Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm back at work after basically ten days of being high. It sucks

Page 50 snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Jestery posted:

Fair point, this is the same doctor who treated my tics through high school. I hope he is sympathetic.

Thanks man i appreciate the input

Doctors are afraid of being labelled "that guy" and having every stoner in town flood them, but if he's familiar with your condition and you have a history you should be able to have a grown up conversation and maybe he can at least point you towards the right guy if he's too square to sign the paper.

Average prescription is 2-3 grams/day, and you might want more if edibles or concentrates help more than just herb, or if you're just a big dude or have a high tolerance.

So don't worry about feeling like a weedlord bonerhitler, if you need a QP a month, it's is what it is.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Oberleutnant posted:

Problem: I'm getting high all the time and am not getting any work done.

Solution: ???

work while high

quote:

you shouldnt have to "prove" gently caress all to your doctor - he's there to listen to you and help

yeah well you shouldn't have to, but it might be a good idea. If you've known him for a long time, I guess it's not necessary, but some doctors don't really believe you have a problem unless your head falls off in the exam room.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

reallivedinosaur posted:

Doctors are afraid of being labelled "that guy" and having every stoner in town flood them, but if he's familiar with your condition and you have a history you should be able to have a grown up conversation and maybe he can at least point you towards the right guy if he's too square to sign the paper.

Average prescription is 2-3 grams/day, and you might want more if edibles or concentrates help more than just herb, or if you're just a big dude or have a high tolerance.

So don't worry about feeling like a weedlord bonerhitler, if you need a QP a month, it's is what it is.

Jesus 2-3 grams a day that would knock me on my arse. I forget how high you guys tolerances are.

Hes a pretty reasonable guy, i hope he can do me a solid. I imagine i will be his first weed card guy.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

AugmentedVision posted:

Nutella works just as well, tastes better imo, and doesn't make nearly as much of a mess

I made them with nutella and they came out extremely good, nutella gets all fluffy and nice when you bake it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I smoke about two grams a day. That's throughout the day though. Morning joint, afternoon joint, etc.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Ugh I think I ovetroncentrated my concentrate for my vape juice. It eventually mixed into the plain ejuice but idk. I will have to vape more when I come down off my Charlotte's Web oil. Trying it last night after dabbing I have no idea if it was potent or not lol.

americong
May 29, 2013

i'm still on the same gram bag i started two+ weeks ago

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

americong posted:

i'm still on the same gram bag i started two+ weeks ago

lol wut, I smoked more than that when I first began smoking....

americong
May 29, 2013

a bone to pick posted:

lol wut, I smoked more than that when I first began smoking....

a .2 gram bowl knocks me on my rear end for three or more hours

it owns

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
medical patients often have equine level tolerances. You can buy a single candy bar with 500mg from my wife's shop.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you're not really meant to eat the whole thing a lot of the time with those though

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Having a low tolerance is inarguably better. One of the dudes that sells to me is high constantly but he spends literally hundreds a week on weed. I would so much rather be able to get very high from a little bit of weed. I might have messed that up with my vacation last week though

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The eighth that I used to go through in a weekend would last my buddy over a month. I'm very jealous of that kind of intolerance to drugs.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
just take a T break

I should do that too but eh.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I sometimes wish I got my Grandma high before she passed away.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
why you think you coulda prevented it?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Probably not her death but depending on what she died of it may have made her last few months a lot more pain-free and enjoyable

Imagine if all the arthritic, cholicky, crotchety angry old people were all smoking weed. What a world that would be :allears:

americong
May 29, 2013

purple death ray posted:

Having a low tolerance is inarguably better. One of the dudes that sells to me is high constantly but he spends literally hundreds a week on weed. I would so much rather be able to get very high from a little bit of weed. I might have messed that up with my vacation last week though

my problem is that lots of glass isn't really made to smoke .075-.1g at a time

my mflb was better for that but i got tired of charging batteries

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jonny 290 posted:

medical patients often have equine level tolerances. You can buy a single candy bar with 500mg from my wife's shop.

Excluding traumatic injury that should alleviate almost any pain.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

americong posted:

get screens

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

why you think you coulda prevented it?

Nah but I think it would have really put her at ease and comfort in her last months, I know that when I'm on my death bed I will be high 24/7.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

americong posted:

Get one of those wood box one-hitters where you store ground up weed in the box and push the pipe in to load it, those things only hold a teeny bit.

Alternatively tively get a glass screen for any bowl and you can safely pack tiny bowls without them pulling through

americong
May 29, 2013

Kelp Me! posted:

Get one of those wood box one-hitters where you store ground up weed in the box and push the pipe in to load it, those things only hold a teeny bit.

