Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

I like the way you say penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Is there any reason to keep the NM raid armor if you already have the shader and got the HM version? Assuming the stats/perks don't matter and I have them as I want on both pieces.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Ularg posted:

Is there any reason to keep the NM raid armor if you already have the shader and got the HM version? Assuming the stats/perks don't matter and I have them as I want on both pieces.

Look within yourself and find that to this question you already know the answer

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Theres a way to make the Vosik fight more fun. Instead of saying boring things like "arc left", you say "Pikachu left", "Charmander center", "Haunter right". You Pokemon The Wrath of the Machine.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

hitchensgoespop posted:

Look within yourself and find that to this question you already know the answer

Yea I figured, but I've been wrong before.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Saying a gun is good for PvE is like my mom saying I was cool and other kids are just mean

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Saying a gun is good for PvE is like my mom saying I was cool and other kids are just mean

Theoretically.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Don't make fun of me just because I got an OAS/Zen Moment/AP rounds/Firefly Cryptic Dragon and will rep that poo poo for days. :colbert:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Think I finally got a decent Saladin's Vigil. Any help on the perks? I'm assuming it's the ones I have bolded.

Perfect Balance/Reinforced Barrel
Snapshot/Enhanced Battery
Unflinching/Rangefinder

Also a The Waiting:

Acc Coils/Quickdraw
Perfect Balance/Spray and Play
(+Rangefinder)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

acumen posted:

Think I finally got a decent Saladin's Vigil. Any help on the perks? I'm assuming it's the ones I have bolded.

Perfect Balance/Reinforced Barrel
Snapshot/Enhanced Battery
Unflinching/Rangefinder

Decent if you like high stability (and a lot of people do). But maxing range is what all the cool kids are doing to get those hilarious long distance kills, so rifled barrel is what to look out for.

Snapshot is a good perk, but I'm not sure the gun needs it as it seems to have a really good base ADS time (though it could just be ophidian's aspect messing with me, I should probably try it out on my titan sometime). So quickdraw might be "better" but it's more of a preference thing.

Rangefinder is good.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Enhanced battery on a vigil will spawn you with more and give you more from boxes

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Destiny has the weirdest population. You're either some kind of savant I can't kill or the dumbest mother fucker imaginable. The 1%'ers are some kind of unicorn "I'm decent at this but nothing special".

http://i.imgur.com/3sW4zL7.gifv

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

quickdraw snapshot last ditch :getin:

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
congrats on video game gauntlets, is the stat roll decent?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tei posted:

Theres a way to make the Vosik fight more fun. Instead of saying boring things like "arc left", you say "Pikachu left", "Charmander center", "Haunter right". You Pokemon The Wrath of the Machine.

Pretty sure you mean Aksis, unless you want people to start yelling out "left/right/center Voltorb."

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

You realize the irony here right?

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Tei posted:

Why isn't the purple one the coughing gas one?

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES
JUDGE MY MALOK BROS (seriously is this a decent set of rolls - seems ok)?

Red dot ors, outlaw, fitted stock/small bore, spray and play?

Ends up with 71 stability with small bore and 46 range, but the outlaw and sp perks make reloads fairly quick?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

texaholic posted:

congrats on video game gauntlets, is the stat roll decent?

http://i.imgur.com/hjxmVPB.gifv

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Mr. WTF posted:

You realize the irony here right?

Unfortunately I don't, please elaborate

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Unfortunately I don't, please elaborate

I think he's referencing your very good forums user name.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
if so I'm not sure that's irony but it's a pro callout nonetheless

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

quickdraw snapshot last ditch :getin:

You look like a rejected 90's live-action Cobra Commander concept, but in a good way.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

poor life choice posted:

I think he's referencing your very good forums user name.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

your name is good

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Bungie?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Yup confirmed

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

oh poo poo

If it's "don't miss any bombs" then this is going to tear a lot of families apart.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Don't miss any bombs would be infuriating since you have to throw at least 36 of them (for a two-round clear).

Reddit should have it cracked within a few hours, just check back then.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
only use x/use all safe rooms is another idea

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
if you do it right there are gonna be over 9000 loving chests that spawn once you beat him lol

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I like the idea of "use both safe rooms each time" is my favorite, I hope it's that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Emron posted:

I like the idea of "use both safe rooms each time" is my favorite, I hope it's that.

Effectively means you gotta three-phase it, right? I like it.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

if you do it right there are gonna be over 9000 loving chests that spawn once you beat him lol

CAnt loving wait for him to topple over and knock a bunch of engrams over the edge into the loving pit

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
My theorem based on gently caress all is that you have to rotate what bombs you throw so you can each only throw once from R,M & L

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A safe room trick makes the most sense to me, in the basic raid there's no reason to have two rooms activate per round except to add cognitive load and comm requirements. Using both rooms would tighten up the requirements for player performance but not too much, most teams are already doing three-round clears anyway.

Someone on Reddit claims to have watched a streamer's team hit every bomb and not pop the challenge, so that's probably not it.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

hitchensgoespop posted:

My theorem based on gently caress all is that you have to rotate what bombs you throw so you can each only throw once from R,M & L

That rounds out our hot takes. So from easiest to hardest we have 1) use all safe rooms, 2) throw from different side each time/phase/???, 3) gently caress you, connect with all bombs.

Actually here is a new one, I call it beyond gently caress you: captains have to be killed by Vosik, not players.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Someone apparently has already hit with all bombs and it didn't work.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Primary damage only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Here's another: You have to kill him with a bomb.

• Locked thread