Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Munkeymon posted:

I think I finally figured out why I find your particular gimmick so annoying: the moral cowardice of the position. Yes, I understand the logic behind not wanting to run someone with high negatives, but the problem with that is that you concede that anyone targeted by a smear campaign is no longer eligible for office. After you do that, the other side just has to smear anyone they think has a fighting chance and welp now you're perma-hosed! It's even super easy for them to do because they don't even have to make up believable lies anymore because they've conditioned enough people to instinctively believe anything they say in their outrage voice.

You can have all the moral bravery you want while you lose. Good for you. I care about winning and winning by the largest margins possible. That would have a much more positive impact on people's lives and on the issues that I and I expect most progressives care about than one person's accomplishments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ogmius815 posted:

Yup back to full-on Arzy today. Everything is terrible and America is doomed.

Honestly? Disengage with the Internet. We'll all be here on election night.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

The worst thing about this election is I can't vote against Tom Cotton.

Write in Deez Nutz.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/JFreports/status/793552555536101376

Now deleted, of course. Will probably claim hack sometime soon.

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/793558541416169472

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Farchanter posted:

If I'm still alive Wednesday morning it's going to be an absolute miracle.

From a few pages back but yeah, this

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Farchanter posted:

If I'm still alive Wednesday morning it's going to be an absolute miracle.

We've all been dead all along.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And I'm the queen of france :sparkles:

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

iospace posted:

I live in Milwaukee County and Ryan is my congressman :barf:

Same. The level of Paul Ryan preroll youtube ads I've been getting in the last few days is absurd. Can't wait until I don't have to see his face again.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Look, that was just a legitimate FOIA request. Since a lot of people are interested in it, why should we deny them the right to know more‽

It looks like they've been back logged for a while and just now got around to processing the requests. A similarly sized dump occurred back in jun of last year. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the lead and tail are directly related to presidential candidates. It can't possibly be obvious political hackery.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

mcmagic posted:

You can have all the moral bravery you want while you lose. Good for you. I care about winning and winning by the largest margins possible.

I will accomplish this by posting the same thing again and again in a thread

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I'm Arzying a bit because isn't it still too early for these new polls to reflect the results of the FBI letter?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

WampaLord posted:

Honestly? Disengage with the Internet. We'll all be here on election night.

Like a rat in the operant conditioning trap I find myself unable to pull away.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

And for my next trick...

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Dr Christmas posted:

I'm Arzying a bit because isn't it still too early for these new polls to reflect the results of the FBI letter?

Which polls?

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Dr Christmas posted:

aren't we in like Peak FBI time with the polls that are coming now?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Pakled posted:

Write in Deez Nutz.

He's not up for reelection until 2020. But he's legit the worst senator. Hell he's the worst person in the world.

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2016/06/06/tom-cotton-todays-worst-person-in-the-world

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I'm not Arzying as I really think a lot of people will step in the booth and not be able to pull the lever for Donald J Trump.

However, I am genuinely concerned with the type of poo poo the FBI is pulling. There's really just no reason to be sending out tweets of redacted files on 16 year-old stories. This type of internal politicking is what ran John O'Neill out of the Bureau.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Does anyone have that post from the previous thread about the people on the submarines that launch nukes and don't know whether they're just doing a drill or the real-thing?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Boy I can't wait for the next round of three debates! :shepicide:

Ganon
May 24, 2003
Tomorrow there's going to be a WI poll from Marquette, if it's less than +5 for Clinton and Feingold then I will be making GBS threads my pants

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

The worst thing about this election is I can't vote against Tom Cotton.

The worst thing about this election is that I have to continue to live in a state which gives Kasich and Portman a national platform.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Hillary is going to win but I'm afraid this election's going to set the record low for turnout.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

cult member at airport posted:

Does anyone have that post from the previous thread about the people on the submarines that launch nukes and don't know whether they're just doing a drill or the real-thing?

It was my post, so you can just check my history.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Twitter is easier to hack than the DNC apparently

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

FuturePastNow posted:

Hillary is going to win but I'm afraid this election's going to set the record low for turnout.

You mean with the early voting numbers being the highest in recent history?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Dr Christmas posted:

nope

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

early voting turnout is higher than previous election cycles so I dunno what the hell you're going on about here

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

FuturePastNow posted:

Turnout for Hispanics seems to be spiking, among others, so unless you mean GOP turnout is depressed offsets it overall compared to earlier elections, I'm not seeing it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

FuturePastNow posted:

literally all evidence points to the opposite being the case

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

iospace posted:

And I'm the queen of france :sparkles:

I read this as "Queen of Trance".

The sparkles took on an entirely different meaning.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

U-DO Burger posted:

early voting turnout is higher than previous election cycles so I dunno what the hell you're going on about here

How much is that due to there being more early voting precincts?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

MrChupon posted:

This is from 30 pages back, but yes, yes he would have been. :colbert:

"Not only are we going to New Hampshire, Tom Harkin, we're going to South Carolina and Oklahoma And Arizona.. And North Dakota And New Mexico! We're going to California and Texas and New York! And we're going to South Dakota and Oregon and Washington and Michigan! And then we're going to Washington D.C. to take back the White House! Yeah!!!"

that was played 633 times in a 4 day period, now multiply that out over the course of an entire election cycle.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

TheBigAristotle posted:

I'm not Arzying as I really think a lot of people will step in the booth and not be able to pull the lever for Donald J Trump.

However, I am genuinely concerned with the type of poo poo the FBI is pulling. There's really just no reason to be sending out tweets of redacted files on 16 year-old stories. This type of internal politicking is what ran John O'Neill out of the Bureau.

The understanding is that account is a bot, and is publishing FOIA requests to the public.

I think anyway.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

mcmagic posted:

You can have all the moral bravery you want while you lose. Good for you. I care about winning and winning by the largest margins possible. That would have a much more positive impact on people's lives and on the issues that I and I expect most progressives care about than one person's accomplishments.

Why is it every time I look at USPol, I see your stupid garbage polluting the thread. We get it, you think you're smarter than everyone and Bernie should be the dark messiah for 1000 years of liberal darkness but now because everyone (read: white men) hate Hillary, the cheeto's going to win. Either Toxx for Trump or stop posting, jesus.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There is absolutely not a single thing suggesting record low turnout. If anything turnout looks to be higher than expected.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Hypothetically, if on election night the polls are where they are now, we expect Clinton to get a close win maybe a 50/50 senate, and..... inexplicably Clinton just cruises to a 12-point wipeout and the Dems take all of congress.

What would that mean for polling this year and how could they adjust to a huge miss? Maybe a correlation between people who enjoy answering polls and GOP voters? Missing latinos showing up at the polls? Or just a one-time anomaly driven by the fact that Trump is Trump?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ImpAtom posted:

There is absolutely not a single thing suggesting record low turnout. If anything turnout looks to be higher than expected.

I read a post earlier that suggested there was low turnout though.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Levitate posted:

Twitter is easier to hack than the DNC apparently

"I was hacked" is such a worn-out excuse anyway. Should have said "I didn't know my keyboard was live."

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

CascadeBeta posted:

Either Toxx for Trump or stop posting, jesus.

Put your Ballot where your Mouth is, McMagic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I read a post earlier that suggested there was low turnout though.

Lower AA turnout. Latinos seem to be compensating for it.

• Locked thread