Alternatively tively get a glass screen for any bowl and you can safely pack tiny bowls without them pulling through

i got a pack of metal screens but they were a pain in the rear end to clean, are glass ones that much better

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
generally you're supposed to just toss the metal screens after a couple uses? glass ones are easier to clean (less tiny holes and whatever) but you'll still need to soak them in isopropyl to really get them clean afaik

americong
May 29, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

generally you're supposed to just toss the metal screens after a couple uses? glass ones are easier to clean (less tiny holes and whatever) but you'll still need to soak them in isopropyl to really get them clean afaik

I meant cleaning the piece in general; more removing new ash than de-resining

i like to just rotate it upside down and blow the ash into an empty soda can or something

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My glass screens last for months and then I just throw them away because its like $2 for 20 of them. The only way for me to clean the bowl though is to open a window and blow the ash out of it, scooping it out always causes me to scoop the filter out too.

americong
May 29, 2013

the head shop wanted to charge like a buck each, yikes

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

americong posted:

the head shop wanted to charge like a buck each, yikes

Yeah I used to pay a buck each, it's not that bad since I get about 2-3 weeks out of each one (I don't clean them, I just toss 'em when they're so resin-caked they actually block the hole), but then I found out you can get 100 of them for :10bux: with Prime shipping: https://www.amazon.com/Polykarmatic...ds=glass+screen

They're way better than metal screens, all they're really doing is plugging the middle of the hole so much less weed/ash gets pulled through. Also after a few bowls they'll basically be glued in, so you can clear out your bowl without it popping out. If they ever clog you just torch the empty bowl and do cigar puffs (no inhale) until it clears out. Also I've always been a little wary of using metal screens since who the hell knows what kind of metals they're using and how they react to open flame

Finally, as far as emptying/maintaining a bowl, do yourself a favor and get a pipe cleaner tool: https://www.amazon.com/LUNIWEI-Usef...words=pipe+tool they're dirt cheap and extremely useful.

e: I realize some people might be thinking of the honeycomb glass screens (https://www.amazon.com/Pureglasz-Ho...6S73REMKZA65ETB), I personally hate them, they get clogged super easily and they tend to be so big that they never properly settle in the bowl and you have to readjust it every time you pack the bowl. The little pointy ones I linked settle perfectly in the bowl and clog much less frequently.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
One thing I have that I find extremely underrated is this pipe multitool:

Don't know anyone else that has one and it is a god-send for cleaning and clearing out your bowl.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

a bone to pick posted:

One thing I have that I find extremely underrated is this pipe multitool:

Don't know anyone else that has one and it is a god-send for cleaning and clearing out your bowl.

Yeah that's the thing I linked! They're so great.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Kelp Me! posted:

Yeah that's the thing I linked! They're so great.

Oh nice, when you said pipe cleaner I thought you meant something like this:

Which I have a lot of because there's no other way to clean my downstem.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
in 2017 americong will name change to ameriBONG and be dabbing half grams of wax

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

reallivedinosaur posted:

in 2017 americong will name change to ameriBONG and be dabbing half grams of wax

candid footage of americong in 2018:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4baC5JZyMz0

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I remembered another stoner tip: never buy Formula 420 or Simple Green or whatever overpriced glass-cleaner being sold at the local head shop.

90% isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol and coarse salt (I prefer Epsoms, super coarse and doesn't dissolve as much as regular sea salt). If it's a pipe, toss it in a ziploc bag with those ingredients, seal it and shake it up. If a bong, fill it with the mixture and just shake vigorously. Works incredibly well. Bonus if you have one of those mesh pipe cleaners a bone to pick posted, you will get even the dirtiest glass into like-new shape in 10 minutes.

(weed/resin is alcohol soluble, and the salt scrapes away the crap that the alcohol loosened)

it works a little better if you add some hot water; not too much since you don't want to dilute the alcohol more than you need to.

e: since this is the weed thread after all I should probably mention that skipping the hot water and trying to boil rubbing alcohol is a bad idea

americong
May 29, 2013

reallivedinosaur posted:

i'll borrow a rig and trip report if it earns me GBS cred

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747
I got some moon rocks!! They were expensive as gently caress, but whatever it's my birthday. It's such a strong high, it lasts for hours. You only need to smoke a little bit. They were kinda naked but my friend had a bag of kief so we coated them again.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

americong posted:

i'll borrow a rig and trip report if it earns me GBS cred

if by GBS cred you mean "guys I took a dab and woke up on the couch 6 hours later in a puddle of vomit" by all means. If you're smoking bowls so small you need a screen so they don't constantly pull through, a dab is most likely going to put you on the floor.

I'm not saying you won't enjoy it immensely, but you're basically jumping from playing HORSE with your friends on a half-court, to game 7 of the NBA finals, in one shot.

americong
May 29, 2013

like i said. gbs cred

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yomofo posted:

I got some moon rocks!! They were expensive as gently caress, but whatever it's my birthday. It's such a strong high, it lasts for hours. You only need to smoke a little bit. They were kinda naked but my friend had a bag of kief so we coated them again.

Are moon rocks those solid blocks of compressed kief? I don't think I ever smoked them straight, we used to chip a piece off and smoosh it on top of a regular bowl of weed.