Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Peechka posted:

Im insane? Yorue voting for the most corrupt, most vile, worst lying sociopath to ever run for president. The one that's threatening war with Russia? hosed up Lybia, hosed up Iraq, hosed up Syria, And now Obama is bombing and supplying munitions to Saudis to bomb Yemen, And Im insane?

I thought you libs were anti war? WTF happened?

Look at you guys embracing the Russian lies hook line and sinker. As if it were 1965.

Get Trump's words out of your mouth, there's nothing of his you could have in there that is dirtier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

spacetoaster posted:

Well no, not ALL of them I'm sure.

But my friends list is small and diverse, it's more than a couple.
The top-upvoted comment on any of Robert Reich's facebook posts is usually someone saying "BERNIE SANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - I don't think this is necessarily indicative of some massive groundswell of sentiment given all the other polls which are still veering between different grades of HRC win.

The election is not illegitimate just because it is not targeting your demographic primarily

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
swimming right now - seems like everythings wet these days

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Ciaphas posted:

Holy god, day one of the thread and 1600+ posts. I'll check a few pages but jesus did I miss something new?

Trump trolls are out in force since they know the ship is sinking.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

swimming right now - seems like everythings wet these days

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Peacenik Trump would last about as long as some world leader looking at him sideways. I wonder how he would have reacted to China snubbing him like they snubbed Obama?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/04/barack-obama-deliberately-snubbed-by-chinese-in-chaotic-arrival-at-g20

He's never declared war on anyone because this is his maiden voyage in politics. This is like saying a virgin is the world's greatest lover, because they have yet to be proved otherwise.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Hasn't almost every poll shown that Clinton has 90% of the Democrat support? Where is the 'she doesn't appeal to (x)" coming from. She is winning every demographic that isn't white men.

The same pace that "She's corrupt!" is coming from - literal decades of the shrill screaming of talk radio/Fox News. She's a Clinton, thus she is evil, thus no one likes her, thus no one really wants to vote for her and all the people who say they are only do it grudgingly.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Crowsbeak posted:

Its dumb, but its less dumb then not expanding the house. Seriously are their any good resources for why we haven't, because we have over three times what the population was in 1020 and we have same number of reps now as we did then? Also Wisconsin and my state seem to have been having the same population growth.

They won't even consider expanding the house unless the Dems achieve total, overwhelming control over government and can trample any and all GOP and moderate objections. The reason why is a larger house helps the Dems in the electoral college.

The GOP benefits a lot more from the 2 extra free EV that every state gets because of all the safe red flyover states. A bigger house means more total EV, which then dilutes the artificially high influence that small states have.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

A Winner is Jew posted:

Trump trolls are out in force since they know the ship is sinking.

It must be a mindfuck to put your faith in what you imagine is strength and then watch it get dominated by actual strength, and a woman no less

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/793538673627242500

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

woke wedding drone posted:

It must be a mindfuck to put your faith in what you imagine is strength and then watch it get dominated by actual strength, and a woman no less

It's been brought up before, but I think the funniest thing about this election has been Donald Trump somehow convincing a vast army of followers that he's an Alpha Male.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Why are people with anime avatars suddenly so afraid of war with Russia? We got through the cold war. Syria isn't causing WW3.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I imagine trying to expand the House would run into cries of "oh you want MORE congressmen?! what about ARE TAX DOLLARS"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Big buys in Michigan and Colorado from the Clinton SuperPac.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Remember folks, seven days until Clinton wins and you're tempted to welcome your racist friends and family back into the community of humans. Don't do it! Hound them with their choices until they become depressed.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Ciaphas posted:

Holy god, day one of the thread and 1600+ posts. I'll check a few pages but jesus did I miss something new?

No, the only new thing today I think is that the new release old Clinton Foundation FBI documents.

http://www.vox.com/2016/11/1/13489510/fbi-clinton-foundation

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

smug n stuff posted:

It's been brought up before, but I think the funniest thing about this election has been Donald Trump somehow convincing a vast army of followers that he's an Alpha Male.

What is an alpha male but a guy who approaches life like a gorilla with a headache?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

FuzzySlippers posted:

Why are people with anime avatars suddenly so afraid of war with Russia? We got through the cold war. Syria isn't causing WW3.
For some strange reason, the Hillary is Bad data stream has a lot of things in it discouraging war with plucky little Russia, who aren't so bad once you get to know them, and besides which, have historically ruled the Ukraine and held dominance over the straits of the Bosphorus.

It's weird!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
If I may, I have a question for the Trump supporters here. What about him makes you think he'd be a good president, exactly? What qualities do you see in him? I'm genuinely curious, and since I don't know a single person irl who's voting for him, I figured I'd ask

Like, forget Clinton, just tell me what's good about Trump

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Remember folks, seven days until Clinton wins and you're tempted to welcome your racist friends and family back into the community of humans. Don't do it! Hound them with their choices until they become depressed.

