Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

When do we get another uncle drew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

MourningView posted:

There was always talk about him having guard like skills but it felt like bullshit because all he did in college was score off lobs and putbacks. Then he got to the NBA and somehow it was actually true

Every basketball prospect is like a flower waiting to blossom, imo

Paulocaust posted:

You guys really need to watch Jonas Valancunias. He's way better than all but 2 of these guys.

e: look what happens when the Raptors finally include "pass the ball to JV" in their season plan.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LtoWBxTSxmw

Best centre in the east no question.

No, Drummond is probably better from a straight value standpoint

I don't even know that JV is that much better than Vucevic

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Horford and Dwight are still good, Whiteside is still amazing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/793507116661219331

Why won't this team of Alpha's just let me hate them :smith:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Dirk was too sick to go to DWill's Halloween party. I'd post the team pic but am lazy and phone posting.

Bashez, it's too early to declare the Mavs as bad. They've played 3 games, 2 without Dirk. One game (with Dirk) went to OT and another they lost by a basket (which shouldn't have happened because Harden offensively fouled Matthews on the start of the possession to move him out of possession.) They will look better when Harris and Dirk are both back. They also have one of the hardest schedules to start the season. Wait and see where they are when they hit 20 wins.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Declan MacManus posted:

No, Drummond is probably better from a straight value standpoint

I don't even know that JV is that much better than Vucevic

JV has made Drunmond his bitch every time they faced off. JV just dropped him off for a career high 32 like 6 days ago.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Declan MacManus posted:

A corpse flower bloomed here around the time of the draft I think, maybe that was heralding the arrival of Kris Dunn

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Can someone that has a twitter account do me a favor and DM the hoopdynastees guy @hdshirts and ask if he does prints and can share his email so I can buy one? I really want a print of sheed grinning

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/739875-sheed-grin?store_id=98881

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Can someone that has a twitter account do me a favor and DM the hoopdynastees guy @hdshirts and ask if he does prints and can share his email so I can buy one? I really want a print of sheed grinning

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/739875-sheed-grin?store_id=98881

Got you fam.

edit: Actually you can't DM if they don't have you added. I'll tweet him.

Lockback fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 1, 2016

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Why not just make a twitter account, it takes like two seconds

Please Eat A Vegetable
Jun 26, 2002
Lord of Primate Booty
Watching the Vice channel, and these two very New York-ish dudes have a show where they discuss sports and pop culture. Anyway, they go on to say that both NBA superteams both lost by 29 points on opening night.

Are the Knicks actually considered a "superteam"?
I mean by people who are not in or from NY?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Nobody in the world considers the Knicks a superteam.

Except Derrick Rose.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

"Lockback' posted:

Got you fam.

edit: Actually you can't DM if they don't have you added. I'll tweet him.

thanks

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Why not just make a twitter account, it takes like two seconds

good point, lockback already tweeted him tho

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Please Eat A Vegetable posted:

Watching the Vice channel, and these two very New York-ish dudes have a show where they discuss sports and pop culture. Anyway, they go on to say that both NBA superteams both lost by 29 points on opening night.

I guess you are talking about Desus & Mero. They are comedians and Knicks fans, don't take the superteam comment seriously

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Please Eat A Vegetable posted:

Desus and Mero are great. Also they aren't being entirely serious.

Everyone should watch Deus and Mero.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Adams didn't even have a phone during the process of signing a $100m contract. :lol:

https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/793515671233531904

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Paulocaust posted:

JV has made Drunmond his bitch every time they faced off. JV just dropped him off for a career high 32 like 6 days ago.

Deron Williams used to dominate Chris Paul when they matched up.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Desus and Mero also introduced me to this image

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Adams didn't even have a phone during the process of signing a $100m contract. :lol:

https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/793515671233531904

Who has time to talk about money when ball is calling.

Tonight's game of Jazz at SAS is the homecoming of Diaw so look for him to take revenge against Pop for banishing him to Utah.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/793519935473332224

I think this is pretty cool, the NBA does everything the best so it'll be a good show

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

IcePhoenix posted:

A corpse flower bloomed here around the time of the draft I think, maybe that was heralding the arrival of Kris Dunn

how are you already this mad about kris dunn after like 3 games

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Good morning basketfriends! I am wondering where you all like to go for morning roundups of the previous night's slate of games, and for NBA news/analysis in general. I realize this is a pretty vague request, but I'm just trying to expand my readership beyond Twitter accounts – and looking for something between the unreadable horror of nba.com/ESPN and the super in depth stuff you might find on Nylon Calculus. Any thoughts?

Thank you god bless and here is a picture of Clarence Weatherspoon smiling for your troubles:

Good Morning It's Basketball at SBNation is pretty good news roundup and you can get it as a newsletter if you want

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

MourningView posted:

He's taking Rubio's starting spot today as Rubio is out with a elbow thing. They've been reporting the starting job would be Dunn's this season either way. It's not really Dunn's fault, he looks like a pretty good player, but the selection and positioning of Dunn means the Wolves will be a lot less fun to watch.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Gynecolojustice posted:

really excited about the offerings on NBAtv tonight, Houston/Cleveland right when I get home from work, and GSW/Portland right as I settle in bed after a nice meal and maybe even a little gravity bong action!

Harden may or may not be out tonight so the gravity bong could be a necessary ingredient

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MourningView posted:

I've been mad about Dunn for like five months

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

He's taking Rubio's starting spot today as Rubio is out with a elbow thing. They've been reporting the starting job would be Dunn's this season either way. It's not really Dunn's fault, he looks like a pretty good player, but the selection and positioning of Dunn means the Wolves will be a lot less fun to watch.

Just give us Rubio for Gay already stop wasting everyone's time

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/793533155860971520

Also OKC traded Ersan for Jerami Grant

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jerami Grant traded to OKC for Ersan.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Just give us Rubio for Gay already stop wasting everyone's time

:(

That is like the most depressing thing ever and I am pretty sure its going to happen.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

wearing short shorts is tight as gently caress

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I'm down with Jaylen Brown

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Uh okay okc

Sorta amused that as soon as metapod declared his love for him, ersan is gone

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

wearing short shorts is tight as gently caress

Seriously, it's about time this came back. It's shocking that Westbrook wasn't the one to start it though, dude is resting on his laurels.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Shear Modulus posted:

Who has time to talk about money when ball is calling.

Tonight's game of Jazz at SAS is the homecoming of Diaw so look for him to take revenge against Pop for banishing him to Utah.

Apparently if the Spurs win it will be their best start in franchise history.

Kawhi is getting to the line like a mad man. If that keeps up I'd expect him to be MVP favorite. It was easily the weakest part of his game and if his three point shot comes back he's going to be ungodly efficient.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Papercut posted:

Seriously, it's about time this came back. It's shocking that Westbrook wasn't the one to start it though, dude is resting on his laurels.

its tough with hairy thighs :(

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Everyone watched GS blow a 3-1 lead and decided that actually spacing is bad

E: I put up with like two decades of people making fun of John Stockton's shorts, y'all don't get to suddenly pretend that you think they're cool now

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Apparently OKC's sending a first-rounder, which seems dumb but I guess it'll either be a 28th pick or never get conveyed

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
What's a jerami grant

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/793525048141238272

https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/793525198058164224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

MourningView posted:

Everyone watched GS blow a 3-1 lead and decided that actually spacing is bad

E: I put up with like two decades of people making fun of John Stockton's shorts, y'all don't get to suddenly pretend that you think they're cool now

They are watching the dominance of the zero space and pace team the Bulls(Number 1 offense in the league baby) assembled.

• Locked thread