

for all of your spanish conquistador-themed bully bird needs

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Competitively? Diggersby, who is terrible Danny DeVito mon because it got Pure Power as a hidden ability. Bibarel with its hidden ability is a close second.

Worst is probably Furret. You could maybe make the case for Linoone as well.

Raticate has Guts and the best attack stat, Watchog has Hypnosis....

Ironically, Alolan Raticate is probably going to be pretty bad because it lost Guts in favor of Gluttony/Hustle which is just ugh.

Zore fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 1, 2016

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

If you guys had to be the gym leader of your least favorite type, who would your 3-4 mon team be?

I hate water, but to make the most of it I'd pick:

Kingler

Crawdaunt

Jellicent

Barbaracle

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 1, 2016

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

hey, pokemon moon comes out this month

and sun too I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Pheasants are in the same family as turkeys and there's already cases of people hunting and eating Pokémon, so maybe Unovans gather around the table on holidays to a beautifully-plated Tranquill or Unfezant.