It'll be all of my willpower to stick to my self-imposted "no politics on facebook" rule.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

juge! juge! so huge! much bigly!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Rabble posted:

They should have never capped it in the first place :colbert:. If only the house had thousands of members....

The house size isn't really capped. There's no law saying it must stay 435.

The house has simply refused to increase its size after the 1920 census, and after every census since. Because they couldn't be bothered to do it. They could do it at any time, though after stalling nearly 100 years they'd also need to authorize funds to expand chambers at some point (the current House chambers could fit about 1000 representatives in session, without any renovation besides new desks and rearranging them).

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013

What about pushing them down the stairs and making it look like an accident?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Okay so we're back to Comey just being a tool then.

quote:

An FBI list of documents recently added to the public vault states that this material, which related to former President Bill Clinton’s pardoning of Marc Rich, an international commodities trader indicted on tax evasion charges, was released on October 31. NBC's Pete Williams reported that the documents were the subject of a Freedom of Information Act request and were released “under normal guidelines”...

This head-scratching account reactivation came just two days after FBI Director James Comey’s announcement that the agency was looking into more emails potentially tied to its investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server as secretary of state.

Comey was at the heart of the scandal that erupted from Clinton’s 2001 pardoning of Rich, a financier who lingered on the FBI’s most-wanted list for 16 years for criminal charges including tax evasion, wire fraud and trading with Iran during the oil embargo. Comey oversaw Rich’s prosecution between 1987 and 1993, before later taking over an investigation into then-President Clinton’s decision to grant Rich a pardon on his last day in office. He ultimately decided not to pursue that case.

An FBI spokesman did not immediately respond Tuesday to TPM's request for comment.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PA's numbers are pretty high in general considering we have excuse-only early voting. Maybe we'll have general early/mail-in voting here someday...

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

spacetoaster posted:

So you actually think Hillary has energized everyone to go vote?

Here's one Trump rally in Florida:

Here's Hillary's rally:

I don't think anyone is super excited to get out and vote for Hillary. At least not anything like we saw for Obama in either of his presidential elections.
What I take from this is Trump attracts the kind of person who likes rallies.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

BarbarianElephant posted:

The thing about enthusiasm is that a grudgingly cast vote counts the same as a triumphantly cast one.

But a triumphant voter is a lot more likely than a begrudging voter to actually turn out to vote on Election Day.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nessus posted:

The top-upvoted comment on any of Robert Reich's facebook posts is usually someone saying "BERNIE SANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - I don't think this is necessarily indicative of some massive groundswell of sentiment given all the other polls which are still veering between different grades of HRC win.

The election is not illegitimate just because it is not targeting your demographic primarily

I was just asking a poster why he thought there was a groundswell of support among early voters in Florida for Hillary.

Nowhere have I ever said anything about illegitimacy of the election nor have I said who I was voting for.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Doing this runs the risk of missing out on vital schadenfreude.

So I say verily, be mindful of who you let back in but unblock your racist relatives for a bit on FB to see how they're doing for a week or so.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Nessus posted:

I think a lot of people are, yeah.

I was energized, but I voted in Florida last week, so now I'm just waiting for the results to pour in next week.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Cingulate posted:

What I take from this is Trump attracts the kind of person who likes rallies.

What I take from this is if you juxtapose a photo of the biggest Trump rally you can find with one of the smallest Hillary rally you can try to make an exceptionally lazy and disingenuous point about an enthusiasm gap.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

I believe Florida's crazy increase is largely from the Hurricane, right? Lot of people probably thought "well, this thing is gonna wipe everything off the map. Might as well vote before I die."

This heavy increase in early voting is a pretty good thing for Dems, right?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I remember that being where I'd heard he'd picked up his animosity for the Clintons.

Comey doesn't like them. At all. He probably thought he was safe to put in a little parting shot like his last dumb editorializing and instead he's thrown his agency's reputation in the trash.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

wilderthanmild posted:

This heavy increase in early voting is a pretty good thing for Dems, right?

Yes, unless you think black people are the only ones that vote for Democrats.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
not voting, but has anyone noticed trump voters are much larger than clinton voters? wonder if this has been factored into the polls.....we could be looking at a landslide here.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Maroon 5 playing arenas means they're better than Tom Waits, who plays smaller venues. It is known.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Get Trump's words out of your mouth, there's nothing of his you could have in there that is dirtier.

I think his penis still shades it. Close, though.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Night10194 posted:

I remember that being where I'd heard he'd picked up his animosity for the Clintons.

Comey doesn't like them. At all. He probably thought he was safe to put in a little parting shot like his last dumb editorializing and instead he's thrown his agency's reputation in the trash.

Got a link to why Comey hates the Clintons?

I've seen it discussed before but haven't read up on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

Maroon 5 playing arenas means they're better than Tom Waits, who plays smaller venues. It is known.

hes big in japan

• Locked thread